PDA

View Full Version : diy-park & night skating dlc

schnavolda
07-20-2010, 12:43 PM
from kids table:

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2010/07/20/jd789.aspx

Skate™ 3 After Dark Pack (Electronic Arts)

July 27 | 400 Microsoft Points

Night Skate for the first time in the brand new Sanatorium, then hit up the classic San Van DIY park for a shred after dark. “Skate™ 3” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and available worldwide.

DIY-park!? that spot was fun to skate, sanatorium sounds weird. maybe a night-time dlc area?

jest118
07-20-2010, 01:03 PM
This sound VERY interesting. Will it add the ability to set parks to "night?" Hmm.. I hope the Sanitarium is dope if it doesn't. Because it's pretty obvious people are going to murder it right off the bat.

Demzilla
07-20-2010, 01:39 PM
i forgot if its a cap area or a separate area in general...

w.e..

il buy it...

at work...
is it out...

that pressser leads me to believe...

Jack
07-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm interested in things that have the potential to be awesome.

bohemian
07-20-2010, 02:15 PM
this better include moveable lightsources and generatorsounds
diy park is mainly tranny, not too stoked
sanatarium sounds like a bad skatespot

The Revolutionist
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Sanitarium sounds like something out of SAW. On top of that DIY was boring transexual skating. Were the fuck is Art Gallery DLC, or Res DLC? Hope they stop messing around and put out something worthwhile.

sk8cdt
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
A sanatorium (also spelled sanitorium and sanitarium) is a medical facility for long-term illness, most typically associated with treatment of tuberculosis (TB) before antibiotics. A distinction is sometimes made between "sanitarium" (a kind of health resort, as in the Battle Creek Sanitarium) and "sanatorium" (a hospital).[1][2]

-Wikipedia

so its either a hospital health resort or some sorta insane asylum

and i am so happy that diy is in it too that i might cry
greatest park of all time

lunchmeat
07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
DIY Park - fuck yes. I'm so down for that. It does kind of suck that it doesn't have much street, but I used to love that park. It won't quite fit the way I play the game now, but I'm pretty much down.

Sanatorium - now I'll have Metallica stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

rockerboy1013
07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
LOL. Thats funny, I was thinking of the absolute last place I wanted to skate from OG San Van, and then I read this. Might as well make a Fabio dlc.

Sanitorium sounds cool, tho.

EDIT: Wow Imma dumbass, when I read DIY park I thought of something else, but then I caught myself. After that, I'm REALLY excited. Way to go Black Box!

jest118
07-20-2010, 05:09 PM
i forgot if its a cap area or a separate area in general...

w.e..

il buy it...

at work...
is it out...

that pressser leads me to believe...

Next week is the date alleged by that link.

schnavolda
07-24-2010, 01:22 AM
After Dark was created as a "Thank You" to all the Skate fans out there that bought Skate 3 new and activated the share code included in the game box insert. It is free...as in "cost no points or money"...for these people.

http://skate.ea.com/blog.action?blogId=skateblog-july22-20100724050659449.xml

FREE DLC! yay.

Granka
07-24-2010, 03:35 AM
Damn, I didn´t know that they meant the DIY park from Skate 1. That´s awesome! I loved skating that place in Skate 1. And for the whole darkness-thing, that´s awesome too. Being able to work in a little toned down mood in the solos and shit.

Demzilla
07-24-2010, 06:20 AM
diy got that step up and spin on the edge....
bunch of shit to jam on....

free is nice too...

first person to a night video loses..

stuey2dope
07-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Well happy about the news that it's free.
Can't even recall the DIY from OG skate. This new place sounds cool too. Hopefully it has some nice street stuff.

Low light skating~

Niiiiiiiicceeee.

lunchmeat
07-26-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm just stoked about DIY at nighttime. Nighttime skateparks are, simply put, awesome. DIY's got the perfect atmosphere for it.

schnavolda
07-27-2010, 06:21 AM
i don't know what to think of the dlc.

the diy-park is cool, even though some parts are nearly too dark due to the night, but here the illusion of skating at night is rather believable.

the sanatorium park sucks. i mean it's just a huge plaza with oversized stairs and that's about it. the lighting here is ugly, it really seems like regular s3 with dark sky. so much wasted space here, totally boring.

entrance area:
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/2074/2074/878537.jpg

sanatorium plaza:
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/2074/2074/878492.jpg

new clothes are a mixed match, too. some of the shirts are pretty cool. no new shoes and only one new pair of pants is a bummer, the one new sweater looks like crap.

thank god this stuff was for free.

jest118
07-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Sucks that you're bummed on it. I hope when I get to play it I can find some redeeming factors. Thanks for the info and pics though.

Demzilla
07-27-2010, 09:32 AM
now 1 sweater..
bummer...

il jam out....

Jack
07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't want to rain on your disappointment or anything, but I've definitely found at least two sick fucking objects. And it's fun to film with the moon in the background and a creepy asss insane assylum. I'm coming back for more, even if most of it is a little bit vanilla.

bene317
07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't want to rain on your disappointment or anything, but I've definitely found at least two sick fucking objects. And it's fun to film with the moon in the background and a creepy asss insane assylum. I'm coming back for more, even if most of it is a little bit vanilla.

please: "inpatient mental health treatment (and/or recovery) center"

...or depending on the historical era and location: a place to lock up gays/lesbians, political dissidents, single mothers, inter-racial couples, etc.

*please do note the sarcasm/irony of this post ;)

jest118
07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
You forgot people with TB.

heshfield
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
In a weird way I like the new map quite a bit.
The lighting really isnt all that bad considering what BB is working with--maybe in editing it can be adjusted to look a little better.
Theres IS a lot of wasted space but the plaza has a lot of potential gap transfers, theres a few hubba-like things that arent too bad, DIY is rad (forgot how much I liked it there), plus theres a pretty sick ditch area that I also like. Not too interested in clothing because we can make our own with the GC, but Im pretty bummed theres no new shoes--it couldve really gone a long way if they had some decent colorways.

jest118
07-27-2010, 10:56 AM
but Im pretty bummed theres no new shoes--it couldve really gone a long way if they had some decent colorways.

This. Anyone who can whisper sweet nothings into EA's ear, let em know some new colorways on those shoes would be sweet.

Jack
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
please: "inpatient mental health treatment (and/or recovery) center"

...or depending on the historical era and location: a place to lock up gays/lesbians, political dissidents, single mothers, inter-racial couples, etc.

*please do note the sarcasm/irony of this post ;)

Lesbians and Single Mothers! I got to get that. Bene, you're fucking hilarious.

skHate88
07-27-2010, 02:40 PM
with all that empty sewage space they could have made most of old town again.

/nostalgia

Slamooh
07-28-2010, 12:59 AM
ok its free...
BUT skating at night is a joke... lightning is bad... doesnt feel like night at all... sky is dark and thats all, shadows / etc are kinda wrong
i dont like transition so yeah...at least there is this gap on the roof...
the ditch and huge empty plazas... lol... way to waste space...

BB please fire your designers...:D

jest118
07-28-2010, 01:10 AM
After getting the chance to play it.. I must say, I understand where Slammy is coming from.. but I've found some stuff that I really dig.

There is a TON of real estate that just straight up isn't used and that kind of sucks. But it was free, so I'll look at it like a GIANT CAP park.

Antwan
08-16-2010, 05:34 AM
A bit late but this thread isn't buried so I'm jumpin in..
I love it
all the open space gives me plenty of space for creative props..
Lines for days with or without props and the night time is just another plus.