PDA

View Full Version : ohh em gee, nostalgia to the max

llamasrock
01-19-2011, 03:17 PM
ok, so just before i found the community and learned how to film properly i made this video. i am not at all denying how bad the filming is, but this was almost two years ago, and thinking back i remember how much fucking fun it was to make it. all the great spots in S2, and not knowing about proper filming techniques allowed me to just have fun with it and be in my own little naive world. no expectations to live up to and no one to impress. i remember being so proud of it because i had never seen too many videos up to this point so the spots and tricks were all from my own influence.

be kind, lol because i can already tell you that ill agree with any negative comment haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXB311OVVSs

MarcoPoloUSN
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
and thinking back i remember how much fucking fun it was to make it. all the great spots in S2, and not knowing about proper filming techniques allowed me to just have fun with it and be in my own little naive world. no expectations to live up to and no one to impress.

Very well said my friend. We should all keep this in mind while playing skate..."have fun."
Like you said, back then people just didn't give a fuck. They just skated.
But NOW, with all the techniques, filming/skating trends, etc...... more people are making high quality videos. So now its not quite as easy to kick back and throw a few clips in a video.
Now a days, instead of relaxing, more people are actually putting work into clips. There is a difference between having fun and making bad videos.

But I mean..... all of the work that goes into clips now aren't 100% stressful. In the end, if you did well with filming and performing the trick..... its SO much fun watching all of those clips together in a well edited video.

Techn9cianforlife
01-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Ha much better than my first video dude. I'd show it..but don't wanna embarrass myself Lol Watchin S2 videos make me miss my S2 disc.

adda89ldn
01-20-2011, 02:26 AM
better than my first video too.

loved parts of this.

llamasrock
01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
haha thanks

knexzor
01-22-2011, 07:07 AM
with the backstory and knowing who you are, this was a great watch
reminds me of my two failed attempts at making videos, one very late in OG that I never got more than 4 clips for, and my s2 demo vid I was too ashamed to put out lol