PDA

View Full Version : play any video on your xbox for Mamba and the rest

jpdidde13
10-16-2010, 02:09 PM
actually you will still run into a few formats that wont play but this covers 99.9% of them and if thats good for contraception its good for me..........

So early i eavsdropped the chatbox and Mamba was wondering how to play mp4's thru xbox.
So i made this for y'all
1st off microsoft will only play wmv some avi and some mpg files through media center.
if you haven't set up media center on your xbox :0 google it.
1st thing you need is to have all the required codecs on your pc that you configured to your
xbox. if you haven't done this yet shame but go here and download this http://www.cccp-project.net/
once you have that installed go here and download transcode 360 1.6.3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H87XTLG
i put it on mega upload because it take forever to find because the publisher sold all its websites
once thats installed on your computer when in media center you can watch all types of video files now
it will actually convert the vids on the fly (because of this HD sucks you have to pause it for like 10-15min depending on video at least)so you don't catch the
transcode or it will stop playing and you have to start from the begining of movie again because media center sucks
either way tho works good for movies you may find on the interwebs and everything i just dl the sd movies cuz fluck it im impatient and its free so whatevs
to play back when your on the video file you want you hit x select more options and then A on transcode wait a min or two for buffer and there you go

enjoi and ask any ?s if you get stuck

Antwan
10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Seems really complex..
you can purchase a regular 20 dollar thumb drive and just drop video files to it.. most of them are supported
MP4 is my default choice.. but I guess your method is free.

jpdidde13
10-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Huh well fuck me never knew that hero to zero in 5 secs what about divx and xvid and so on cuz I like free movies the legal kind of course

Antwan
10-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Haven't messed with those might need a codec..
you can convert almost anything though.. thumbdrives can be formatted but I don't know if xbox supports the xvid deal.

jpdidde13
10-16-2010, 03:57 PM
To impatient to convert I hate waiting the 10 min to download lol transcode does the converting on the fly

mamba12
10-16-2010, 07:24 PM
ok, so i downloaded the software, but no new videos show up when i go to my pc's video library from my xbox. what exactly do you have to do to get the new filetypes once you download the thing?

jpdidde13
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Try going into the settings and reassign the folders to watch if that doesn't work u may wanna try resetting media center....does the folder they are in show in videos on media center if not try moving them to one that does