PDA

View Full Version : GFAQS replicant

replicant
03-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Hey all, been around since the tail end of OG Skate. Mostly on the GameFAQS (Skate 1-3 Xbox 360) forums and some on the EA Official Forums. I've mainly skated with the GFAQS Crew, Goons, and randoms in S2 and S3. Never done anything I can think of to stand out in the community whether video or graphic wise, but I am a big supporter of the franchise and skating in general. I've had a board IRL since Christmas 1978 (I was 5 with my CAL 240 flex board... RAWR!) so I've skated almost 33 years or so. I'm the old guy you see grinding a K-Mart curb at 5am. ^^

Been a lurker here just a little bit and a fan of many of the people here (from the EA forums) in footage, graphics, and attitudes. I'm liking that Fluckit and LB are trying to keep alive what EA abandoned and we the community don't want to let rest.

I've been a gamer since PONG (Many of the Knock-Offs) and worked in the console industry for a short while as a Beta Tester and R&D Consultant. My favorite company that I worked for was Z-Axis Ltd which I became a huge fan of after Thrasher: Skate and Destroy (Best Skating Game prior to Skate) and Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (Still the best Freestyle BMX Game). For them I got to work on DMFBMX: Maximum Remix, DMFBMX 2, BMX XXX, and Aggressive Inline. Left the company during the Activision debacle. Nuff Said...

Top 3 Fave IRL Skaters: Steve Caballero, Rodney Mullen, Mike Vallely
Top 3 Fave Faux Skaters: EternalREWIND, The Orange Mage, pawnluvguitarist
Fave GC'ers: Tex Freeman, IIIIKILROYIIII

Sorry, for the live journal entry instead of an intro so I'll leave with... /wave

MarcoPoloUSN
03-18-2011, 04:38 AM
classy intro. welcome to fluckit. i'll add you... maybe we could have a good ole online session

edit: I know you from EA. You are a common name there (to me).

Ohmidineffect
03-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Welcome to fluckit dude! Hopefully with everyone moving here we'll be able to keep everything alive.

Roccityroller
03-18-2011, 09:12 AM
i like the influx of new faces here. Lets me know that this shit ain't going nowhere.

welcome home.

replicant
03-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Yup, hoping to help keep Skate alive as long as possible.

Gizzler
03-22-2011, 07:16 AM
....since Christmas 1978 (I was 5....

welcome man! another dude from 1973....such a good vintage! i think we both are the grandpas around... :rolleyes:

first game i played excessively: donkey kong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhFV5-qbbIw) still love that soundtrack somehow...hahaha!

DonVigo
03-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Rep! You done got followed!

replicant
03-24-2011, 04:15 AM
welcome man! another dude from 1973....such a good vintage! i think we both are the grandpas around... :rolleyes:

first game i played excessively: donkey kong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhFV5-qbbIw) still love that soundtrack somehow...hahaha! 1973 is most definitely an excellent vintage. Being the elders we get to smack these kids with our canes. Donkey Kong ate a lot of my quarters. Back as a kid my town had 6 arcades so I always had a pocket full of quarters when I was skating. Back when our boards weighed as much as we did... AND WE LIKED IT! -shakes cane at the new fangled hoodlums-

replicant
03-24-2011, 04:16 AM
Hi Rep! You done got followed!
I do love a good stalker to keep me on my toes. =)

DonVigo
03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I do love a good stalker to keep me on my toes. =)

It's only stalking if they don't know you're there. I'm not clever enough to be anything less than a lurker.

replicant
03-24-2011, 10:39 AM
It's only stalking if they don't know you're there. I'm not clever enough to be anything less than a lurker.
Noted... Stalker is in denial and trying to use logic. -must steal his wheels-

DonVigo
03-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Noted... Stalker is in denial and trying to use logic. -must steal his wheels-

Hey, I rode in the early 90's, I know what it is to pretty much ride on your bearings!

replicant
03-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Hey, I rode in the early 90's, I know what it is to pretty much ride on your bearings!
Ah, the good ol' days of bearing sleeves called wheels and no truck riser pads. I think I still have decks where they didn't break as much as they had trucks come up through them. ^^

DonVigo
03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I still to this day prefer a wheel size above 56mm and usually ride two sets (1/4") worth of riser pads. I think I got it from that era.

Krome
03-24-2011, 11:00 PM
<--- McFinnegan.

I usually just roll up in here in lurk mode to watch everyone's vids a couple times a week. I was actually a little surprised that you weren't a regular around here when I signed up, replicant.

replicant
03-25-2011, 04:20 AM
I still to this day prefer a wheel size above 56mm and usually ride two sets (1/4") worth of riser pads. I think I got it from that era.

Heh, my current board is a Santa Cruz "Skateboarding is not a Crime" Deck which has 55mm Spitfire Manslaughters (Found them tucked away in my cars rear hatch ^^) and Indy Trucks with no riser pads. Not far away from what I rode in the 90's, but at least my pants aren't big enough for 3 people to wear them now. I'm currently trying to steal some decks from my bestfriend. He quit skating long ago, but going through his attic he found two mid-late 80's Hawk and McGill decks. They will be mine eventually as they would be sexy for some pool fun. The McGill is chewed on the tail a little, but the Hawk is seriously cherry.

<--- McFinnegan.

I usually just roll up in here in lurk mode to watch everyone's vids a couple times a week. I was actually a little surprised that you weren't a regular around here when I signed up, replicant.
Heya Fin, I joined quite awhile back, but just stayed in lurker mode as well. I wasn't a member of any of the OG teams, so never gave much notice to myself. Being a huge fan of the game I knew that the GameFAQS Skate 1-3, EA, and SA/Goon Forums being virtually dead wouldn't sustain me. So, I knew it was time to become more vocal in the community of Fluckit. With Fluckit and LB we have familiar faces, people still pushing the games limits, and a solid network of people who still love the game. Maybe I can actually learn to film now. =)

DonVigo
03-25-2011, 10:29 AM
I have a Flip Rune Glifberg P2 deck, one regular little set of risers, Ace Trucks, and some Bones STF 54mm's as my newer set up and a wider Powell Mini Logo on Indy's with 2 sets of pads and some street style 60mm Sector 9 wheels. I'm trying to downsize the stuff and try and re learn some street, but man, it's odd getting used to a new setup at this age. My Indy's have been my go-to trucks for like 7 years, same pair!

DonVigo
03-25-2011, 10:30 AM
<--- McFinnegan.

MCF!!! Seriously?! Of all the little coffee shops in all the towns, you had to walk into mine! AWESOME!

Corrine
03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
1973 is most definitely an excellent vintage. Being the elders we get to smack these kids with our canes. Donkey Kong ate a lot of my quarters. Back as a kid my town had 6 arcades so I always had a pocket full of quarters when I was skating. Back when our boards weighed as much as we did... AND WE LIKED IT! -shakes cane at the new fangled hoodlums-

I made this pic ages ago in the knowledge that one day it'd come in useful.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/corrinemil/fluckit-seniors.jpg

replicant
03-26-2011, 03:46 AM
I have a Flip Rune Glifberg P2 deck, one regular little set of risers, Ace Trucks, and some Bones STF 54mm's as my newer set up and a wider Powell Mini Logo on Indy's with 2 sets of pads and some street style 60mm Sector 9 wheels. I'm trying to downsize the stuff and try and re learn some street, but man, it's odd getting used to a new setup at this age. My Indy's have been my go-to trucks for like 7 years, same pair!Throughout the 80's I used Tracker, Gullwing, Venture, Grind King, Z Roller, etc and I always went back to Indy's. Been using them as my main truck for 20+ years.

replicant
03-26-2011, 03:47 AM
I made this pic ages ago in the knowledge that one day it'd come in useful.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/corrinemil/fluckit-seniors.jpgNice, a new picture has been snagged. ^^

MarcoPoloUSN
05-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Someone's waiting on your recliner...

http://www.lazyboyportland.com/images/lazyboy-free-recliner.jpg

Her name is Portia and she can skate better than Sue.

replicant
05-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Someone's waiting on your recliner...

http://www.lazyboyportland.com/images/lazyboy-free-recliner.jpg

Her name is Portia and she can skate better than Sue.I Approve!