PDA

View Full Version : Hoodlum: Vice Presents VHS Full Length

iRipper89
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=EJBZGV9Z

Youtube part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QfkZ1inBE
Youtube Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjEi2ugyfg&feature=channel_video_title

Editing props goes to clay.

saunders420
03-09-2011, 06:40 PM
thanks. already watched fattymac and sugaslims part. then it dieded cause of Clay's stupid computer update.

and Im copin that first comment AGAIN!lol just kidding.

Skatehead
03-09-2011, 07:31 PM
who the fuck dubbed over my reaganomics video?
dammm.....
that...was sooo dope...

EDIT..

intro....
such a brilliant idea to do a vhs style video....
i remember the couch did a 80's video in s2 and that was awesome....
this is up there right along with it....

MACK...
what a great opener.....had the right vibe oozing out...
song on point...
line at the university...insane...
banger...you cheated.

SLIM..
wu-tang....win.
something about your trick style works right...dont go changin..
5:02....illest fit award...
flip crook pop in the bank was my fav.....
banger.....soo tech.

STOKED..
funky tune..haha
no ender this one?....guess clay didnt get my threat letters...
nollie fs big tail at rosalita was good....from both angles haha...
fakie cab flip over the the grass fence gap...i hate you..
same goes for your banger! too good...

MILEZ...
one of the first hoodlums to make me feel welcome into the family.....thanks man.
i wasnt really feeling this tune awhole lot...
nollie tre f nose was dope...
banger was crazy lookin as well....but the good kind.

SK8TY..
the song...its a great song, but not great to skate too....sorry bud..
sw fs flip over the rail was dope and the ramp made it that much better..
pole jam 180...soo clean..
ollie up stairs to f nose? are you crazy!?
banger... nice ass dub grind right there..

CLAY..
alright..when i heard the song intro i went nutty inside....
awesome....
so awesome ill honestly say YOUR part was my favorite....
everything screams clayfighter with this part...and even more cuz your WHOLE PART WAS SWITCH..
first i seen in ever...
1st line was so crazy...i kept saying how is he keeping this speed?
rampped bs noseblunt was amazing....i hate you.
perfect lock on the flip 50-50..
banger....another nice ass dub grind right there...

TINK...
song....love it....goes perfect with your style...
first trick out the gate was nice....never seen anyone hit it that way...
feeble pop over the street was so retarded good...
wallie late shov...amazing even more cuz the angle you got..
banger...ANOTHER NICE ASS DUB GRIND!

RIPPER..
ahhh ender...feels good dont it? haha
well deserved buddy...i owe you a beer....
i seriously dont know what to say to this...cuz everything was so good....it went by so fast...
and when parts and video go by fast you were enjoying it...
i just know the last 3 or 4 tricks were sooooooooooooooo fucking good...

everyone did soooo well im very proud of you....
mad props to clay fotr editing this and making it fun to watch...
HOODLUM!

Roccityroller
03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Aww i missed the FIRST comment due to a lacrosse game. Sneaky fucks. Buffering while i shower.

edit: booooo my megavideo premium acct expired a week ago. Wanted to download this.

BladderBoy
03-09-2011, 07:58 PM
It needed 1 more chubby black guy. 3 is better than 2.

Congrats guys. REALLY fun watch. Worthy finale from iRipper. Absolutely loverly.

Tinky
03-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Yayyy.

Clayfighter
03-09-2011, 08:37 PM
part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QfkZ1inBE part 2 soon

Hitmanx123
03-09-2011, 08:44 PM
tinky

Roccityroller
03-09-2011, 09:29 PM
skate 3 is not dead with dudes like you still around. There was some creative ass shit in here. Tinky and Ripper were GREAT closing sections. Really good vibes, even better skating

this was an awesome full length. I like the VHS them, totally reminded me of fucking putting a movie in and trying to adjust the tracking.. i was totally looking for a tracking knob on my laptop

everyone's parts were really good and there was a ton of variety in tricks and spots. Stoked's part fucking ripped too. and Mr. Sk8t's gap up to noseslide stuck in my head.

sorry for no full review, i sat down with a big plate of pasta and a fat ass glass of milk and just took it all in. Very enjoyable watch.

word up on the editing too... for reals... that shit was on point.

MackBoogie
03-09-2011, 10:50 PM
The theme came out hella balla

MarcoPoloUSN
03-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Classy...
classy edit... and classy/creative skating
Its old skool gameplay. Its inspirational.
Those lines..... such hard lines. Hoodlum :)

Benutzer1Oliver
03-10-2011, 02:10 AM
It's rainin FLs ....
yeah it was fun to watch. '54 style = simple edit but insane skating

Shaydee UK
03-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Amazing vid, great edit. Highlights were Mr.Sk8t & Clay for me but all parts were solid and had quality tricks

fallingskyline
03-10-2011, 02:38 AM
whole thing was supergood and entertaining. iripper's part was the shit, that was absolute perfection in every trick, bangers all over. tinky's and mrsk8's part stood out pretty much aswell.
spot and trick selection was perfect in every part and so was the edit.

Stevland
03-10-2011, 03:14 AM
longest fakeskate video i've watched in a while. was way worth it. everyone delivered, tight edit too.

DVC
03-10-2011, 03:59 AM
Really good video guys. Loved the theme, old school vibe. Track selection was really good. Skating was dope, really liked Suga's part, Clay, Tinky & Rip killed it. Stoked on the whole video guys.

Antwan
03-10-2011, 05:27 AM
This is a team vid right here;
Some of the same spots and a few similar ideas gave a nice team sharin spots and shit type feeling..
Nice edit, was worth it.. Enjoyed everyone's stuff
Keep it fake yo.

Clayfighter
03-10-2011, 07:54 AM
I'm glad people are enjoying the video

knexzor
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
you guys make me want to go film lines all day... damn.
vice = control. seriously so damn good. mack had my favourite part, yet everyone did their thing and did it awesome

Skatehead
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm glad people are enjoying the video

it would be alot better if you guys got me some popcorn and soda..
full review on my first post..

punkinate
03-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Holy fuck.....

Everything was on point. Easily the best lines I've ever seen, and a great edit too. You guys have definitely got this shit on lock, good job.

P.S. Clay's character is actually Craig Robinson, just wanted to let everyone know that.

bohemian
03-10-2011, 10:54 AM
tons of great stuff

Jack
03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Part 1 is sick. mac's part is pretty god damn amazing.

Oh my god . . . Clay's part is fucked up. That is your best part of all time Clay. Major Props.

RedScharlach
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
you guys own realism, lines and dub grinds. I can't do half the tricks in this vid and the other half I can't do half as steezily/consecutively in a line. excellent edit, it's crazy how similar all your filming/skating styles are but not in a boring way, makes it feel like a really tight production. also, clayfighter should win the fake jerry hsu lifetime achievement award I think.

m.seven
03-10-2011, 12:57 PM
got the full length fever over here.great job on this vid.the VHS theme was awesome.so much good shit packed in here,my brains still trying to process it all.i wanna put some pounds on my skater now.big and beautiful FTW!

pawnluvguitarist
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
great vid guys...
vhs concept was cool...
tinky's part was my fav, the filming and edit were just sooo good and with the skating to match.
I think IRipper had my fav skating though, so much tech.

great all around guys :)

iRipper89
03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
thanks for the great comments everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
thanks to skatehead for the full review.
and
big thanks to clay for putting up with all the madness that comes with a full

sk8cdt
03-10-2011, 08:57 PM
speachless absoltely incredible, everything was on point, fiming was impeccable, tricks weredisgusting, edit was perfect, 9/10 only for a few iffy song choices

Ayreon
03-10-2011, 09:03 PM
mackboogie

nice quick grinds and low pops. real clean

sugaslim

lots of tail slides.
cool landings on weird ledges and going in different directions.

stokestien

lots of switch work. stall at 8: 15 was cool. where was that?
great landing at 8:50 off the ledge to the sign. creative angles

milez

really good pace. nice and fast. skating with attitude.
just before 11 there was that late flip off a huge pipe or something, not sure where but that was cool.
at 12 mins I hit the same spot in the dharma full length from the platform to the crane base. you have really creative areas ur tricking on
some of the camera work was just a little jerky. try deleting out some keyframes

mr sk8t

lots of low pop and a low pace that matches the song well. good contrast after milez.
a lot of "just barely made it over that thing" when ur gaping.
paced picked up with the song
a lot of short grind having you press a push button to get o ff the grind. this is an underused technique
2: 42 holy shit ur using my abstract buddha deck.
lots of double grinds

clayfighter

love that bail and how it didn't actually show the aftermath. just the initial "o shit". made me lol.
smooth bank to bank at 4:11
good prep in switch for ollies and flip tricks
and a dam lot of switch at that

tinky

ur character looks like moosedave with that hair and stubble :eek: you also got similar styles
opening line with the manny direction change looked tough
stall on ungrindable?
7:13 stall then kickass gap
8:10 short manny on garbage can
8:22 bluntslide I would have missed if i blinked it was so quick. very smooth

iripper

real good speed
deadly low popage
10: 40 ish olling 180 off the short ass ledge end. dam
just barely making it off those grinds to land smoothly. looking really clean and realistic.
a lot of quick popping. ur thumbs are lightening and acurate. a lot of the time its harder to not flip trick and make it got straight up and down to ollie when you want it too. I mean, I never accidentally ollie when im trying to do a flip but when i try to ollie i get a varial kickflip so much it pisses me right off.
liked the song

great fl. sorry to some who i typed less near the beginning. i just got in typing mode later in.

SupaFly
03-11-2011, 12:23 AM
What an incredible video...everyone killed and VICE just took a step up (if that's even possible).Wicked display of talent throughout the entire thing and a great edit & concept to boot.
Hat's off to VICE for blessing us once again with a top notch full length worth downloading and watching repeatedly.

bohemian
03-11-2011, 02:00 AM
i liked mack, slim, clay and tinkys parts the best.

adda89ldn
03-11-2011, 05:23 AM
everyones enders were fucking great. i really liked tinkys part. and ripper was a great end.

loved the edit too clay.

great job!

Gizzler
03-11-2011, 07:39 AM
started to watch this yesterday and after watching the first half i thought.....stop! this deserves a good smoke! problem solved and just watched the whole thing again.... what should i say? im completely blown away!

so much craziness going on! (how many clips where that? shit....) after each part i thought: yes, this was a fucking awesome part! edit was delicious too!

Clayfighter
03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
thanks for the kind words im glad people like it

MarcoPoloUSN
03-11-2011, 05:47 PM
im bout to sit down...

with my pizza and soda...

and watch this shit again

heshfield
03-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Bonus points for naming the video something other than 'Reaganomics' and for delivering on a few classic tunes as usual.

The only thing I didnt like was how long it took to get to Clay's part, but it was worth the wait; one of your best parts. sw heel over the bar--looked like you grabbed the tail, sw fs noseblunt rewind on the gap bank, sw heel bs tailslide, sw fs tail crooks fs nollie flip out..is every trick switch?! I think so..holy shit.

Every part was great--evidence of all the hard work put into them. Mack, MrSk8t, iRipper, and the rest..Tinky's part was especially awesome though--very ender worthy. Clay did a fantastic job editing the entire thing, and not to mention a whole part in switch; yowza!

mamba12
03-11-2011, 07:24 PM
i love this video so much. there wasn't a single clip i didn't like which is so rare. props to clay for getting it done. props to everyone for a sick, sick video.

Hoodlum!

Demzilla
03-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Japan got a tsunami.
I got a lighting storm that destroyed my ethernet in my pc and xbox.
So im fucked for awhile.

Phone love.

You gentlemen did a hell of a job..
Ripps last few gave me heartburn.

Clayfighter
03-12-2011, 08:04 AM
DEMZ ive been wanting you to see this bad boy. and thank you hesh youre one of my favorites too also the "first" vice vid from skate 2 wasnt titled reaganomics it was suppose to be but i didnt like the video so i just put it out untitled

Oddity
03-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Saw this when it was first dropped and that's what my jaw did. A relatively simple edit that reminded of $lave Radio Video but to me the main focus I.E. the skating was the main attraction and; well for lack of better words; attractive it was. I could say how good it was with a breakdown but I'd be sitting here for roughly two hours. Keep being my vice, Vice. More please!

Clayfighter
03-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Glad you liked it

sugAsliMx3
03-15-2011, 02:07 AM
I just watched this video for the 3rd time, and so far I've smiled after each and every time. Job well done fellAz, I'm happy I could be a part of this video, this team, this hood. Everybody rep'd Vice properly *tears*..........
Thanks for getting the edit done Clay, you handled the pressure, dealt with the harassment, and still put together a gem.

HOOD UP........HOEZ DOWN

Clayfighter
03-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks slim how did you like the song in your part magic picked ir

thebullet
03-16-2011, 10:02 AM
can't believe i haven't commented on it. This is the one I've been waiting for. It did not dissapoint, it actually fully blew my mind. Wish I had more time to go into details (or wasn't so lazy) but damn, loved every part. Top 3 would be the final 3. Clay especially, favourite part from you ever. All switch/fakie, don't know how you pulled it off. Remember when you didn't even do the 'true switch' thing? Crazyman. Tinky might get my vote for favourite dude out there right, holy shit. Love the way he approaches this game. So sick. Loved it all. Win!

Clayfighter
03-16-2011, 03:26 PM
YAY bullet got to see it thats another favorite checked off the veiwing list

Clayfighter
03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
i dont like doing this BUT DAMN IT I WORK TOO DAMN HARD TO LET THIS FALL THE WAYSIDE LIKE SOME GRAD SCHOOL WHORE!