PDA

View Full Version : Vegas 9.0 Pro Problem

madsser
11-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Well I tried loading up my Vegas 9.0 Pro, yes, a paid version.

But it got stuck loading at "Creation file I/O manager" and it won't get any further.
It's been sitting there for like. 2-3 hours by now, and still haven't gotten any further.

Yes i have tried restarting the program, that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated. <3

Roccityroller
11-19-2010, 10:21 AM
re-install

Rhekaan
11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
I have been reading up on this for you and it sounds like a pretty common problem. It is a problem within your plug-ins folder during the launch stage and even the upgrade stage.

basically, it's crashing when a program/driver/module is checking to see if it is running in a virtual machine (like VMWare Workstation).

- out of all of the plug-ins causing errors and crashes, aviplug.dll was determined to be the badest boy... and yes that is what you need for .AVI support.
- temporarily removing this plug-in from the your plug-ins folder should allow Vegas to launch properly.
- Vista 32-bit is said to be the lone O/S causing these problems with the codec as well.

The best way around this seems to be:

1.) Go to the Vid-Cap plug-in folder and copy aviplug.dll
2.) Go to the I/O Input folder and replace the exisiting aviplug.dll with the one from the Vid-Cap folder (make a back up of the original first)
3.) Run Vegas

This could make your .AVI useless or simply run only the audio track within Vegas, but you might be able to install a 3rd part codec to run .AVI/.MPEG's.

I don't use vegas nor have I ever, so I hope some of this info is of use to you and your issue.

madsser
11-21-2010, 06:01 AM
Thanks alot rhek, it worked out. <3