PDA

View Full Version : First Solo

Enhor
09-25-2010, 04:40 AM
Hey guys.
Been playing Skate since OG but I only got Xbox live recently, so I thought I could try making a vid.

The tricks are a bit random, some realistic, some arcade. My goal was strictly to learn how to film and edit. There is also no long lens or fisheye effect, I learned how to do these just after finishing that vid.

This was done in Vegas in 2 hours without any experience in editing, with a lot of "trying things to see what happens". I plan to make a cleaner edit on my next vid, with more realistic tricks and better camera angles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnzIGhckHlM

Anyway, hope you like it and any constructive criticism is welcome :o

quetonto1
09-25-2010, 10:49 AM
quite good for your 1st try,

edit was pretty good aswell,

for criticism i'd say film closer for lines, and try and get the video full widescreen, there's a tutorial on here.

Enhor
09-25-2010, 02:27 PM
quite good for your 1st try,

edit was pretty good aswell,

for criticism i'd say film closer for lines, and try and get the video full widescreen, there's a tutorial on here.

Thanks for watching and for commenting.
I've been told that I should film closer. It's not really a choice, it's just that I'm a bit struggling to get smooth filming when I'm close. But hey, it should come with experience. ;)

I don't find any tutorial about getting widescreen. Got links ?

Lurker
09-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Good edit.

in addition to what tonto said, I'd stop pushing mongo. Personal preference though.

Loved the song, so good.