PDA

View Full Version : Activision scrap Tony Hawk games (amongst others)

Corrine
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/855200-dj-hero-and-tony-hawk-franchises-confirmed-dead

briden
02-11-2011, 10:11 AM
That's what you get for putting chaz ortiz on your payroll.

edit: I didn't even read the article until now, but I'm way more bummed that they cancelled a new True Crime game.

thesignguy
02-11-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

mamba12
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk gone. What is Activision doing? Focusing all their effort on a semi-annual shooter? Do they only have one person working there?

thesignguy
02-11-2011, 11:03 AM
I heard Guitar Hero isn't actually gone (I don't know about TH) but it was sold off yesterday
That article is unclear. Yesterday on NPR they said it was dead, but this morning they said they made a mistake and it was sold

fallingskyline
02-11-2011, 11:38 AM
no thps no skate 4 what the fuck should i play??? sw bitchboarding????? STFU...
Activision go get them skate folks and make a new start with skateboarding games and make get a new franchise for that, that all the combomambobitches cannot complain!!!

Corrine
02-11-2011, 11:42 AM
It's a real shame about the True Crime game, it looked to be shaping up to be a GTA/Assasins Creed style sand box of awesomness.

I just wish that EA had just waited a little in stopping the Skate series, a certain Mr Hawk is now a free agent.

NotedDerk
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
maybe neversoft will come back to creating the tony hawk games and not 8 or grounds, classicly upgraded, never know though.

Roccityroller
02-11-2011, 01:45 PM
right, down, circle...

one last time.

jest118
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk gone. What is Activision doing? Focusing all their effort on a semi-annual shooter? Do they only have one person working there?

Yes and his name is Bobby Kotick. He's said in the past that he's only interested in games that can be Franchised and that will bring in Millions. What does that mean? They will not take very many chances on New and Unique IP's. They absolutely will not make any niche titles. And they will milk the shit out of ANYTHING they get their hands on that's even slightly popular. Expect more CoD's and expect them to include even MORE Micro-Transactions.

Such is the will of the Deamon Kotick.

Antwan
02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
no thps no skate 4 what the fuck should i play??? sw bitchboarding????? STFU...
Activision go get them skate folks and make a new start with skateboarding games and make get a new franchise for that, that all the combomambobitches cannot complain!!!
You could play Skate.3

'We will release no new music or skateboarding games during the current calendar year'
Hey maybe they'll take a year to develop next time so people stop complaining.

edit:
for the record I think the most complaining came from the realistic side of the community.

fallingskyline
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
should have made my point more accurate, who wants my money instead of what should i play ;)

skate 3 of course!

i am a snail
02-12-2011, 05:52 PM
right, down, circle...

one last time.
alright time to make a helicopter jump in cap.

Antwan
02-12-2011, 07:11 PM
alright time to make a helicopter jump in cap.
onto the pink hotel roof!

Jonny Sniper
02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Shitty that Guitar Hero is done...

Corpsey
02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Shitty that Guitar Hero is done...

Guitar Hero fucking sucks. The only good ones were 1/2/3 and Metallica (except some of the Metallica songs, those suck). After Guitar Hero 1, they really didn't do anything progressive, unlike Rock Band.