PDA

View Full Version : Site News; 7-01-2008

Get Stoked
06-30-2008, 09:30 PM
"What gives Fluckit? Thought you were back!"

If anyone is wondering why Fluckit is so chill lately, it's because EA is not releasing anything about skate. 2! You might ask, "Why don't you cover Skate. It?" and I might say, "Because who plays the Wii?" Seriously though, while I'm sure Skate. It is good, there's no skate.reel or any way for the community to interact besides people agreeing that it's cool or talking about spots... You are welcome to discuss it in the forums, but I'm saving my energy to cover skate. 2 extremely well (Let's hope that can happen soon.)

In the next couple of days I will be organizing a list of (100%) confirmed facts about skate. 2, linking the trailers, and posting anything outside of EA's official releases that talks about skate. 2. I encourage you guys to post your finds as well and if it's legitimate it'll make it on the front page, make it in the skate. 2 info. list, and have a forum to discuss the info. If it's something like,"My friend said there are mini-games in skate. 2 where you can throw dice and drink 40's!" I'll probably lock the thread (but not after posting that that would be an awesome mini-game.... wait... I do that in real life.)

Later guys, expect updates soon, maybe some later tonight!
Get Stoked.

Also, (this has nothing to do with Skate.) here's a video of two riders from the longboard company I work for. We just opened a wheel company called Orangatang Wheels and this is the promo video for the wheels, some really sick riding here, hopefully it'll get some of you stoked on longboarding:

l0ocvAIVqIw

Go to the homepage (www.skatefluckit.com) for the actual article.

Mac
07-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Awesome. Let's just hope EA will release some more media on it.

Also, haha, shit. I've never seen that kind of trick longboarding. Those shuveits were awesome.
And man, the bails at the fast downhill skating must be bone breaking.

BeLLy
07-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Wicked vid

lookingforgold
07-01-2008, 09:02 AM
That vid is sick. how do they do shuvits with those boards? My friend has one and neither of us can even manual on it. And whats that trick at 1:37? Looks neat.

Get Stoked
07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
It's some type of Cross-step variation, I think it's just a reversed Cross-step.

Are you familiar with Adam Colton's videos? Go to Youtube an search for LoadedNewsletter and click on their profile, it'll have a ton of Loaded vids for you to check out. You'll learn a lot of tricks.

Derek Goodspeed
07-01-2008, 07:12 PM
yeah that vid was sick...my friends really into longboarding so he's been showing me a bunch of longboarding vids

definitely impressive stuff...

scharkey
07-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Cool video, how close have you guys come to hitting a car?

Going down hills is crazy... I went down one with my friend and you had to go through an intersection (at night) trying to watch out for rocks and hoping to god no car would pass by... I don't want to do that again :p.. maybe in the day light with someone down there watching to see if it's okay.. I've had my close counters with cars and it's not fun :p

ChvyVele
07-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Can't wait for some more news on skate. 2.

I want to buy a long board, simply for transportation, mainly from one skate spot to the next. Any suggestions? I think I want to get a smaller type, just because it would probably be more familiar since I just ride regular boards, but I also need that speed and less pushing effort when going spot to spot. Of course, I won't be needing it as much when I get my license :cool: .

Get Stoked
07-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, I suggest one of the Loaded Boards man, they're a little more pricey but they're great transportation boards and you can obviously learn some stuff on them like in the above video.

They're riding The Dervish, check it on www.loadedboards.com

ckymt1
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Sweet vid, i love longboarding so much. Most people don't give it their dues.

Skate. 2 baby. Great to be back.

Adio0709
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
i always wanted to try longboarding, but sadly there are no hills where i live...no skating spots either, but u gotta make the best of it, or play skate

WOOOO

lookingforgold
07-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Not many hills where I live. I still have a blast long boarding

KushKrashBOOM
07-03-2008, 01:15 AM
WOW, i was really impressed with them longboarders!!! Never thought you could shuv on does things :eek: I'd like to see a kickflip thou :D