PDA

View Full Version : Street dreams

zeb
11-08-2010, 08:05 PM
dunno if this is a repost or old news to you guys but we been waiting forever to get this cringefest down here in the bottom of the world......
but here it is:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/UxUmhtZ

sk8cdt
11-08-2010, 08:55 PM
its like a scripted version of the fantasy factory(more then usual), but with characters, i made it like 15-20 mins in and turned it off

jest118
11-09-2010, 06:57 AM
its like a scripted version of the fantasy factory(more then usual), but with characters, i made it like 15-20 mins in and turned it off

That description doesn't really make sense...

Cookiesupporter
11-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Dude, thanks, wanted to see that for a long time, but couldn't. I love how people share around here! Very much appreciated!

Granka
11-09-2010, 08:19 AM
The movie was okay, but it was soooo predictable.

zeb
11-09-2010, 08:28 AM
dudes,it was a skate "movie" called "street dreams" with p-rod in the lead role,what did you expect from this??life changing moments??......

i personally thought it was hilarious......ryan dunn totally saved this movie from being terrible though.:cool:

Roccityroller
11-09-2010, 10:50 AM
I've kinda been wanting to see this. Thanks for sharing.

sk8cdt
11-09-2010, 01:20 PM
characters instead of real people
it just felt so fake, like the fantasy factory tv show does to me
it just seemed like it was almost a sketch on the show

Permy
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM

umad

jest118
11-09-2010, 03:00 PM

that makes more sense. thanks for the clarification.

zeb
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
pro skaters being themselves in a movie would be boring......id rather see them hamming it up.

jest118
11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Random fact: The "Woodley Ledge" really is on Woodley.. and Nordhoff in the Valley. Behind an old Grocery store.

SupaFly
11-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I thought the movie was great,head and shoulders above any other skateboarding drama i have ever seen.Ryan Dunn was hillarious.I seriously dont know what people expect out of a skateboarding movie,i didnt feel like this movie was trying too hard at any point,it had good boarding and a good (all though predictable) script,Rob can't act for shit,so his roll as a douche bag was perfect,i thought everyone else acted fairly well.
The credits were super cool,animations of very recognizable tricks like Hensley's bs kf melon grab over the trash can and Mike Caroll at EMB.

Thanks for sharing.I personally really enjoyed the film.

Antwan
11-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Yep downloading now.. Wanted to see this.. props on the share man.. good stuff.

a red bicycle
11-25-2010, 10:55 PM
if any of you guys still have skate 1, put it in and watch the title screen video....

the person that p-rod plays as does a treflip crook at the same spot

knexzor
11-26-2010, 01:02 AM
I don't think I liked this movie very much... Just like that old Grind movie, it's all about GETTING HOOKED UP, GO PRO, WINNING COMPETITIONS, DOING OTHER STUFF, RYAN SHECKLER
At first it looked like they were going to capture the street skating mentality but quickly went outta hand to get sponsors. Lame
Anyone know what happened to that other movie supposed to come out, Taildrop or something?

jest118
11-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Grind was way more about Hijinks and also showed an unsponsored Street Skater being amazing at Vert. This is definitely about getting sponsored.. but in a much more realistic way what with his family on his case about school and "wasting his life" by skating.

Antwan
11-26-2010, 05:03 PM
the songs they threw in made it feel kind've amateur but I liked it..
I liked grind too.. With how competitive sports are of course that's the general image of skating..
Granted getting sponsored isn't where all the money comes in but creating business and selling products through something you love isn't so bad
there's nothing wrong with the name sheckler has given himself I don't like everything he puts out but he has had some pretty sick progression you can't lie..
anyone who hates sheckler probably hates tony hawk and there's no real reason anymore it's just cool.

zeb
12-09-2010, 09:46 AM
humour....have you heard of it???

Anchors
12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Unless this movie is about a rag-tag group of prostitutes and their lovable pimp winning the National Whore Off series, which it isn't. Then I could care less.