PDA

View Full Version : Stoneridge Park (xbox/dlc)

xRiverKing
02-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, new to the community, just wanted to keep s3 alive by dropping some parks. This park is about 7 months old, so I touched it up a bit and decided to upload it as my first. I was inspired to start making parks from emerica, wiltzuh, old-schooler type parks.

Let me know what you guys think - I'll add more parks if there is interest. Feed back would be appreciated if you guys think there is something I could work on for the future.

BOOKMARK LINK - http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=xRiverKing&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=PARK&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=1607579

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4058/stone1.jpg

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/9561/stone2.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7299/stone3.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5274/stone4.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8278/stone5.jpg

BAGS for TWENTY
02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
looks sick, booked

old-skooler-34
02-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Looks real good man, keep it up! As for tips on building here's whats worked for me - (long response because I'm in a typing mood, but may help)

- Build one area at a time. I usually start with a house/Building or stair set that sets the mood for the park. I'll Build off and around that one piece. I NEVER square off the whole park then go back and fill in. I think it makes the whole process over whelming. My last park (Village Run) I started with a steep narrow stair set. Put shrubs next to it, built a building that made sense next to that and continued out piece by piece.

- Use the basic pads only as a last resort. I try to always use a textured floor first whether its brick, sidewalks, or something flipped upside down, etc etc.

- Use your guy as a measuring stick (best advice I ever got). Naturally you want to make sure your rails, ledges, and steps are at the correct height according to "real life". What I think a lot of guys forget is even though your not going to use a door, wall, or fence is if its set at a funny height it makes looking at the surroundings un-realistic reminding you that your playing a video game.

- Details!!!
-If you do use the basic pads as a floor rotate every other one so the patterns broken up.
-When placing grass try to always use the hip grass or angled grass rather then just the flat pieces (helps create the feeling of being in the park rather then ON the park)
-Make custom rails before resorting to the stock ones.
-Real life has weeds in sidewalk cracks (don't go over board with it though), Trees aren't lined up perfect, bushes are sometimes crooked, etc etc.

Hope this all helps, and like I said your park does look good!

briden
02-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Fun park man! Played a while earlier, nice mix of flow and detail.

-If you do use the basic pads as a floor rotate every other one so the patterns broken up.

I'll agree with everything you said except this. It seriously bothers me when the pattern switches on every other pad, looks so unnatural. Depending on the light, it looks like one is raised higher than the next.

Wiltzuh
02-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Damn old-skooler. Your comment made me feel myself as really bad park builder... I use basic paths, i build many areas in one park (usually), i use flat grass. Only tip, i use was this heighting tip. Dont hate me =)

xRiverKing
02-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey thanks guys! Oldschooler - thanks for the report haha it was a good read thanks.

I got some parks sitting that are waiting to get finished, so expect some more ;)

old-skooler-34
02-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Shit man, reading back on my response it does seem like I was implying that you guys are doing it wrong and that I was saying this is how you do it right.... I apologize for that big time! Both of you guys are clearly doing it right considering your parks look great and people rave about them (I have buddies with Xbox telling me they skate well also).

Wiltzuh
02-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Yea i was just joking. And i think my parks are working well nowadays cause im really working for their "skateability". People dont want parks those only looks cool, they want parks those also works well and which are fun and different in good way. Actually even the dumbest looking basic-vert-piece-park could be ffun even looking stupid, u know ? Thats what we are working for. Btw riverking...that park really looks dope. I want to skate it but im in switzerland. Very beautiful place all around but no xbox ! Meaning swiss... Hope u get something new for next friday so i can skate it all night ?

old-skooler-34
02-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Glad you were just kidding around, I'd hate to be perceived as "that guy".

I'll prob. start a "Park building tips, tricks, and advice" thread so we can all share ideas and feed off of one another there rather then me hijacking Rivers thread here.

emericaridr11
02-26-2011, 04:41 PM

I'll prob. start a "Park building tips, tricks, and advice" thread so we can all share ideas and feed off of one another there rather then me hijacking Rivers thread here.

that would actually be a good idea man, I have tons of ideas to share and would like to.... DO IT! NOW!

knexzor
02-27-2011, 03:20 AM
that would actually be a good idea man, I have tons of ideas to share and would like to.... DO IT! NOW!
+1
... I think I know most of the stuff but I'm sure there is stuff I've missed out on

Wiltzuh
02-27-2011, 04:39 AM

Yeah finally ! I will post my brains there !

Roccityroller
02-27-2011, 09:21 PM
this place looks awesome, might make me start playing s3 again. Forza has been eating my life, that and OG and Stoked (cuz embers finally bought them)