PDA

View Full Version : What you know about Finland ?

Wiltzuh
01-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Yup guys ! I'm working with my school media project. I thought you can help me with it by telling me what you know about my little homecountry in far north.

http://www.vapauspuolue.fi/kuvat/suomen_lippu.jpg

Stevland
01-16-2011, 01:24 AM
this is my collected knowledge about finland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGWqtwhS2KY

Seifuru
01-16-2011, 02:59 AM
Finland has good saunas too
http://www.hotel-cappella.com/cms/upload/bildergalerie/23.jpg

knexzor
01-16-2011, 05:03 AM
tougher drinkers than even the danes, always carries knives. saunas and lakes all over. lapin kulta & mika häkkinen

skHate88
01-16-2011, 05:05 AM
winton, arto saari and rally driving

Stevland
01-16-2011, 05:11 AM
this is finish but not the end

Stevland
01-16-2011, 05:13 AM
also, can you tell me if this is real finnish? it's a german comedian. starts at about 40 seconds. let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_FiWR8rxc4

Corrine
01-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Kitos means thank you and Santa is called yola poukie
I've probably spelled that wrong. Issi I think means dad, again with the spelling.
It's an awesome country, I went there one Christmas and it was beautiful.

Suomi!

adda89ldn
01-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Hanoi Rocks.

that's all i know.

Wiltzuh
01-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah thank you guys you answered excactly what i thought =) Beer, Sauna, ARTO, Santa Claus, Rally and Formula 1 drivers but one you forgot, is SNOWBOARDERS ! We have best snowboarders of the world ! Peetu & Petja Piiroinen, Heikki Sorsa, Eero Ettala, Fredu Sirviö, etc...

Corpsey
01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Some really good death metal came out of there in the early 90s, and... Children of Bodom is from there too... but they're not that great anymore.

fallingskyline
01-16-2011, 01:13 PM
finnish swearing sounds awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imwgloZ2MR0

Wiltzuh
01-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Some really good death metal came out of there in the early 90s, and... Children of Bodom is from there too... but they're not that great anymore.

Yeah we have lots of metal bands here ! Don't know about deathmetal cause it's not music for me but i recommend you to listen Norther, Tracedawn, Kalmah, Before the Dawn, Amorphis, Turisas and Sentenced..i'm not full blooded metal guy but sometimes i want to listen some good hard stuff excactly like those bands i just said !

Corpsey
01-16-2011, 02:38 PM
I have the old Amorphis albums, when they were death metal.

Wiltzuh
01-17-2011, 06:28 AM
I have the old Amorphis albums, when they were death metal.

Yeah i think that earlier 90's Amorphis was really unique but i like also nowadays Amorphis and singer Tomi Joutsen !

Granka
01-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Koff, Karhu, Olvi, Lapin Kulta, Koskenkorva, Minttu, Royal Salmiakki, Sauna, Eero Ettala, Perus Crew, Uuno Turhapuro, Extreme Duudsonit, Karjalanpiirakka and that finnish music is the best music in the world. Finland is the best country in the world!

The finnish music I listen to: Children Of Bodom, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Ensiferum, Norther, Sonata Arctica, Kalmah, J. Karjalainen, Eppu Normaali, Hurriganes, Anssi Kela, Rauli Badding Somerjoki, Irwin Goodman, Apulanta, Klamydia, Ratsia. Just to name a few of them... :D

Wiltzuh
01-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Koff, Karhu, Olvi, Lapin Kulta, Koskenkorva, Minttu, Royal Salmiakki, Sauna, Eero Ettala, Perus Crew, Uuno Turhapuro, Extreme Duudsonit, Karjalanpiirakka and that finnish music is the best music in the world. Finland is the best country in the world!

The finnish music I listen to: Children Of Bodom, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Ensiferum, Norther, Sonata Arctica, Kalmah, J. Karjalainen, Eppu Normaali, Hurriganes, Anssi Kela, Rauli Badding Somerjoki, Irwin Goodman, Apulanta, Klamydia, Ratsia. Just to name a few of them... :D

Hmmm you know really much about finland ! You're from sweden, (i know,) but where from sweden ?

Granka
01-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I live in Luleå (Luulaja in Finnish), about 120 kilometres from Tornio. Well I´m born in Sweden and raised by finnish parents and all of my relatives are finnish and I also have two citizenships, swedish and finnish. I speak decent finnish and I consider myself as finnish and I´m damn proud of it :D

Wiltzuh
01-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I live in Luleå (Luulaja in Finnish), about 120 kilometres from Tornio. Well I´m born in Sweden and raised by finnish parents and all of my relatives are finnish and I also have two citizenships, swedish and finnish. I speak decent finnish and I consider myself as finnish and I´m damn proud of it :D

Wow dude ! Pretty cool.. I had a dream to make S3 scandinavian collabo or some kind of it but i think there's not so many scandinavian people ? Knex ? Is he from Denmark ? Don't know others...

bohemian
01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
I had a dream to make a scandinavian collabo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMkBi2bCYy0

Ayreon
01-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Finland (Listeni /ˈfɪnlənd/), officially the Republic of Finland[5]About this sound Finnish: Suomi; Swedish: Finland (help·info), is a Nordic country situated in the Fennoscandian region of Northern Europe. It is bordered by Sweden in the west, Norway in the north and Russia in the east, while Estonia lies to its south across the Gulf of Finland.

Around 5.4 million people reside in Finland, with the majority concentrated in the southern region.[2] It is the eighth largest country in Europe in terms of area and the most sparsely populated country in the European Union. Finland is a parliamentary republic with a central government based in Helsinki and local governments in 336 municipalities.[6][7] A total of about one million residents live in the Greater Helsinki area (which includes Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen and Vantaa), and a third of the country's GDP is produced there. Other larger cities include Tampere, Turku, Oulu, Jyväskylä, Lahti, Kuopio and Kouvola.

Finland was historically a part of Sweden and from 1809 on, an autonomous Grand Duchy within the Russian Empire. Finnish Declaration of Independence from Russia in 1917 was followed by a civil war, wars against the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany, and a period of official neutrality during the Cold War. Finland joined the United Nations in 1955, the OECD in 1969, the European Union in 1995, and the eurozone since its inception.

Finland was a relative latecomer to industrialisation, remaining a largely agrarian country until the 1950s. Thereafter, economic development was rapid, Finland built an extensive welfare state and balanced between the East and the West in global economics and politics. The country tops continuously the international comparisons of national performance.[8] Finland ranks the best country in the world in the 2010 Newsweek survey based on health, economic dynamism, education, political environment and quality of life.[9] Finland has also been ranked the second most stable country in the world[10] and the first in the 2009 Legatum Prosperity rating.[11] In 2010, the World Economic Forum deemed Finland the 7th most competitive country in the world.[12] Finland is currently ranked as having the 3rd highest graduation rate, percentage of graduates to the population at the typical age of graduation, in the OECD Factbook 2010.[13]

biiah

bohemian
01-17-2011, 11:22 PM
^^ impressive wiki c´n´p

Granka
01-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Wow dude ! Pretty cool.. I had a dream to make S3 scandinavian collabo or some kind of it but i think there's not so many scandinavian people ? Knex ? Is he from Denmark ? Don't know others...

Knexzor is from Malmö in southern Sweden.