PDA

View Full Version : long legs?

mamba12
01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
is there an easy way to induce the "long legs" animation? i tried all night, and i'm convinced you can't land this gap clean with the "ass out, knees sucked up" ollie animation. i tried all combinations of styles/postures, all "inward heel" animation glitches, and the "mike carroll" glitch. nothing keeps my legs straight like "long legs" and i'm sad that i can't land this. :(

Roccityroller
01-03-2011, 10:51 PM
it has something to do with things you're jumping over. If i can turn fable off, I'll see what i can figure out tonight.

briden
01-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah, the straight leg (if we're talking about the same thing) glitch happens when the game thinks you're going to land on something, but you don't. It starts the landing animation, straightening the legs, but it doesn't finish where it thinks you should, hence the legs sticking out too long.

It happens mostly when you ollie over something tall and barely clear it. I dont think there's a way to make it happen at will unless you maybe drop an object and ollie over it? As far as I know though, it doesnt help you land bigger gaps.

Slamooh
01-04-2011, 01:08 AM
it doesnt help you land bigger gaps.

and most of the time it looks bad

mamba12
01-04-2011, 04:35 AM
well, it's more like a "thread the needle" gap, so having my legs/body as straight as possible is key. i tried setting up a barrier at various spots in the flight path, but the only spot where it would force the glitch is right before the landing, so it made it really hard to clear.

no flip trick or grab seemed to get rid of the "squatting" ollie animation either

knexzor
01-04-2011, 04:42 AM
the regular style 360flip animation glitch might be good for this, I recall it doesn't squat as much as other tricks... maybe I'm wrong

Skatehead
01-04-2011, 06:20 AM
the regular style 360flip animation glitch might be good for this, I recall it doesn't squat as much as other tricks... maybe I'm wrong

yeah its more of a floaty land, but has a long delay..