PDA

View Full Version : lip tricks

Jonny Sniper
03-11-2011, 06:03 AM
does anyone have tips for lip tricks? most of the time when i try a blunt stall on a quarter or something i either air the quarter or fly out over the coping. please gimme tips?

MarcoPoloUSN
03-11-2011, 06:11 AM
there is a tutorial somewhere on youtube. ill find it later. youtube is blocked where im at right now.

saunders420
03-11-2011, 06:35 AM
right before your underneath the coping pop a small ollie.

adda89ldn
03-11-2011, 07:29 AM
there's many ways.

watch real skate vids and you'll see especially in bowls, skaters will approach at a slight angle, then turn into it, leaning back on the tail a little.

so approach things at a 15 degree angle, manny a tiny bit and powerslide into the direction of the coping, and if you get a little airborne push the left stick forward whilst holding the right stick down.

it takes practice and speed control, and knowing when to pump.

knexzor
03-11-2011, 07:31 AM
tiny powerslide work quite well at times too, depending on how you want to make it look

Roccityroller
03-11-2011, 07:35 AM
pushing up on the right stick while powersliding helps to do slashes.

pawnluvguitarist
03-11-2011, 08:28 AM
i'll give you some of my tips and ideas just for lip tricks in general, the other guys addressed the powersliding, so i'll focus on just straight up no carve or anything:

The most important thing with lip tricks is speed control, getting good at reaching consistant speed or a desired speed is a must.
Work on your set up airs and pumping either with the grab buttons (will give more speed) or up on the left stick ( more control).

What i like to do is use the grab buttons for the set up pumps, but for that final ride up the ramp i always use up on the left stick.
I like to be coming in with enough speed that if i dont hold up at all I stay in the ramp, and if i hold up the whole way i can just air out without an ollie.
That way all I have to do is decide how far up the ramp i need to hold up to get the desired trick.
if the speed im coming in at is as consistent as possible then through trial and error and eventually by feel it becomes a lot easier to know whats needed.

As far as when to pop on the ramp that kind of varies from ramp to ramp. But one thing thats kinda universal is as you are ollieing push up on the left stick.
Holding it will really launch you out, but a quick tap, or holding it just enough to get you're weight up really helps.

Antwan
03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Practice.. try new speeds, angles and reverts into stalls are ugly..
basically what everyone else said..
this goes for everything skateboarding though.. just gotta find that perfect way to do things.. your way.