PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Egypt

saunders420
02-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone know what's happening......Do you care?
How do you feel about the Situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqpgp1YlQY&skipcontrinter=1

Roccityroller
02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I've been keeping my eye on it.

Idk

I think its time for a regime change there and clearly its what the people want

i wish our gov't would stay out of it but also understand why they can't. It's a sticky situation and, from an American point of view will pretty much be one of those deciding moments for this administration.

I have a bad feeling its going to get worse before it gets better.

thesignguy
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fLG34tnw-QE/ShWGya6EwvI/AAAAAAAAAjY/M8WGIxx6VZM/s400/MJZ598.gif

MarcoPoloUSN
02-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I actually got a friend whos Egyptian... she goes to my school. She told me today.... that they just got their internet back. Their current president/ruler or whateva should be out by................. September at the most. Its crazy over there.

adda89ldn
02-02-2011, 04:35 PM
it's amazing what power does to people.

there's two sides to it. they only just started showing people who don't want the president to leave yet.

everyone there seems to be pissed. maybe just looking for an excuse in some cases.

i know a lot of people are just trying to continue their day as usual.

Corpsey
02-02-2011, 09:30 PM
If you're unhappy with the way things are being run, do something about it. Don't like the people in power? Overthrow them. Stage a coup, do something. Don't just sit idly by and wait for the world to end.

bohemian
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM
i hope were seeing the start of something bigger. people are finally waking up and taking action. We saw it in london and now in egypt, and more will come.

the egypt uprising is amazing, and the worlds people should take notice, the oppression has to stop and people will take their freedom back.

Monk
02-02-2011, 11:30 PM
its none of our biz-ness just like everything else in the world we the US sticks our noses in..... damn that monroe doctrine...................

Monk
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
needmorewikileaks......

nolan1053
02-03-2011, 12:28 AM
its none of our biz-ness just like everything else in the world we the US sticks our noses in..... damn that monroe doctrine...................

Except people all over the world are talking about it just as much, if not more, than the United States. Who knows who else is actually trying to "stick their nose" in it.

bohemian
02-03-2011, 12:49 AM
needmorewikileaks......

wikileaks was directly involved with instigating this uprising in egypt. its working.

Slamooh
02-03-2011, 01:02 AM
the US ALWAYS stick their nose in everything... especially when Israel is involved. i hate it but C'est la vie
I agree with eflix, i hope more countries will go that way and kick the dictators Africa and Middle East are plagued by. I just hope religion will stay out of this... this is the main concern.

fallingskyline
02-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Truely amazing what is happening over there, been following it the whole while. I don'T think that Mubarak can hold his position very long, eventhough he seemingly buys people to fight for him. Great action by the military not to just clear up the whole thing, and try to hold order were possible without making use of armed force.

Edit:
There's a huge movement in the whole middle east, its not just Egypt and Tunisia, also Jordan and Yemen has the same problem of people gathering to do something about their rulers/dictators or regime

PPS:
not every nation can have a dictator like this:
http://imgur.com/a8Z2t.jpg

Anchors
02-03-2011, 07:21 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fLG34tnw-QE/ShWGya6EwvI/AAAAAAAAAjY/M8WGIxx6VZM/s400/MJZ598.gif

...they DANCE!

saunders420
02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
updated the OP with a video I found on youtube.

Demzilla
02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
"There's a huge movement in the whole middle east, its not just Egypt and Tunisia, also Jordan and Yemen has the same problem of people gathering to do something about their rulers/dictators or regime"

its no problem...

its the answer....

thats how i see it..
its just sucks being american because we rather rally around names and ideas instead of the actual cause itself...

10 americans cant do anything besides bicker over the details of an idea that hasnt been accomplished yet in the first place...

Permy
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM

somehow you got dumber
i think them egypts should eat the leader guy
niggas needa stop dyin and sich

Permy
02-04-2011, 02:16 PM
ok so i watched the video you put up saunders
anddd WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON OVER THERE
shit's hellallaalalala crazy

saunders420
02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
hellallaalalala thats some funny shit.

Monk
02-04-2011, 10:20 PM
somehow you got dumber
i think them egypts should eat the leader guy
niggas needa stop dyin and sich

no you just to be more educated ( dont see that happening any time soon)

and search what Kim Jong Il in North Korea and Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe are doing to their ppl... which is really close to hitler's idealisms and we arent even worried nor doing anything about them. because they dont have the magic word.... OIL. much worse places than egypt going on without repute now... and maybe before calling me dumb check your resources next time and search current events jackass. take a cruise in the indian ocean for vacation so you can deal with the somali pirates and see how that goes.

jest118
02-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Can't speak on Zimbabwe but we having a standing force in South Korea for a reason. A lot of soldiers have been getting stationed there in the past 6-8 months, so I have no doubt that we're preparing to move if Kim Jong Il keeps acting up.

In regards to Egypt.. I don't see it as our problem. Most of the issues of the world are not our problem and we'd have far LESS problems if we did choose to stay out of a lot of it.

That's not to say we shouldn't keep an eye on what's going on other places in the world.. but it's the UN's job to Police the world.. not the US'.

Jebotek
02-05-2011, 02:08 AM
thad vid was crazy, damn.

i was in egypt 3 weeks ago for holiday and 3 days after i came home i saw whats going on there and only thought that was lucky...

on the situation itself i think its a good chance for the people over there to make a change...

Cookiesupporter
02-05-2011, 04:21 AM
That video is unbelievable ...

I don't know much about the whole situation, the political background and stuff, but I know that people over there were finally sick of the korrupt government, which I think is good. The thing that worries me, is that in times like that minor extremist parties often get very much attention.
Like in Germany, when the Weimarer Republik failed and the people were confused and outraged about the politics the Nazi Partie gained hugh public attention and ya'll know what happend with the little austrian dude...
I know, that the situation back then in germany wasn't as radical as in egypt, but I think it's still kinda comparable, and I hope egypt won't go that route

Permy
02-05-2011, 05:47 AM
no you just to be more educated ( dont see that happening any time soon)

and search what Kim Jong Il in North Korea and Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe are doing to their ppl... which is really close to hitler's idealisms and we arent even worried nor doing anything about them. because they dont have the magic word.... OIL. much worse places than egypt going on without repute now... and maybe before calling me dumb check your resources next time and search current events jackass. take a cruise in the indian ocean for vacation so you can deal with the somali pirates and see how that goes.

trying so hard right now

there was an huge explosion over there near an airport
SHIT JUST GOT EXPLODEY

knexzor
02-05-2011, 07:07 AM
The world is on a downward spiral. All kinds of shit goin down everywhere. I'm just waiting for some chaos around these parts...

DaaGooN
02-06-2011, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKz3GVrHI8

Anchors
02-06-2011, 11:46 AM
^^^ haha!

more like a riot of laughs.

saunders420
02-08-2011, 06:01 AM
that video is fucked.

Slamooh
02-15-2011, 01:15 AM