PDA

View Full Version : dp - schnavolda's realistic minute

schnavolda
07-28-2010, 07:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8Fd8cFS90

as the title says, a minute long fakeskate video. since i normally don't skate super realistically, i said to myself, why not try it and see what you get. i was bored this morning, so i threw this thing together in a matter of hours. have fun watching.

HorseHead
07-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Nice stuff. Blunt transfer was perfect. Heel BS tail and the ender were my other two fav tricks. The switch tre seemed a lil' crazy for a "realistic" vid, but honestly, looks who's talking. I probably would've tried to do that to the street.

Mr. Anonymous
07-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Heelflip tailslide was steezy.

rockerboy1013
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
0:15 the kf over the box line was the tits

0:26 Bluntslide
Nollie to 5-0

0:39 That flucked me in the head "ooooh a bs flip....., oh wait nevermind"
Hf tailslide

0:48 Tailslide to fakie nose manny to fakie kf out

Ender: loved how you timed the landing to the exact end of the song, that really stuck out to me

thebullet
07-29-2010, 07:29 AM
So dope. Yeah, that blunt transfer, sick spot find. Playing realistic is fun sometimes isn't it.

Jack
07-29-2010, 08:37 AM
I like that there's still an edge. You're skating realistically, but you're not skating like a timid little boy, you're still pretty much ripping. Schnav, you've got so much style man. BKS would have been such a beloved team if they could have figured out how to do what you do. I'm happy we're on the same team.

Stevland
07-29-2010, 08:55 AM
i said it before. as soon as the board starts rotating in any direction it's not realistic anymore.

besides that i diggs. :)

fs tail gap looks sweet.

pawnluvguitarist
07-29-2010, 09:24 AM
very enjoyable, so smooth, you make skating super realistic look easy... wait...

Like Jack said, there was still a lot of flare, skating like you weren't holding back...

Lots of smooth tricks, nice spots, liked the music/edit too, great vid :)

schnavolda
07-29-2010, 09:38 AM
thanks for all the comments, it's nice to see that people like it.

Playing realistic is fun sometimes isn't it.

yeah, totally. i was having a hard time doing stuff the way i'd normally do. i then started trying realistic looking stuff and had so much fun that i got enough footage for this minute long video in a couple of hours.

somehow playing the game drastically different keeps it all fresh because you start looking at the spots differently.

@jack & pawn: i guess it all happens because i have a vision of skateboarding and certain aesthetics in my mind which i like to see in real life footage and try to recreate in the game, but now only smaller sized compared to what i recently did.

mamba12
07-30-2010, 01:45 PM
this was awesome. the kind of "realistic" video i can really get into. no hipster indie-pop music. just chill.

switch (i think) big flip was boss, hard to get them looking good.