PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigSkate 2 info v 0.8

SonicKaos
10-13-2008, 06:03 PM
As most of you (PS3 owners at least) know, LittleBigPlanet had a beta and will be released on the 21st this month. Below is a video of a level I began creating in the beta, but was unable to totally finish because the beta ended and I ran out of time. I don't have a capture card, so MagicNarcosis generously took the time to play through the level while capturing it, and upload it to youtube for me. Check out the video, and then read the bottom of this for some extra notes:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LMOqORdGEUU

As you can see, the level is at least functional. I would have taken more time to pretty it up and there were at least 2 more ideas I wanted to add on to the end, but couldn't due to timing.

The mega ramp trick. If you hold on to the skateboard where the arrow points, you will land a forward flip over 90% of the time. It's pretty sick to get right, and it took a ton of time to get the thrusters to the proper strength and area lol. BUT, if you're super good at the game (and a little lucky), you can actually jump at the right time so that the board will flip under you, just like real life... it's quite hard though.

Yes those are pictures of Cuz and Scott in the game, which I took from the EA site, as well as Magic's GvR pictures on Fluckit haha. There is also Danny Way (I'm sure you can guess which guy he is) and then the last new guy at the San Van Mountains is me, though the video is a little too dark to tell.. If you buy the game when it comes out you can see it better... it's me yelling so it looks kind of funny.

Lastly I suppose is the hippy jumps. Cuz Magic accidently missed Cuz's second text bubble. It said something along the lines of "This time I'm going to make it more challenging though. You best time your jumps perfect!" because the "rails" are electrified, and touching them = death. Magic only got over the first one though :( lol.

Anyway, hope you guys like it. I'll probably flesh it out some more once the full game comes out IF it's possible to go back and edit stuff from the beta. If not, I'll just create a new level that's more complicated lol.

Hitmanx123
10-13-2008, 08:54 PM
yo ill be gettin a ps3 next year, u guys should make a level with grippa traps in it...and make one that u have u use two ppl to get over obstacles:D

jest118
10-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Pretty dope little level there man. Nice.

SonicKaos
10-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I have no idea what a grippa trap is lol...

The problem with making levels designed for 2 people at the moment is that you can't test it unless you have someone sitting beside you playing it. The devs are going to release a patch shortly after the game's release so that you can do online multiplayer in create mode though, and when they do it'll be a lot easier to create a good 2-4 player level :)

Mac
10-14-2008, 01:39 AM
That looked hella fun, mate.

And I've been really sceptical about this game, but it just looks more and more fun everytime I see it.
I might just buy it next month.

Hitmanx123
10-14-2008, 07:23 AM
oh by grippa i mean "hella"...but yeah do that when they make the patch..fur shure;)

KushKrashBOOM
10-14-2008, 12:53 PM
LOL
nice hippie jumps!

Hitmanx123
10-14-2008, 08:44 PM
lol i saw that too. ia there a limit on how much shizz u can put in the levels or no?:confused:

Hitmanx123
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM
and i just need to know now......do u buy little big planet like a normal game or do u get it off the ps3 market or somthing...cause i was never really clear with this......

SonicKaos
10-14-2008, 10:10 PM
There is a limit to the size of the level you can make, but it's based on how many objects you use, not space. You have to upload it to the server for other people to play, and it has to download fairly fast so they have to put a cap somewhere. It's pretty generous though, most people use somewhere between 1/4th and a half of it... The really good levels I'd say use a little over 3/4ths maybe, but it all depends on how you build it really...

The game is bought in a store like other normal games. Apparently the full game is about 40 gigs, so downloading that would not be fun at all haha. It was originally planned to be a DLC game, but it ended up getting quite large lol.

Hitmanx123
10-15-2008, 05:17 PM
oohh ok, thnx sonic:D