PDA

View Full Version : Shaun White Skateboarding

Stevland
10-15-2010, 03:30 PM
the guys from giant bomb take a look at this gem of a game. pretty amusing.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-shaun-white-skateboarding/17-3376/

WORBBLY
10-24-2010, 07:26 AM
If you ignore the overall rediculousness of the game there are some good things... Balancing in grinds looks nice, pants behind tongue on shoes. Runing with the board and also getting on it.

Transition skating, Flip to grab tricks are smooth, manueling looks better, you don't look like you've been frozen.

I'm not trying to say this game looks good, it looks gawd aweful, BUT there are some nice things there.

heshfield
10-24-2010, 07:30 AM
If you ignore the overall rediculousness of the game there are some good things... Balancing in grinds looks nice, pants behind tongue on shoes. Runing with the board and also getting on it.

Transition skating, Flip to grab tricks are smooth, manueling looks better, you don't look like you've been frozen.

I'm not trying to say this game looks good, it looks gawd aweful, BUT there are some nice things there.

I agree. They got the animations looking good; most better than skate3 for sure. Also the character modeling looks pretty good. But the game mechanics just look flat-out lame.

Bud Muhnquai
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I can't be the only person that thinks this game looks like absolute shit, can I? Thought we were all trying to get away from the Tony Hawk bullshit-on-toast side of skating games.

Animations are way too fast. Characters look like they fell out of a PS2 game. And the whole shape the world thing is basically the worst idea I've ever seen in a skating game. Someone needs to stop this from happening.

Funny video, though. Level 3 Gum.

pawnluvguitarist
11-02-2010, 12:57 PM
id definitely check out the demo. If we have the ability to turn off all the weird visual fx and stuff it could be fun, if only just for balancing grinds/manuals.

Demzilla
11-02-2010, 02:40 PM
the frame rate for tricks on top of the color and physics just makes the game unbearable to watch..

Cacty
11-02-2010, 07:10 PM
its interesting, but nothing special, its too much like the tony hawk series, but ill definitely check out the demo, but no buy

i am a snail
11-02-2010, 07:45 PM
lol'd hard at the stride gum thing