PDA

View Full Version : How does this make you feel?

skater924
11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Copy and paste:

http://planettonyhawk.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=154881

The Hawk series was more than awesome while it lasted. However, the latest games sucked. It's just the fact that they have been going on for 10 years that makes me feel so old. Anyone else? Good thing we have skate! Tell me what you think...

Corrine
11-07-2008, 03:02 PM
That's an interesting link, that Tony Hawk game that's coming out for the ds, It's got snowboarding in it, what in the name of Billy Ocean is that all about?

For those that want some quality retro skateboarding action, do yourself a favor and obtain Thrasher:Skate and Destroy at your earliest convenience, you'll be glad you did.

Edit: I didn't realise that was written by the guy who started the site. That sounds the death knell for the THPS franchise to my mind.

skater924
11-07-2008, 03:22 PM
That's an interesting link, that Tony Hawk game that's coming out for the ds, It's got snowboarding in it, what in the name of Billy Ocean is that all about?

For those that want some quality retro skateboarding action, do yourself a favor and obtain Thrasher:Skate and Destroy at your earliest convenience, you'll be glad you did.

Edit: I didn't realise that was written by the guy who started the site. That sounds the death knell for the THPS franchise to my mind.

Yeah, skate and destroy was great. so was thps1 and thps2. good times....

Corrine
11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I remember THPS2, it was great. The Marseille park was great as was School2. For me the TH series went tits up after that bit in the zoo, I forget which instalment it was, when you had to feed pumpkins to hippos. What the fusk has that go to do with skating?

skater924
11-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah I remember that. It was thps4. Even though it sounds stupid now, it was all we had back then. and that's why I'll always enjoy the older hawk games :cool:

lookingforgold
11-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Is Skate and Destroy playable on 360 in anyway?

Get Stoked
11-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't think so...:(

Corrine
11-07-2008, 11:24 PM

If you have the original disc it's a breeze to play it on the PC with this http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/ just pop the disc in and away you go.

I'm sorely tempted to fire it up right now, to my mind the most stylish FS flips in any skateboard game.

ChvyVele
11-08-2008, 02:25 PM

You can play it on a PS3, as long as you don't have the 40 gig version.

ERIKDOTCOM
11-09-2008, 03:08 PM
That made me feel old and sad and... Weird.

I have a feeling that TH10 will be the last...:o