PDA

View Full Version : Teams

Jonny Sniper
03-07-2011, 04:24 PM
So, I really would like to be a member of a team, I have one currently but my team mates are just friends in real life, and they aren't.... great. So I want to be in a team that's actually serious about skate considering my whole entire team, basically, don't even play skate anymore. My youtube channel is www.youtube.com/driftan00b. Watch my latest videos, I DO have the filmer pack now, too. If anyone is interested let me know. :) I'd love to hear from you guys. Cheers.

MarcoPoloUSN
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I understand you man...
A lot of us wants to be on teams... its cool... its cool to be a part of something.... with the logos.. team vids... intros etc.
Be you gotta let loose and enjoy yourself here... kick it with your friends cause their your friends

see...
here at fluckit we like to keep "having fun with the game" and "taking the game way too seriously" as far away from each other as possible...

briden
03-07-2011, 10:06 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/TheTeamrocket.jpg

Join me, or the pikachu gets it

MarcoPoloUSN
03-07-2011, 10:10 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/TheTeamrocket.jpg

Join me, or the pikachu gets it

haha

Jonny Sniper
03-08-2011, 03:32 AM
I understand you man...
A lot of us wants to be on teams... its cool... its cool to be a part of something.... with the logos.. team vids... intros etc.
Be you gotta let loose and enjoy yourself here... kick it with your friends cause their your friends

Yeah, I know, but it's not that my friends suck, or that I'm taking the game too seriously, it's just, like you said, I think it would be cool to be a part of and make videos, and my friends won't make videos and skate unrealistically and stuff. I dunno, but if any of you guys are interested, lemme know. And thanks for being kind, Marco.

Jonny Sniper
03-08-2011, 03:32 AM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/briden108/theteamrocket.jpg

join me, or the pikachu gets it

lol

Mr. Anonymous
03-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Alright so...
I've been on plenty of teams since skate 2 dude and it's really not that cool lol.
Some teams are chill to be on, but most teams aren't doing anything right now.

Secondly,
Your video was alright, the music was not skate-esk music in my opinion.
The filming was kind of drastic but everyone films differently.
Watermarks make video unattractive.

Also, I found that my videos got better when I started skating.
Just something i've noticed lol :3.
Keep filming and getting better, you will be on a team in no time man.

Jonny Sniper
03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Alright so...
I've been on plenty of teams since skate 2 dude and it's really not that cool lol.
Some teams are chill to be on, but most teams aren't doing anything right now.

Secondly,
Your video was alright, the music was not skate-esk music in my opinion.
The filming was kind of drastic but everyone films differently.
Watermarks make video unattractive.

Also, I found that my videos got better when I started skating.
Just something i've noticed lol :3.
Keep filming and getting better, you will be on a team in no time man.

Yeah, I just got the filmer pack, aha. And what could I do to improve my filming? Thanks, man.

Wiltzuh
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I know what you're talkin about, but i have never been on team except BLUR skateboards with Marsh and Oth3rGuy but second like "died instantly" cause i havent heard about him for many weeks...And Marsh is my real life friend from other side of country. He doesnt play much anymore so BLUR is doin' it's deathwish before getting buried =) Hope you find something !

MarcoPoloUSN
03-08-2011, 02:01 PM
i have a team... Bonafide Skateboards.. but its not going anywhere... dont have the proper tools...
i need more to get the best out of my team... tools that will make the whole "team" thing fun
i'm trying for Halcyon. if i dont get the spot, i'll have fun by myself, or try a little more with Bonafide

Wiltzuh
03-08-2011, 02:12 PM
i have a team... Bonafide Skateboards.. but its not going anywhere... dont have the proper tools...
i need more to get the best out of my team... tools that will make the whole "team" thing fun
i'm trying for Halcyon. if i dont get the spot, i'll have fun by myself, or try a little more with Bonafide

or you just hang around with "community" like manies are doin'. I have done that too since now. Have also done recruiting stuff so will see what happens. Seems like community is still strong, not meaning just fluckit...whole S3 video makers- + Park Creators- + teams- community. And i'm not quiting for sure. Fluckit is just nice place to "hang around" eh..

Roccityroller
03-08-2011, 02:30 PM
seems like all you dudes are down to be on a team

and you're all wanting to still be active in what's left of the community

and you're all cool dudes..

why don't you... oh idk... start a team?

MarcoPoloUSN
03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
or you just hang around with "community" like manies are doin'. I have done that too since now. Have also done recruiting stuff so will see what happens. Seems like community is still strong, not meaning just fluckit...whole S3 video makers- + Park Creators- + teams- community. And i'm not quiting for sure. Fluckit is just nice place to "hang around" eh..

Fluckit is strong. Its home to a lot of old heads I believe, which is good. Its cool to meet and become friends with them. Some first generation teams are still going strong from what I've heard. Teams like DP and Hoodlum won't die. Newer generation of teams aren't doing much. People haven't been into it.

To be honest.......
I really do want to be into teams. They are incredibly fun, and only serious if you make it serious.
Team activity... full lengths... graphics... sigs… it keeps the community alive. And its interesting to look at.

Seeing the Hoodlum graphics… blogs… intro segments in videos… forums signatures… its just………… cool.
And being involved with LIKEbutter, being featured and shit……. It makes you feel pro. Bladder said it himself.
I want to be apart of that new generation of teams... I want to produce... make shit... and make it legit.

Jonny Sniper
03-08-2011, 03:19 PM
seems like all you dudes are down to be on a team

and you're all wanting to still be active in what's left of the community

and you're all cool dudes..

Not a bad idea, haha. I dunno, I just kind of want to be in a team that's kind of well known (not to sound cocky or that I deserve it, for that matter)

Wiltzuh
03-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Seems like if Marco or i or neither doesnt get to any team, creating own would be nice...maybee.

MarcoPoloUSN
03-09-2011, 05:35 AM
see...

Ive got this (http://likebuttermag.com/forum/topics/bonafide-skateboards-primary). I like the concept of my team... but i need tools. I need an editor... more graphics. Im putting it on hold for a bit. I believe I have other opportunities... aka Halcyon.

Wiltzuh
03-09-2011, 01:23 PM
see...

Ive got this (http://likebuttermag.com/forum/topics/bonafide-skateboards-primary). I like the concept of my team... but i need tools. I need an editor... more graphics. Im putting it on hold for a bit. I believe I have other opportunities... aka Halcyon.

i see. Hopefully you find someone =)

Jonny Sniper
03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
see...

I agree with Brick, but if Halcyon doesn't fall through, would you care to maybe have me and Brick on your team? that would be chill.

Wiltzuh
03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I agree with Brick, but if Halcyon doesn't fall through, would you care to maybe have me and Brick on your team? that would be chill.

Just call me Wiltzuh... It's more familiar and i like it more that brick. =) Brickworkstudios is just my profilenamethingsomething...

Demzilla
03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
my two cents....

i played the game the way ive wanted to from day one...
sure over the time ive cleaned my filming to help cater to my peers and views...
thats the natural progression of our community..
but..
i made film after film over and over in order to be remembered as a serious community member.

obvisouly no well known team is gonna take anyone under 10 solos...
no point..
its and e-risk of there fake e-team and simply no one knowns anyone off a few solos...

being verbal..
pushing out solos...
creativity with editing, ideas, and skating...
these things get you remembered...

work on skating with folk online..
make solos...

you cant have a team without a posse...

let it come to you...

note:...
the og teams that are still around are around because no one on the teams takes it too seriously...

were to busy having fun..

Wiltzuh
03-09-2011, 03:02 PM
my two cents....

sure over the time ive cleaned my filming to help cater to my peers and views...
but..
i made film after film over and over in order to be remembered as a serious community member.

no point..
its and e-risk of there fake e-team and simply no one knowns anyone off a few solos...

being verbal..
pushing out solos...

make solos...

let it come to you...

the og teams that are still around are around because no one on the teams takes it too seriously...

you're absolutely right man !

Jonny Sniper
03-09-2011, 04:22 PM
my two cents....

but..

no point..

being verbal..
pushing out solos...

make solos...

let it come to you...

I agree. I don't take this seriously as it may come off as. Fuck it, I don't even skate in real life, I ride BMX. But y'know, I agree with the under 10 solos thing. I guess I'll have to work for it man.

MarcoPoloUSN
03-09-2011, 11:06 PM
no point..

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/steve777_07/challenge-accepted.png

lol.

good points demz...

i think a good team is a team of friends... who've seen each others videos and has become familiar with each others styles. Good recruits are people who've been good contributers to the community; who are active and progressing. Why would you recruit me? Because I want to produce. I want to have fun with my friends, while making films and coming up with ideas for people to see.

briden
03-10-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't think teams have to be as concrete as some of the most notorious ones are. I consider myself to be on the "slap pals" team, since I've made three full lengths with homies over on the Slap forum. But very few of them (I think only The Bullet and myself) are active in the fakeskate community, nor do they make videos of their own. But we've all got that one thing in common and I'll be putting out our 4th full length vid pretty soon. None of us ever set out to make/be on a team... it just kind of happened.

Roccityroller
03-10-2011, 02:35 AM
I don't think teams have to be as concrete as some of the most notorious ones are. I consider myself to be on the "slap pals" team, since I've made three full lengths with homies over on the Slap forum. But very few of them (I think only The Bullet and myself) are active in the fakeskate community, nor do they make videos of their own. But we've all got that one thing in common and I'll be putting out our 4th full length vid pretty soon. None of us ever set out to make/be on a team... it just kind of happened.

that's how threat started.

we added seks and seamonkey at the beginning of skate three. Other than that it was the same OG crew from the start of S2, cuz we were all in the same boat, we had all played OG but not been active in the community. common interest

look where we are now, shit, I play almost every game i buy/have bought with my teammates. We're homies. theres threat in S3, there's threat in NHL, theres threat in Battlefield, threat in COD, and now theres a Hoodlum Gym in fightnight.

don't get on a team cuz they're "well known", get on a team cuz you're down with the people you're on a team with. Everyone on Threat was 'unknown' when we started threat.

shit, i don't think anyone knew who mamba was til he became a mod here. I can't tell you how many "who the fuck is mamba" comments we got on full lengths.

JUST.
DO.
YOU.

Jonny Sniper
03-10-2011, 03:51 AM
that's how threat started.

we added seks and seamonkey at the beginning of skate three. Other than that it was the same OG crew from the start of S2, cuz we were all in the same boat, we had all played OG but not been active in the community. common interest

look where we are now, shit, I play almost every game i buy/have bought with my teammates. We're homies. theres threat in S3, there's threat in NHL, theres threat in Battlefield, threat in COD, and now theres a Hoodlum Gym in fightnight.

don't get on a team cuz they're "well known", get on a team cuz you're down with the people you're on a team with. Everyone on Threat was 'unknown' when we started threat.

shit, i don't think anyone knew who mamba was til he became a mod here. I can't tell you how many "who the fuck is mamba" comments we got on full lengths.

JUST.
DO.
YOU.

You know, those were amazing points, same with Briden and Marco and Demz. But honestly, its not just a well known team I want to be on, I DO wanna have the Skate 3 homies and shit, because I've not been active on any communities and I've been playing skate since OG. I bought an xbox in 2007 just for skate. So I do kind of consider myself an OG. But I just want some cool people to chill with in Skate, because none of my friends really play or anything. I don't wanna seem desperate btw, I'm just saying that I don't have many people to fakeskateboard with.

Granka
03-10-2011, 05:50 AM
You know, those were amazing points, same with Briden and Marco and Demz. But honestly, its not just a well known team I want to be on, I DO wanna have the Skate 3 homies and shit, because I've not been active on any communities and I've been playing skate since OG. I bought an xbox in 2007 just for skate. So I do kind of consider myself an OG. But I just want some cool people to chill with in Skate, because none of my friends really play or anything. I don't wanna seem desperate btw, I'm just saying that I don't have many people to fakeskateboard with.

Exactly the same thing for me! Expect the active on communities-thing, I´ve been here on Fluckit quite a time now. But the whole thing about having people to sesh with and talk random shit with is something I want too. I only have like one person on Xbox Live that I do that with, but that´s like one time per month :D

jest118
03-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Volunteered Team Captain?

see...
i have never had a team in my life...

cuz the views is why you want a team but you still haven't pursued...
i filmed what i wanted never cared about the views son...

so...
i played the game the way ive wanted to play from day one...

I totally took liberties here.. but this is what I heard/saw in my head.

nolan1053
03-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Probably the only upsides of being on a team are having something to film for, maybe a little recognition and graphics.

mamba12
03-10-2011, 10:55 AM
who the fuck is mamba?

Wiltzuh
03-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Exactly the same thing for me! Expect the active on communities-thing, I´ve been here on Fluckit quite a time now. But the whole thing about having people to sesh with and talk random shit with is something I want too. I only have like one person on Xbox Live that I do that with, but that´s like one time per month :D

Granka maybe we should simetime have good scandinavian sesh !? Do u agree ! That would be fun...other languages sesh than always-english. I dont say i can speak sweden fluently but other sentence there and another there =) And you can speak bit finnish i guess ?

MarcoPoloUSN
03-10-2011, 11:35 AM
who the fuck is mamba?

lol

edit: my last 2 cents (probably)...

people see the famous teams... their looks... their logos... their edits...
people thinks its cool. people want to be apart of that... they want to have cool shit
For example: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5385691.page
The materials... along with being down with the skaters... is apart of the fun. The boards and all that shit.

I fully understand what you guys are saying...
have fun... be yourself... skate how you want. :)
All of that freedom is fun, but being "good" is fun too. Putting effort into the edits... having boards... having intro segments... blogs and shit.

Here's what I want... :D
I want to make films with people who know what they are doing (I want to know what I'm doing as well). At the end, I'd be proud of our productions, and it would be JOY to watch them over and over again.
Full lengths...
Intros...
Promos...
I want to make them for myself, my team, and others. People who do these things contribute to the community. But... the shits gotta be good. I'll have fun of course... but I want to satisfy my viewers, and make my team look good. More than anything... I want to make friends. All that other shit is satisfying, but being down with your skaters is the most important. If I was on a team with cool logos, but I wasn't comfortable with the people.... I'd be out.

However, there are some situations in which you have to let your friends go. If I had a team of friends (who are decent skaters), but one was god AWFUL, he'd have to go. He'd only ruin the vibe of the videos. Good teammates compliment each others skating.

jest118
03-10-2011, 02:38 PM
However, there are some situations in which you have to let your friends go. If I had a team of friends (who are decent skaters), but one was god AWFUL, he'd have to go. He'd only ruin the vibe of the videos. Good teammates compliment each others skating.

He could be the Flavor Flav of the crew.