PDA

View Full Version : vegas help?

itsNJ
11-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Vegas has always been really laggy for me once i get beyond 2 minutes into an edit. but now when i open my project any frame will just show red in the preview box and when i click on anything it says somehing about an error and vegas shuts down. if anyone can help thanks

mamba12
11-28-2010, 01:49 PM
same with me, guessing you have a non-legit version? my computer is shitty, so i blame it on that, but i don't know what the actual problem is

itsNJ
11-28-2010, 02:11 PM
yea. i have non legit version and a shitty computer. its really frustrating when i cant finish an edit

mamba12
11-28-2010, 02:18 PM
if you have to you can edit a bunch of two-minute sections then compile them without a huge quality loss

itsNJ
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
i was finally able to get finish the edit and save it. but i havent tried rendering it yet because it shut down again. hopefully i can get this done

Monk
11-28-2010, 04:06 PM
first you should try reinstalling it and before you do wipe the folders and the INI files it created then reboot before you reinstall. its best to render the video with music first then go back in with effects and intro and text... less files = faster render... all those little clips take up a shitload of memory and usually will freeze vegas up after the 4 minute mark.. ( ive actually had to go in and split the vid render small pieces and splice them together to get them to not crash) its a pain in the ass.. but unfortunately vegas wasnt made for skate videos and you have to work around the lag and the memory dumps, thats why i quit making the 411's cuz it was such a pain in the balls to render

itsNJ
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
went back after increasing my virtual memory hoping that would help and i tried to render only half of the edit and vegas still shut down