PDA

View Full Version : My band's demo

punkinate
02-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Just finished mastering, quality isn't too bad for 2 track recording haha. If you like the tunes, check us out on facebook.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OVLIDE16

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Billion-Headed-Bastard/142903895733831

punkinate
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Seriously!? 18 views and no one downloaded the album. Fuckin' gay. Not tryin' to be that guy, but why would you view a clearly labeled thread without taking the 20 minutes to download and listen? Goddamnit, now I'm that guy.

Corpsey
02-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Honestly, it wasn't bad. The instruments could use some work, but the vocals have a very Poison Idea kind of style. I know it's only a 2-track recording, but the guitar could stand to be a little bit thicker. Not sure if there's a bassist, but I couldn't pick it out if there was. Could use some polish, but not bad. How long have you guys been together? Also, I'd recommend changing the name, it's a little too juvenile IMO. I'm sure you guys could be more creative in that department.

punkinate
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks a lot for the feedback Corpsey. As far as recording, we didn't have a bassist at the time but wanted to kill some time in between gigs. We just used an overhead pencil mic for the guitar and drums. I started the band in July of '09 but we've had quite a few line-up changes so it's been slow going. Hopefully when we get our new mixer and mics next month we can work on recording a full length with our new line-up. As far as the name, I got it from the Send More Paramedics song "this crowd is crushing me". It was either Goro, H.H. Holmes, or Billion Headed Bastard. We went with BHB because I felt it represented what we're goin' for in our music. Beer, Pot, Hate, and Death. haha, thanks again man.

Corpsey
02-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah no problem man. I'm always interested in checking out what kind of punk other parts of the US are putting out.

punkinate
02-07-2011, 05:45 AM
haha, fuck yeah man. Glad you liked it. Sidenote - How'd you guys like our Taylor Swift remake?

Ayreon
02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Heard a bit of one track. I'll listen to more later but it was pretty badass.