PDA

View Full Version : The Park builders thread for Tip's, Tricks, and Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

old-skooler-34
02-27-2011, 04:50 AM
OK, so no matter who you are or how long you've been building parks there's always something new too be discovered. Lets use this thread to share our ideas, give tips, and to get inspiration from one another.

How to use this thread -

1. Share your ideas and give tips on park building (also ad to others ideas and advice)
2. Post pics of parks your working on and ask for opinions.
3. Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to CAP (Create a Park). No question is a dumb question, ask away!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I try to make my parks as realistic looking as possible so these tips I feel worked for me. Most if not all of these tips Ive gotten from fellow park builders and I hope to get more!

- When building parks I Build one area at a time. I usually start with a house/Building or stair set that sets the mood for the park. I'll Build off and around that one piece. I NEVER square off the whole park then go back and fill in. I think it makes the whole process over whelming. For instance, I'll started with a stair set including a hubba or rail, then put grass next to it, build a building that makes sense next to that and continued out piece by piece. I try to get as detailed as possible within this small area. I think it helps me envision what should come next within the park.

- Use the basic pads only as a last resort. I try to always use a textured floor's and walls first whether its brick, sidewalks, or something flipped upside down, etc etc.. I think using Textures helps get rid of that 2 dimensional feel some parks have.

- Use your guy as a measuring stick (best advice I ever got). Naturally you want to make sure your rails, ledges, and steps are at the correct height according to "real life". What I think a lot of guys forget is even though your not going to use a door, wall, or fence is if its set at a funny height it makes looking at the surroundings un-realistic reminding you that your playing a video game.

-When placing grass I try to always use the hip grass or angled grass rather then just the flat pieces (helps create the feeling of being in the park rather then ON the park)
-Make custom rails before resorting to the stock ones.
-Real life has weeds in sidewalk cracks (don't go over board with it though), Trees aren't lined up perfect, bushes are sometimes crooked, etc etc.

Wiltzuh
02-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Dude i love U and this thread !!!

knexzor
02-27-2011, 05:58 AM
- When you have built an object or section, ride it and ride around it for a while and try to analyze the obvious routes (where you usually end up). Then, with that knowledge, it is a lot easier to plan your surroundings in a logical and flowing way.

- If you feel hesitant about a part of your park, delete it and start over. The key to a good park (according to me) is being fully content with it yourself.

- Multi-leveling. Go up, down, left right. A flat platform gets repetitive. Think about parts of your neighborhood or other familiar surroundings; draw inspiration.

I will try to keep this list updated.

Wiltzuh
02-27-2011, 07:13 AM
- Multi-leveling. Go up, down, left right. A flat platform gets repetitive. Think about parts of your neighborhood or other familiar surroundings;.

Thats excactly what im doing. Actually im in switzerland now and i was walking around this beautiful village in middle of alps and got much awsome ideas for CAP. Cant wait to get back finland to do middle european village with sweet wooden houses, small sidewalkmgoin down with little river next to it. Bushes and foliage everywhere and huge number of small sidepaths with stairs and wooden rails and curbs. Damn i love CAP...

I have also couple tips.
- Use colours to create different feelings to your park. Try to mix different colours for perfect combination. But for example one too bright and wrong colourred objects like rails can fail your total look.

- Doing park with theme is best way to get good looking overall. For example i just said that middle european village theme. I have hige number of different themes... Cina, japan, barcelona style plaza (under progress), abandoned factory, hospital yard and lots of others... I can do list from them soon because writing is pretty slow with iPad...

I will also keep that thread alive !

Antwan
02-27-2011, 08:42 AM
How I get the most out of Create-A-Park..hmm..
Try out variations, if you saw a setup you enjoyed skating try adding to it.
Here's a variation I made of Ghetto Spot's Pole Jam.
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3224/variation.png

Put two-and-two..
I've seen a lot of people digging the fliptrick to under rail lately.
But how many of them have ducked under a doorway to grind,
or even grind up to 180 under?
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5811/duckzy.png

Don't be afraid to throw random stuff together and skate it.. it can be the most fun.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7521/sinking.png

Sink everything into the ground..
Sounds simple but I've sunken things I've never seen in any park before..
take this mega-terrain for example, sunken in half pipe corner makes a badass ledge
with a curved filler rail in the middle.
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8284/fillers.png

You can do more than you think.. check out this sick light rail.
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4673/sculpting.png

emericaridr11
02-27-2011, 11:12 AM
awesome man, now that I have a Cap Card Ill make some great things to share......

old-skooler-34
02-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Nice! Glad everyone jumped right on in to share some ideas.

Antwan, Love the idea of just throwing single areas together to skate. I think I might do a whole park as a sort of inventory of ledges, stairs, walls, and rail ideas.

Brick, your right, doing a park with a theme is a lot easier and seems to go together better, I TRY to have a theme w/ every park. Color is also key to the parks overall look. I see some parks that are all gray and the skatable stuff washed out in red/green/blue etc. To me it makes it look like its just tossed together (which is fine of course, just not me).

Knex, also great advice.. Soon as a finish a small area I skate it myself and once there's enough areas connected I start inviting people to test it out. As pathetic as it sounds I'll actually watch everyone skate and see where they go and what they stick to.

Ok, gotta go make sales calls :(

oyaben
02-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Very instructive :)
Thanks for sharing !!

adda89ldn
02-28-2011, 06:43 AM
when i make a park, i usually forget to save and end up joining someones online sesh...

yeah that's not what you're sposed to do. so i don't suggest it.

also watch out for power cuts..

thesignguy
02-28-2011, 09:19 AM
here is my tip
don't skate anyone elses park
I have only maybe skated 2 or 3 other parks than my own
makes mine seem like nobody elses
OK maybe bad advice
I cant get away from downward slanted parks
I don't think my parks are like anyone elses, although I would have no idea
watch your meter, worst enemy
use half pads or smaller stuff when possible, if you have 75% of a big piece not showing try and find other ways to make it to save space
don't overload the trees, trees specially big trees suck space like a bitch
be creative, blah always equals blah
I have been using premade corner, ramps, etc etc for my floor. the color change at the lip sucks visually but the generic flat floor is drab.
hide gaps to nothingness, was my main gripe with my last park, it limits filming if you have a 100 foot drop between 2 objects
don't overlap pads, i really hate this because it limits things, but I really hate when a overlapped pad or object changes and flickers ingame
cater your park to your skating, if you cant enjoy it whats the point
use different stuff, you can create just about anything you would want if you put your mind to it
use snap, probably my biggest gripe is that you should be able to turn this on and off easier, if you don't use it it is taking valuable merges. If you have 2 objects snapped they are not merged, if they aren't snapped then it limits you to whatever you want to sink it into or something into it
fine tune rotate is your friend. some objects give you fits merging even though they don't seem like they should. just move around in minute increments, pay attention to when it flashes blue. If you aren't happy with it slightly rotate it to see if you can get better placement. This is extremely useful with transition pieces, a slight rotation can give you a extra foot or 2 in the ground.
nothing better than skating your park before completion, some things seem way cooler than they actual are. I always fine tune pieces every time I play in my park, that's why I hate when I skate someone elses park and it wont let me tweak.

old-skooler-34
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Color change - What sometimes works for me whether I'm 10% or 90% into a park and feeling stuck is a Color change. My last park "Function Form" I had big issues completing, It went from being bright and cheery colors to dark and dreary to what it is now - Neutral. Although it ended up Neutral in color every color change I did inspired me to finish another section.

Also, texture change on wall components helps a lot too. If you don't like the windows with the city or factory look simply sink a skylight wedge into them.

xRiverKing
02-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Idk if this has been used before, but I think this fountain I made in my upcoming park looks pretty good. It's rather simple haha, it can be easily modified.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3445/fountainm.jpg

adda89ldn
03-01-2011, 04:03 AM
i made something like that.

turned it into some kind of drainage system. yet to release the park. need to get my ps3 fixed :/

Antwan
03-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Yeah RiverKing.. I like the way that looks, very nice.. Here's a few more of my ideas.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4242/ancienthallway.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/841/padik.png

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5946/supportbeams.png

briden
03-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm going to copy-paste this from the kids table, I know it helped me a lot.

Blending Strategies:

There are two types of pieces: Lets call them ledge/rail or LR and PAD

-PAD include: All Street Terrain, vert terrain, plaza terrain, mega terrain.
-LR includes: All rails, ledges, catwalk pieces.
-All other pieces are mixed and match you just have to try and see what they work with. Most things are PAD.

================================================== ==========

-With collisions ON: you can put any LR piece inside any PAD piece. (LR in LR or PAD in PAD doesn't work.)

-With collisions OFF: You can put multiple LR in LR, but then the combo cannot go into a PAD.
OR you can usually put about 3+ PAD pieces together and usually only one or two UN-blended LR pieces.

-If you now turn OFF collisions: You can now select all blended LR pieces and put them inside any PAD or blend of PADS.

TIPS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Building a fancy handrail with tons of LR pieces. Build the whole thing in the air with collisions OFF. Select all LR pieces. Turn collisions ON and lower it into the stairs.

Sometimes even with collisions ON you can blend the edges of like pieces.

Blending too many pieces together may cause that object to become un-grindable so look out and test your park.

Now for my own input

One of my favorite objects to mess around with, Danny Way's Hawaiian Hut:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1616178.jpg

Sink it for a small pyramid with ungrindable coping for corners, so many possibilities for this one:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1616176.jpg

Or flip it over and sink it for a standard L-shaped ungrindable ledge, frontside and backside:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1616182.jpg

One more quickie, spot in the vid @1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJnvYgc3-FI&feature=player_detailpage#t=60s

Rotated Half Pipe Corner

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1616173.jpg

Wiltzuh
03-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Rotated Half Pipe Corner

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1616173.jpg

Briden you know you can do so many awsome things with all of those pipe pieces ! I have things made of those in many of my parks...i think you already knew that ;) but yeah those parts are perfect ! Thats my tip for everyone !

NowhereBoy13
03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok i need help...

how do you merge/sink stuff?? i want to sink the full pip to make a kinda circle fountain ledge/ollie in ollie out kinda thing? and general merging stuff??

old-skooler-34
03-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Ok i need help...

how do you merge/sink stuff?? i want to sink the full pip to make a kinda circle fountain ledge/ollie in ollie out kinda thing? and general merging stuff??

Very simple and I should of covered this when creating the thread.

When in Park creator hit the select button on your controller and go to options. Once your in Options you'll see at the bottom of the list collisions on/off. Turn them on then make sure you have snapping off which I believe is a couple options above collisions.

xRiverKing
03-03-2011, 08:00 PM
This thread needs a sticky I think!!!!

This is the best advice I have ever received, old-skooler you should edit this in your first post, its EXTREMELY helpful for beginners to CAP.

Blending Strategies:

There are two types of pieces: Lets call them ledge/rail or LR and PAD

-PAD include: All Street Terrain, vert terrain, plaza terrain, mega terrain.
-LR includes: All rails, ledges, catwalk pieces.
-All other pieces are mixed and match you just have to try and see what they work with. Most things are PAD.

================================================== ==========

-With collisions ON: you can put any LR piece inside any PAD piece. (LR in LR or PAD in PAD doesn't work.)

-With collisions OFF: You can put multiple LR in LR, but then the combo cannot go into a PAD.
OR you can usually put about 3+ PAD pieces together and usually only one or two UN-blended LR pieces.

-If you now turn OFF collisions: You can now select all blended LR pieces and put them inside any PAD or blend of PADS.

TIPS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Building a fancy handrail with tons of LR pieces. Build the whole thing in the air with collisions OFF. Select all LR pieces. Turn collisions ON and lower it into the stairs.

Sometimes even with collisions ON you can blend the edges of like pieces.

Blending too many pieces together may cause that object to become un-grindable so look out and test your park.

Ohmidineffect
03-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Also I think getting creative with the floor will add dynamics, square flat spots are become drab, put things at angles ,create hills and circular spots. And definitely make sure that everything flows perfectly so you can skate things in a line thus adding options. The best advice I've received thus far was to make EVERYTHING skatable. Down to walls roofs etc. The more things you make skateable is the more options you have and the more space you save on park editor.

Cheers.

old-skooler-34
05-01-2011, 04:14 PM
lets bring this back, bump

emericaridr11
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
YAH! beat me to it

XILENTZ
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Always check the sizes of the floor. I was making a park the other day and the terrain meter was getting full. Turns out the floor was Half Width Size 3 Pads! (a few hundred of them). Saved about 30% terrain.

briden
05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I downloaded a park recently where somebody had a droppable object embedded into a floor pad. I tried for a long time to replicate it myself but to no avail. Can anybody please tell me how to do this?

LanceForLife
05-01-2011, 07:10 PM
I often find myself huffing canned air and shot gunning red bulls to get in the right state of mind to build a proper piece. I like the floors to be multi textured and to have plenty of original pieces also, mega ramps fucking mega ramps get you downloads! throwing ungrindables here and there gives your park a very different dynamic.

BannerBoy360
05-02-2011, 01:32 AM
@ briden
this is just a stupid ea glitch that happens every now and then where the props just completely go random places, sometimes in the air, sometimes synced into the ground. happens in the upload process.

old-skooler-34
05-02-2011, 02:35 AM
@ briden
this is just a stupid ea glitch that happens every now and then where the props just completely go random places, sometimes in the air, sometimes synced into the ground. happens in the upload process.

Would be my guess also to what happen also. If your the host within the session you can reset objects and everything should go back to its original position.

OGBMX420
05-02-2011, 03:23 AM
@ briden

one time I had all my props levating FTW lol

briden
05-02-2011, 09:24 AM
@ briden

No, this was completely planned, nothing random about it. The uploader had ramps underneath the ground pieces so that the droppables would rest perfectly and create little flatbars above the ground. There were also multiple instances of it throughout the park.

Would be my guess also to what happen also. If your the host within the session you can reset objects and everything should go back to its original position.

Again, this does not apply. If you play it online and move the objects, then return all objects, they go back to being merged into the ground. I've seen weird random ones happen before, but this was 100% planned and I was just wondering if anybody knew how to manipulate it.

BannerBoy360
05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
No, this was completely planned, nothing random about it. The uploader had ramps underneath the ground pieces so that the droppables would rest perfectly and create little flatbars above the ground. There were also multiple instances of it throughout the park.

then i dunno man, we should ask who uploaded it?... cus being able to sync props into regulars would be a revelation in skate.park.

old-skooler-34
05-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Again, this does not apply. If you play it online and move the objects, then return all objects, they go back to being merged into the ground. I've seen weird random ones happen before, but this was 100% planned and I was just wondering if anybody knew how to manipulate it.

Hmm, post pics if you can.. Was the ground split for the props to poke through or they were directly merged in the center of a pad?

briden
05-02-2011, 04:03 PM
then i dunno man, we should ask who uploaded it?... cus being able to sync props into regulars would be a revelation in skate.park.

Yeah, he hasn't been online since I noticed what it was. I'll post a video and download link (xbox, sorry old skooler) when I get home from class tonight.

briden
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Quick vid showcasing the merged flatbars, then one where i removed the ground pad, then I copy-pasted the spot and levitated it to see it from the side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMkTAJ5dosM

Park link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#sortBy=MOST_RECENT&filter=ALLTIME&slice=search&galleryType=FAVOURITES&subType=VIDEO&contentType=PARK&itemId=1658331

old-skooler-34
05-03-2011, 11:36 AM
WOW briden, awesome find! I seriously figured you were mistaken or off in your description here.
I've never seen that before, I'm stumped. My GUESS is I noticed that the piece seems to be sitting on a ramp then merged up and through. The first one you hippie jumped check to see if there's a also a ramp under the pad.

Maybe when prop's are on a ramp they can be glitched through a pad above. I also noticed the pads are upside down. I'm going to try this later on no doubt.

Antwan
05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
What the fuck.. shit just got interesting and shit, fuck.

xRiverKing
05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Quick vid showcasing the merged flatbars, then one where i removed the ground pad, then I copy-pasted the spot and levitated it to see it from the side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMkTAJ5dosM

Park link: http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#sortBy=MOST_RECENT&filter=ALLTIME&slice=search&galleryType=FAVOURITES&subType=VIDEO&contentType=PARK&itemId=1658331

Omg.. wow

Edit: I can't seem to figure it out either, please elaborate?

LanceForLife
05-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Omg.. wow

Edit: I can't seem to figure it out either, please elaborate?

ok I think i got it now I will try this and let you know but place ramp and the snap pad to the top of ramp like in the last shot then place droppable then delete pad piece let the droppable fall into place go to options and undo it might put pad back that you deleted but wont move the droppable and put the pad back and abbra cadabra

LanceForLife
05-03-2011, 12:41 PM
ok I think i got it now I will try this and let you know but place ramp and the snap pad to the top of ramp like in the last shot then place droppable then delete pad piece let the droppable fall into place go to options and undo it might put pad back that you deleted but wont move the droppable and put the pad back and abbra cadabra

doesn't work that way :(

briden
05-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Alright, I figured out my own way, can't get it EXACTLY like the original video, but my way works just as well. Here goes, tutorial with Pictures.

The featured droppable object is the Ramp. I have replicated the glitch with other droppables, the key factor is that they must be able to fit INSIDE of a ground pad, any size (including mega, so big stuff will work too).

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760921.jpg

First things first, make sure Collision is turned OFF. You need to start with your desired droppable object sitting on a ground piece (Let's call this PAD1). You should take time right now to orient the piece and the droppable to how you want the droppable to end up (in this case, two flatbars). This can be done later, but it saves time and effort to figure it out ahead of time.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760922.jpg

You now need to create a new pad that will be larger than the droppable object (full size ground pad works for the Ramp, let's call this PAD2). Place the pad so that it completely envelopes the droppable, and PAD1 should be sticking out a little bit from any side, so that it can be easily selected for moving later on. The droppable is now inside of PAD2.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760923.jpg

Create a new ground piece big enough to support the droppable, and able to keep the same orientation if you were to flip your object over (this will be PAD3). Place it where you feel the top of the droppable will stick out in the finished piece. This may end up being a game of guess-and-check, since I have experienced a few earthquake moments in this step.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760924.jpg

Flip over Pads 1,2,3, and the droppable all at once. The droppable should fall a little ways out of Pad 2 and land on Pad 3.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760926.jpg

Now, you will move Pad 1 down towards the droppable, far enough so that when flipped back to the original position, the droppable will once again rest on Pad 1 and stick out as much as you desire. Flip over Pad 1, Pad 2, and the droppable to see where it ends up. Again, this can be a guess-and-check process. Pad 3 is of no use anymore.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760927.jpg

Now drop it into your favorite CAP or start from scratch.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760928.jpg

emericaridr11
05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Wild briden!

Antwan
05-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Im going to mess with that right now..
good shit man.

Ayreon
05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
anyone got a good list of ungrindables?

Roccityroller
05-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Oh woorrrd?

Antwan
05-03-2011, 03:21 PM
The full size pad works for the ramp..
what does that mean? Haha
I'm lost can't get this shit going

briden
05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
The full size pad works for the ramp..
what does that mean? Haha
I'm lost can't get this shit going

The ground pads come in three different sizes. The Ramp droppable I was using fits inside of the biggest one, you can see it in the pictures. Other droppables fit into smaller pads, and some (the slide, for example) only fit inside the Mega objects.

OGBMX420
05-03-2011, 06:10 PM
can use any prop then ? seems like a lot of work for one rail but if u could figure out how to put them in outher objects like stairs then u hit the jackpot LOL

xRiverKing
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Great job Briden, worked like a fucking charm!!

Can't wait to see this being ripped up, awesome find

briden
05-03-2011, 06:31 PM
can use any prop then ? seems like a lot of work for one rail but if u could figure out how to put them in outher objects like stairs then u hit the jackpot LOL

As far as I know, yes, all props will work. Some of course will be more glitchy than others, but this could be worked around by constraining movement with more ground pads. I only got to dick around for about an hour before class, but tonight I'll put in some work and get some ideas flowing.

i am a snail
05-03-2011, 08:28 PM
i am going to have so much fun with this prop thing

OGBMX420
05-03-2011, 09:36 PM

A lot of the world terrain ( i think thats what it is im a little baked right now) upside down is ungrindable , I ll give u some picks when psn is up

briden
05-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Messed around a bit trying to polish my efforts, using two droppables in one pad and constraining all movement.
Like the stock manual pad but wish it was a little thinner?
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1761410.jpg
Blown-out view from the top with pad removed
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1761411.jpg
bottom view
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1761414.jpg

http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=6504
Lots of good info in this thread, too much to copy-paste.

OGBMX420
05-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Messed around a bit trying to polish my efforts, using two droppables in one pad and constraining all movement.
Like the stock manual pad but wish it was a little thinner?
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1761410.jpg
Blown-out view from the top with pad removed
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1761411.jpg
bottom view
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1761414.jpg

http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=6504
Lots of good info in this thread, too much to copy-paste.

that would make a sick sub box !!!!

OGBMX420
05-04-2011, 12:21 AM
As far as I know, yes, all props will work. Some of course will be more glitchy than others, but this could be worked around by constraining movement with more ground pads. I only got to dick around for about an hour before class, but tonight I'll put in some work and get some ideas flowing.

sucks for me ! your on 360 right ? some more pics would help

briden
05-04-2011, 12:32 AM
sucks for me ! your on 360 right ? some more pics would help

Yeah I'm on 360, how far along in the process do you need more pics?

Antwan
05-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I got it thanks Briden
if anyone else gets lost like I did
the picture with the street ramp under the dropable is another option
you can use a pad or the street ramp for PAD1
Made a few things.. I may put a few of these ideas into my solo..
So fun.. gives the editor a new light ;)

also.. you must move your cursor inside of the pad to highlight the object when flipping it with the pads.

OGBMX420
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
i got a tip and a question . first the tip if u put anouther pad beside the prop, it will stay in good and tight and right where u want it for when u flip the pad over for the rail to merge through . Next my question, could someone post a pic of how to do the basketball hoop ive been having a problem with that . And when i try to use some of the props they fall threw no matter what ?

OGBMX420
05-04-2011, 11:06 PM
i got a tip and a question . first the tip if u put anouther pad beside the prop, it will stay in good and tight and right where u want it for when u flip the pad over for the rail to merge through . Next my question, could someone post a pic of how to do the basketball hoop ive been having a problem with that . And when i try to use some of the props they fall threw no matter what ?

like so i could use without the wood mega pad ? trying to build a basketball court for an elementary school im building

briden
05-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Was this kind of what you're aiming for?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1762522.jpg

The basketball hoop was one of the tougher ones, but it's all just a matter of breaking it down to what needs to be constrained. In this case, I constrained movement in all 4 directions as it tended to tip after the drop. Here's a picture of what the hoop looked like, before the flip, with the enveloping piece removed to show full detail. PS: The enveloping piece I used for this was the middle-height Vert ground pad.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1762523.jpg

The final height of the hoop is determined by the position of the upper-right pad, as it stops the base of the hoop after everything gets flipped. Moving it higher would end up with a higher hoop, and vice versa. Hope this helps.

OGBMX420
05-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Was this kind of what you're aiming for?

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1762522.jpg

The basketball hoop was one of the tougher ones, but it's all just a matter of breaking it down to what needs to be constrained. In this case, I constrained movement in all 4 directions as it tended to tip after the drop. Here's a picture of what the hoop looked like, before the flip, with the enveloping piece removed to show full detail. PS: The enveloping piece I used for this was the middle-height Vert ground pad.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1762523.jpg

The final height of the hoop is determined by the position of the upper-right pad, as it stops the base of the hoop after everything gets flipped. Moving it higher would end up with a higher hoop, and vice versa. Hope this helps.

Thanks u so much it was pissing me off i thought i could only use the wood mega pad could u post a couple more pics like side views and maybee it elavted much appreciated THANKS BRIDEN the only outher problem is my park is starting to earthquake in one spot ( On a side wall out of all places lol at least it wont effect the park or the skateable stuff ) but im going to put in work and save it

OGBMX420
05-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Thanks u so much it was pissing me off i thought i could only use the wood mega pad could u post a couple more pics like side views and maybee it elavted much appreciated THANKS BRIDEN the only outher problem is my park is starting to earthquake in one spot ( On a side wall out of all places lol at least it wont effect the park or the skateable stuff ) but im going to put in work and save it

the top pic is dead on for what i want

OGBMX420
05-05-2011, 12:43 AM
did u figure out my tip before i posted it ?

Ohmidineffect
05-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Just out of curiosity does something like this increase the chances of your game glitching and causing earthquakes and ghost pads to occur? It just looks like something that would do that sort of thing.

Demzilla
05-05-2011, 07:32 AM
ohmidin...

yes yes and hella lot more yes...

XILENTZ
05-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Anybody down for a little spot remake? Bank to Ledge in Tarzana, CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1oxYJZmHY&feature=related - 6 Minutes in. I gave it ago myself but I'm not good at making parks and I mostly ended up shooting over the ledge!

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2862/screenshot7us.png

mreasyguy
05-05-2011, 10:13 AM
this prop sinking has given me all kinda ideas... i will be playing around with this later to see what is what, props for the great find briden

briden
05-05-2011, 11:58 AM
did u figure out my tip before i posted it ?

Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Where are you getting confused with the basketball hoop though?

Just out of curiosity does something like this increase the chances of your game glitching and causing earthquakes and ghost pads to occur? It just looks like something that would do that sort of thing.

The more you constrain movement, the less glitching/quaking. Ghost pads can happen to any elevated ground piece though, I haven't had it worse with this than in any other park where it happened.

OGBMX420
05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I mentioned it a few posts back. Where are you getting confused with the basketball hoop though?

The more you constrain movement, the less glitching/quaking. Ghost pads can happen to any elevated ground piece though, I haven't had it worse with this than in any other park where it happened.

i got it now i was having problems trying to get it that pefect height , ( u can also use the cat walk peice as a pad)

Duce NLS
05-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Tempting idea with the props but I'm not about to risk an entire park for a few extra spots, I must say, epic work Briden, mad skills.

Shame it's yet another potential glitch, if it was stable i'd be on it like a dog in heat.

Peace

Antwan
05-06-2011, 09:29 AM
hey just open an existing park make an object use it and save it as something else..
This game is all about glitches it's not like we don't manipulate the engine every time we play
just do it.. you're fine.

XILENTZ
05-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Just some flooring options I found while messing around:
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/2073/202777/1763856.jpg

The graphite one to the left is the University sign flipped and tiled. The white tile is spillway planters flipped. The weird pattern one is hotel planter flipped and tiled. unfortunately that's the only way they seem to want to fit together :/

oh and the guy that made 512 warehouse is a legend. using the rusted roofing of team HQ as a roof for a warehouse is a good idea.

Antwan
05-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I have a park I made and didn't finish kind've like a plaza thing with tiled banks..
used the dlc roof top pieces for that, they are white and look tiled as well..
link them upside down for floor, right side up for banks.

xRiverKing
05-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Damn Briden you are good with those dropables, they seem to give me a headache

Antwan
05-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah confusing at first.. but once you get it going the idea is really simple..
I've been messing with a few ideas and I may make a little 5n1 at a little park..
low grind perfect popless rails and a nice custom bank that registers manual spins
This opened doors again.. this game wont die.

XILENTZ
05-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I have a park I made and didn't finish kind've like a plaza thing with tiled banks..
used the dlc roof top pieces for that, they are white and look tiled as well..
link them upside down for floor, right side up for banks.

Aha I made a little warehouse TF tonight using a flipped port carverton market sign (if i rememember, the underside is nice and dark but has texture) along with the underside of an electric box for walls. the boxes have nice detail on them that looks quite clean with some scuffs and fits in well if you put plain colours on them!

XILENTZ
05-07-2011, 03:14 AM
disregard the last post aha it was the kink i used flipped for flooring. pics and whatnot.

As you can see it makes some nice flooring!
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/2073/202777/1764796.jpg

Gonna need some walls, dont' fancy falling a good 30+ feet!
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/2073/202777/1764798.jpg

Lookin' pretty grim!
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/2073/202777/1764800.jpg

Paint it red! (or pink or blue whatever floats your boat/boner)
http://downloads.skate.online.ea.com/skate3/content/XBL2/PHOTO/2073/202777/1764801.jpg

meAd4m76
05-07-2011, 03:34 AM
holy carp i love you briden, just made some hella epic shit, by the way, for the guys who are running out of space in their parks you can remove pad 1, but you cant move it afterwards or itll fall into the ground

sarsparillo
05-18-2011, 07:16 AM
I wondered how to sink objects! I've been messing around in a park lately with sinking plywood and letting half of it come up to make small wooden plywood ramps that you can actually roll onto without needing to do a little ollie hop

meAd4m76
06-11-2011, 02:03 PM
guys. all. props. can. be. merged. with. all. objects. without. this. method. easily. in. seconds.

Ohmidineffect
06-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Teach!

briden
06-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah come on, this isnt the "Tease. everybody. with. a. lot. of. periods." thread.

i am a snail
06-11-2011, 08:38 PM
how could you go and tell us something like that just to leave us hangin. :(

tell us o wise one

meAd4m76
06-12-2011, 02:35 PM
its at the cost of any gameshared dlc - if (like me) you lost your friends password.. your screwed. this method makes you have no limits, pretty much. BUT your gonna have to make sure that:
a) you have used no DLC pieces
b) your not merging DLC pieces
so i would mess with it and plan out what your gonna do, its a lot easier and works a lot more ways but theres this big cost right. <--

unfortunately i have no clue how to do this for xbox as im a rich snob.. jk

ps3 menu --> GAME DATA utility --> Skate 3 DLC (Triangle) --> Delete --> play game --> DONT INSTALL UPDATE.. install game data --> make park --> put prop on a pad at desired angle --> make another pad and simply drag it down into the prop from above the prop, i think it has to be bigger than the prop im not sure

well worth the 5 mins if you ask me, make sure you know what you want to make and build your parks around it. sorry xbox people.

TheMaster
06-12-2011, 02:55 PM
For a tip i say that u should always try to put flow into your parks (where u can go from one piece to the next without a getting off the board or slowing down or around the whole park

Boxerman08
06-12-2011, 06:21 PM
damn Briden, that's an amazing find! the CAP can now be that much more creative by merging droppables with the ground. too sick!

sarsparillo
06-13-2011, 05:55 AM
its at the cost of any gameshared dlc - if (like me) you lost your friends password.. your screwed. this method makes you have no limits, pretty much. BUT your gonna have to make sure that:
a) you have used no DLC pieces
b) your not merging DLC pieces
so i would mess with it and plan out what your gonna do, its a lot easier and works a lot more ways but theres this big cost right. <--

unfortunately i have no clue how to do this for xbox as im a rich snob.. jk

ps3 menu --> GAME DATA utility --> Skate 3 DLC (Triangle) --> Delete --> play game --> DONT INSTALL UPDATE.. install game data --> make park --> put prop on a pad at desired angle --> make another pad and simply drag it down into the prop from above the prop, i think it has to be bigger than the prop im not sure

well worth the 5 mins if you ask me, make sure you know what you want to make and build your parks around it. sorry xbox people.That sounds awesome but complicated; I haven't made backups of anything on my PS3 and don't want to go deleting things and potentially losing my boring-ass half made skate parks. That's a lot easier than "make pad, put blocking bodies in, make new pad, make pad above, turn everything upside down, wonder where the hell your shopping cart disappeared to" though.

meAd4m76
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
no. you wont lose anything andits not complicatedat all, just delete game data called 'DLC', nothing needs to be backed up, your save data is not affected at all! your character will be reset if you have dlc on him, thats it.

briden
06-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Been waiting to post about this until I got the video made, but I made a working ladder. I posted pictures in my park thread a bit ago, but I'll post here incase people haven't seen it.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1776373.jpg

Footage @ 1:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZuOxPq8i4w

2 catwalk supports with 8 dlc bent poles, about thigh-height between each of them. The whole thing is tilted @ about a 85* angle.

meAd4m76
07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
ive seen a few ladders, but they were at pretty good angles in all fairness, yours is best i think

meAd4m76
07-03-2011, 02:21 PM
my tips:
yeah none of you bitches have seen a tidy park from me in centuries, lets just say im a whole lot better now, but heres the rules i stick to

1. drink monster, monster help y'all minds wonder like lonely sheep in a desert wasteland. this will actually help you to find real life insprirations because your brain will go into overdrive so with all the thoughts your getting some of them have gotta be about skating right, you see a spot and youll know it like shit if your drunk/high/hyper! only problem is you might forget, thats what iphone notes are for! (also stops you wanting to give up on your parks when your more active) *phew* that was a long one

2. keep blueprints/drawings of your real-life/adapted/stolen (stealing from other creators is good, anyone will agree) spots so that you know exactly what your doing

3. if you fail at merging pieces and get the red border for no reason, use the above downgrade method to make it the way you want (considering DLC of course)

4. STUFF THE TURKEY (sick bastards!) literally cram all of your creative juice into each and every spot and dont leave blanks like ive done in the past, think what could be leaning against your wall, taking up some space&adding in some detail, and what could be in the distance, coz even backgrounds help with park making - e.g. i tend to use scaffolding, unique planters, random scenery (waterfalls n' shit) and suitable props

5. (MOST IMPORTANT) consider your chosen colours and behold your creation

for a full-sized park using my spot inspiration method ^ you need about 5 good realistic spots, and a hella lotta scenery to make-your-break-through, rather than making everything 100% skateable, because reality is much better than fantasy, i've learned that from the best.

doobskie
07-03-2011, 03:14 PM
seeing so may cool ideas and a lot of great tips in this thread!

rzrfvr
07-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Here is something we've all been struggling with: disappearing props when online. Me and Old-skooler was talking about this the other day and we have a theory about what props stay and what gets taken out when you take the park online.

Both Buddah and Old-skooler mentioned that props that are placed outside the park and on the actual CAP lot floor usually stays when you go online. That lead us to believe it had to do with elevation in the park.

The props seem to load from the bottom up. When you go online, the ones at the top load last and don't show up. We are not 100% this works but you should all test it as it seems like the closest thing to a solution we've seen so far.

• Place all the important props in your park first
• Fill up the prop meter (to get the correct replay editor timeline) with props you don't need at a higher altitude in your park such as a rooftop
• Check it online

Let us know how this works out for you!

Boxerman08
07-29-2011, 03:02 PM
• Place all the important props in your park first
• Fill up the prop meter (to get the correct replay editor timeline) with props you don't need at a higher altitude in your park such as a rooftop
• Check it online

This is brillant, I hope this explains it. I usually dump all the props on the CAP floor to fill up the meter to get a decent timeline, but I'll have to put them on a rooftop from now on haha I'll have to test this "theory" out

Boxerman08
10-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Briden, I need your help lol I've been trying to use that tutorial in the first page with merging dropables, and I can't seem to work it out. Is it still working, or has it been patched(?) lol I'm trying to finish a CAP right now, but I wanna use that merging droppables thing into my park but I've been trying that shit for an hour now and can't figure it out lol

Edit: Nevermind, I was doing something wrong lol I didn't know we had to go into the PAD and grab the droppable object as well... haha I saw that in Antwan's post... thanks to both of you! haha

Re-edit: I finally got it to merge, but I can never get it out other than like 1 inch off the ground. Everytime I get approx the same height lol I don't get it...

briden
10-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Briden, I need your help lol I've been trying to use that tutorial in the first page with merging dropables, and I can't seem to work it out. Is it still working, or has it been patched(?) lol I'm trying to finish a CAP right now, but I wanna use that merging droppables thing into my park but I've been trying that shit for an hour now and can't figure it out lol

Edit: Nevermind, I was doing something wrong lol I didn't know we had to go into the PAD and grab the droppable object as well... haha I saw that in Antwan's post... thanks to both of you! haha

Re-edit: I finally got it to merge, but I can never get it out other than like 1 inch off the ground. Everytime I get approx the same height lol I don't get it...

PM'ed

unplannedman
11-03-2011, 02:53 PM
tilt and merge people, tilt all kind of different objects and try merging them into the wall/other objects, I've been able to make some sick stuff

obiwankenolte
11-05-2011, 10:00 AM
tilt and merge people, tilt all kind of different objects and try merging them into the wall/other objects, I've been able to make some sick stuff

could you explain a bit more? pictures? videos???

sk8goat
11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
good job! thanx for the info

Ladd279
01-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Thought id post this I just found it out. When a object is red u can change color/style just move cursor over on to it and push select. Don't click on it and it will work

MrSnomtn
01-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Be on the lookout for cool spots, even if you cant skate them. Take a pic or sketch it. I see so much cool stuf in the car... then when i get home i forget about it :(

anyone else think this needs a stickie?

old-skooler-34
01-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Be on the lookout for cool spots, even if you cant skate them. Take a pic or sketch it. I see so much cool stuf in the car... then when i get home i forget about it :(

I agree with this, as a matter of fact the park I'm working on now is inspired by something I seen in real life. It now looks nothing like what I saw but it kicked off the park which lead to other ideas.

Another idea I've been playing with is grabbing my older parks and re-doing them with new idea's I may have.

MrSnomtn
01-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Anybody got any recommendations for the edges of parks and overall ambiance?

also, this thread needs a stickie

old-skooler-34
01-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Anybody got any recommendations for the edges of parks and overall ambiance?

also, this thread needs a stickie

Overall ambiance be sure to use foliage, particularly the fall trees and concentrate on the shadowing they give off (twist and rotate them to shadow certain parts of the park). The edges of the park I used to just load with trees, Now I make sure it's either a nice wall, building, or gate lining the outer edges.

MrSnomtn
01-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Overall ambiance be sure to use foliage, particularly the fall trees and concentrate on the shadowing they give off (twist and rotate them to shadow certain parts of the park). The edges of the park I used to just load with trees, Now I make sure it's either a nice wall, building, or gate lining the outer edges.

thanks, the park i just finished was actually indoors, and i put in a roof with a couple missing pieces so it would cast shadows down onto some of the spots, but i ran out of room and had to make a new ceiling

old-skooler-34
01-29-2012, 04:18 PM
thanks, the park i just finished was actually indoors, and i put in a roof with a couple missing pieces so it would cast shadows down onto some of the spots, but i ran out of room and had to make a new ceiling

I constantly run out of room. I realized there's ALWAYS something I can delete to finish a park off how I want. I'll back track and scan around the park looking for objects that got hidden or completely covered by something else and delete them. Like, no need for a full pad under a ramp or building or if only 1/8 of a full pad is showing I'll delete it and move things around to cover the hole.

A roof in an indoor park is important IMO, guys with low camera's and in vids will constantly have them in view. What I'll do there is close your eyes and picture indoor parks or warehouses you've seen in real life. Try to recreate the way they look with the pieces you got in game, same for walls. Hell, I've even had my I-pad on my lap with google searches to get ideas but that's only because I take shit to seriously haha!

MrSnomtn
01-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I constantly run out of room. I realized there's ALWAYS something I can delete to finish a park off how I want. I'll back track and scan around the park looking for objects that got hidden or completely covered by something else and delete them. Like, no need for a full pad under a ramp or building or if only 1/8 of a full pad is showing I'll delete it and move things around to cover the hole.

A roof in an indoor park is important IMO, guys with low camera's and in vids will constantly have them in view. What I'll do there is close your eyes and picture indoor parks or warehouses you've seen in real life. Try to recreate the way they look with the pieces you got in game, same for walls. Hell, I've even had my I-pad on my lap with google searches to get ideas but that's only because I take shit to seriously haha!

I ended up just taking the d way pool, flipped it upside down and used that. Still out of room, but at leas i have a roof.

old-skooler-34
01-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I ended up just taking the d way pool, flipped it upside down and used that. Still out of room, but at leas i have a roof.

If I'm correct the with DW pool there's two of them, the brick ones? They take up a shit ton of space and one of t hem takes up less space then the other (the kidney one).

PoppySquidJr
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
If I'm correct the with DW pool there's two of them, the brick ones? They take up a shit ton of space and one of t hem takes up less space then the other (the kidney one).

I'm pretty sure those come with the skate.Create upgrade pack. I think the one he's referring to is the bluish circular one with that small opening :P

MrSnomtn
01-29-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure those come with the skate.Create upgrade pack. I think the one he's referring to is the bluish circular one with that small opening :P

yup. thats the one :)

MrSnomtn
02-12-2012, 11:37 AM
another "tip"

post everything you got, even if it sucks, it gives us more to skate

Ladd279
02-12-2012, 11:53 AM
another "tip"

post everything you got, even if it sucks, it gives us more to skate

I completely disagree with this, why would you upload and take up a space for something you don't even like. There are so many park builders and parks that you will always have something to skate imo

Boxerman08
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I completely disagree with this, why would you upload and take up a space for something you don't even like. There are so many park builders and parks that you will always have something to skate imo

this. Just search around in the park thread, there are TONS of amazing parks for both ps3 and xbox that'll keep you busy for a long time.

MrSnomtn
02-12-2012, 01:41 PM
yea. ea let me download 2 parks yesterday (omg). Now its broken again for me. I'v been skating some old caps. ( ghetto plaza by rzrfvr, and southbank by maacer42) guess i wish i just had more to skate

old-skooler-34
02-12-2012, 04:53 PM
What I've always done is if you see a park you like take down the name of the person and DL all their parks. (just search their name in the parks section). I also do random downloads skimming the parks section in game hunting for that one guy no one knows yet but builds sick sh**.

Ladd's got a good point, right now I can only upload 2 more parks so every time I go to upload I have to decide which older one to delete.

Ladd279
02-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I also do random downloads skimming the parks section in game hunting for that one guy no one knows yet but builds sick sh**.

I do the same thing, never know what you can get actually been inspired by a random dl'd park, also before I joined the community I actually dl'd a old buddah blessed park (new at that time). An that got me into building.

old-skooler-34
02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I do the same thing, never know what you can get actually been inspired by a random dl'd park, also before I joined the community I actually dl'd a old buddah blessed park (new at that time). An that got me into building.

Forgot to mention that too. DL'ing random parks even if they turn out to be crumby there's usual SOMETHING that can be found in them for inspiration. I also found Buddah searching random parks.

MrSnomtn
02-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Forgot to mention that too. DL'ing random parks even if they turn out to be crumby there's usual SOMETHING that can be found in them for inspiration. I also found Buddah searching random parks.

I remember finding one of your parks randomly. I think it was called l train or something.

old-skooler-34
03-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Although I don't always follow this rule be sure your parks have flow! They can look good as hell but without flow and lines skating the park gets old fast. I TRY to make sure you can at least cruise around 70% of the park without having to get off your board, even if just in one direction.

ripper
06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
anyone got advice for making a tranny park, videos or anything? i want the tranny to be unique and have weird obstacles

blitzkow
06-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Alright, I figured out my own way, can't get it EXACTLY like the original video, but my way works just as well. Here goes, tutorial with Pictures.

The featured droppable object is the Ramp. I have replicated the glitch with other droppables, the key factor is that they must be able to fit INSIDE of a ground pad, any size (including mega, so big stuff will work too).

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760921.jpg

First things first, make sure Collision is turned OFF. You need to start with your desired droppable object sitting on a ground piece (Let's call this PAD1). You should take time right now to orient the piece and the droppable to how you want the droppable to end up (in this case, two flatbars). This can be done later, but it saves time and effort to figure it out ahead of time.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760922.jpg

You now need to create a new pad that will be larger than the droppable object (full size ground pad works for the Ramp, let's call this PAD2). Place the pad so that it completely envelopes the droppable, and PAD1 should be sticking out a little bit from any side, so that it can be easily selected for moving later on. The droppable is now inside of PAD2.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760923.jpg

Create a new ground piece big enough to support the droppable, and able to keep the same orientation if you were to flip your object over (this will be PAD3). Place it where you feel the top of the droppable will stick out in the finished piece. This may end up being a game of guess-and-check, since I have experienced a few earthquake moments in this step.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760924.jpg

Flip over Pads 1,2,3, and the droppable all at once. The droppable should fall a little ways out of Pad 2 and land on Pad 3.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760926.jpg

Now, you will move Pad 1 down towards the droppable, far enough so that when flipped back to the original position, the droppable will once again rest on Pad 1 and stick out as much as you desire. Flip over Pad 1, Pad 2, and the droppable to see where it ends up. Again, this can be a guess-and-check process. Pad 3 is of no use anymore.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760927.jpg

Now drop it into your favorite CAP or start from scratch.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/1760928.jpg

Hey Briden i found an easier way to do this ,xbox only, if you uninstall the update you can merge props with pads

ay platypus
06-17-2012, 01:10 AM
This is true but you have to merge the pad with the prop not the other way around which means you would have to put the props in before you properly start work on the park.

blitzkow
06-17-2012, 04:12 AM
This is true but you have to merge the pad with the prop not the other way around which means you would have to put the props in before you properly start work on the park.

not necessarily. you can put all the pads and what-not in the park then add the props.

briden
06-17-2012, 01:27 PM
not necessarily. you can put all the pads and what-not in the park then add the props.

He's saying that you can put a pad into a prop, but not the other way around. You still need to add constraints to keep it from earthquaking.

shrednbunch
07-22-2012, 12:30 PM
how did you select the object inside the ramp i can get it to your put up VIDEO OR EXPLAIN BETTer

briden
07-22-2012, 12:39 PM
how did you select the object inside the ramp i can get it to your put up VIDEO OR EXPLAIN BETTer

I zoomed in inside of the big pad and just kept highlighting until it registered. I've never had a real problem with it, to be honest. BUT if you're on xbox, it might be easier to use the cache clearing glitch and just place a pad onto an item.

kieran
10-27-2012, 02:08 PM
i know this is late to post on this thread,but how do you make curved stairs,so get inner on on side and wider on the other?(it wound be much help)

blitzkow
10-27-2012, 03:30 PM
i know this is late to post on this thread,but how do you make curved stairs,so get inner on on side and wider on the other?(it wound be much help)
pic plz dont know what you are talking about

Ohmidineffect
10-27-2012, 03:37 PM
I know they speak and write english in England.... Fix yourself sir.

kieran
10-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Now that I'm fully awake,I can ask the question with proper English.I'm asking about the curved stairs they go in on themselves(I know this does not make much sense).This is a perfect example of what I mean I'm on an iPad so I can't figure out how to attatch a picture so here's the link http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=curved+stairs+skate+3&start=159&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&biw=768&bih=946&tbm=isch&tbnid=TkDvkS4Uqu4kKM:&imgrefurl=http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D7289&docid=ttlHLKPvKqB5uM&itg=1&imgurl=http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww28/Ohmidxwlwr/Picture20-2.png&w=630&h=349&ei=B1GNUM3sOqKq0QWL44CQAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=487&sig=117993664057108942613&page=10&tbnh=129&tbnw=237&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:76,s:100,i:232&tx=120&ty=108

Novel
11-28-2012, 05:40 AM
I've been crafting caps since about a month after s3 came out, and one problem I always seem to run into is space limitation. More specifically, while either attempting recreations, or themes, I tend to create the elaborate buildings, or use most of my terrain limit within the first secton(s) of the map. I have the hardest time reconciling this space restraint. Are there any tricks or a generalized rule for getting the most terrain inside of a location? It's the whole shceme that I fimd hard to accomplish as a whole. Having the enire idea coming together at the end without over extending myself and the terrain limits. When I see some uploaded caps. Such as witzwuh's or what have you, there seems to be no compromise of the full idea or purpose of the idea. There must be some tips.. let me know please!
Thanks guys.

-novel.

Ps. Sorry about the confusion surrounding my post about indoor caps.
It was never my intention to alienate any of you.

m.seven
11-28-2012, 05:48 AM
i've never really built a cap myself,but i think that if you put in the skateable elements first and then go back and pretty up the place it may help.
if a park looks good but there's nothing to skate it's kinda pointless.

kieran
12-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I know i've got to a bad start probably,by not adding images and not being specific enough,but we cant label everything on a first impression(i know that when reading this you may all cringe).My question is what CAP pieces i need and what tips there are to make the scenery and environment of my parks better,instead of just a spot with brick walls and the soho buildings. I've made houses before but they have always been boring to look at. From looking on Fluckit i have noticed the way that the majority of you have made the environment of your parks more realistic and "street". I've rambled on a tad. I came to intentionally ask on how you do so,what tips do you have to making the scenery of the parks better?

blitzkow
12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I know i've got to a bad start probably,by not adding images and not being specific enough,but we cant label everything on a first impression(i know that when reading this you may all cringe).My question is what CAP pieces i need and what tips there are to make the scenery and environment of my parks better,instead of just a spot with brick walls and the soho buildings. I've made houses before but they have always been boring to look at. From looking on Fluckit i have noticed the way that the majority of you have made the environment of your parks more realistic and "street". I've rambled on a tad. I came to intentionally ask on how you do so,what tips do you have to making the scenery of the parks better?
just try not to make it plain put trees in outdoors and buildings in the background. just be creative mate

kieran
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
just try not to make it plain put trees in outdoors and buildings in the background. just be creative mate

Thanks man I appreciate it,it will help.Also what helps to think of new spots,is the any blogs?it would help as I'm not very creative aha

PoppySquidJr
12-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks man I appreciate it,it will help.Also what helps to think of new spots,is the any blogs?it would help as I'm not very creative aha

Just look at some interesting spots in real life, maybe some creative architecture, art in general. Observe the world around you, you should be able to draw inspiration from what you see.
I'm no park builder but I find myself seeing ideas a lot.

kieran
12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Just look at some interesting spots in real life, maybe some creative architecture, art in general. Observe the world around you, you should be able to draw inspiration from what you see.
I'm no park builder but I find myself seeing ideas a lot.

That was beautiful man. But seriously,thanks, I guess I could atop being so lazy in the winter and go up to London to look at spots,not just for skate.

kieran
01-29-2013, 11:33 AM
this seems to be the only thread i post in!

however,i am always wondering on how these custom bowls are made,i know they are a flipped roll in,but what are the deck around it, are they pads,or quarter pipes and bowl corners?

blitzkow
01-29-2013, 11:43 AM
this seems to be the only thread i post in!

however,i am always wondering on how these custom bowls are made,i know they are a flipped roll in,but what are the deck around it, are they pads,or quarter pipes and bowl corners?

depends i use a quarterpipes for most of mine but some people make them super custom using pads, another way it sto use the planter curve upside down and that will make the corner

kieran
01-29-2013, 12:35 PM
depends i use a quarterpipes for most of mine but some people make them super custom using pads, another way it sto use the planter curve upside down and that will make the corner

thanks man,how do you do it with the pads because wouldn't they start earthquaking?

Ayreon
02-16-2013, 12:21 PM
i heard there was a nice castle cap.
someone link me that shit

kieran
02-16-2013, 12:28 PM
i heard there was a nice castle cap.
someone link me that shit

i can sense sarcasm,but if not,do you mean sk8tatters?

Ayreon
02-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I know he makes sick parks so probably. Someone was just talking about it over the mic a bit ago. i also posted the idea in this thread a few weeks ago

edit

searched his profile. found it

SolidMojo
02-28-2013, 03:55 PM
How do people skate the created parks? I find the fps in singleplayer mode quite shit so I always hit up a online freeskate so it doesnt have the park creator "in the background" but at times that can be weird aswell, any hints for smoother sessions or is it just tough luck? Im on ps3 slim 320gb model if that helps.

Dzyne9
04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
I dont really notice it because i pretty much only skate cap. you get the lag after being in too long in online freeskate, but normally that will resolve itself when you swap spots.

Goon_Panda
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
How do people skate the created parks? I find the fps in singleplayer mode quite shit so I always hit up a online freeskate so it doesnt have the park creator "in the background" but at times that can be weird aswell, any hints for smoother sessions or is it just tough luck? Im on ps3 slim 320gb model if that helps.

I don't worry about this because luckily when you upload your clips the framerate goes back to normal. Uploading your clip turns a 3d animation into a video, and the lag happens in the 3d animation mainly due to trees etc.

jbostic92
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Why do park creators put tons of props or garbage bins underneath the map? What purpose does it serve?

Goon_Panda
04-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Why do park creators put tons of props or garbage bins underneath the map? What purpose does it serve?

Sometimes in parks you get replays ending up 90 seconds long, and filling up the prop meter can shorten it to the usual 30 seconds, and sometimes less. This makes it much easier to film with the advanced free camera.

jbostic92
04-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the quick reply Panda.

blitzkow
04-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Sometimes in parks you get replays ending up 90 seconds long, and filling up the prop meter can shorten it to the usual 30 seconds, and sometimes less. This makes it much easier to film with the advanced free camera.

We do it more for they system not to freeze while building it.

jbostic92
04-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah, my Xbox freezes every 30 min while creating a park. Is there still a way to get the dr pepper code, or is it too late?

sk8tatter
04-29-2013, 09:36 PM
while doing the glitch for ps3 since ea shutdown everything does that mean the DLC's in the playstation store go away also? hate to lose the merge glitch also

Dzyne9
04-29-2013, 10:55 PM
I did the merge glitch after the shutdown, seems to be just fine. Im sure they will leave all that nice dlc up for sale. so as long as they are greedy, we should be good.

5879jorge
08-29-2013, 05:00 PM
bump

Goon_Panda
08-29-2013, 09:26 PM
bump

What for

HCH Media
08-30-2013, 07:41 AM
the rails always jump up :/

XImortalDEATHX
08-30-2013, 12:39 PM
the rails always jump up :/

What? Do you mean they earthquake?

Red1676
01-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Quick question. After I bought the Xbox one, it won't let me do the merge glitch anymore. Any way around this? Haven't made parks in a while and went to try today but wouldn't let me do the glitch.

HCH Media
01-13-2016, 04:41 AM
Quick question. After I bought the Xbox one, it won't let me do the merge glitch anymore. Any way around this? Haven't made parks in a while and went to try today but wouldn't let me do the glitch.

whut ? is it out now ? its not showing up to me :-(

i just checkd .. skate 3 is not out jet on the xbox one ...

so you have trouble with the merge glitch on the xbox360 ? i tryed it not long ago and it was still like it used to be

Red1676
01-13-2016, 01:54 PM
whut ? is it out now ? its not showing up to me :-(

i just checkd .. skate 3 is not out jet on the xbox one ...

so you have trouble with the merge glitch on the xbox360 ? i tryed it not long ago and it was still like it used to be

im trying to do it on 360. ever since i got the xbox one, it wont let me. tells me that i need the content to load park or the collision option is gone. its weird.

emericaridr11
01-13-2016, 02:06 PM
im trying to do it on 360. ever since i got the xbox one, it wont let me. tells me that i need the content to load park or the collision option is gone. its weird.
I dont own a XboxOne so excuse me.....

When you get a XboxOne do you just Transfer your Current Xbox360 Gamertag to the XboxOne?
or
Do you make a New Gamertag when you get a XboxOne?

if it is the first one, then it could be possible that you transferred all your DLC to your XboxOne and now your Xbox360 thinks you do not own the SharePack/and Other DLCs that you might have
if this is the case then License Transferring your Gamertag back to the Xbox360 should fix the problem

again I am not sure that is how it even works with XboxOne, just a thought

Red1676
01-13-2016, 04:46 PM
I dont own a XboxOne so excuse me.....

When you get a XboxOne do you just Transfer your Current Xbox360 Gamertag to the XboxOne?
or
Do you make a New Gamertag when you get a XboxOne?

if it is the first one, then it could be possible that you transferred all your DLC to your XboxOne and now your Xbox360 thinks you do not own the SharePack/and Other DLCs that you might have
if this is the case then License Transferring your Gamertag back to the Xbox360 should fix the problem

again I am not sure that is how it even works with XboxOne, just a thought

Yeah I had to transfer gamertag. It won't let me license transfer again till 07/03/2016 because I transfered to xbox one. Shiiit haha

emericaridr11
01-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Yeah I had to transfer gamertag. It won't let me license transfer again till 07/03/2016 because I transfered to xbox one. Shiiit haha
no doubt I hate that waiting period so stupid

SK8_4_FUN
09-14-2016, 05:27 AM
Found this new bowl thing to make: just put a big tit (4 big round hips back to back) in the center of the Danny Way pool. If you put it in the bottom that u just don't hitch up on it, it's just the same size.
And make a big bank from the rollin (it's just one piece wide). You get some sort of round snakerun. Easy to make and fun for hours :D

League32
11-22-2016, 06:41 AM
Hello, folks! If you have a suicidal mood I have interesting idea for you, would you be so kind o read this article about some interesting tips that will make you feel happier. Follow the link http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/why-so-serious-our-tips-will-help-you-to-be-funny