PDA

View Full Version : Park Talk

thesignguy
08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
tips advice questions whatever:

I'll start, I'm so into CAP its scary, all i can think about, got a late start but im catching up fast. Love IT, new platforms are amazing, sinking stuff (besides the limit) is incredible. I have a degree in drafting 1993 i think, and this shit is so far advanced from what our 2d wireframe cadd was

My Question:
I'm trying to make a snake run type thing, I understand the physics of it all, I understand when something crosses over another its merging 2 things. My problem is on this perticular snake run I am using the big transition low height quarters. I decided to use the entire tranny so I could do other things with my merging layer limits. So I have street pads as my flat, and they are under the lip of the tranny. half of it works perfect, around the corner it looks and snaps perfect into place, but at some angles/speeds it acts like it is not lined up (odd popups/bails) It is not my first go with the tranny's but usually I raise the flat up there for merging. I wanted to try some new things and not merge as much as possible.
Any Ideas?

Antwan
08-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Try removing anything around or underneath the thing that won't connect then connect it and then add the things around and under it again, simple but almost always a fix for me. :cool:

knexzor
08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
if it's a snakerun running downwards, you could probably just sink the piece (that's causing the hickups) by an inch. it shouldn't be much trouble because nobody will go up the snakerun

Antwan
08-23-2010, 01:24 PM
I probably would go up it actually ha If I were on Ps3 anyway..
I think parks should function all ways but maybe that's me.

Permy
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
if it's a snakerun running downwards, you could probably just sink the piece (that's causing the hickups) by an inch. it shouldn't be much trouble because nobody will go up the snakerun

i go up anything and everything
BEING DIFFERENT IS COOL :D

Demzilla
08-23-2010, 01:59 PM
sg..

i think i understand you issue..
and i hate to say it but i think you may be fucked...

qp are the worst item in the game to merge and build with...
hate them...

thesignguy
08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
yeah i deleted and rebuilt, qp's gotta be sunk im feering
and its not on a slant, most of the park is but this is not, its more of a long boomerang shaped pool i guess, but i use other pieces to "smooth" out the jenky corners, I don't want premade what everyone else has bullshit, I want original quarky, but if i have to raise the floor, then i lose my number of merges if that makes sense.

working on a slant causes a lot of issues, i have found building stuff flat in mid air, working off axis helps then dropping it into slant

Antwan
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
working on a slant causes a lot of issues, i have found building stuff flat in mid air, working off axis helps then dropping it into slant
Yep.. for sure..
People test my parks I have floating shit and that's all they look at
like oh I want to skate that :eek: