PDA

View Full Version : S3 expanded upload frames??

OleScrubby
01-28-2011, 08:20 PM
anyone else notice how the S3 skate.reel expands the frame of some of your clips???

its very annoying. look at these two clips i intended to place back to back with a sort of quick crossfade transition in my next solo (you know, the camera transitions from a sequence of my deck rolling up a slope to another sequence of my board rolling up a slope?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUsLDBM3xHo

well, you will notice that u can see at least part of my skater's body in both the clips. This is NOT the way i originally filmed and uploaded it. i had filmed both of these clips so that no part of my skater's body would be showing in the sequences of just the board rolling. (and i immediately uploaded them after i did this.) yet, for some reason, the skate.reel seems to have expanded the frame of my uploads. So...

-is there any way to PREVENT/FIX this?
-or has anyone else at least noticed this?
-is there anyway to adjust the frame dimensions of my clips in iMovie '09?

NOTE: i actually just edited the duration second clip so that it no longer shows part of the skaters body

responses plz...

i am a snail
01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
it zooms out a tiny bit when uploading but it's usually barely noticeable. what kind of tv do you play on? could be you're playing on a 4:3 which in that case would cause some of the left and right sides of the clip to be cut off when filming but appear when uploaded.

briden
01-28-2011, 09:11 PM
It's been like this for as long as I can remember. Just film a tiny bit closer.

itsNJ
01-28-2011, 09:36 PM
most likely you film on a 4:3 tv. so you need to guess basically what its going to look like when you upload since it uploads in 16:9

heshfield
01-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Its because you removed the vignette. When you do that, the frame size increases a bit, almost as if the camera has zoomed out a little.

OleScrubby
01-29-2011, 11:36 AM
thanks guys!
hopefully this will help out other people with the same question

Antwan
01-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Its because you removed the vignette. When you do that, the frame size increases a bit, almost as if the camera has zoomed out a little.
Wow that's obvious..
Hahaha shit.. I had just adapted to the fact that it zoomed out and filmed a little closer than normal and when I uploaded normally turns out fine..
now I know why.

adda89ldn
01-30-2011, 02:12 AM
when i used a non hd tv the resolution was wrong and it cut off the picture a bit. and that made me filming look weird. so what i figured was, if my skater was just off screen, then he'd be just inside the screen in the final skate.reel clip.