PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarding question

nolan1053
01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
So, recently I've been thinking of longboarding. I've noticed it really turned into old school, Z-Boys like skating. Just doing carves, slides, and bombing hills. But I've always been watching a lot of old school freestyle skating and some new Rodney Mullen footage. So out of curiosity, which would you think would be more fun. Freestyle, or Longboarding?
Because I can't decide what I want to do.

Corpsey
01-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Who fucking cares? Do what YOU want. Besides, you just posted on Facebook recently "I don't get how this is cool" and it was a video of a guy longboarding. One minute you like something, the next you're abandoning it. Same with -core music that you used to love, and now hate, but I'm sure you secretly still love.

adda89ldn
01-25-2011, 05:23 AM
just do everything and have fun..

pawnluvguitarist
01-25-2011, 06:20 AM
do both, i do both, do whatevers fun man dont limit yourself or care about anything else.

thesignguy
01-25-2011, 07:15 AM
weren't you wanting to know a couple weeks ago whether to get a old school zorlac or something or a freestyle deck? And now this? I don't know man, whats the point of the question? To see what is more popular? If that's the case neither, you don't deserve either of them. Not to be a dick and all but once you stop caring so much of what other people think you will enjoy life a little fuller. I even think I saw you see Tubs part and say something about you skating this way from now on. I don't get it, its one thing to ask what kind of bearings to get or trucks or something. This is like if you see a chic and a tranny and ask which one to fuck. I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into", that's just incredibly gay. sorry just my opinion.

Skatehead
01-25-2011, 09:02 AM
bmx..

nolan1053
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
weren't you wanting to know a couple weeks ago whether to get a old school zorlac or something or a freestyle deck? And now this? I don't know man, whats the point of the question? To see what is more popular? If that's the case neither, you don't deserve either of them. Not to be a dick and all but once you stop caring so much of what other people think you will enjoy life a little fuller. I even think I saw you see Tubs part and say something about you skating this way from now on. I don't get it, its one thing to ask what kind of bearings to get or trucks or something. This is like if you see a chic and a tranny and ask which one to fuck. I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into", that's just incredibly gay. sorry just my opinion.

The question was for what you think is more FUN, not popular. Also, nobody answered my other question, so I narrowed it down to freestyle or longboard. And the reason I said I want to start skating like Tubi is because it looked fun. Skating to have fun is a lot better than skating because you feel the need to get clips. Since I started skating differently, I feel like I WANT to film, and where as when I used to skate super realistic and slow, I felt like I HAD to get clips.

andersatan
01-25-2011, 01:15 PM
The question was for what you think is more FUN, not popular. Also, nobody answered my other question, so I narrowed it down to freestyle or longboard. And the reason I said I want to start skating like Tubi is because it looked fun. Skating to have fun is a lot better than skating because you feel the need to get clips. Since I started skating differently, I feel like I WANT to film, and where as when I used to skate super realistic and slow, I felt like I HAD to get clips.

SO the same thing applies... what do you think is more fun, everyone has different opinions. We can't tell you what is fun for you.

nolan1053
01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
SO the same thing applies... what do you think is more fun, everyone has different opinions. We can't tell you what is fun for you.

If multiple people find something completely lame then I'm not going to waste my money on something I probably find lame. When people find multiple cons in something, that usually drags someone away. Like how Signguy said "I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into"." He has a valid point which is louring me away from longboarding. This isn't the kids table, Anders. You don't have to disagree with everything I say just because you don't like me.

andersatan
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
If multiple people find something completely lame then I'm not going to waste my money on something I probably find lame. When people find multiple cons in something, that usually drags someone away. Like how Signguy said "I would never pick longboarding (or anything for that matter) because of what it has "turned into"." He has a valid point which is louring me away from longboarding. This isn't the kids table, Anders. You don't have to disagree with everything I say just because you don't like me.

SG wasn't saying that it's incredibly gay to long board because of what it has turned into. He was explaining that it's incredibly gay to not long board for the sole reason of what it's turned into.
And dude, I'm not trying to disagree with you because I dislike you I'm disagreeing with you...... because I disagree with you on this topic...
I apologize if I come off as an ass hole, that's life. And I'm also sorry for my childish argument with you in the inwerm thread.

Peace out brotha.

nolan1053
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
But the thing about this thread is not me choosing what the most people go with, it's just to hear some opinions on the two sports.

Corpsey
01-25-2011, 07:04 PM
If multiple people find something completely lame then I'm not going to waste my money on something I probably find lame. When people find multiple cons in something, that usually drags someone away.

Why would it though? If you legitimately like something, it shouldn't matter what other people think. Honestly, I think you're just trying to get a feel for what the other dudes here think and go along with what's popular. Do what NOLAN likes, what NOLAN thinks is fun.

nolan1053
01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Why would it though? If you legitimately like something, it shouldn't matter what other people think. Honestly, I think you're just trying to get a feel for what the other dudes here think and go along with what's popular. Do what NOLAN likes, what NOLAN thinks is fun.

I'm looking for OPINIONS. Pros and Cons. Like...Freestyle boards are hard to find or...Longboarding gear is expensive. So I know what I'm actually looking at. It's like picking a different board, some people might like flatter boards or a smaller board. Getting people's opinions is always nice.

Who fucking cares? Do what YOU want. Besides, you just posted on Facebook recently "I don't get how this is cool" and it was a video of a guy longboarding. One minute you like something, the next you're abandoning it. Same with -core music that you used to love, and now hate, but I'm sure you secretly still love.

And then I posted a video of guys longboarding differently, there's different kinds of longboarding apparently. I wasn't aware of it until I watched a bunch of videos. There's that retarded throwing your board down a stair set and jumping on it, there's insane fucking hillbombing and there's the old Z-Boys kind of skating with carves and shit. And there's really no -core bands I listen to anymore. Maybe 2 or 3. I just grew out of it. I don't get how that's so hard to understand.

Corpsey
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
It's not hard to understand, but when you flip-flop so frequently... one mintue it's 80s skateboarding, the next it's freestyle, then it's BMX, then it's longboarding, it's kind of hard to take what you say seriously dude.

nolan1053
01-25-2011, 10:27 PM
It's not hard to understand, but when you flip-flop so frequently... one mintue it's 80s skateboarding, the next it's freestyle, then it's BMX, then it's longboarding, it's kind of hard to take what you say seriously dude.

I'm getting a bike and I still love 80's skating. But this has nothing to do with that. A person can have multiple hobbies. I haven't even tried freestyle or longboarding so don't even try to add those.

Kapnn
01-26-2011, 02:21 AM
longboarding... always wanted to try it.

punkinate
01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Dude, skateboarding's skateboarding. That's all there is to it. If you've got the money to blow then try out a bunch of different shit. But again, a skateboard is a skateboard regardless of it's shape or how you ride it, go outside dude.

nolan1053
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Dude, skateboarding's skateboarding. That's all there is to it. If you've got the money to blow then try out a bunch of different shit. But again, a skateboard is a skateboard regardless of it's shape or how you ride it, go outside dude.

I don't have the money to blow, that's why I'm asking for people's opinions.
I never thought it would be this hard to get a few people's opinion.

andersatan
01-26-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't have the money to blow, that's why I'm asking for people's opinions.
I never thought it would be this hard to get a few people's opinion.

If you wanna try free style go outside with your current set up and try to learn free style tricks.
If you wanna try longboarding go outside, find a big hill and bomb down it on your current set up.
Find out what you find more fun then buy a more specialized board for the activity.
It shouldn't be so hard for you to find your own opinion.

nolan1053
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
If you wanna try free style go outside with your current set up and try to learn free style tricks.
If you wanna try longboarding go outside, find a big hill and bomb down it on your current set up.
Find out what you find more fun then buy a more specialized board for the activity.
It shouldn't be so hard for you to find your own opinion.

This is worse than the ultimate guitar forums, by far.
I give up.