PDA

View Full Version : What new tricks have you learned this year?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Antwan
08-13-2011, 05:29 AM
One foot manual is such a fun trick.. Got them pretty far today

pawnluvguitarist
08-13-2011, 04:32 PM
One foot manual is such a fun trick.. Got them pretty far today

nice, one foot nosemanuals too? Nothing more fun than one foot nosemanuals as fast as you can go...

Antwan
08-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Never been a nose manual person maybe ill try them soon I filmed one I assume its visible because I immediately recieved hate http://youtube.com/watch?v=LxZIE96M36I

pawnluvguitarist
08-15-2011, 01:40 PM
got a few no comply impossibles, baby steps, still wanna get a legit impossible

Antwan
08-15-2011, 02:39 PM
The vertical one or the 360 shuv? Ive gotten a few vertical but seems more possible because its one footed.. Id like to get the 360 shuv vertical having that sounds crazy.. would be sick though.

briden
08-15-2011, 03:06 PM
The vertical one or the 360 shuv? Ive gotten a few vertical but seems more possible because its one footed.. Id like to get the 360 shuv vertical having that sounds crazy.. would be sick though.

360 shuvs are not impossibles; never believe that they are.

Antwan
08-15-2011, 03:36 PM
From what ive seen its a one footed 360 shuv at an angle id like a vertical wrap around mid air type trick

pawnluvguitarist
08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Some people use more angle than others, but an impossible is basically the board doing a backflip, wrapping around your back foot. If you look at Mullen's, they're completely vertical. The ones I were getting had a little angle to them, but definitely weren't sloppy enough to be considered 360 shuvs

briden
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
From what ive seen its a one footed 360 shuv at an angle id like a vertical wrap around mid air type trick

Now that impossibles are cool again, everybody and their mom are doing 360 shuvs with the back foot on the board and claiming it's an impossible. See 4:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTtzx2W8Rz8&feature=related

But on the other hand you've got guys like Dylan doing legit impossibles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjMPg3lK_gM&feature=related

Antwan
08-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Stand by what I said man the way they start it is like a shuv so it isnt entirely vertical

briden
08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Stand by what I said man the way they start it is like a shuv so it isnt entirely vertical

That's just ridiculous, man. No one has ever done a straight vertical impossible... because it's impossible. Human anatomy doesn't allow for it. Even Rodney's toe hook impossibles are angled, and that'd be the easiest way to do them.

Antwan
08-15-2011, 05:49 PM
I dont think it has anything to do with anatomy who can say theyve honestly tried a new approach to the impossible? Ive got them vertical with a foot planting, just give me some time.

pawnluvguitarist
08-15-2011, 06:18 PM
huge boneless on a bank to manual

briden
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I dont think it has anything to do with anatomy who can say theyve honestly tried a new approach to the impossible? Ive got them vertical with a foot planting, just give me some time.

Step off impossibles are an entirely different beast because you get to step away from your back leg and the board can wrap freely and avoid the knee. When you pop it legit, you stay above the board and you can't get your leg far enough away for it to go straight up and not hit your knee/shin. People have been doing impossibles for almost 20 years now, if it could be done vertical it would have by now.

pawnluvguitarist
08-15-2011, 08:11 PM
thats exactly whats happening to me trying impossibles now without the footplant. I keep hitting myself right in the inside of the knee, you need a little bit of angle.

xI blisk Ix
08-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I did a no comply impossible to manny took an hour but was well worth it

MF JORDAN
08-16-2011, 01:26 AM
i got late front shoves this week cause of this guy :) .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfe7qvE7rHA

briden
08-16-2011, 03:35 AM
thats exactly whats happening to me trying impossibles now without the footplant. I keep hitting myself right in the inside of the knee, you need a little bit of angle.

Are you trying them on your freestyle shape? I couldn't imagine even trying that trick without concave (yes I know it's been done, but still...), best of luck to ya.

i got late front shoves this week cause of this guy :) .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfe7qvE7rHA

I have every intention of going out and learning those tomorrow.

pawnluvguitarist
08-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Yeah Briden, I use my freestyle board for everything except bert slides. I've got super soft filmer wheels, so theres zero sliding out.

experienceosiris
08-16-2011, 09:59 AM
got a few no comply impossibles, baby steps, still wanna get a legit impossible

since we were talking about impossibles, i thought id show one of mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImONrTVmrc Not completely vertical but you can clearly see it wraps. (But somehow theres still people arguing that mine are 3 shoves.) Plus with 3 shoves being a trend-trick now and everyone doing them like shane oneill makes it questionable which ones are 3 shoves vs impossibles. It all comes down to the person doing the trick to actually feel the difference. i know i do impossibles and i can get it vertical at times but its not the most comfortable feeling unless its diagonal

Boxerman08
08-16-2011, 11:48 AM
how you do them Tom is, imo, the best looking ones. You've got them on lock, so clean with the rotation and all

MF JORDAN
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
I love Ed Templeton's impossible wich is the "legit" way.
but i also like David Gonzalez's Impossible kinda more 3 shove like.
mainly cause thats the way i do them. i guess i get more "pop" on em..
(would love to do them more classy but what ever i guess) lol

briden
08-16-2011, 03:31 PM
since we were talking about impossibles, i thought id show one of mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImONrTVmrc

That's what's up, real clean.

On the topic of straight vertical tricks, I found this old clip (NOT me) from a Euro S.K.A.T.E. contest a while back, really wild shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCucgxqIRiA

pawnluvguitarist
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
thats crazy...

imagine like 10 years from now, guys are gonna have that flip into grinds and stuff

Antwan
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Dude sick vids dudes kinda ironic you shared that briden but thats how I pictured it in my head fucking bizzare.. I have to learn it now

Antwan
08-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Wallrides on fences and one foot revert to fakie hand varial flip

DonVigo
08-17-2011, 06:56 PM
I got the signature 5-0 slash nosegrab, but on a 11 foot wall with plenty of vert and pool coping.

Wanna talk about scary?!

pawnluvguitarist
08-18-2011, 05:04 AM
fuck 11 foot walls haha, scary shit

DonVigo
08-18-2011, 10:22 AM
It's one of those "it's only scary the first time" kinds of tricks. Honestly man, if I wasn't on this end of the screen watching your progression, I probably wouldn't have started pushing myself so hard this year to do new shit in the first place. As I see it, you're still the master of personal progression, I'm just going a little bigger every time I go out.

Well, that and I have a buddy who I've gotten back into skating. On day one, dude wouldn't drop in on a 3 foot quarter I learn ALL my tricks on (curved pocket in all my vids) and now I've got him dropping in on the six foot walls and learning to carve the bowl. Hoping to get him into grinds by the end of summer. If he's with me, I'll try something really big to stoke him out. Kinda the "if he can do it, I can do it" approach.

But, it's all my homies both physical and internetal that are keeping me going. Thanks, Pawn, Antwan, and all the rest of ya's!

Screw
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Just starting to really get back into skating every day again now that the snow's gone. Been getting a bunch of new tricks, feels great just thought i'd share, so what tricks have you guys been working on or just learned this season?

boneless 540 manual spin
footplant 1640 manual spin
1 foot 900 manual spin
1 foot 360 shuv landing one foot

switch hardflip
switch tre

p1ayrTh3 Ru13
08-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Been able to land this year:
Fakie Half cab kickflip
pop shove it late heel
truckstand
gymnast plant

Tricks trying to land:
Switch 180 tre' flip
manual to pop shove it to nose manual
kickflip/heelflip underflip

Antwan
08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Flatground and vert sounds like youre all over player got any footage?

p1ayrTh3 Ru13
08-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I had some, but my camera got busted before i could get it off. I'm probably gonna start recording again when school start for photo class, after i work on cleaning up some of the landings first though.

pawnluvguitarist
08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
pogo'd down a bank, like 10 hops or so, weird feeling trick, very fun.

Antwan
08-26-2011, 03:49 AM
One foot manual morse code tap.. Feels goofy.

DonVigo
08-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Only got one of these super sktech, and don't even know what to call it.

Approach QP to turn frontside, pop up placing the front foot on the coping or deck, basically no comply the boards nose into your front hand while pivoting on the planted foot, use nosegrab to lead board back onto it's tail on the coping, place front foot back on board and ride away happy.

Frontside no comply nose grab body jar??? What the heck am I doing!?

briden
08-26-2011, 09:33 PM

Approach QP to turn frontside, pop up placing the front foot on the coping or deck, basically no comply the boards nose into your front hand while pivoting on the planted foot, use nosegrab to lead board back onto it's tail on the coping, place front foot back on board and ride away happy.

Like this @9:15?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoHnv9U7aRI&feature=player_detailpage#t=555s

If it doesn't have some goofy name from the 80's (which everyone forgot by the 90's), I'd call it a iceplant to tail.

knexzor
08-28-2011, 04:24 AM

tricks like those are referred to as 'sweepers' where I'm from

briden
08-28-2011, 01:27 PM
tricks like those are referred to as 'sweepers' where I'm from

Sweepers are where you plant the back foot. DV is planting the front foot.

Sweepers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HVBSWSQ_UA

DonVigo
09-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Dude, you may have just turned me onto something.

Yeah, same basic thing, but with the front foot going down and not so much of a pop.

Got one very fluidly the other day. Been hitting one or two ugly ones every 10 tries or so though, so it'll come along sooner or later.

I'm going to try this ish next, though. Looks fun.

I want a mini-ramp in my garage!!!

DonVigo
09-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Went to the big park today. Got a frontside slash on my first wall I've been trying to get all summer (the first wall is at least a foot higher than the one you drop in on) and an ally-oop spin slide thing. Approach wall as if you'd be carving frontside, but ally-oop powerslide and come out forward.

And... OH! Rock to fakies on the 6' with massive coping.

Good day.

a red bicycle
09-04-2011, 10:04 PM
got the closest i've ever been to landing a hand rail today. i definitely dont count it tho. it was just a 4 stair and i landed sketchy as fuck (both hands on the ground. just barely hanging on to the board). plus, it was only a bs boardslide. so i would feel like a douche if i said i landed it. but still. that just means its right around the corner. so im pretty excited

quantum ch33ze
09-16-2011, 08:27 PM
i got overcrooks like 2 weeks ago, and im working on fakie inward heels and regualr inward heels, just gotta stick em with my front foot, same with my fakie tres

knexzor
09-17-2011, 07:07 AM
tranny: bs boneless (the plant, you know), sweeper, iceplant, blunt to back disaster, blunt to 5-0, back smith stall to rocknroll
street: fs and bs blunts (on flatbar, so more like tailslides really), fs overcrook, got my 360flips back... thats whats new

pawnluvguitarist
09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
No comply up a 3 stair step up

Finally got fully extended one handed fs Bert slides, they feel great when you really get low and tweak it out

briden
09-20-2011, 05:13 PM
No comply up a 3 stair step up

Bouncing a legit no comply off a stair or a parking block is one of the best feelings. Can you do them with the flip?

pawnluvguitarist
09-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Bouncing a legit no comply off a stair or a parking block is one of the best feelings. Can you do them with the flip?

i've got a few no comply heelflips and impossibles, and no comply hardflips pretty consistent. Dont think i've ever really tried the kickflip variation. Honestly nothing feels better than just a straight no comply though, completely different trick than all the variations, will always feel the best, especially when popping 2-3 decks high :)

NotedDerk
09-27-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm extremely excited over finally landing this so I feel I should share.

Landed a bs big spin hippy flip through a flat bar today, was so stoked.

pawnluvguitarist
09-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm extremely excited over finally landing this so I feel I should share.

Landed a bs big spin hippy flip through a flat bar today, was so stoked.

Sick man,

That's one I've tried but never could fully commit to.

andreas
09-28-2011, 03:19 PM
started skating last month. pretty stoked.
pop-shuvs, ollies, manuals, 180's, everything switch, dropped in, bertslides, hill bombs. Working on grinds and higher ollies.

agusbmxarg
09-28-2011, 05:37 PM
started skating last month. pretty stoked.
pop-shuvs, ollies, manuals, 180's, everything switch, dropped in, bertslides, hill bombs. Working on grinds and higher ollies.

Thats great man! You still riding the bike?

andreas
09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Thats great man! You still riding the bike?

yeah man I just got flat 3's dialed in and now I'm building a skatespot so I can practice skating AND riding. Maybe even snowboarding and snowskating.

agusbmxarg
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
yeah man I just got flat 3's dialed in and now I'm building a skatespot so I can practice skating AND riding. Maybe even snowboarding and snowskating.

dude thats nice. I wish I could skate too. Maybe someday...

andreas
09-29-2011, 06:34 PM
dude thats nice. I wish I could skate too. Maybe someday...
just get a board and make sure the griptape is fresh and grippy. That's all you need.

a red bicycle
09-30-2011, 09:59 PM
pogo'd down a bank, like 10 hops or so, weird feeling trick, very fun.
hahaha thats awesome.

a new trick that I learned was a "fakie bigspin no-comply" ... whatever the #2 trick is in this video. I go them sketchy but they're real fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sd7vq318s&feature=related

andreas
10-02-2011, 08:34 AM
how the fuck do you do that stuff?

a red bicycle
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
how the fuck do you do that stuff?
Well you just kinda get gnarly

mrkd. matt
10-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah I love no comply tricks like that
Not really hard once you figure them out

pawnluvguitarist
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah I love no comply tricks like that
Not really hard once you figure them out

You're right, they're really not. I always say the straight up no comply is the hardest of them all. I've seen quite a few people that got tonnes of variations but cant just do a regular no comply. Kinda cool how that works...

mrkd. matt
10-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah right now I'm trying to get regular no complys nice so im just doing em over everything
On another note I dropped in for my first time today (lol) and it wasn't hard at all. It's already natural. And after getting comfortable with it I learned axle stalls, feeble stalls, and 5-0 stalls. Simple stuff really isn't that hard

pawnluvguitarist
10-10-2011, 04:23 PM
1440 manualspin shuv

1 foot 360 shuv manual 360 shuv out :)

a red bicycle
10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
^^nice.
i just got a hang ten fs shuv.

a red bicycle
10-16-2011, 12:47 AM
I was at local park today and got a 5-0 fs 180 out. Not hard of trick at all, but its by far one of the funnest/best feelings grind i can do.

pawnluvguitarist
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Slappy 50-50 to fs board on a parking block
Slappy Fs board 270 pivot out
Wrap around pogo to casper

pawnluvguitarist
11-02-2011, 03:42 PM
1 foot 360 shuv to manual slappy bosardslide a parking block
bs 540 bert slide

unplannedman
11-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't know if it's the proper name, but I just learned frontside body jars

NeedsMoreTP
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Im learning to just cruise efficiently over marble, sewers and rough surfaces..
So much fun. Looking for spots too.. if anyone is in Newyork I'm near Willamsburg in Brooklyn.
-- so far I've found a spot with some mellow rails ledges and benches near the Pier.

knexzor
11-03-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't know if it's the proper name, but I just learned frontside body jars
Fs makes it Lien to tail

pawnluvguitarist
11-07-2011, 03:48 PM
not really a new trick, but just completely cleaned up my fs 360 bert slides. Full extension, basically laying on the ramp at one point, so fun

Antwan
11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Well I'm getting more done than I ever thought I would with natural terrain..
Found a mellow spot where I've done a manual up ledge crook down it
Starting to go big with acid drops..
as well as caveman variations..
got a slick ass trick today.. Not sure what to call it.. uh.. caveman one foot tailslide or something.. looks legit feels great.. so many sick ass low ledges around NY.

Antwan
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Got caveman slides almost everytime with an acutal drop in to the ledge Finger flip out.. 360 hand shuv out and hand varial flip out

Found a dope spot in the park to get a richie jackson style under rail pop under hop on deal.. loving that

Got a ton of manual combinations I don't think anyone does.. kinda cheesy but they are pretty technical too.

Skateboarding is a great time for me right now I couldn't be more pleased with how fast things are becoming fluid and how many ideas I am coming up with on the spot.

NotedDerk
11-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Found a dope spot in the park to get a richie jackson style under rail pop under hop on deal.. loving that

haha, just saying hippie jump would have been easier to type and understand, that's cool though, I need to learn hippie kickflips.

Antwan
11-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah well what do you call the one he does with his hand though is it a caveman?
That's the one I'm talking about..

Boxerman08
11-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Skateboarding is a great time for me right now I couldn't be more pleased with how fast things are becoming fluid and how many ideas I am coming up with on the spot.

I wish I could find the time to skate, or even the motivation. I didn't always really like skating alone, but with work and school at the same time, it blows lol hardly any free time, and when I do have free time, I just chill with friends or whatever... I can't wait to find the time to skate. And right now, with fkn winter coming up, I won't be able to skate for the next 4-5 months...

DonVigo
11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Question for the jury: If you approach a wall (transition) where you would naturally turn frontside, but two seventy into a feeble (wheels on deck) it's a hurricane... Is it a sugarcane if you're going the opposite direction and leave your front wheels hanging into the tranny like a ally oop 270 smith???

If it's a sugarcane, that was the last trick I learned... Or I just spin around all funny and go backwards on my back truck with my front wheels dipped. Not sure.

a red bicycle
11-13-2011, 08:35 PM
dont wanna start a thread so imma post mah videos hereee.
an ollie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBu-nXiOnI

and me messing up my ankle a little bit back. the initial pain was both my knees but then i soon found out that it hurt to walk..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZw3hx6sajc

edit: and not to ignore you DonVigo but i have no idea

DonVigo
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
edit: and not to ignore you DonVigo but i have no idea

No worries, my man. One HELLUVA ollie you've got.

replicant
11-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Question for the jury: If you approach a wall (transition) where you would naturally turn frontside, but two seventy into a feeble (wheels on deck) it's a hurricane... Is it a sugarcane if you're going the opposite direction and leave your front wheels hanging into the tranny like a ally oop 270 smith???

If it's a sugarcane, that was the last trick I learned... Or I just spin around all funny and go backwards on my back truck with my front wheels dipped. Not sure.

FS Hurricane = BS Sugarcane
BS Hurricane = FS Sugarcane

Hurricane = Boardslide Setup
Sugarcane = Lipslide Setup

Now you know the basics of when retards name tricks.
Fuck Neil Blender!

madsser
11-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Just got my kickflips back to normal....
treflips too..

varial heels are easy, Inward heels are ALMOST on lock.

got crooks on rail finally,
bs blunt on ledge finally as well (been like 3 months practicing that shit)

Switch blunt in tranny....

Saw a dude do a blunt airwalk/fingerflip out iin tranny the other day...he broke my mind...my new hero..

Also, benihannas<3<3

Antwan
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I wish I could find the time to skate, or even the motivation. I didn't always really like skating alone, but with work and school at the same time, it blows lol hardly any free time, and when I do have free time, I just chill with friends or whatever... I can't wait to find the time to skate. And right now, with fkn winter coming up, I won't be able to skate for the next 4-5 months...
Just gotta do it man.. that motivation will drive you through it if you let it.. Surround yourself with only skaters once a week obviously don't ditch on plans but plan ahead.. maybe even more than once a week after you get warmed up.

I usually have to walk like 8 blocks everyday here in NY just to skate but that motivation keeps me pushing..
I've gained my stanima back and working on even more of it.. skating full days when I can.
to my surprise people are digging this stuff I guess that's why I assumed a little taste was ok for my teaser.. but it's all good. Having people cheer you on for your obscurities is awesome.. People that don't skate and skaters alike.. can't stress how great the atmosphere for skating is here.

Conquered some steep ass banks today.. upping my confidence.. got another caveman tail slide today fingerflip out.. busted ass but I've never felt better.. got them dialed on flat ledges and working on hubbas.

Still working on halfpipe manuevers trying to get the manual up board tap piv manual back down just keep slipping up so three parts to it I would say..
1.Manual up
2.Board tap side of halfpipe from manual
3.slight pivot manual down.. keep slipping up.. the halfpipe is steep but not incredibly I mean I can get the first two parts.

Boxerman08
11-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Just gotta do it man.. that motivation will drive you through it if you let it.. Surround yourself with only skaters once a week obviously don't ditch on plans but plan ahead.. maybe even more than once a week after you get warmed up.

I usually have to walk like 8 blocks everyday here in NY just to skate but that motivation keeps me pushing..
I've gained my stanima back and working on even more of it.. skating full days when I can.
to my surprise people are digging this stuff I guess that's why I assumed a little taste was ok for my teaser.. but it's all good. Having people cheer you on for your obscurities is awesome.. People that don't skate and skaters alike.. can't stress how great the atmosphere for skating is here.

There's nothing good or even skate-able really within a pretty big radius. I have to take a buses/metros to get to something decent. A place I used to go often is like 45 minutes away by bus, so it's definitely a bitch to waste so much time travailing. I don't know many people that skate around where I live anymore as well, so it's that much harder to skate with friends. Honestly, if it was just 8 blocks away, I would walk/skate that shit anytime :p

I've been to NY before though, and it does look like an amazing place to skate, I envy you for that :p

Antwan
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah I guess man.. if you don't just enjoy cruising you might just take that trip when you can if you want to..
you sound like you want to but you won't give in.. no changing who you are!

I've been messing with front foot bonks planting the back foot
Thinking about taking it to walls and into manuals.. rainy today however so just thoughts of this.

Boxerman08
11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
well the thing is, if I have someone I know who's down to skate, I'm ready to travel if I can easily get there by bus/metro/train lol but nearly everyone I know stopped skating, and only a few still keep at it, but we don't have the same schedule really so it's hard to skate. I'll hopefully be more into it when spring comes around, since canadian winters are harsh as fuck lol snow for the next 4-6 months... I'll be skating (or try to) once a week at an indoor park, but doing that could become expensive in the long run. 15$/4hr session (approx.), but I'm still ready to do that haha

pawnluvguitarist
11-20-2011, 07:56 AM
1 foot 270 shuv boardslide on a parking block

replicant
11-20-2011, 08:10 AM
1 foot 270 shuv boardslide on a parking block
I need footage. Sounds funky looking.

pawnluvguitarist
11-20-2011, 08:24 AM
I need footage. Sounds funky looking.

cameras been dead for weeks, hopefully new footy at some point.

Yeah, its really a weird trick. I started by first doing 1 foot 360 shuv its to manual right next to the parking block, then quickly turning the manual into the boardslide. Just slowly doing less and less manual until it was landing right in the boardslide

briden
11-20-2011, 10:00 AM
That sounds sick! Still on your custom shape deck?

pawnluvguitarist
11-20-2011, 10:49 AM
That sounds sick! Still on your custom shape deck?

yeah, im on to my second one, almost totally chipped away, but i dont wanna start a new set up till winters over.

Antwan
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
yeah, im on to my second one, almost totally chipped away, but i dont wanna start a new set up till winters over.
I hear that man but some dude hooked me up with a bunch of decks
I usually shape them just by skating around but certain points get jank and cut me started wearing gloves..
something about my current deck too I've had it for quite some time hard to let go even though it's starting to split from the bolts.

Got manuals to front foot bonks

started manualing up turn manual down on this half-pipe

Got spacewalks into a steep ass bank hauling ass haha so fun

Got A Few sal-flip variations.. Nollie Hand varial flip
still working at the 540 shuv variant.

Shit ton of caveman variations I can't even explain you'd probably have to see them.. I'll try to explain one though
Roll up pop the board into my hand, jump 180 and stand on the side of a tall bank, jump from the bank to one foot tailslide a fairly high ledge next to the tall bank.

a red bicycle
11-20-2011, 07:44 PM
SWITCH FS 360s.. thanks to my friend. forreal i owe it all to him

replicant
11-21-2011, 05:18 AM
cameras been dead for weeks, hopefully new footy at some point.

Yeah, its really a weird trick. I started by first doing 1 foot 360 shuv its to manual right next to the parking block, then quickly turning the manual into the boardslide. Just slowly doing less and less manual until it was landing right in the boardslide
Sucks about the cam, but I do look forward to seeing it at some point.
Bet you need a fair speed to keep the boardslide smooth looking which could lead to some nasty falls.

something about my current deck too I've had it for quite some time hard to let go even though it's starting to split from the bolts.
My Santa Cruz deck is finally splitting at the bolts, but I refuse to replace it until my trucks come through the deck.
I have it too comfortable right now to break in a new one.

pawnluvguitarist
11-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Sucks about the cam, but I do look forward to seeing it at some point.
Bet you need a fair speed to keep the boardslide smooth looking which could lead to some nasty falls.

i wish, only slid about a foot or two, far from clean, smooth or fast, but its a start.

briden
11-21-2011, 02:10 PM
When you guys say "splitting at the bolts," do you just mean pressure cracks?

Antwan
11-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Well I wont speak for replicant but on my end I'm not the least bit sure.
I really only just started stomping my tricks and even then I just started thinking bigger
My boards been through hell..
Completely soaked in water a few times.. banged into shit..tossed around trying to figure certain tricks out.
If the board wasn't as thick as it is I think it would be done by now.. but I keep using it.

I have lines coming through the wood and griptape outward toward the tail end of the deck from the bolts.

replicant
11-22-2011, 09:58 PM
i wish, only slid about a foot or two, far from clean, smooth or fast, but its a start.
Definitely a good start. I can't wait to see it in motion.

When you guys say "splitting at the bolts," do you just mean pressure cracks?
Yeah, mine are pressure cracks. The perils of me refusing to use risers for like 15+ years now. ^^;

I have lines coming through the wood and griptape outward toward the tail end of the deck from the bolts.
If the cracks [lines] are running lengthwise on your board originating from the truck base plate area, then you have pressure cracks.
To me it sounds like that is what you have. Mine are on both trucks and run slightly toward nose/tail and inward.
With your being more toward the tail end it sounds like your heaviest [roughest] landings are more on your tail where mine are focused directly on the trucks themselves.
It's pretty common for people who don't use risers and somewhat common on those who use absorb risers.
"Back in the old days" when we used 3/8"-1/2" or so risers I rarely ever saw it, but it still happened sometimes.

DonVigo
11-22-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm somehow olderschool than Rep! I refuse to rock less than 1/4's inch worth of risers. Usually a pair of standard ones, though. I learned REAL quick that the Dooks Stacks with the foam layer just squish and create play that's bad for your deck and hardware alike.

Could have something to do with my inability to ride wheels less than 56mm though. I carve hard, and wheel bite bites.

pawnluvguitarist
11-23-2011, 03:24 PM
primo 360 manualspin shuv

replicant
11-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm somehow olderschool than Rep! I refuse to rock less than 1/4's inch worth of risers. Usually a pair of standard ones, though. I learned REAL quick that the Dooks Stacks with the foam layer just squish and create play that's bad for your deck and hardware alike.

Could have something to do with my inability to ride wheels less than 56mm though. I carve hard, and wheel bite bites.Hehe, I just got used to no pads with the "new school" switchover. My wheels are 55 spitfire manslaughters which I am on my last set of. QQ I love these wheels.

DonVigo
11-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Hehe, I just got used to no pads with the "new school" switchover. My wheels are 55 spitfire manslaughters which I am on my last set of. QQ I love these wheels.

I remember when the older kid on the block that got me and the other little kids into skating got his first new school deck. 9" wide, big trucks, and TINY wheels with no risers. I tried going down the street on it once and just hated the feeling. I think I was 18 when I got my first set of wheels smaller than 60mm. Like, the 56-58's I ride now are a compromise in my head 'cause I barely cruise down the street for transportation purposes anymore. I've had the same set of Sector 9's for about 6 years now, and will finally replace them next year with some Bones Greek Captains. I think it's cause I'm also a car guy, but to me, wheels are the most important part of my setup.

Antwan
11-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I was hanging out with this guy in his mid 30s nothing huge but he had some old school style
modern board and some big ass wheels Like just a step below long boarding wheels..
Guy was cruising.. I might have to try some of the bigger ones.

I went out for a little bit today There's a manhole cover near the ledges in the park
got a nice powerslide on it.. pretty different.

pawnluvguitarist
11-24-2011, 02:10 PM
i still prefer the small wheels, like 48 ish. I like to be as low to the ground as possible. I love loose trucks too, with big wheels and no riser pads i'd be just asking for wheel bite haha.

Antwan
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah I need to experiment more with wheels..
I've been thinking about a custom setup
it's a bit odd but so is my style..
some bigger wheels in the front and smaller in the back maybe.
I've noticed the front wheels get so flat it's crazy.. in a month or so one wheel is half of what it used to be..
Having trouble getting speed because of.. yeah that's something I noticed is really fun too..
I like a bit of flatground but I like to think I could adapt to anything in weird ways.
It's amazing what you can come up with if you enjoy making things up.

briden
11-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah I need to experiment more with wheels..
I've been thinking about a custom setup
it's a bit odd but so is my style..
some bigger wheels in the front and smaller in the back maybe.

If you do that, I'd put a high truck in the back and a low in the front to even it out. You want to avoid a lowrider setup if possible.

Antwan
11-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Haha true that..
Damn that would be badass though lowrider hahah na
It wouldn't work I'm guessing, the lowrider thing.. but yeah you're right..
I'll have to talk to some skate shops.. there's like three near me in willamsburg.

I need glove recommendations too if anyone does that sort of thing.. I guess that's more longboard status eh..
Something cheap yet effective I'm not palming down hills or anything just to protect my hands.

I did try the med tape on fingers just doesn't cut it for what I'm trying to do.. I'm surprised Mike V gets use from it.

Antwan
11-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Got my manuals down pack..
Going so far with them now.

Got a few powerslide variations at a medium speed
Dog piss slide? Grab the nose of the board plant the back foot extend the front and slide the tail while pushing it forward on flat

Footplant nosegrab slide? plant the front foot pull the nose toward you and push the tail out sliding on the ground quickly shift back to regular on flat

Antwan
11-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Finally got turn arounds on a steep bank today..
There's a crack before it so it's kinda hard and I've never done anything steep but it's basically a powerslide 180.. so fun.

Starting to fuck with wallies up ledges, came naturally after sliding the bank.

MackBoogie
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Last time I skated was a year ago and i was 300 lbs (yes i typed that correctly)
But a year ago i had heel flips on lock...

Now im 220 and want to see if i can finally learn how to tre flip or atleast see if i can still ride the damn thing...i just could never get the whole puzzle together

Boomba
11-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I've learned: Fakie B/S Fullcab flips, SW F/S Bigspins, Fakie B/S double flips,Nollie F/S 360's And now i'm trying to get them inwards heels on lock

Antwan
11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Well I am feeling pretty confident with carving up steep bank walls now..
leaning into halfpipes at highspeed to carve small lines..

Anyone here skate vert effectively?
I'm looking to get into doing stalls but I'm not sure how to approach it
what's the easy one to try first.. Also what's weight distribution like?

briden
11-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Well I am feeling pretty confident with carving up steep bank walls now..
leaning into halfpipes at highspeed to carve small lines..

Anyone here skate vert effectively?
I'm looking to get into doing stalls but I'm not sure how to approach it
what's the easy one to try first.. Also what's weight distribution like?

I've never ridden a proper vert ramp, but I've skated vert bowls and holy shit is that the best feeling ever. But I wouldn't worry about vert just yet, try to find a nice mini ramp to get used to pumping and carving.

Have you done rock to fakies yet? I did those first, then got up to fakie tailstalls, and would just go back and forth doing them until my legs hurt. I learned bs pivots first, but axle stalls and feebles and bs pivots are all basically the same thing when you're stalling them; honestly I've seen tons of people learn all of those the same sesh, in any given order. Once you're comfortable with kickturns, just pump harder and get one up onto the coping. If you need to, set the front truck down, then bring it back in. In all seriousness, it's so much easier than you're probably thinking it is, just don't overthink it. And in regards to the weight distrobution question, I say keep it in the ramp at first, but as soon as you feel you've got a certain one dialed, work your way into standing up on it and grinding. But remember if you stop and hold the stall too long, it'll throw your momentum way off and you'll lose your special meter.

Antwan
11-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah I've been messing with a half pipe I don't know that I've ever seen a nice mini ramp that was actually mini if you feel me..
but I'm carving just below the metal lining at the top of it I slowly shift my weight back down it so I'm kinda surfin on the side I guess. I can do kick turns manual downs and pivots frontside and backside.
I've never tried rock fakies.. worth a shot.

replicant
12-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah I've been messing with a half pipe I don't know that I've ever seen a nice mini ramp that was actually mini if you feel me..
but I'm carving just below the metal lining at the top of it I slowly shift my weight back down it so I'm kinda surfin on the side I guess. I can do kick turns manual downs and pivots frontside and backside.
I've never tried rock fakies.. worth a shot.I'd recommend getting 50-50 stalls dialed in when comfortable. To me that was the first trick when learning vert that helped me feel most comfortable above the coping. Not sure how big you're riding, but when I was learning 8'-10' back in the day that was one of the first I learned. A simple Drop In to Pump is something to get under your belt and standing in a FS or BS 50-50 then dropping in really builds confidence. My first 10' drop in is still one of the scariest things I have ever felt. I ate plywood like a champ that day until I could drop in and pump the far wall soldily. The next heart attack was hitting my first air on it... I got a lot of respect for vert riders when I started learning.

Antwan
12-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Well I know my limits I think rock fakies would be nice to get first.. just didn't think of it.
I'm pretty good at manuals, pivots and things counter shifting the wheels in a lift sounds easy.

Antwan
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Well I got a few attempts at rock fakies today after work..a little tougher than it sounds.
I guess I'm losing momentum with the awkward feeling of putting the board back down the pipe..
I need to get pumps to fakie first.

Found a nice little spot in the park.. footplant a tree to drop in variations on a curb.

replicant
12-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Well I got a few attempts at rock fakies today after work..a little tougher than it sounds.
I guess I'm losing momentum with the awkward feeling of putting the board back down the pipe..
I need to get pumps to fakie first.

Found a nice little spot in the park.. footplant a tree to drop in variations on a curb.Yeah, when coming back in from a rock fakie you have a tendency to still be leaning toward the transition. You have to get used to leaning into the opposite transition direction as you come out of the rock and get your first pump toward the opposition wall. I know you want to rush right at tricks, but I still say drop in and pump over and over till you get a strong feel for the ramp. That'll save you a lot of bruises in the long run. Good luck.

Antwan
12-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Well I got a little banged up today back to vert later..
Getting really close to switch no complies.. can't do them in my normal stance is the thing.
No Comply Shuvs are coming along
and still trying to land No Comply Impossibles.. can get the rotation pretty constantly just trouble sticking them.
Oh and the variations are switch too.. can't seem to step off in my normal stance.. feels goofy.
Maybe after switch!

Working on my ollie not too high yet but It's been a long time
been kinda missing the fliptricks I did know

Oh and new setup.. I didn't realize my old deck was so small.. I tore that thing up.
Back out again tomorrow.
The Good Life.

Boxerman08
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Getting really close to switch no complies.. can't do them in my normal stance is the thing.

Haha I got that same problem. I tried so many times to get normal no comply fs 180, but I can only do them switch. Can't seem to get both feet back on when I do it in normal, but in switch, I can stick it every 2nd or 3rd try. I like to do it after I just did a fs or bs variation and to get myself back in goofy, switch no comply fs 180 :p

pawnluvguitarist
12-06-2011, 03:15 PM
got slappy front crooks on this little box we made, sliding like 4 feet, very fun

Antwan
12-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Nice pawn..
I went up the halfpipe yesterday.. got a few quicky 50-50s in
haha like the weight shift is so scary it's like nothing I've ever done before.

Starting to do one footed reverts in my normal stance (goofy)
with the front foot and planting my back..
soon expanding to 360s and then try without footplants..
Front foot one feels so sketchy and I'm going backside to fakie but it's so fun.

oh and got moving ollies pretty high.

DonVigo
12-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Nice pawn..
I went up the halfpipe yesterday.. got a few quicky 50-50s in
haha like the weight shift is so scary it's like nothing I've ever done before.

Antwan!!! Congrats, man. Now you're in my end of the pool, as it were. Like any other discipline of skating, it's all about the muscle memory. Just keep at it, and it gets more and more comfortable.

No joke, it's scary, but I feel the exact same way about trying to do 360 or more spins on my back wheels. I seem to eject and endanger my wrists doing that stuff. I'm comfortable with tranny, though, so slashing pool coping on an 11 foot wall just seems like another trick to me.

Keep at that ish, man. I'm stoked to hear if you get more into transition.

Antwan
12-07-2011, 05:26 AM
I honestly started by Learning to transition up a steep wall and then turn back down it.. and then from there an even steeper one..
and finally carving a halfpipe.. now I can go up and touch the trucks lightly.. sideways and right back into transition but it's still a start.
I'm surprised all I got was a cut on my arm going so fast! It really is incredible and I can't wait to expand further.. I just started doing one foot nose grab powerslide things on flat.. if to apply to tranny is like a crail step off or something? I'll try in due time but I am enjoying this experience.

Well the turns on the back wheels are just like more in the shoulders and holding your manual in a turn at least How I've learned..
anything too abrupt or fast and you tend to spin out, powerslide.. be patient if you want to get that stuff down.. little steps.
Slowly go faster.. even throw powerslides in if you wanna but be ready for it.

Antwan
12-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Well I've been out of commission hurt my ankle
but some things I forgot to mention I was working at

no comply variations.. they are just so fun.

I've got one where instead of just bouncing it off my leg I let it sit there (balancing) and then slowly move my foot up so it does an impossible motion and jump back on

I've almost got step off (Impossibles?) The flip trick that goes completely vertical.

Also Working at no comply hardflips
no comply polejam fingerflips
I've got no comply shuv rewinds locked
as well as regular no comply shuvs
I can almost get no comply laser flips

I'll post up footy when I can.. that's just the no comply side of things.

pawnluvguitarist
12-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Slappy bs 1 foot nosegrind on a little box we made.

Antwan
12-14-2011, 05:57 PM
That just sounds scary man..
I'd like to see it.

pawnluvguitarist
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Kinda forgot about this thread, I'm still skating, just have to pick my spots, it's been cold, wet and snowy.

My newest trick is more of a line/sequence. I've really been enjoying the long flatground lines...

Pogo wrap around-walk the dog(5-6 ish)-spacewalk shuv-1 foot pivot into a 720 manual spin shuv out.

pawnluvguitarist
02-19-2012, 07:07 AM
switch no comply up curb
bs 360 no comply

PoppySquidJr
02-19-2012, 06:29 PM
... ollies, pop shuvits, bert slides, and bonelesses. I'm a total nubcake

pawnluvguitarist
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Flatground 540 boneless

tonnes of pivot, but im taking it ;)

1 foot 360 shuv manual shuv manual shuv

pawnluvguitarist
05-13-2012, 06:17 PM
1 foot 360 shuv manual 360 shuv out :) sloppy as fuck but its a start.

Goon_Panda
05-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Is this just skateboards?

I nailed my first toboggan 360 yesterday, it felt nice. Currently working on doing alley-oop 180s on the full size HP at my local park. They're quite easy on a smaller ramp, but MUCH more difficult when you're tryna do one while drifting from one side of the QP all the way to the other.

BMXers will understand...

fallingskyline
05-14-2012, 04:43 AM
tre pop shuv (after a thousand treflips i finally found out what it takes to NOT flip the board, lol)
fs 360 no-comply <3

Duundermifflin
05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Learned nollie front 3shuvs yesterday and nollie front 50-50s on a little metal palette jack haha.

Legba
06-14-2012, 10:48 AM
I haven't been skating as much as I'm used to this year. I find myself only skating once or twice a week. But this old dude has still managed to learn some new things. :cool:

Street:
Fakie big heel
switch front big spin
back 360 ollies
switch fs smith
fakie bigspin to swich lipslide
inward heel manny or 5-0

Bowls/Vert:
frontside flip
back smith
Russian boneless
nollie 180 to lip
nollie shuv lip
fs/bs sweeper (a la Duane Peters)

Shoot, that seems like a lot when I write it down lol. But there's still so much I must/wanna learn:o!

Hitmanx123
06-15-2012, 01:49 AM
lol i learned this two years ago but i just started doing it again now. hang ten 3 shuvs ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f9s67q3-H4

pawnluvguitarist
07-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Stupidly close to impossibles. Keeping them vertical and fairly controlled too. Just having trouble getting that front foot out of the way AND bringing it back.

Legba
07-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Stupidly close to impossibles. Keeping them vertical and fairly controlled too. Just having trouble getting that front foot out of the way AND bringing it back.

After watching most of your vids on youtube, I can say for sure: YOU GOT IT!

Regular impossibles are freaking tricky! I can only do them switch or nollie. In my natural stance, I can't ever get my back foot to scoop right.

pawnluvguitarist
07-18-2012, 07:12 PM
After watching most of your vids on youtube, I can say for sure: YOU GOT IT!

Regular impossibles are freaking tricky! I can only do them switch or nollie. In my natural stance, I can't ever get my back foot to scoop right.

still no luck, eventually hopefully.

I've got 1 foot 540 shuvs more consistent than they've ever been, landed like 5 today. Still hoping to get em on lock some day like the 360 variation

em-kay
07-22-2012, 12:57 AM
bigspin flips

..finally

Legba
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
still no luck, eventually hopefully.

I've got 1 foot 540 shuvs more consistent than they've ever been, landed like 5 today. Still hoping to get em on lock some day like the 360 variation

Damn dude, not what I was expecting your reply to be like lol. But my vote is that you'll have em before long.
540 shuvs? like no comply style? SICKK!

pawnluvguitarist
07-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Damn dude, not what I was expecting your reply to be like lol. But my vote is that you'll have em before long.
540 shuvs? like no comply style? SICKK!

Yeah, still having trouble with the impossibles, a lot more jumping involved compared to most of the tricks I do.

And they are 1 foot 540 shuvs i've been landing, Mullen style, no foot plants or anything :)

Legba
07-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah, still having trouble with the impossibles, a lot more jumping involved compared to most of the tricks I do.

And they are 1 foot 540 shuvs i've been landing, Mullen style, no foot plants or anything :)

Sounds awesome man. That's one of those game of skate trump cards lol. You've gotta nice n fun style man, keep it up!
Oh, and your music is pretty dope too!

pawnluvguitarist
07-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Just landed a 360 boneless into a 1080 manual spin :)

Legba
07-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Just landed a 360 boneless into a 1080 manual spin :)

& the progression continues

Hitmanx123
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
just got out my flat bar yesturday and got back front boardslide. felt really comfy so i took it a step further and cranked out a front board to feeble hella hyped :D

STEEZxSTATUS
08-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Learnd Back Smith to Back tail

pawnluvguitarist
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
1 foot pivot 540 manual spin shuv 360 manual spin shuv. :)

Once by accident, very scary haha got it again though.

PoppySquidJr
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
...I managed to ollie a 2 Stair. Am I good yet?

Legba
08-02-2012, 02:19 AM
...I managed to ollie a 2 Stair. Am I good yet?

Good enough, that means you can do more on a skateboard than just ride from here to there.
Isn't that the unspoken thing we all seek on our boards; alternative uses/applications?

Good work.

Antwan
08-02-2012, 04:46 AM
Pretty cool that you guys are keeping at it, Cool to see your progression.

I have not skated in a while..
But I have been scouting local skate spots and
Here are some tricks I'm wanting to do

-Wallie < I used to do little wallies off of a ledge drop at this skatepark an hour away, Need to refresh that trick though.
-Wallie, Manual? < sounds hard as fuck! I would love to though
-Manual, Morse Code Tap, shuv, nose manual, nollie shuv < I'm really not about combos, But it would be one I would try to get and actually enjoy.
-(caveman) Board Under Rail, Fingerflip off of rail
-caveman, blunt (ledge)
-Airwalk Plant < I do little wall kicks and shit from no comply, I could probably get this easy with dedication.
-Caveman, Tailslide, Fingerflip < got pretty close when I was in newyork last, just need to tighten it up really. (On a Ledge)
-Wanting to tighten up manual spins..
-Stupid close to switch no comply
-No Comply Hardflip, Varial Kick, 360 Flip, 360 Hardflip < Did no comply 360 hard on a fluke, Would love to figure it out.
The rest I've never really attempted so I'm not sure. I have tried no comply varials, it's incredibly awkward trying to get it smooth, I can't figure out if it should be pressure or more of a kick but I have got the varial motion a few times.
I'll have footage to back this stuff up whenever I get around to filming again.
Plans to get a Video up before December.
I've always been an odd skater, so I have hopes some of these things come easy.
If not, you know.. that's skating. I'm always pushing myself to try new obscurities whenever they come to mind..
so that list and whatever else the spots inspire. Oh, I also would like to do some more vert at some point..
Little 50-50 kiss in and out of transition has been in the back of my mind. That's All I have on vert, but as far as I'm concerned that shits sick and expanding should be fun.

pawnluvguitarist
08-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Sounds sick Antwan, looking forward to seeing those no comply variations. Is your foot still on the ground when the board lands or are you catching them? It's a tough transition but they feel so much better.

I've got a new semi consistent sequence:

4 walk the dogs-2 one foot pivots-one foot pivot 720 manual spin shuv.

Antwan
08-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I never really considered it a make if I wasn't catching the board
You should get some new stuff out man
I was kinda bummed seeing your montage was all the little things I've already watched this year haha

pawnluvguitarist
08-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Really don't really know when I'll be able to get new footage. No one I know really skates much anymore, and if we do skate occasionally we just wanna chill. Honestly thinking about looking for a filmer, I've got a lot of stuff very consistent probably wouldn't take very long.

Antwan
08-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah you did say that huh..
In the other thread about skating where you live.
I haven't made varial no complies yet those are more a letting the board flip
360 Hardflip no complies were a fluke as said, and even then I had a different setup.. board had a ton of pop and what not.
I'm gonna go skate a bit this weekend get warmed up start feeling some of this stuff out
Probably won't be filming for a while myself but I do want to put time into these should be fun after the break.

pawnluvguitarist
08-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah it sucks, all the time in the world to film back in highschool when i could barely do anything. Now i've got stuff like 1 foot 540 shuvs, primo spacewalks and boneless 1080 manual spins all pretty consistent with nothing to show for it. Other than just the love of skating, which is all that really matters, but it would be nice to share.

EmmitBrown
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
this thread needs more footy "wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more say no more"

Antwan
08-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Honestly Not sure if I'll be getting those things I was talking about now
I got this oldschool board recently and been trying to use it
can't seem to get those more technical things because it's bigger.. I imagine it's still possible but what a bitch haha

I did start working on another flatground variation and from what I've been hearing it's possible I'm trying to do
a manual crail to tail out
(regular stance) I start a manual and do a pop shuv into my hand caveman out
It's really awkward just about every time but It's so much fun.. almost had a make today.
I was trying to get this on a normal sized board for the longest, but actually have gotten closer on the oldschool board
I think it's because it's more weighed down, less flipping around.. controlled.

I haven't been skating much but slowly working my way back in.. May hit up the local park here when I start to feel
comfortable again, having had a break for months and then right into it on an oldschool board.
Always fun though. Can't wait to share what I come up with.. and even so, when I start to use these things toward manny pads, ledges etc. at the park. Should be interesting.. I won't film at the park unless I can get a friend to come help me out though.. Which isn't impossible actually, so should happen at one time or another down the line.

Reaperwrecker
08-24-2012, 10:36 PM
ollie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pawnluvguitarist
08-25-2012, 03:45 PM
fakie biggererer spin?

board does 720 body 180 in same direction

Antwan
08-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Uh..
PawnLuvSpecial
LuvShuv
Biggest Spin
Huge Shuv
Never heard of anything like it.. brand it.

Antwan
11-21-2012, 08:18 AM
I assume everyone is still skating
Got some new trick ideas watching VicsMarket
Just had a quick sesh today skating random obstacles for the hell of it
You guys have to try it.. I did more than I thought I could haha
I found out my apartment complex is a bit more skateable than imagined
probably wont do much more now until I get someone to film me
just for the sake of the apartment owners getting pissed at me

No comply jam to open a gate

caveman tail skid on a fairly long boardwalk..
shits really slick some coating on it or something makes it slide so much fun

Boneless, tail slide on this tiny slappy ledge.. apartment is littered with them but the roll ups jank in most areas
I'd like to get a fingerflip out

That's about it
The maintenance guys are cool as hell just wave to me and shit while I skate everything
The boardwalks are around the entrance though so until they get on to me about it
I'll continue to experiment
I do have a tree right next to a parking spot wall right outside
I thought about airwalk plants.. Plywood landing or some shit.

Legba
11-21-2012, 10:23 AM
LuvShuv

^That One^

But yeah dude, sounds tight.
It's always great to just stumble upon something useful in an area you REALLY didn't expect to be skatable.
Dope.
Film it.

pawnluvguitarist
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah still skating. Not a lot of new tricks, just longer more consistent lines. I've been able to get a few 1 foot 360 shuv manual 360 shuvs each sesh. Something I never thought I'd get that consistent. Can get just the regular shuv out version like every other time or so.

Antwan
11-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah still skating. Not a lot of new tricks, just longer more consistent lines. I've been able to get a few 1 foot 360 shuv manual 360 shuvs each sesh. Something I never thought I'd get that consistent. Can get just the regular shuv out version like every other time or so.
You said something about flatground lines.. old contest type stuff, still doing that?
It's probably better you don't film every waking minute though.. Get stuff dialed.
Sounds cool though. Would like to see it when you get it down. Get your girl to film you haha

pawnluvguitarist
11-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah I guess some flat ground contest lines kinda stuff, but also using the obstacles at the park too. Just endless tricks until I mess up or can't breathe, it's a great workout

Antwan
11-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah parks really get the ideas flowing
even if you're not making everything you do
It's pretty crazy coming up short on breath after kicking hard for speed over extended periods of time

I started taking that one trick I was doing a while back around corners
The step off blunt skid thing
feels alot more natural even just coming in at a slight angle would be fun to try on banks

Antwan
02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Reviving the thread here.
Getting pretty comfy on the oldschool board now.
Getting better at no comply stuff.
It's amazing what you can come up with on flatground.
A decent path and a board and I'll be alright. I think the same can be said about EA's Skate.
Hope you guys got a chance to get out there. So much fun skating again.
If anyone remembers the completely vertical no comply trick I was messing with in the last of newyork vid
I've got those again. I've landed double verticals a few times as well. Still trying to perfect it.
You'll have to wait for the FluckIt IRL Vid for the rest. ;)
Plans to visit the local park when it clears up again so I may have some stuff there too.

pawnluvguitarist
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Haven't skated in weeks, maybe months. but did a lot of snowboarding this winter, got some new stuff there. Boardslides, bigger airs with grabs, 360s

Antwan
02-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Nice.
I think I'll stick to skateboarding haha
I tried wakeboarding once. Didn't go how I thought it would.
Honestly thought it would be easier!

Boxerman08
02-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Didn't learn anything new, but I was able to skate for the first time in months. Surprisingly enough though, I got my Fs Flip and my fakie FS Flip first try :) I was stoked haha also got a pretty fun line first try too; nollie bs bigspin, and then a sweet little fakie flip. Nothing fancy, just having fun in the streets haha! Hopefully the snow will stop falling for good!

Legba
02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Just RE-learned fakie tailslides a few days ago. I used to only be able to do em on curbs, now I got em on ledges.....my slide is still fairly short, (gotta work on that) but I managed to get a 270 shuv out tho! Pretty similar looking to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFftHFSQLSI

Antwan
02-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Nice.
Got any other fakie tricks on lock Legba?
I haven't seen much done in fakie personally.
Sounds sick.

Mark Murderous
02-18-2013, 08:12 PM
I learned that Nails can go into your hand even on the head side last night. Shit was cash. Except I have a hole in my hand now.

[THEME]
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Ive gotten some new stuff this year already...try to get some pics/footy of it in a bit

Learned Melon, Mute, FS Indy, Late front foot 360FS shuvit, (figured out Late front foot laser-have yet to land it though), back disaster, front disaster, bs smith <--these are all on a quarter pipe

Antwan
03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Well I have a lot more footage of makes than fails so this stuff won't make the FluckIt IRL Vid.
Here it is anyway..
First trick is kinda dumb but I had never done anything on ice before.
I guess the weather is what was making the bridge slide at the end too..
It was not nearly as slick today actually I guess it's all pretty dumb.
Oh well. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqYTMbb2HAY

knexzor
03-05-2013, 08:35 AM
;135790']Ive gotten some new stuff this year already...try to get some pics/footy of it in a bit

Learned Melon, Mute, FS Indy, Late front foot 360FS shuvit, (figured out Late front foot laser-have yet to land it though), back disaster, front disaster, bs smith <--these are all on a quarter pipe
There is no such thing as a fs indy. An indy air is a backside air with a frontside grab (the toe-side of your board and your rear arm)
Nice progression though, bs smithgrinds are hard

pawnluvguitarist
03-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Skated for the first time in months, shorts and a t-shirt

Primo 540 manual spin :)

Antwan
03-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Primo to a 540 manual spin?

I forget who told me to learn ollie body varials but I've been trying them in between tricks.
It's not as hard as I thought it might be. Should have them down soon.

Boxerman08
03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Ollie body varials are fun to mess around with haha not that hard too, funny when you do that shit in a game of skate

Antwan
03-10-2013, 07:51 PM
It's a basis too.
I think shuv and 360 shuv body varials would be next on my list.

briden
03-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Ollie body varials are fun to mess around with haha not that hard too, funny when you do that shit in a game of skate

Do one switch in a game of skate, and you'll definitely lose a few friends over it.

Antwan
03-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Ah..
The Switch Friendkiller

Boxerman08
03-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Do one switch in a game of skate, and you'll definitely lose a few friends over it.

Definitely gonna try that next time I'm out skating haha

pawnluvguitarist
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Primo to a 540 manual spin?

Yeah that's it. Got it a few times. It's hard to get any momentum, just been doing crazy slow 540's

Wiltzuh
03-11-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NRegtkQMbvU

I'm the one fatass with yellow beanie...almost every trick is less than year old for me hhaha didn't make any sense

Legba
03-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Dammit Wiltz, you made me cease my lurk session and log in!
That quarter pipe looks so friendly, why did you murder it so?
Seriously tho, I must give you and your whole crew many props. Sooo may tricks.
I'm pretty suckish on qps. I think I have like 8 tricks lol.
I'm coming stupidly close to nollie 360 lip stalls lately, your video has definitely bumped my motivation.
And for that, I thank you.

Wiltzuh
03-12-2013, 05:33 AM
Hahaa never give up my man NEVER give up !

I have skated for 6 years so it doesn't take so long to learn some new variaton of old trick anymore...i need to grab my lazy ass and move it to skate some rails and ledges...i suck with those

Tilburr
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Late front bigspins. That's pretty much it sadly.

XImortalDEATHX
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Right before winter I was actually starting to get better, literally the last day I was able to skate I was starting to get fakie shuv 180 pivots and stuff. Good thing winter should be leaving me soon.

Antwan
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Yeah that's it. Got it a few times. It's hard to get any momentum, just been doing crazy slow 540's
I was starting to wonder haha..
I thought, no way he's spinning on the board sideways..
Made me think though. You've got some skills. I Would've believed you.
Sounds cool though. I remember first trying stuff standing on the board sideways..
I'm betting it was just me but it was fucking scary man. Haven't done much in primo yet.

Sick Session Wiltz.

pawnluvguitarist
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
I was starting to wonder haha..
I thought, no way he's spinning on the board sideways..
Made me think though. You've got some skills. I Would've believed you.
Sounds cool though. I remember first trying stuff standing on the board sideways..
I'm betting it was just me but it was fucking scary man. Haven't done much in primo yet.
Sick Session Wiltz.

Getting into primos scared me so much at first man, you're not alone haha. Hold onto something at first. I first got comfortable with them in my garage holding onto my brothers punching bag. At first holding it the whole time, then just a touch and eventually it wasn't needed at all

Hobbs
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
You guys seem all so rad. but here is what i learned: 360 shuvit, 360 flip, 5-0, big spin, fakie 360 flip, fakie big flip... i suck lol

Legba
03-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Hahaa never give up my man NEVER give up !

I have skated for 6 years so it doesn't take so long to learn some new variation of old trick anymore.
I've been skating for 12, quit for 2, and now I spend most of my skate time RElearning tricks lol. So its rare that I get started on something completely new nowadays. But when I do, I don't give up! You have further encouraged me, Sir Wiltz, I shall get that trick this weekend!

& Hobbs, you dont suck dude. That bag of tricks can make for endless fun. Shit, I've had sessions where I literally just do some 50 50s, boardslides, and fakie tres! Even now, I still have some days where I dont even try ANY fliptricks lol. Even when I was flow, on a bad day I could only do fakie tres and vheels!

pawnluvguitarist
03-13-2013, 07:04 PM
I've been skating like 12 years now too. Never stopped, still skate a lot.
I have lost a lot of tricks too but replaced them with a variety of freestyle tricks that I have very consistent now.

Legba
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
I WISH I never stopped.
But I'm kinda the same way. I definitely dont have as many tricks as I used to, but the ones I do have are faster, higher, and more comfy than ever.
Your freestyle tricks are SIIICK Pawn, hope to see some newness from you in Fluckit IRL!

Antwan
03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
It is too bad my old school setup doesn't allow primos..
I would likely be trying to hold onto something due to the terrible on/off weather.
The old school board is pretty smooth and works well someways
The normal sized boards help me get more technical though.
I have a shit ton of decks at my dad's place.. Never got around to mailing them back to myself.
If I end up heading to NY again it would likely be this summer. I tried texting you Legba.

pawnluvguitarist
03-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Get thinner or wider trucks, whatever your board needs for primos to work out.

Hobbs
03-16-2013, 05:41 AM
& Hobbs, you dont suck dude. That bag of tricks can make for endless fun. Shit, I've had sessions where I literally just do some 50 50s, boardslides, and fakie tres! Even now, I still have some days where I dont even try ANY fliptricks lol. Even when I was flow, on a bad day I could only do fakie tres and vheels![/QUOTE]

Sick makes me feel good, problem is hey are not consistant at all. You were on flow? Plus i just learned Vheels too!

Hitmanx123
03-18-2013, 10:52 AM
You guys seem all so rad. but here is what i learned: 360 shuvit, 360 flip, 5-0, big spin, fakie 360 flip, fakie big flip... i suck lol

nigga you can do a flip, hush your "i suck" havin ass up

pawnluvguitarist
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Primo to 540 manual spin shuv

Got my best manual spin yet, 18 full rotations :)

Wrap around-5 pogos-finger flip

Hobbs
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
nigga you can do a flip, hush your "i suck" havin ass up

ok....um...it is almost up.....ahhhhhhhh...... and phew it's up there all right!;)

Hobbs
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Primo to 540 manual spin shuv

Got my best manual spin yet, 18 full rotations :)

Wrap around-5 pogos-finger flip

holy heck your goody good good

Antwan
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
You sound more like mullen everytime I read from you pawn haha. He had some footage in 1989 I believe where he has slow manual spins down to a science, so ridiculous. You ever try manual spins up banks into manual stalls? Just thought of it.

pawnluvguitarist
03-26-2013, 06:58 PM
You sound more like mullen everytime I read from you pawn haha. He had some footage in 1989 I believe where he has slow manual spins down to a science, so ridiculous. You ever try manual spins up banks into manual stalls? Just thought of it.

Yeah I've done a couple of those, like a 450 spin to manual stall. What's also fun on flat are manual spins where at the end you stop it then just spacewalk out haha

Duundermifflin
03-31-2013, 03:03 PM
i just learneded front 180 switch mannys <3

Hobbs
03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Sick! how long you been skating?

teh m1L3z
03-31-2013, 08:24 PM
newest thing ive learned is a no comply shuv variation. but i plant my back foot.and bring my front foot to the tail and scoop it that way. if i do them on a bank i can get them in bigspin variations. thats my newest learnt trick.

pawnluvguitarist
04-04-2013, 05:27 AM
newest thing ive learned is a no comply shuv variation. but i plant my back foot.and bring my front foot to the tail and scoop it that way. if i do them on a bank i can get them in bigspin variations. thats my newest learnt trick.

Pretty sweet man. I like doing those as a foot plant kinda thing, step on the parking block, gap over it.

Yesterday I got a few fakie 540 big spins into a 540 manual spin shuv out.

Hobbs
04-04-2013, 12:41 PM
we got a very tech bunch of skaters in this group eh?

Antwan
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM
No comply footplants? or just fliptrick footplants pawn? Speaking of those.. Ive got a pretty odd dose of variations very consistent. Switch no comply, switch no comply body varials, switch no comply seatbelts, one foot blunt slides on flat no hands I can only seem to get standard no complies in switch and the body varial is surprisingly natural feeling too. I dont know if youd really call em out as switch because it was pretty easy for me and I cant do it in my normal stance. Ive been messing with the blunt skid stuff into fences.. Kicking off of them for for speed while sliding. Still really want to get jam turn arounds off of straight poles just cant seem to get em down. Also got some silly looking stuff that may look better on banks or something.. caveman, skid, fingerflip stuff. My ideal park to try stuff at is in NY. Hoping to legitamize the odd stuff. :cool:

pawnluvguitarist
04-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Both Flips/finger flips and just the straight foot plants themselves Antwan. Did more of that stuff back in the day like my 540 flipideeflu trick tip, (back foot foot plant 540 finger flip)

Today I got a 360 boneless over 4 decks and got like a half dozen 1 foot 360 shuv manual 360 shuvs, still really trying to land it a few times every sesh and try n get em on lock.

llamasrock
04-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Today I got my first frontside grab over a hip :) stoked to the max

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/529592_10201050999222874_694835081_n.jpg

Goon_Panda
04-04-2013, 08:28 PM
YOU HAVE AN AMAZING BEARD :D

I had an impulsive reaction to seeing "FAG" written on the bowl and this was it...

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o628/This_Goon/25d4f17f-8118-436a-b21e-1dd13aa4843f.jpg?t=1365133390

RustyAntiHero
04-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Mad beard skillz!

At our local park there's a down sloped manny pad and after first trying it last summer and failing probably somewhere in the hundreds. Yesterday finally managed to nollie nose wheelie down it. Horrendous self props afterwards but didn't give a shit. Stoked!

Antwan
04-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Legit slappy sesh today. Even jank ones are fun. Variations include sal flip tail stall fingerflip out, no comply seatbelt to tail stalls, one footed five os, one footed tailslides and im real close to just up n down front blunt nose pivot out. Im thinking manual spins into stalls would be fun, trying that tomorrow. Only a few hours during the day cars arent parked blocking them, worth it.

Hobbs
04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
were you live twan? were i live they got no slappy curbs

Antwan
04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Its a pretty odd area actually but I found a nice apartment aound here just a few miles from the kentucky bridge. There is a park a few miles away and some real nice ones in florence kentucky I dont have a car but I still get around plenty of street gems hidden if you go looking. I realize stalls on slappys are odd but its something.. stepping up from flat feels great. Ill likely do banks next. Ive done salflip tail fingerflip out down the hubba in NY once. The flat preperation always helps me so well see what I get when I step up even further, in due time.

Hobbs
04-10-2013, 12:20 PM
yea that salflip tail... holy shit!

Antwan
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
I didnt think that trick was a big deal honestly even down the hubba. Just so were clear ive always known a salflip as a caveman variation. Pop it into your hand, quick step off whip around and back under you but in this case I did it to a tailslide fingerflip out. I talked about caveman blunts a while back but I never got around to landing them. Now those are tough.

NotedDerk
04-12-2013, 12:44 AM
no comply seatbelt to tail stalls

How did you not destroy your fingers?

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5248/5372021528_3b925b8b4c_z.jpg

That is a seatbelt grab during a crook, if you were uncertain what the picture meant.

Antwan
04-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Well it looks like hes riding goofy thats my stance too. Its a pretty subtle grab on flat but I do them in switch, is it not a seatbelt grab then? grab terminology might be off I dont do much there. Is switch crail a trick? I mean as said all my no comply stuff I do switch. If seatbelts the tail I guess its a crail then my bad. I grab the nose switch.

NotedDerk
04-12-2013, 02:19 AM
a no comply crail tail stall is entirely possible, switch or not, crail is grabbing the nose with your back hand, seatbelt is grabbing the tail with your front hand. So in turn, a seatbelt to a tail stall would smash your fingers, unless you're fast about it and take it off before you land in it, haha. You're crazy for learning no complies switch though. I see how you would consider it a seatbelt though, being switch.

Antwan
04-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Right on. Haha people always say that man. It came naturally though goofy riders should try it. Ive actually done a few body varials with it on flat its pretty quick though. Ill have to do a vid sometime. Not sure when ill be up and running again but ive got some ideas flowing that im pretty stoked on.

Hobbs
04-12-2013, 12:22 PM
i tried to finger flip off a ramp a couple days ago.... they are fucking hard

Antwan
04-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Like a kicker or something.. ramp to drop? The key is to pop it vertical but dont level out. So youre still on the board but it reaches your hand then just compensate for speed/rotation.

Antwan
04-15-2013, 03:04 AM
You should learn them on flat if you havent already. Straight up ollie nosegrabs should help hobbs. I dont just go for big stuff anymore I usually work up to it, get comfortable. before I salflip tailed the hubba I got them dialed on flat ledges and before that you guessed it consistent salflips on flat ground. fingerflips, I never did a full ollie for them though. The less you level out the easier it is to grab the nose. I like to think of everything as an extension. Ok you got nosegrabs now try fingerflips.

Hobbs
04-15-2013, 05:58 AM
dude yea nose grabs are like ollies to me now, so all i have to do is put the board closer to my hand without moving my hand that much, then flip it?

pawnluvguitarist
04-15-2013, 07:08 AM
So Antwan, you can finger flip? Like with no foot plant?

I've come close, I found I've come closer just grabbing the nose and kinda pulling it up instead of the Ollie-nose grab-flip. But then again my Ollies are pretty weak and my board doesn't help, whatever works.

Got a pogo wrap around to casper

knexzor
04-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Hell yeah llamas stinkbugging it! Sick dude, nice beard too

Antwan
04-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah hobbs thats what I do anyway easier if the board is closer I thought. No footplants pawn. I just couldnt seem to get variations of it so I never recorded them. I havent tried them on my oldschool setup ill have to do that. I dont imagine its a big difference ive actually seen alot of pop come from the oldschool board I have. I guess the caveman stuff helped. Foot placement toward the back so it starts that vertical setup for you. I reccommend gloves griptape tears your hands up I usually sport a pair.

pawnluvguitarist
04-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Id love to see it Antwan, sounds like youve really come a long way

Antwan
04-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah I guess haha I got some more stuff on slappies today.. stall variations. 360 manual spin 180 pivot 5050 tap 180 piv out and pretty close to hurricane taps in the same sequence its all one motion when I get em perfect. Did a 1 footed powerslide to blunt too. Keeping momentum is the hardest part not that consistent yet but I had a few makes of them all. Manual spins into slappies is probably the most awkward thing ive done yet but they are so fun.

pawnluvguitarist
04-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Got a couple real long nose manual stalls on a bank. I wanna shuv out

Hobbs
04-17-2013, 07:49 AM
trying to get consistant tres, fuckin hard

Antwan
04-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Nice, Pawn. one footed manual stalls maybe? haha Ive never tried them but I have manual to dropped off the side of a quarter treat it like a manual turn around but hold the manny and drop off the side. Fun, Awkward, sideways. Good luck with tres hobbs fakie and switch was the only way I could get those I got closer to laserflips actually. Id like to relearn varial heels sometime.

Hobbs
04-17-2013, 05:10 PM
oh yea antwan tres are hard, but lazers???? holy shit dude. i can varial heel, those are fun

Antwan
04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah Im weird like that. I got kickflips before heelflips but was closer to lazers than tres in my regular stance varial heels came pretty easy too. Ive been having fun with oddities haha. Im gonna work on fliptricks inbetween stuff when I skate it would be nice to have them again.

pawnluvguitarist
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Primo 720 manual spin shuv

Hobbs
04-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Primo 720 manual spin shuv

holy ship

pawnluvguitarist
04-23-2013, 06:51 PM
holy ship

Thanks dude. Its the slowest most awkward spin haha

pawnluvguitarist
04-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Primo 360 manual spin shuv manual shuv

Hobbs
04-27-2013, 10:47 AM
you are so flat techy its scary...

pawnluvguitarist
04-27-2013, 12:49 PM
you are so flat techy its scary...

Watch me attempt kickflips, now that's scary haha

pawnluvguitarist
05-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Got a no comply manual on a pad that's just under knee high.

Antwan
05-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Well the weather has been awesome need to skate soon. I got tripple bullseyes in darts consistantly aswell as beer pong shots off the wall though if those count as tricks.

knexzor
05-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Got a no comply manual on a pad that's just under knee high.
You should try frontside no comply fakie manual. It's in fact the only way I've been able to fakie manual since fakie ollies up things are so hard to time and switch ollies, well, fuck those.

pawnluvguitarist
05-02-2013, 09:14 AM
You should try frontside no comply fakie manual. It's in fact the only way I've been able to fakie manual since fakie ollies up things are so hard to time and switch ollies, well, fuck those.

Never had the 180 no comply variation. It's weird, I see so many people that can do em but can't do a straight no comply

pawnluvguitarist
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Never had the 180 no comply variation. It's weird, I see so many people that can do em but can't do a straight no comply

And come to think of it I never fakie nose manual, always found them the hardest, and that's including switch, one foots and hang tens haha

Hitmanx123
05-02-2013, 01:34 PM
i just started getting back into skating after a pretty sketchy 5 month hiatus. on and of for weeks at a time, im getting back into things.

so far im relearning heelflips, bu ti can still throw out a lazer flip and 360 flip whenever i want. I think i want to learn switch flips again too but i feel like i have no pop in my back foot whenver i go to do one, so my leg just stays down. and then when i DO try to pop hard the board never get a good enough flip and i just end up looking foolish :/

Boxerman08
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Switch flips and nollie flips are so fucked for me lol whenever i try, and have been trying for years, i can't even seem to come close to them. I used to have nollie/switch heelflips like nothing, but for some reason it just doesn't work for me...

But thats sick that you're getting back into it though dude!

Antwan
05-20-2013, 08:10 AM
So no one here has no comply 180s then?
I tried to mess with em the other day..
Hard to get that front foot out of the way.
I've got no comply shuvs but that twist makes it difficult.