PDA

View Full Version : oh dear; Elder Scrolls V announced

Monk
12-13-2010, 09:29 PM
11-11-11 there goes 200+ hours of my life.... i beat oblivion PC in 120.... but i also hacked it to shit with ninja mods and all kinds of crazy things to help get me through it lol..

this one is supposed to be about DRAGONS! oh dear............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRifj-2EEKs&feature=player_embedded

fallingskyline
12-14-2010, 12:27 AM
tes V FTW, but the trailer says nothing and sucks donkey dick

mamba12
12-14-2010, 04:33 AM
mass effect 3, forza 4 and elder scrolls 5 all next fall? goodbye world, hello xbox/couch

also, if you didn't see the other big news regarding skyrim, todd howard announced it will be an all new game engine.

but yea, incredibly pumped for this. can't remember how many hours for oblivion for me, but its gotta be over 100 and over 150 back in morrowind. you could say i'm a tes fan.

obsolete1
12-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Yes!!!!

I've been playing most of the series since Daggerfall...I say most because I didn't realize that this will be game #10 for this series not #5, like I had previously assumed...

Black Eazy
12-15-2010, 07:36 PM
That rips. I still havent beaten oblivion yet, im super close to the end of it though. I hope they do something more interesting with the armor and weapon. I think there should be more for each class, maybe a way to craft your own shit and infuse it magic, yadda yadda nerd talk. But yeah, this rules.

mamba12
02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Bump for new trailer. gameplay included. new character models look incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M

Monk
02-26-2011, 04:50 PM
super SICK! i can't wait for this man.

Shaydee UK
03-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Wow, thanks for the gameplay clips, must have missed that one on IGN.

Looks insanely good, the new engine looks incredible... will likely need to buff my PC a little to play it properly though. Will be worth every penny by the looks of it though.

I found the best thing about the TES games was the community mods, so after beating it in vanilla mode (as the game was released) you can keep moddifying the game to add new content / change some things you disliked about the game / mess around with anything really to make a whole new experience. That's why everyone should be buying this on the PC!

I still play Oblivion now, I have the game so modified that it hardly seems like the same game anymore! Also, Morrowind just got a massive overhaul pack released in the last couple of weeks, well worth checking out if you ever fancied playing through it again!

I can't post links as I dont' have enough posts on my account yet but just search "Morrowind Sounds and Graphics Overhaul" in google and you will find it on the first link. ( Don't blame me if you spend another 200 hours playing through it though :) ) It takes about an hour to setup but the outcome is pretty decent, I have done it myself just don't have enough hours in the day to actually play through it again!

saunders420
03-04-2011, 05:32 PM
The new engine that they are using sounds nice.

WillyOnWheels
03-17-2011, 06:14 AM
I don't think I would play it if it had the same engine, but I will definitely pick this up when it comes out.

I call massive smelly bullshit.

saunders420
03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Heres some good info to read up on if your interested

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elderscrollsvskyrim/news.html?sid=6286630&tag=updates%3Btitle%3B7

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elderscrollsvskyrim/news.html?sid=6285304&mode=all

And stoke the new engine is supposed to be very promising. Compared to the last one which is extremely outdated, Bestheda is LOLing atm.

NotedDerk
03-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Also, Morrowind just got a massive overhaul pack released in the last couple of weeks, well worth checking out if you ever fancied playing through it again!!

I'm quite curious, I had oblivion on my pc for a small amount of time before my pc crashed, I experimented with mods by adding a few cities and the custom voiceovers for the characters made me laugh, some of them were so bad, but I was still amazed by them.

If morrowwind had the visual appeal of oblivion, orgasm will follow.

Skyrim looks amazing though, although 1:18 through 1:20 looks a lot like bruma, in my opinion, minus the snow.
I'm suprisingly not that stoked about it though, not sure why, just don't want to get my hopes too high I suppose.

emericaridr11
03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Say what!