PDA

View Full Version : New Solo (Watch in HD)

Larmando2
03-15-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bEoscXsdqw

Feel free to comment

pawnluvguitarist
03-16-2011, 09:06 AM
too many bails in my opinion,(especially since a lot of them were on purpose) intro went on a little long...
Filming could use a lot of work, could be a lot smoother/more dynamic angles/less pan back...
Skating was decent, kind of lacking in difficulty/style/creativity...
Edit was actually pretty good, definitely what you did best in this vid...
Overall lots of room for improvement, but still not bad man, keep it up. :)

RedScharlach
03-16-2011, 10:41 AM
yea dude, what pawn said pretty much, but i'd add that you've got some really nice, clean low-speed realistic steeze, but you might want to spice it up in the future by either skating faster or doing more tech stuff. or don't, its just a suggestion, would make for a more engaging vid imo.

briden
03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
First, the good: Fakie nosegrind f/s flip out was beautiful. Bigflip carlsbad was a nice touch. Crook pop-over first angle was really super good.

I really enjoyed your editing style. Realistic, put the skating to the music (instead of just throwing a track over you clips), easy to watch.

Filming as a whole was quite solid, but the foot going into the camera @ 1:15 is easily avoidable and just looks bad. I wouldn't say there were too many bails, but the ones you put in definitely went on for too long. Cutting the ends of those clips would have been good for two reasons: 1. It's boring looking at a lifeless body on the ground, and 2. It really didn't work with the song/edit. If the bails ended around :23 where the song picked up, IMO that would have been much more natural.

But keep it up, I liked this and you can only improve in the future.

Larmando2
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
thanks (everyone) and I'll try!