View Full Version : Sequence One

jest118
07-22-2010, 09:07 AM
First Solo Ever. Be harsh.

http://www.vimeo.com/13545094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUNt97e-SI

Roccityroller
07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
pretty sick, the filming could be a bit smoother imo but i liked the vid. mini ramp stuff was my fave.

jest118
07-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah, filming is definitely hard for me. It's like.. I can picture how I want it to look.. but getting it there is still a bit difficult for me. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit more though.

Thanks for the view and reply.

skelli_bonez
07-22-2010, 11:40 AM
liking the nollie heel to tail mini ramp lineee

big ass nollie back heel

pretty nice vid

oh, i hate you too.. :D

Roccityroller
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
just remember the distance between keyframes at the distance moved on those keyframes are interrelated with the speed of the cam. So.. if you're using really close keyframes and trying to get a lot of movement, you're going too get those quick jerky movements.

best way to do it, when you swinging around from one side of the skater to the other is set your start and end keyframes (where you want the cam to start the swing and where you want it to stop). Then scroll back through the clip and find where it's right about in the middle of the first two keyframes. set a key frame there and move the camera back (it should be inside/infront of your skater) so that your skater is in view.

boom..

smooth swing cam

jest118
07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I've never really messed with going back and forth between keyframes because it would always seem to make the cam go wonky in OG and Skate 2. I'll start using that technique though Roc. Appreciate the info.

knexzor
07-22-2010, 02:56 PM
nice video man
miniramp stuff was rad as hell
ender line was pretty cool

just keep working that filming. it definitely wasn't bad but keep workin it
and try not to use so many fade transitions next time

jest118
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks. I had a feeling it was fade heavy but I felt it helped the tempo of the footage match the tempo of the song (at least in the first half). I'll have to experiment a bit more with the transitions next time around.

Like I said it's my first solo ever so keep the critiques coming! Appreciate all the info you guys are giving me.

queencityskater
07-23-2010, 07:14 AM
great filming+great skating= A damn good video:D

queencityskater
07-23-2010, 07:16 AM
great