PDA

View Full Version : Posting for a friend

Lurker
10-04-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjilhO35XpM

browser won't read captcha

seamonkeymadnss
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
loved the over crooks in the bowl and the tree wallie.

the over zoomed long lenses are getting old.

heshfield
10-04-2010, 05:02 PM
long lenses were zoomed in pretty tight but I liked em; dynamically filmed. wallie off the tree was cool.

PyR0MaNiAc225
10-04-2010, 05:08 PM
long lenses were zoomed in pretty tight but I liked em; dynamically filmed. wallie off the tree was cool.
This
I get it if Jankie honestly didnt have the time to put up all these rollns, maybe he didnt put this one up because it was better than anything he or half of natives could produce.

thebullet
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
awesome. that's how a realistic video should look. I liked how it was slowed down. And that is the catchiest song in the world. I'm sure one day I'll get sick of it.

Unflexed
10-04-2010, 06:36 PM
You took realism to a whole new level.

I'm alittle tipsy but...
0.20-0.23 made me wonder if you edited a real clip into a s3 montagey.

Reminds me of http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/half-life-3-fake-screenshot-big.jpg
laughed my ass off when i first saw this.

Granka
10-05-2010, 12:07 AM
That tree-wallie was beautiful. The long-lens filming felt a bit overused, but it was cool. Pretty nice video overall.

Slamooh
10-05-2010, 01:26 AM
that was nice, even if the ratio is like "cheating", it looks weird and good at the same time...
zoom in was how it should be , just a bit overused for a 1 min vid though.

wallie nose manual was terrible and it seems the speed is weird on ramped clips, no big deal. The rest is amazing

cool that this vid is not uploaded to "skate community" channel, standard definition is a waste.

Lurker
10-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Nothing beats his Long lens.

Manolo
10-05-2010, 08:04 AM
i could name 3 people in this thread that have better long lens.matter of fact half of the shots were ankles and shoes.the other half was pretty cool.

geoff
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
i could name 3 people in this thread that have better long lens...
you included ?

Manolo
10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
slammy hesh and bullet

Lurker
10-05-2010, 10:08 AM
i could name 3 people in this thread that have better long lens.matter of fact half of the shots were ankles and shoes.the other half was pretty cool.

KEEP IT POSITIVE D:

Jeez people are competitive.

And your argumentation about the angles and shoes is pretty weak imo. Last time I checked filming, a rather abstract activity, didn't have rules. If there would be a requirement I think it would be that the viewer must be able to tell what the tricks performed were, but only if showing board control is the purpose of the trick.

geoff
10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
slammy hesh and bullet
i guessed all by myself, i'm getting smart

KEEP IT POSITIVE D:

Jeez people are competitive.

Nothing beats his Long lens.
this can be competitive too in a way

your argumentation about the angles and shoes is pretty weak imo. Last time I checked filming, a rather abstract activity, didn't have rules. If there would be a requirement I think it would be that the viewer must be able to tell what the tricks performed were, but only if showing board control is the purpose of the trick.
he's keeping it positive : i saw the same: many ankles and boards. for me, this doesn't mean it's a bad thing...
i loved the vid anyway

Lurker
10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
matter of fact half of the shots were ankles and shoes.the other half was pretty cool.

D: !

But now I'm turning it into something negative myself, later.

geoff
10-05-2010, 10:49 AM

you shouldn't man, it's all good :)

Permy
10-05-2010, 01:13 PM

urtrying2hard
like slammy said, long lenses were too much for a small time
blah blah bad blah
<3

Manolo
10-05-2010, 02:13 PM
yes there are no rules,you can make a super close shot on the wheel or the left pocket of the skater on a 10 trick line.but it doesn't make sense.
some close shots are not not bad, it can give a bad filming effect and a realistic feel but not on half of the vid.if you know what i'm sayin.

Lurker
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
French fred vids, full long lens, yet beautiful.

And why are you bringing up the left pocket / wheel stuff? The most extracting shots were focussing on the board and legs. You could always see the actual flicking.

thesignguy
10-06-2010, 03:54 PM
catchy song
mostly good tricks executed good
I didn't think the tree wallie looked all that good, and it is what stood out the most. The board didn't really change directions, I'm sure from another angle it looked horrible, not that I am apposed to filming from a angle that makes something not so great look better, I just would of not used the second closer view.
solid watch though lil short but I'm guessing it was for something?

Skatevid2
10-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry but the filming itself made me turn away.
"Realistic" Skaters say they film so nicely, and so realistically, but never in my life have I seen a real video in which the entire clip was at 300mm zoomed in on only the board and feet.
I stopped watching.

thebullet
10-06-2010, 05:22 PM
French fred vids, full long lens, yet beautiful.

Fred is the master and innovator of long lense. But to say full long lense? That's a bit of a stretch. He mixes the fisheye in there as much as anyone else

bohemian
10-06-2010, 11:52 PM
stop giving this guy attention.

Lurker
10-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry but the filming itself made me turn away.
"Realistic" Skaters say they film so nicely, and so realistically, but never in my life have I seen a real video in which the entire clip was at 300mm zoomed in on only the board and feet.
I stopped watching.

When did he say this vid was 'realistic' though?

=/

Efflix there is no need to be like that.