PDA

View Full Version : Roccityroller - The first time you've seen me in OG

Roccityroller
03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Never filmed anything in OG. Cam was still on the tripod from the forza vid, so i played OG for a couple nights and threw a solo together. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpI5ZbGwudo

pawnluvguitarist
03-05-2011, 05:17 AM
:22 was always one of my fav spots, gotta go back there

yes ungrindable roof ender loved that spot

good stuff Roc, really makes me wanna pop in OG again.

knexzor
03-05-2011, 05:23 AM
level design... graphics... lighting...
how could anyone ever refute this being the best skate game?
nice video roc, loved the ungrindables

pawnluvguitarist
03-05-2011, 05:25 AM
level design... graphics... lighting...
how could anyone ever refute this being the best skate game?
nice video roc, loved the ungrindables

I'll give you level design, but lighting? No contest S3 all the way.

For me the best Skating game would take the best from the best:

animation smoothness and city design authenticity from OG
Hardcore, CAP, Cams, tricks ect from S3
Grind balancing system from Thrasher
precision landing/crouch on impact landing system from 1080 Snowboarding
manualing system from THP8, (with the balance meter off, have to watch the board and skater)

sorry for taking this off topic Roc haha

heshfield
03-05-2011, 05:45 AM
Cool vid; shows how much better OG really is--it actually looks like skating.

The lighting in s3 is horrendous; dark areas are so washed out you cant even see your fuckin skater half the time, and it makes filming in those areas a lost cause--theres no way you can say it's better than OG.

thesignguy
03-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Best first of the series video? Maybe
Shame it's really your 400th
Popless were so fun, you had at least one perfect one
You hit a ton of sweet old memories

Shit does look good in og, even with rocs bad capture haha
There was plenty of og spots that you just couldn't see either. The parking garage for one was horrible
But there's more in s3. Colors were by far the best in og, I have never fealt that holy shit look at this feel like I did the first time I played the demo. The blues and grafiti had such bright vivid colors. The animations, layout, colors, pretty much everything in og was the best. Cap, gc, off board, cam is the dif. You could play s3 forever, og you just would wish you could have or do some things that you can now

Roccityroller
03-05-2011, 08:21 AM
thanks guys, i can't even tell you how many times i pressed Y to try to get off my board. lol

embers and i were talking about the same things when i was filming this. Sort of a "skate's greatest hits" give us the flow of OG with all 3 cities, AFC, hardcore mode, and cap and we'd never need another game.

mamba12
03-05-2011, 08:37 AM
thanks guys, i can't even tell you how many times i pressed Y to try to get off my board. lol

this.

and wu-tang + switch rodeo + helmets + embers actually being in a video + sick ug ender = good video

Roccityroller
03-05-2011, 04:51 PM
this.

and wu-tang + switch rodeo + helmets + embers actually being in a video + sick ug ender = good video

Wu tang clan ain't nothin to fuck with, and neither are sw rodeo

MarcoPoloUSN
03-06-2011, 08:20 AM
You could play s3 forever, og you just would wish you could have or do some things that you can now

They should revise the game and release it again... imagine OG Skate... same city... same animations (with walking and better bails), with advanced free cameras, CAPs, GC, teams, and additional tricks...
LIKE butter would be having its 50th anniversary in 2060...

Roccityroller
03-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I may do more of these.. maybe a collabo. idk. there's just so many more spots i want to go back to. I skated San Van to death, but never understood (or took the time to learn) how to film/convert clips. so i just skated.. for hours.

I have 6 complete (100%) careers on my hard drive still. Even the career mode felt fresh (even tho i fucking hated the filming challenges.. go figure)

but yea, i had a ton more spots i wanted to revisit and film, but then i realized i had 40-something clips so i should put them together before i ended up making a 30min OG full length that nobody would watch. lol