PDA

View Full Version : skate 2 date

StrabMawr
10-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Sorry if this is old news folks, been away for a week...
looks like my theory was pretty much spot on, now for the doublewhammy of a demo...:)

January it is then :D
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/925/925928p1.html

Corrine
10-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Whallop! Nice find there Strab

Demzilla
10-31-2008, 01:33 PM
now about that clock count down....

we should get one...

my calender at work just got a HUGE stocky on it...

right next to where it says.....

demzilla off....
hahahahaha
im f----- pumped....

halloween celebratory wasted face session....
starting in 20min....

Mourning Becomes Electra
11-01-2008, 02:42 PM
So when is it likely that we'll see a demo?

Mac
11-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Glad to finally have it confirmed.

max
11-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think that a hefty dose of caution is warranted here.

Most of you remember the release date hysteria that went on for the release of the first game. All gaming sites were posting their own "official" release dates all the time. Even EA got caught at their own game with the whole demo countdown fiasco (for those who missed that, they had a huge countdown timer up on the front page of the official skate site, only to remove the thing days before it was to reach zero and thereby angering a lot of future fans).

Although they've probably streamlined the process since then, the whole QA tests done at Microsoft were partly to blaim for the delays, but honestly I wouldn't count on ANY "official" release date until we're already in 2009. Especially not from a gaming site.

Hitmanx123
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think that a hefty dose of caution is warranted here.

Most of you remember the release date hysteria that went on for the release of the first game. All gaming sites were posting their own "official" release dates all the time. Even EA got caught at their own game with the whole demo countdown fiasco (for those who missed that, they had a huge countdown timer up on the front page of the official skate site, only to remove the thing days before it was to reach zero and thereby angering a lot of future fans).

Although they've probably streamlined the process since then, the whole QA tests done at Microsoft were partly to blaim for the delays, but honestly I wouldn't count on ANY "official" release date until we're already in 2009. Especially not from a gaming site.

listen "max" (that's my name too), right now it seems like everybody is agreeing with this date, and even if it does slightly change it doesnt mean that we'll lose fans. People are still buying skate today

max
11-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi max, I agree with you in the sense that I doubt any fans will be lost. I just remember the big amount of posts such as:

"<link to gaming website> look here everyone they say the release date is DDMMYYYY so it must be official!! Cool!!"

"I called my <local retailer> and they said that it's DDMMYYYY and they MUST be right!"

It's just that a lot of people were widly speculating and like you thinking most of these release dates posted were official. I guess that's to be expected for a highly anticipated game though. And yes trust me, I'd love the game to be available next week and have a playable demo today! I'm just not buying into the release date hype this time around.

Mourning Becomes Electra
11-03-2008, 06:18 AM
What was the time frame between the demo and the release date for Skate?

Mac
11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
What was the time frame between the demo and the release date for Skate?
The demo was out for PS3 in late september or early october, and the game was released 11th of october or something alike.

max
11-03-2008, 02:20 PM
The demo was out for PS3 in late september or early october, and the game was released 11th of october or something alike.

I think the demo was released a bit earlier for xbox (late August early Sept?)

Mourning Becomes Electra
11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Would it be fair to speculate on a demo landing this month? Sorry about going on about it, just hyped :)

fitzsy78
11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
I would expect a demo like mid December because most demos come out like two or three weeks before the game comes out.

Mourning Becomes Electra
11-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Early Christmas present :)

Hitmanx123
11-04-2008, 06:56 PM
i would like it NOW!!!