PDA

View Full Version : What new tricks have you learned this year?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

knexzor
05-21-2013, 10:04 AM
I can do them, super easy once you get comfortable.
Frontside no complies are the easiest, then you can step it up a notch and go for the pivot to make it a 360. Going backside, like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7tDQb_qmus), is hard but fun to mess with as well.

Love these kinds of tricks when taking a break from the really challenging stuff

Antwan
05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
I tried them again today..
Just can't get them going for some reason.
I feel lost.. like I've never done anything related before!
When in fact I can do 180s and no comply shuvs.

I did get a strange variation today though, actually helping me spot my flips and land no comply tricks.
No comply, Knee flick?
Kickflip motion with the knee.
I was popping it a bit more vertical than I should've and noticed it flipped half way..
started flicking with my knee haha.
Landed 3, I was stoked anyway.

pawnluvguitarist
05-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Fakie big spin 540 manual spin shuv

pawnluvguitarist
06-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Primo tre flips

Antwan
06-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Nice pawn, setup a tripod like I do and show us :)

Had one of my longest sessions in a long time yesterday hope the weather lasts :cool:

NotedDerk
06-04-2013, 11:52 AM
I learned front lip, front reverts on one of the quarters at our park a couple days ago.

It's the ender in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e66csA53ClI

Antwan
06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Do you always revert at the hip?
Was it you who did that blunt shuv switchup that was pretty sick
Vert skating has to be rough, I haven't even dropped in yet.. that full momentum
I'm betting it's worse than a bail down some stairs.
I also have this image burned into my brain
Vert skating should be fast, fluent, anything taking too long up there should be compensated for
I've never done much of it I guess all I'm saying is I compare what I see to what pros are doing
Never really noticed it until now but I do, Pretty consistently too.
It seems like it might be fun to mess with even if just for quick little stall shit
but the thought of bails fucks with me.
Skating streets my shit though, on a good day I can usually find something to hit get a trick and move on
hitting 9-10 spots.

NotedDerk
06-04-2013, 09:02 PM
You seem to be confusing tranny skating with vert. I stick to dumb circus tricks on small quarterpipes because i'm too much of a pussy to try anything decent on quarters that are 5+ feet. You go ahead and try that blunt, shuv to fake and tell me how fast you get it though. I'm not a pro, not even an amateur, so don't compare me to that shit, simply because I cannot even come close to any league of theirs.

Antwan
06-04-2013, 09:18 PM
That's just it, I don't skate what others are skating.
I've seen those comments already, I'm used to it.
Sometimes you just need an outside perspective.
I'm not saying go pro but if you're skating vert why not just work on getting it quicker?
If you're just screwing around with new tricks that's different.
I honestly don't even worry about how it looks unless someone says something
I have come to appreciate that and I hope you guys haven't stopped looking.

It just sucks when you're car-less living in a real busy area so I use what I've got.
Clean, perfect, whatever.. but I'm not rolling back into tranny..
You can apply anything to everything if you want to but I would be stoked to see you doing quick variations with shuvs and shit in there.
It would be sick.

NotedDerk
06-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Again, i'm skating tranny, not vert. That trick was new, never landed it before getting it in that video, I always work on my tricks to get them faster and more clean, whoever doesn't go through that process with their skating is a moron.

Granka
06-05-2013, 12:54 AM
I've been having a really fun time lately skating because I've been more focused on learning new stuff. Been getting a pretty nice pop lately on my ollies so now I feel secure with riding down streets and ollieing up sidewalks and such. So I've been seshing this bank that you have to ollie up to. Hoping to land a ollie up, pop shuvit in the bank and riding out fakie. Gonna have to practice a bit more to get "faster feet" so I can land it.

Anyways, having probably my best times of skating right now. Been skating for about 5 years, but I was so terrible before at actually trying tricks. For about my first 3 years I only bombed hills, did manuals and ride back and forward in ramps. In other words, stuff I don't need to ollie for :D

Boxerman08
06-05-2013, 06:11 AM
I've been having a really fun time lately skating because I've been more focused on learning new stuff. Been getting a pretty nice pop lately on my ollies so now I feel secure with riding down streets and ollieing up sidewalks and such. So I've been seshing this bank that you have to ollie up to. Hoping to land a ollie up, pop shuvit in the bank and riding out fakie. Gonna have to practice a bit more to get "faster feet" so I can land it.

Anyways, having probably my best times of skating right now. Been skating for about 5 years, but I was so terrible before at actually trying tricks. For about my first 3 years I only bombed hills, did manuals and ride back and forward in ramps. In other words, stuff I don't need to ollie for :D

Just cruising down the street is sometimes the most fun I have these days while skating haha such a fun feeling. That bank you have to ollie up seems like a fun spot. Once you get comfortable poping up stuff, you'll be able to land having your feet set just about right for whatever trick you're trying. Fun stuff though, keep at it dude!

And sick tricks in that video btw Derk, I suck at tranny haha I can do the most basic shit, but your "circus tricks" as you call them are dope.

Antwan
06-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Again, i'm skating tranny, not vert. That trick was new, never landed it before getting it in that video, I always work on my tricks to get them faster and more clean, whoever doesn't go through that process with their skating is a moron.
Well, I'm pretty much over this conversation but I feel like I left on a sour note and that's not what I'm about.
Skating is a happy thing.
My response is more in reference to the videos I have seen with similarities..
Maybe You weren't skating vert but a guy in your video was.
The thing people do when the carve up the coping to 50-50 and it just stops completely and then they roll-in later..
Not a fan of it!
If people aren't saying this they might not be telling you what's really up.
I've seen you skate before, Derk.
I know you could do it better with practice.
As for the way I skate?

Dude, Come on.. I've made one skate part in the past few years.
The rest has been videos of trick attempts, So yes some of that shit was sketchy.
I didn't mean I don't care about getting them clean but for the sake of an attempt video, Who cares?
It comes more naturally now, I just hate filming myself.. it's timely, have to stay in the shot, it sucks.
So I don't film everything.

NotedDerk
06-06-2013, 01:27 AM
You keep saying I should practice more, which is what I do every single time I skate, you telling me to do so doesn't help in the slightest. Almost like telling me to wash my hands after I pee AS i'm washing them after peeing. You don't skate like I do, even you said that, so your attempt at advice comes off insulting more then helpful. I don't tell you how to 'freestyle' skate, don't tell me how to skate tranny. It is purely for my own enjoyment, not to make you or anybody else happy. Just drop it, like I stated before, I always work on my tricks to get them faster and more clean, leave it at that, and move on.

Antwan
06-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Any skater that makes a video wants recognition
That's it, no denying it. We're stoked, new trick, hell yeah
but how can we get that if we don't help each other out?
I hate that it feels like I'm talking down to you, So far past that.

Antwan
06-07-2013, 07:56 AM
So I finally made it out to the local skatepark..
It's so much fun applying stuff from flatground, 5 hour sesh today :cool:
Did my first hippie jump over a rail today
as well as two tricks on a small box setup
Caveman one foot tailslide, caveman stepoff darkslide.
The darkslide thing is odd
but I am digging it.. got a few pretty clean.
So for caveman tricks I almost always pop the board into my hand
so there will be a pause in momentum, which I kinda need a push off the ground for
Right hand on the nose, left foot on the tail, I didn't count my steps but I probably take 2 pushes.
So 2 Pushes in this odd setup and then I can jump from the ground level to get some height doing a half fingerflip out.
The end of the trick feels fucking awesome so I may just clean up pushing within it.
Couple other variations I won't go into, Haven't got them decent enough to brag yet :p

Antwan
06-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Not sure when I'll be able to film, need higher angles.. not used to that.
Here's the local park though

http://www.concretedisciples.com/cd_skate/OH/beechmont/beechmont_oh_skatepark1.jpg

http://www.concretedisciples.com/cd_skate/OH/beechmont/beechmont_oh_skatepark2.jpg
Box setup is off in the distance here
http://www.concretedisciples.com/cd_skate/OH/beechmont/beechmont_oh_skatepark3.jpg

http://www.concretedisciples.com/cd_skate/OH/beechmont/beechmont_oh_skatepark4.jpg

PoppySquidJr
06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
PICTURES

So fucking jealous.

Antwan
06-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Well if its any consolation, It's a really nice area haha
The apartment complex I live in is about 1000$ a month.
You actually have to walk through a giant park to get to the skatepark.
Those ledges are sketchier than they look in the photos too
Something about a skatepark makes me step it up though.. people around, try to get stuff dialed.
The banks are so steep.. you HAVE to pump to get up them and even to reach the top of the pyramid.
It's fun though, I can carve around the banks.. Trying to apply the flatground slides to banks
didn't expect them to be so steep but I've gotten pretty close to one in fakie.
They actually enforce no alcohol and bikes can't have pegs, crazy.

NotedDerk
06-08-2013, 01:51 AM
That park looks fucking dope, sweet little sections all over!

Antwan
06-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Yeah, it's pretty good just gotta get a good flow going.
There's some nice street spots around it too.

Jonobn
06-08-2013, 02:11 AM
I learned nollie front shuv late forward or "dolphin" flip it's at 4:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCl8qyRm0IM

Antwan
06-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Fail in first person, getting better at these slides though.
To be clear this is not the one foot tailslide, this is just the grab blunt thing I did on flat a while back minus the grab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pi1ayc0keM

Ohmidineffect
06-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Just started skating again for real after 3 years of cruising and half assing front 180's. Tricks stomped thus far:

Front 180, Heelflips, Pop Shuvs, Fakie 180, The sketchiest front shuv ever, borderline pivot of a back 180.

I never was too good at kickflipping, but I'm closer than I've ever been. I can't seem to get the flick part right it either gets half a flip or becomes a boned out ollie. HALP. I've been coming dangerously close to landing front heels and i realized today that for most of my tricks I don't bring my back foot up enough to let the board rotate or breathe. Once I started doing that everything started stomping consistently so after this hell storm that hits NY for two days im gunna try again.

Busted out the dickies for that 1990's baggy steez :D it's good to be back.

Antwan
06-19-2013, 04:46 PM
All my tricks seem to start out like this.
I would like to get a longer slide and balance without the back foot down
Just can't seem to get anything to slide long enough.
Probably do it at a skatepark, Things seem to be waxed there.
Anyway, Weird trick that I doubt people do :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV1jJQbbnmc

pawnluvguitarist
06-20-2013, 06:18 AM
All my tricks seem to start out like this.
I would like to get a longer slide and balance without the back foot down
Just can't seem to get anything to slide long enough.
Probably do it at a skatepark, Things seem to be waxed there.
Anyway, Weird trick that I doubt people do :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV1jJQbbnmc

Interesting and creative as always. And like most of your creations early on, in need of fewer steps and not having a foot touching the ground at certain times. Interested to see the end result.

Fakie big spin 720 manual spin shuv

Antwan
06-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Yep I know it man. Im getting back into ollies and what not too. Makes things more interesting. Few more things. Ollie manual one foot slide back to manny, fakie varial kickflips and got fakie no pop shuv body varials pretty consistant. May have a filmer soon. Video part teasers I suppose.

Poncho Lord
06-20-2013, 10:30 AM
tbh I think the list of tricks I've forgotten is longer than the one of tricks I've learned this year. I'm pretty sure I can't even kickflip anymore.

-Impossibles/3pops
-Fakie Impossibles
-Bigpsins
-Fakie Bigspin Airs (mini ramp)
-Switch Back Smith (mini ramp)
-Switch Slob Plant (mini ramp)
-Fakie No Complies
-No Comply Front Tails on polejams

Can't ollie properly yet tho

Antwan
06-20-2013, 12:37 PM
oh wow fakie no comply sounds tricky.. sounds like it would rest on your leg so you can pull it backward?

Poncho Lord
06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
oh wow fakie no comply sounds tricky.. sounds like it would rest on your leg so you can pull it backward?

the regular one just pops onto your thigh and right back. It doesn't get anywhere really so I don't like doing it. FS Half cab no complies are the trickier ones. You have to pop it just enough so that it doesn't hit you but actually gets some height. They're both kinda dumb to do but half cab is fun.

Antwan
06-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Are you doing a full 180 fakie no comply? My first reaction would probably be a pivot. I cant seem to get no comply 180s but other 180 no comply tricks back to regular sounds dope. Ill have to mess with em.

Poncho Lord
06-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Are you doing a full 180 fakie no comply? My first reaction would probably be a pivot. I cant seem to get no comply 180s but other 180 no comply tricks back to regular sounds dope. Ill have to mess with em.

I've always had a lot of ease when it came to No Complies and not pivoting my tricks so yeah full rotation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBT-gwFgI8

First time No Complying off something yay

knexzor
06-21-2013, 05:28 AM
That was a really good looking no-comply.
Also Pawn you better go fetch Mustafiz and film some more crazy stuff!

pawnluvguitarist
06-22-2013, 06:57 AM
That was a really good looking no-comply.
Also Pawn you better go fetch Mustafiz and film some more crazy stuff!

Hopefully at some point. The thing is he doesn't skate anymore, is real busy with school/work and my laptop finally died like a month ago.

I have seriously considered just finding a filmer and paying him for his time, make a sponsor me vid or something. My best tricks have always been landed off camera because of time constraints and just wanting to hang out and skate and not just film during our sesh.

It just really sucks how when I had all the time in the world to film I sucked. But when I'm at my best and most consistent there's little to no time or the means to film.

Poncho Lord
06-22-2013, 11:28 AM
No Comply Pole Jams (-: (front smith, front lip, front tail, and regular ones)

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1010922_617546824922230_722902898_n.jpg

This one's a lip. I don't think I landed this one but it's just the only photo I got from the contest I learned it on.

Ohmidineffect
06-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Learned Fakie 360 Shuvs and Kickflips between Friday and Today. Subsequently put a hole in my half cabs, they're not even a week old yet. Must find shoe goo.

Next on my list is consistent varial heelflips, varial kickflips, back 180 and front shuvs.

Boxerman08
06-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Learned Fakie 360 Shuvs and Kickflips between Friday and Today. Subsequently put a hole in my half cabs, they're not even a week old yet. Must find shoe goo.

Next on my list is consistent varial heelflips, varial kickflips, back 180 and front shuvs.

Nice man! Fakie 3 shuvs are fun as hell. Next, try a fakie biggerspin ;) I have a feeling I'll never get varial heelflips or even fs shuvs... on certain days, I can get fs shuvs, looking like hella shit, but still landed lol varial heel doesn't work for me though. Keep it up though dud

pawnluvguitarist
06-25-2013, 01:26 PM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1025694_10201355867400723_511360659_o.jpg

Not a new trick but a new pic. Big boneless

Goon_Panda
06-26-2013, 12:27 AM
finally got ollies down pat bitches.

Antwan
06-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Damn thats sick pawn blastin em :cool:

pawnluvguitarist
06-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Damn thats sick pawn blastin em :cool:

Thanks man, I can get em like another foot or so higher but the wind was fucking me up and I forgot how much harder it is to get anything while being filmed.

pawnluvguitarist
06-26-2013, 05:22 PM
http://youtu.be/M-q5dQ-1F-M

Short iPhone line, sorry about the shit quality filming

Poncho Lord
07-23-2013, 11:18 AM
No Comply FS Airs (-:

Boxerman08
07-24-2013, 10:17 AM
No Comply FS Airs (-:

Please film it, I'd love to see that! If you actually air out above coping, that's really dope!

Poncho Lord
08-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Please film it, I'd love to see that! If you actually air out above coping, that's really dope!

I aired out over the local mini ramp coping a couple of days ago. It's kinda weird to do it cause it's really easy to get hung up on the coping, which is why I'm trying to learn No Comply front D. I think it's more of a vert wall trick, except I'd probably throw up from how scary it must be to do it on a vert wall. There's this one gnarly street quarter in the city so I'll probably do it there and film it.

NotedDerk
08-13-2013, 02:05 AM
which is why I'm trying to learn No Comply front D.

I can do no comply front disasters, but no way in hell would I get frontside air no complys, haha.

Antwan
08-13-2013, 09:06 AM
step off one foot blunt skid shuv out on flat of course

Poncho Lord
08-13-2013, 07:45 PM
I can do no comply front disasters, but no way in hell would I get frontside air no complys, haha.

Damn that's weird I find the front D way harder.

Also, as for the thread, today I learned Wallride Switch Front 5-0.

Muhzzy
08-14-2013, 05:58 AM
I've always loved forward flips, and I'm able to stink them. So I thought I would try it fakie, it's really awkward but it's fun to do. And they look sick.

Poncho Lord
08-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I've always loved forward flips, and I'm able to stink them. So I thought I would try it fakie, it's really awkward but it's fun to do. And they look sick.

Hell yeah, bringing stuff to Fakie is always awkward but really fun to do. I got Fakie Impossibles down recently and it's the most awkward trick I've ever done but landing it feels so tight.

Also guys, I'll try to get some No Comply Front Air action going today so I can show you a video.

Muhzzy
08-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Dang! That's sick man. A fakie impossible? That does seem very awkward, haha. And heck yeah man, post some footage

NotedDerk
08-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Not sure if this link will work, but I got a no comply, back 180 staple gun, back revert today. Haven't perfected it at all, just landed it for the first time today.

http://instagram.com/p/dQ77muLwTy/#

echoturbo
08-21-2013, 01:05 AM
I just learn board shuv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMezANnptHg

NotedDerk
08-21-2013, 01:13 AM
That's moses lake guy! I got a back board on that rail, but that was it.

echoturbo
08-21-2013, 10:53 AM
I talked to some locals who knew you

Hobbs
08-22-2013, 07:47 PM
im trying to learn switch front foot impossibles and smith grinds!

Monk
08-22-2013, 08:47 PM
all these bullshit new school names for tricks gotta go! aka "dolphin flip " wtf? stick to the basics it aint that difficult

Hitmanx123
08-22-2013, 09:53 PM
all these bullshit new school names for tricks gotta go! aka "dolphin flip " wtf? stick to the basics it aint that difficult

if i hear anyone say they can do a dolphin flip, i better goddamn see a dolphin rise from the fucking sea and flip.

Antwan
08-23-2013, 09:18 AM
A dolphin from the sea.. what about a tank?

I've started doing flatground slides to caveman hippy shit I guess it's pretty cool
Haven't been as inspired to skate lately.. 20 minutes from anything in the new location.
I'm just jumping over a metal bar on top of two cardboard boxes in a basement haha
Just imagine the one foot flatground skid with a jump over a rail at the end.
I've got the jump fast and fluid but it's just one trick and not sure how to film it either, that's pretty much it not much progression here.
Looks like you guys are doing some sick shit though. Keep it up.

Antwan
09-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Wallie, Manual, One foot tail
Wallie, Manual, One foot blunt
Caveman one foot tail on a mellow ledge to 50-50 stall on what is supposed to be a step-up
Still need a ton of practice with these but I did get a few good looks.

Legba and I also had a like 30 min ledge session when I was in Brooklyn.
sal-flip, tail stall, wallplant back to tail
Boneless one foot tail around a corner
I don't have shit to show for footage
Legba might have clips not sure if they were worth sharing though.

Poncho Lord
09-07-2013, 09:46 AM
I started learning real tranny hesh boy stuff on quarterpipes (=

Bean plant
Texas plant
No Comply front tails

Also I have footage of the no comply front airs but my fuckboy friend hasn't uploaded the edit it's in :(

Maladjusted
09-11-2013, 02:43 AM
I learned Sw No-Comply Impossibles and Nollie No Comply Front Foot Impossibles goofing around the other day.

While the picture is older I'm still pretty stoked on how it turned out.

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/248/ytu5.png

XImortalDEATHX
09-11-2013, 05:19 AM
I learned Sw No-Comply Impossibles and Nollie No Comply Front Foot Impossibles goofing around the other day.

While the picture is older I'm still pretty stoked on how it turned out.

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/248/ytu5.png

"goofing around"? What the heck, I could try all day and not land a kickflip.

Maladjusted
09-11-2013, 05:31 AM
"goofing around"? What the heck, I could try all day and not land a kickflip.

So in our different ways we are the same. ;)

Jebotek
09-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Nice shot man, that shadow looks great

fallingskyline
09-12-2013, 05:42 AM
learned nollie varialflips the other day while playing a game of skate with a friend :)

Maladjusted
09-13-2013, 03:14 AM
learned nollie varialflips the other day while playing a game of skate with a friend :)

hope you had to learn them cause of your friend. ;)

Poncho Lord
09-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Finally some footage of my no comply air.

This one's small but it's hard to do cause the transition is really small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpupdrTput0

It's at like 0:36 but watch the whole thang (=

NotedDerk
09-14-2013, 12:39 AM
I got the stupidest circus trick today, well two actually, but here is the one that took longer.

http://web.stagram.com/p/544502608169959434_29348999

Maladjusted
09-14-2013, 02:02 AM
I got the stupidest circus trick today, well two actually, but here is the one that took longer.

http://web.stagram.com/p/544502608169959434_29348999

Haha amazing! And while it is a bit of a circus trick, it's definitely not stupid. Looks like you had fun figuring that out, which is what counts.

Yarivpa
09-17-2013, 03:04 AM
I wanted to learn frontside airs like Pedro Barros... I thought if he was able to jump high, i could !
I'm proud of my new fs airs but i'm so far from Pedro !

http://img.imagesia.com/fichiers/bm/photo_imagesia-com_bm9p_large.JPG (http://imagesia.com/photo_bm9p)

Poncho Lord
10-19-2013, 01:15 PM
People aren't really learning tricks rn apparently

I got No comply 180 reverts finally

http://instagram.com/p/fn__xDEKBn/ at the end

momadaddy
10-22-2013, 05:50 PM
i recently busted a mean ollie at walmart in the isle. say word

NotedDerk
10-22-2013, 09:15 PM
People aren't really learning tricks rn apparently

I got No comply 180 reverts finally

http://instagram.com/p/fn__xDEKBn/ at the end

I like how the url almost has derk in yet, just switched r with b and rearranged.

Also learned that trick a couple years back, and totally forgot them again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCFOhBBrv7Q

I guess here is the latest dumb trick video from me, not anything I planned on learning, but it was fun trying it.

http://instagram.com/p/egddqxrwTg/#

Poncho Lord
10-23-2013, 12:39 PM
I like how the url almost has derk in yet, just switched r with b and rearranged.

Also learned that trick a couple years back, and totally forgot them again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCFOhBBrv7Q

I guess here is the latest dumb trick video from me, not anything I planned on learning, but it was fun trying it.

http://instagram.com/p/egddqxrwTg/#

I love your circus tricks. And damn that one was pretty proper. I do mine really weird. I don't put my foot down until the whole rewind is done. It's crazy bruh bruh

Poncho Lord
10-25-2013, 06:07 PM
circus tricks on pole jams http://instagram.com/p/f5y7EGJJ0K/

Poncho Lord
11-02-2013, 09:50 AM
I landed a cool no comply big heel (= http://instagram.com/p/gMEfR8kKFW/

Antwan
11-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah it's been pretty cold here and picked up some night classes, really just been gaming.
Got pretty close to no comply jams on straight up and down stuff today.
fences and poles.
Cant get the board back off but I've got the jam part at least.
Couldn't even get the board up before, thin I'm just over thinking it.

Poncho Lord
11-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah it's been pretty cold here and picked up some night classes, really just been gaming.
Got pretty close to no comply jams on straight up and down stuff today.
fences and poles.
Cant get the board back off but I've got the jam part at least.
Couldn't even get the board up before, thin I'm just over thinking it.

no comply polejams/wallies/down stuff all depend on trusting yourself to land it. it takes me some time to land them sometimes cause i psych myself out and i dont put my foot down. it just takes a lil manning the fuck up

Antwan
11-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Ive done wallies too, This ones odd though.
Board is going up vertical and staying that way, no bend in the pole and obviously a fence is pretty straight.
Not skating a traditional "Built to jam" setup, skating what's here.
It's just fences surrounding an area, nowhere to go but back how you got up it.
Could pull it back down fakie or get more of an angled approach I guess.
I'm not afraid haha I just haven't figured it out yet.

Poncho Lord
11-09-2013, 05:41 PM
switch front rocks (=

Boxerman08
11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
v-heels and fs big spins :) have them once in a while, quite rarely actually haha but i'm still super stoked I've landed those recently…

Poncho Lord
11-22-2013, 05:47 PM
didn't learn anything from this but still i got a cool lil line at the park

http://instagram.com/p/hCedq_G7WT/

xtremezoid
11-23-2013, 01:25 PM
backside flip, half-cab flip, bs 360 on flat

Poncho Lord
11-24-2013, 04:46 PM
FUCKIN TRE FLIPS FINALLY

xfreeZe
11-25-2013, 07:17 AM
fakie no comply, no comply Disaster, fakie no comply bigspin and impossible

Poncho Lord
11-25-2013, 04:57 PM
fakie no comply, no comply Disaster, fakie no comply bigspin and impossible

i learned no comply front d recently. such a fucking ridiculous trick im never gonna do it again :(

Antwan
05-08-2014, 01:40 PM
I learned tricks in Dress Shoes.
All I have at the moment, held up better than skate shoes. BELEE THAT?
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10300862_894277043931047_6719865638415329844_n.jpg
The old school board has insane pop yo

Poncho Lord
05-08-2014, 05:55 PM
people don't learn tricks anymore?

i learned switch back 360s today

Poncho Lord
05-08-2014, 06:00 PM
people don't learn tricks anymore?

i learned switch back 360s today

Antwan
05-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Hell yeah.
Haven't been skating as much as I'd like to.
Can't really call tricks "tricks" yet.
If I had to name works in progress..
Caveman Casper spin
No comply sal-flip varial variation
Fakie varial kick flip
I want sal flips out of mannies real bad
Just so I can combo the shit
I can sal flip into manny popping out into hand sucks

Poncho Lord
05-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Hell yeah.
Haven't been skating as much as I'd like to.
Can't really call tricks "tricks" yet.
If I had to name works in progress..
Caveman Casper spin
No comply sal-flip varial variation
Fakie varial kick flip
I want sal flips out of mannies real bad
Just so I can combo the shit
I can sal flip into manny popping out into hand sucks

Yo these are all so tight hahaha

NotedDerk
05-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Haven't learned much worth sharing, but I did get nollie back bigger spins last night sesh I had with a buddy.

Not sure if this link will work, but here it is if you want to check it out.

http://instagram.com/p/nPkKRdrwXv/

Oh yeah, he almost killed me with that second attempt of his, that's why I freaked the fuck out filming.

GSB MLP I-XL
05-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Haven't learned much worth sharing, but I did get nollie back bigger spins last night sesh I had with a buddy.http://instagram.com/p/nPkKRdrwXv/

Nice one, dude. I learned Fakie to Switch 5-0s (Fakie Nosegrind?) on a flatbar. More of a tap but whatevs. lol

Poncho Lord
05-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Haven't learned much worth sharing, but I did get nollie back bigger spins last night sesh I had with a buddy.

Not sure if this link will work, but here it is if you want to check it out.

http://instagram.com/p/nPkKRdrwXv/

Oh yeah, he almost killed me with that second attempt of his, that's why I freaked the fuck out filming.

It's called a nollie gazelle silly

i no complied a 4 stair today first try ayyy

http://instagram.com/p/ny9bHom7YW/

NotedDerk
05-09-2014, 06:52 PM
It's called a nollie gazelle silly

Fuck your antelope trick terminology, I'll call it what I want!

Good job on the no comply front 180 hippopotamus spin down the set though guy.

itsNJ
05-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Haven't been learning anything since snowboarding season ended. I don't skate anymore *gasp*, but I was trying to stomp backside 5's towards the end. Fs is so much easier to commit too. Anybody else here ride?

Antwan
05-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Yeah, bs aka blind side.

I'm Just practicing a lot of circus tricks, per usual.
Expanding on a couple things, video before too long hopefully.
Gotta get out to the park though, flat ground is only the basis, still trying to meet up with a filmer and all.
The only street spots over here are loading docks behind stores, not dogging it.
Use what ya got, I'm just kinda over skating that stuff. So Park footy soon I guess.

GSB MLP I-XL
05-12-2014, 07:46 AM
Everybody here is learning sick stuff on quarters/mini ramps, and here I am only being able to do drop-ins. lol

Antwan
05-12-2014, 06:27 PM
You can't set yourself up like that man.
If there's anything you can learn and take from skateboarding or life itself, it's that we're all on different strokes.
Anyone above you should be motivation, get better and bring your potential in what you do out.
You can only get better, the rest is only mental.
I get dogged by a couple people for skating the way I do here and there, but when I show up and expand on that shit with lines and ledges, different story.
No one can do what you can, this goes for everyone, we all bring something different.
I also strongly believe that without expanding on our potential as individuals, we miss the chance to see something great.
I'm going through the motions to get myself to higher places right now, so sorry about getting all philosophical.
Take from it what you will.

saunders420
05-31-2014, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCLkG7CfZnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCLkG7CfZnE

found my little spot. Ill probably upload clips like this every week, different tricks.

Cheers!

Muhzzy
05-31-2014, 09:15 PM
Ollie off that concrete thing was rad. Nice tre too man

emericaridr11
05-31-2014, 09:55 PM
just make your way down to Colorado and hit some shit already

Boxerman08
05-31-2014, 10:21 PM
Nice Saunders. Those 2 stairs seem perfect to practice new manuals/grinds/slides/etc.!

SmurfsInABox
05-31-2014, 11:32 PM
List Of Snowboard Tricks I Learned This Past Winter
- Nosepress
- Nosepress bs 180 off
- Nosepress fs 180 off
- 5050 fs 360 off
- Fs 180 on switch 5050
- Bs 180 on swtich 5050
- Bs 180 on swtich 5050 switch fs 180 off
- Bs 180 on swtich 5050 switch fs 360 off
- Bs 180 on switch 5-0 switch fs 180 off
- Switch fs 180 on switch 5050
- Switch fs 180 on switch 5050 switch bs 180 off
- Switch 360 on switch 5050
- Fs lipslide 270 off
- Fs tailslide 270 off
- Fs noseblunt 270 off
- Bs bluntslide to regs
- Bs bluntslide 270 off
- Switch bs boardslide
- Switch fs lipslide 270 off
- 5050 while grabbing indy
- 5050 to fs lipslide on an elbow kink
- 5050 to fs tail to 270 off an elbow kink
- Fs 540
I might be forgetting stuff but whatevs
Things I still need to learn:
- Fs boards and Bs lipslides are my kryptonite
- 270s on, as well as pretzel 270s off
- Holding things perfect through kinks
- JUMPS ugh

Side note: When I say blunt or noseblunt, on a snowboard there obviously aren't trucks. The key point that differs blunts from just being lipslides, in my mind, is locking it under your bindings/ more tail or nose and not dead center between your feet. A lot of people just turn their boards and claim wherever their board happens to land on the rail, rather than actually aiming to lock in on a certain point of the base.

I'm super happy with how my winter turned out. Between the tricks I've learned, and the ones I already knew, I feel like I'm half way to being.......someone's boot cleaner Maybe a flow or proform boot cleaner, I don't want to come off to confident hahah
I still suck at skateboarding though :p

Sorry this takes up so much space. I tried to format 3 tricks to a line but Fluckit's set up just wasn't having any of my bullshit haha

saunders420
06-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice Saunders. Those 2 stairs seem perfect to practice new manuals/grinds/slides/etc.!

learning bstails atm. everything backside at the moment...its always been holding me back. Anything really. backside 5-0, lipslide, tailslide...I can never get comfy with those tricks...
These ledges though are safe enough to try shit and long enough to slide. God willing :) lol

Muhzzy
06-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah bro I have a hard time with backside too. I really wanna learn bs lips, I wish I could find a ledge like that to try them on.

Boxerman08
06-01-2014, 04:24 PM
learning bstails atm. everything backside at the moment...its always been holding me back. Anything really. backside 5-0, lipslide, tailslide...I can never get comfy with those tricks...
These ledges though are safe enough to try shit and long enough to slide. God willing :) lol

Haha same. I got fs grinds down but can't do any bs grinds. Only ones I can sometimes rarely do are bs crooks aha. I started learning bs rail tricks last session I had at a park that opened up close by. I started trying bs feebs and bs blunts. Hopefully will get them by the end of the summer!

itsNJ
06-03-2014, 01:03 PM
just make your way down to Colorado and hit some shit already

I wish I had loot to blow on a CO vacation. A-basin is open until the last week of June or something :( Wish it wasn't expensive as fuck to live in Summit County area or I'd probly move out there. Also smurfs thats a solid list. Fs boards and bs lips are fun but fuck trying them on a handrail I know I'll catch an edge and get bucked.

Hitmanx123
06-04-2014, 02:32 PM
how the fuck do you do a pressure flip? like im cumpletely serious. i feel very insecure that i am unable to do this old school type trick

Antwan
06-04-2014, 05:36 PM
how the fuck do you do a pressure flip? like im cumpletely serious. i feel very insecure that i am unable to do this old school type trick
Haha are you desperate enough to take tips from tony hawk?
I used to be into watching the trick tip videos heavy when I was starting out.
They help, but it's really up to the rider to understand and learn how it feels.
Learning any new trick has always reminded me of muscle memory, get it, keep it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCe6guSOOM
There are a lot of people out there that don't know what tricks are really named.
If this is the trick you're talking about in this video..
It's not a shuv, and it's not entirely vertical either.
You can assume a couple things already.. Scooping under, find the perfect area to bring it around.
It's awkward.. this is what I know from learning no comply vertical flips, once in a while I'd get a pressure looking flip.
You might even start there, pop a foot down, scoop, see what the board does, work up to two feet.
Depends on the rider, so advice is really just a basis.
Good luck, have fun.

Hitmanx123
06-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Haha are you desperate enough to take tips from tony hawk?
I used to be into watching the trick tip videos heavy when I was starting out.
They help, but it's really up to the rider to understand and learn how it feels.
Learning any new trick has always reminded me of muscle memory, get it, keep it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCe6guSOOM
There are a lot of people out there that don't know what tricks are really named.
If this is the trick you're talking about in this video..
It's not a shuv, and it's not entirely vertical either.
You can assume a couple things already.. Scooping under, find the perfect area to bring it around.
It's awkward.. this is what I know from learning no comply vertical flips, once in a while I'd get a pressure looking flip.
You might even start there, pop a foot down, scoop, see what the board does, work up to two feet.
Depends on the rider, so advice is really just a basis.
Good luck, have fun.

thanks pawn, i honestly have the pressure and right amount muscle memory to do it, but i just cant get the board to execute the trick in the way i want. im not sure if its because of my trucks (ride loose af) or if its just the way in which im doing the trick. just want to do one in a game of skate so i can get letter to be completely honest lol. its such a fucked up thing to do but i just tire of the same basics

Poncho Lord
06-08-2014, 08:17 PM
thanks pawn, i honestly have the pressure and right amount muscle memory to do it, but i just cant get the board to execute the trick in the way i want. im not sure if its because of my trucks (ride loose af) or if its just the way in which im doing the trick. just want to do one in a game of skate so i can get letter to be completely honest lol. its such a fucked up thing to do but i just tire of the same basics

its your trucks. I ride my trucks extremely loose, jiggle and all. i can do impossibles and i know pressure flips are pretty much an impossible you let go of prematurely. ive tried them on boards with tighter trucks and i get close to them

Hitmanx123
06-10-2014, 02:49 PM
its your trucks. I ride my trucks extremely loose, jiggle and all. i can do impossibles and i know pressure flips are pretty much an impossible you let go of prematurely. ive tried them on boards with tighter trucks and i get close to them

thats what im thinking, like the actually "pressure" isnt there when i go to do the trick because most of it has een distributed already via the turning of the truck. likea rubber band effect sorta. I could tighten my back trucks more but i have bones blue bushings already in so it doesnt really do much lol. I guess ill just have to stick with pressure ollies...if thats even a thing?

pawnluvguitarist
06-19-2014, 10:57 AM
No new tricks, I barely skate anymore. The few times that I have skated lately I've been amazed at the tricks that I can still pull off consistently somehow. I've come to terms that I've peaked as a skateboarder and it's still fun skating every once in a while when I have the chance.

saunders420
06-21-2014, 08:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCOU6ExLl0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCOU6ExLl0

finally got my hardflips back.
I need to get a flatbar up there ASAP!

pressure flips are my go too.
I always had my friend kill em until he stopped skating, I always tried until I figured it out.
Its all in the back foot and that toe.

pawnluvguitarist
08-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Wow it's been a long time since I've landed something new.

Just got pressure flips into caspers instead of the Ollie in. I think this might allow for eventual fakie Casper spins

Edit

Just got a fakie 360 Casper spin

Muhzzy
08-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Wow it's been a long time since I've landed something new.

Just got pressure flips into caspers instead of the Ollie in. I think this might allow for eventual fakie Casper spins

Gotta post a clip of that bro!

I landed 2 fakie big inward heels the other day. They weren't very clean, kind of pivoted a little. But I'm gonna keep working on them cause that trick is a lot of fun

xfreeZe
08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Bs Sweeper and slob plant for once

Boxerman08
08-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Most recent trick I've been working on are fakie hardflips, gotta get 'em clean!

EmmitBrown
08-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Just droppin in to give two big thumbs up to fakie hardflips!

Boxerman08
08-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Just droppin in to give two big thumbs up to fakie hardflips!

haha ;) I can't seem to do them regular... thought I could try fakie and they seem to be easier (for me anyways)

pawnluvguitarist
08-25-2014, 02:00 PM
540 Casper spin

Poncho Lord
08-26-2014, 03:33 PM
been battling switch crooks

Legba
08-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Just learned half cab crooks and fakie boardslide kickflip out this month.
I also relearned my hardflips and full cab flips.
....Still trying to get inwards back.
Oh the things we forget.

Antwan
07-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Thread revived from the depths, kindve like me skating baha.
Weather has been crazy around here but I set out to skate today for about an hour.
So my process has been one foot tail skids on flat translate to one foot tailslides on ledges.
Different beast but still prepares me mentally.
So now I'm working on one foot tailskids to flip over darkcatches on flat.
The intent is to do one foot tail slides to switch up darkslides on ledges and then down ledges from there.
I underestimated the flatground stuff for a long time, flipping out even on flatground I would jump way above the board with no grip. Just started getting makes haha. So stoked lately just had to skate. Filming will happen, just not this soon.
As far as I can tell people dont Like seeing my process anyway. Basis is basics for sure.

Monk
07-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Yeah bro I have a hard time with backside too. I really wanna learn bs lips, I wish I could find a ledge like that to try them on. in my experience it is better to learn shifties before lipslides.. esp bs lips.. fronts are easy but when you are going over a rail opp direction you need to tweak bs last possible moment to hit the rail

TheIronz
07-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Wow, you guys are WAAAY better than me!

My Tricks this year:

FS Flip
Fakie FS Flip
Varial Kickflip
Popped 3shuv
No-pop 540shuv
Manual to Kickflip
Manual to Shuv
Manual to powerslide bs180 out
Nose Manual FS pivot out
Nose Manual to shuv
1 foot nose manual to 1 foot shuv
5-0 to 180 out
BS 180 to 50-50
No-Comply 180
No-Comply varial heelflip
QP Feeble Stall
QP Smith Stall
QP Kickflip to Rock Fakie / Rock 'n' Roll

I've also learned alot of weird "powerslide" style tricks, just like flat tricks that you can do for abit of style... basically, things I do when I dont want to jump.

Powerslide FS 360
No-Comply style 1-foot powerslide 180
Nollie FS 180 powerslide to quickshuffle BS 180 powerslide
Fast rolling mini-pop nosegrab tail scrape.

Thats all I can remember right now...

Granka
07-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Lately been toying around with this kind of lazy Ride on-frontside tailslide. Like a no comply fs tailslide but without the pop :D
Stupid trick to sit here and talk about, but I like doing it. It probably looks like shit but I like how it feels when I do it.

Antwan
07-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Ayy good shit Ironz. That flatground stuff sounds dope too.

Granka I'm sure that trick looks sick.

Been skating more, flatground is all I have at the moment.
Stoked on the ideas though. Can't wait to expand.
New variation idea. Boneless half flip darkslide. Making them on flat. :o

saunders420
07-11-2015, 01:48 PM
weak ass no comply up a three stair. :p
https://instagram.com/p/4-OmYEigq3/?taken-by=saunders420

noobtard07
07-11-2015, 05:58 PM
idk if anyone around here remembers my old youtube clips but i used to do a TON of big drops, stair sets and gaps in my younger years. My body can't take that kind of stress anymore though. Also, due to where i'm living for the summer, i've been given a fresh skatepark to learn all kinds of fun things. I really, really enjoy tranny skating but i've never been good at it, and this park is pretty much all concrete transition. concrete mini (about 5 feet tall with a sketchy ass diy extension up to 6 feet), a bunch of 5ft quarter pipes and some random other things. I've been learning a lot of fun footplant tricks like bs boneless plant to tail, footplant fakie on the sketchy extension, and russian bonelesses (video attached). Also random miniramp tricks like fakie 270 feebles to regular and fakie, back 5-0 pop to fakie and kickflip out to fakie, fakie smith pop to front rock, back smith 270, and :cool:back smith 270 kickflip to fakie:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXVVgHOkzh0

Boxerman08
07-11-2015, 06:21 PM
... I really, really enjoy tranny skating but i've never been good at it ... bs boneless plant to tail, footplant fakie on the sketchy extension, and russian bonelesses (video attached). Also random miniramp tricks like fakie 270 feebles to regular and fakie, back 5-0 pop to fakie and kickflip out to fakie, fakie smith pop to front rock, back smith 270, and back smith 270 kickflip to fakie

You claim to not be good at tranny, yet you can definitely do a shitload of sick tricks man haha, that russian boneless looks hella fun (and sick as fuck too).. wish I was good at tranny (and I really am not good at it haha). One day though, when I buy my own house, I swore to myself to build one in my backyard... one day :cool:

noobtard07
07-11-2015, 06:31 PM
i'm definitely getting better but nowhere near what some of the locals at this park can do... massive frontside airs, frontside slashes the length of the mini, huge back disasters on the extension, blunt fakies on the extension, overall just much faster and much more confident than me lol

edit: ugh and this one kid can do the gnarliest nosepicks ever i wanna learn those so bad...and he has blunt back 180s and front 180's, switch blunt fs and bs 180s, and he can effortlessly pop front 180's into noseblunts

Boxerman08
07-11-2015, 06:35 PM
You've said it though, they're LOCALS. Those guys grew up skating that park, so they're used to it. I'm sure you're better at them in some other aspect of skating ;)

noobtard07
07-11-2015, 06:42 PM
this is true... the park i grew up with was pretty much all kickers/ramps and drops so thats what i ended up skating in the streets..hence why i had such a deathwish at a young age vvvvv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNvVyVtSWXw
just ignore the kid in the background

Antwan
07-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Damn noob, was gonna say I could relate baha.
Used to go pretty big but Never did anything that big.
Still pretty young here, 24, couple near death experiences shakes you up though.
Still skating, just not like I used to.

noobtard07
07-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Still skating, just not like I used to.

right there with ya buddy. 19 almost 20 and i skate nothing like my 14-15 year old self did..

Here's a nice comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACkNEzgU4o
14 year old me

noobtard07
07-11-2015, 07:33 PM
vs 16-19 year old me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCnKa_by_3k

Antwan
07-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Damn. Sick man.
None of my friends were filmers back in the day.
Where are you skating at just all over? Thought I saw Maloof in the second video.

Boxerman08
07-11-2015, 08:14 PM
You were killing it back then and still are to this day.

And yeah Antwan, that was Maloof in the 2nd clip. I miss NYC lol :(

noobtard07
07-11-2015, 08:14 PM
in the 2010 edit a majority is Boston footage with a few california sports from a trip i took. all the park footage is local stuff. and yeah that is Maloof NY in the second video. I go to St. John's University in Queens, and that park is literally 1 mile from my campus over in Flushing

Boxerman08
07-11-2015, 08:33 PM
So jealous lol flushing is so damn sick. Skated there only once last year and filmed my buddy doing a fs lip to switch crooks over the gate... https://instagram.com/p/0OLMAQrIPX/

Antwan
07-12-2015, 02:54 AM
I've been meaning to check it out. Next time I'm in NY for sure.

noobtard07
07-12-2015, 04:15 PM
So jealous lol flushing is so damn sick. Skated there only once last year and filmed my buddy doing a fs lip to switch crooks over the gate... https://instagram.com/p/0OLMAQrIPX/

daamn that's awesome. i love the unisphere so much

Antwan
07-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Big ups on the no comply up the set Saunders, makes me want to go try em haha.
Old school board too? Niice.

So stoked lately. Inspired by this awesome community.
It isn't much yet but sayin fluck it call this part one.
Part two will be on flat ledges and me investing in an iPhone tripod LOL
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Powe5D6QaS0
Cheers dudes, keep it rollin.

Pifachu
07-17-2015, 12:57 PM
that was pretty cool to watch antwan, i am going to break out a new board in a couple minute, might warm up with that kind of thing

Antwan
07-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Thanks man. Still trying to get them perfect haha.
Almost wonder if it would be easier to skip flat.
Might hit up the park this weekend if the weather stays nice.
Got quite a few variation ideas already.

noobtard07
07-17-2015, 05:56 PM
new one from the other day.. been wanting this one for awhile. ended up having to take the first land because my phone died and i had to head back to cape cod :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRMKcgNDe5I

Poncho Lord
07-17-2015, 09:49 PM
did a fun one today. no comply 180 fakie 5-0 revert

pawnluvguitarist
07-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Big ups on the no comply up the set Saunders, makes me want to go try em haha.
Old school board too? Niice.

So stoked lately. Inspired by this awesome community.
It isn't much yet but sayin fluck it call this part one.
Part two will be on flat ledges and me investing in an iPhone tripod LOL
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Powe5D6QaS0
Cheers dudes, keep it rollin.

That's sick man. I'd try them if my board had any pop or concave haha

All it needs is to be a little quicker with the step and you're golden. Really impressed with how you flipped out of it.

Antwan
07-18-2015, 07:57 AM
That's sick man. I'd try them if my board had any pop or concave haha

All it needs is to be a little quicker with the step and you're golden. Really impressed with how you flipped out of it.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the boneless motion.
More of a stepping stone to get used to flipping out.
If you remember a ways back I was messing with caveman darkslides when I was staying in downtown Cincinnati.
Oh yeah, you had a bunch of decks and you reshaped them too right?
You still skating at all? I fell off for a while but don't remember seeing any footy.
That big boneless on the quarter is what I remember seeing.
You should try them. If only to expand on your caspers. No comply half flip is a cool thought too.
I don't think pop matters, could be wrong but my success on video appears to be rocking the board over and jumping.

pawnluvguitarist
07-18-2015, 10:39 AM
That's the thing though, you can rock because of concave and pop, mine just lays flat

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
07-18-2015, 11:31 AM
I learned fakie fs smith kickflip out in the mini as well as hardflip nosestall and hardflip rock to fakie

Antwan
07-18-2015, 11:54 AM
That's the thing though, you can rock because of concave and pop, mine just lays flat
I mean, have you tried? Haha
If anything I feel like you could use your shoes against the trucks?
Just in theory.
I've also picked up a few Walmart decks in the past. You could set it up nice with proper equipment.
They are cheap boards like 20$ here, traditional store with a sporting goods section.
I don't know what stores they have there or how the prices translate so just explained it anyway haha.

Sounds like everyone is ripping.
We still never did that fluck it in real life skate collaboration.
Would be sick yo! Include everyone too. BMXers, Bladers. Sorry if that term is off Baha I'm not hip with the lingos.

pawnluvguitarist
07-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah I can't even kick my board over when it's upside down. I haven't really skated much lately. But the few times I have I've noticed I didn't really lose much which is comforting. I'm glad you're still ripping, hopefully you can get some footage

Nelson
07-18-2015, 02:15 PM
I learned fakie fs smith kickflip out in the mini as well as hardflip nosestall and hardflip rock to fakie
I wanna see that http://i.imgur.com/AhAhl1y.png

Antwan
07-18-2015, 04:27 PM
Dropped a link in the comfy couch section. Couple trick ideas, just on flat though.
My plan is to get some filming done for sure. Might be a little while though.
Any reason you aren't skating pawn? Just busy?

pawnluvguitarist
07-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Mostly just due to my work schedule this summer Antwan.
Afternoon/evening work which would force me to skate first thing in the morning before work or really late at night, not a fan.
That and just less free time and different priorities that come along with getting engaged and living together. I've focused more on guitar in my free time.
But I'll be back to regular day shifts soon though so I'll definitely be skating more in the fall.

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
07-19-2015, 10:51 AM
I wanna see that http://i.imgur.com/AhAhl1y.png

when my boy comes over ill make sure to get that footy

noobtard07
07-19-2015, 03:58 PM
when my boy comes over ill make sure to get that footy

if you get a vid of the hardflip nosestall ill match with a blunt hardflip out :cool:

Pifachu
07-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Mostly just due to my work schedule this summer Antwan.
Afternoon/evening work which would force me to skate first thing in the morning before work or really late at night, not a fan.
That and just less free time and different priorities that come along with getting engaged and living together. I've focused more on guitar in my free time.
But I'll be back to regular day shifts soon though so I'll definitely be skating more in the fall.

you just made me realize i mostly skate at night now, less people in park/street, less light to, but i guess it just make it more hardcore....

got to skate with an old friend of mine, the dude didnt skate much this summer cause he got an open fracture riding the bowl in april, so after surgery and stuff he just got back at it, anyway

i landed a switch rock to fakie (or to nollie ?) on a full size concrete jersey barrier, really good feel to it, pretty raw...

i sometime hope i had a camera, or a buddy that got one, then i would have to skate more in the day to get good light,
i will get back there and try to at least take a pic,

Antwan
07-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Haha. I would like to say I'm busy but truth is im fortunate.
Got free time at the end of most days. Trying to get motivated.
Went hunting and found a decent little line. Didn't end up doing it but did work on a trick I've been wanting to expand on. Switch no comply body varial. Did it over a gap, wasn't perfect but I still get stoked when I'm close.
Included a funny ass bail. Fell a lot baha.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=eM78OJW-iqo
Actually going to break on filming for a while till I can landscape with some kind of tripod.
Angle is terrible can't even tell what I went over.

noobtard07
07-22-2015, 11:13 AM
filmed my first street clip in probably 2 years yesterday. the clip should be getting sent to me shortly and ill upload it for ya

Pifachu
07-22-2015, 08:07 PM
i landed a switch rock to fakie (or to nollie ?) on a full size concrete jersey barrier, really good feel to it, pretty raw...

i sometime hope i had a camera, or a buddy that got one, then i would have to skate more in the day to get good light,
i will get back there and try to at least take a pic,

got them for about 5 minute today, friend of mine filmed a shitty one with his cell phone

https://youtu.be/sGGT_uFrnIY

a am not happy with how it look but ill go back and work it for sure...

noobtard07
07-27-2015, 02:54 PM
yo yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvsKpd9fQfY&feature=youtu.be

Poncho Lord
07-28-2015, 11:26 AM
switch noseslides :) :) :) i should start trying to skate ledges in my stance tho

Hitmanx123
07-30-2015, 02:07 AM
havent really skated over the last couple months but did anybody see the whole NBD contest that berrics had going? saw some crazy ass shit and the when they announced the winner was Jake Blue i was like "huh...sounds familiar". is that the same jake blue who was made fun of on skate for a while?

Antwan
08-02-2015, 03:44 PM
I looked for the contest after you mentioned it.
Couldn't find much but one dude took freestyle and combined it with ledge grinds.
Which was badass. I was wondering when someone would expand. So much potential.
And chris cole is just a monster. Awesome tricks.

I just got back from skating.
I like to share my attempts if only to get people thinking.
Took the boneless half flip darkslide to a planter today.
I know people mentioned it being a grip tape killer but it's no joke.
I've also cleaned up the steps. It's a lot quicker with a legit boneless.
I didn't get a make as the spot demands a shuv type flip out.

Poncho Lord
08-02-2015, 04:58 PM
almost landed those funky slappy front nose front 270 out things. couldnt ride them out tho

noobtard07
08-02-2015, 05:07 PM
havent really skated over the last couple months but did anybody see the whole NBD contest that berrics had going? saw some crazy ass shit and the when they announced the winner was Jake Blue i was like "huh...sounds familiar". is that the same jake blue who was made fun of on skate for a while?

his gamertag was lbb and some numbers. he used to go on the ea forums but i don't remember him being made fun of

Antwan
08-03-2015, 01:31 AM
I remember a jake.. Ha.
Wouldn't be surprised honestly.
There were some rippers messing with the skate games.

So I've been working on getting my stamina back.
Something I'm finding useful is a straight up concrete track around the lake here.
Just cruising and getting some top speeds. Makes me wish everything was that smooth rolling.

Ideas as of late:
Legit boneless flips. None of that multi-hand stuff, just starting the fliptrick and grabbing it.
Finishing the flip and jumping on all simultaneously after the hop.

Momentum cavemans, using an object on a henge that goes back and then forward again.
A fence door being my object.

Powerslide flat shuv hippie jump.
A tree at the track looks perfect.

I also really want to bring it back.
Thinking about stuff like streetplants to tail slides or even just manuals.

Need to get Wallies going again too. I was consistent for a while.

The beauty of it..
Starts as an idea, just time until success.
That mindset is sick. If you've experienced it you can apply it to anything.

Pifachu
08-15-2015, 07:30 AM
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11909705_943103819062178_1021098676_n.jpg?oh=3e8df 497dc63e6b498986012d8b95209&oe=55D14552

Hobbs
08-15-2015, 11:20 AM
^ front d? fuck yes!

Poncho Lord
08-15-2015, 06:06 PM
landed em! if you guys dont know what i meant by my last post, its this trick, but switch in my case

https://vine.co/v/epaI7JVQBxu

noobtard07
08-15-2015, 06:13 PM
landed em! if you guys dont know what i meant by my last post, its this trick, but switch in my case

yooo this is fucking sick

Hobbs
08-15-2015, 06:43 PM

yooo I've seen people do this, how the fuck does it work?

Pifachu
08-15-2015, 10:13 PM

thats wicked...

Poncho Lord
08-16-2015, 06:16 PM
got one down today in the last 5 mins of the session after getting my shit kicked in twice by a front rock on the 7 footers at the park. it was bad but i didnt mind, got compliments from danny renaud on insta =)
https://vine.co/v/epr5qnE7hHE

yooo I've seen people do this, how the fuck does it work?

all in how you go at the ledge. you gotta get the tail over and around so its all about momentum

Poncho Lord
10-09-2015, 05:31 PM
got slappy noseslide front 270 out today on a knee high ledge

Antwan
10-13-2015, 04:15 AM
No comply grabs are too much fun. Front foot no comply impossibles if that's a thing if not it should be. Boneless foootplants, powerslide to boneless pivots, boneless 360 shuvs and boneless triple flips. Ollie footplants as well as some Mullen inspired stuff I'm working at.. Wrap around flip type stuff.

Poncho Lord
10-23-2015, 06:45 PM
finally figured out switch pop shuvits, time to learn how to do them regular now

Antwan
10-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Cool, shuvs were the first trick I learned not counting Ollies. Pretty fun in fakie too. I landed one of those wrap around things haha. Foot goes under and scoops the board up. Mullen did it in a video part on a yellow tiled bank. Really want to get boneless triple flip body varials. Got a new weird combo too, manual to a crack one foot Chinese Ollie, ride board one footed to a ledge for a fingerflip caveman finish haha. Feels cool. Otherwise getting other tricks more consistent lately.

Poncho Lord
10-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Cool, shuvs were the first trick I learned not counting Ollies. Pretty fun in fakie too. I landed one of those wrap around things haha. Foot goes under and scoops the board up. Mullen did it in a video part on a yellow tiled bank. Really want to get boneless triple flip body varials. Got a new weird combo too, manual to a crack one foot Chinese Ollie, ride board one footed to a ledge for a fingerflip caveman finish haha. Feels cool. Otherwise getting other tricks more consistent lately.

yea when i say learn i mean i wanna learn em good. ive always been able to do shuvs, but regular ones always bother me. fakie pop shuvs are awesome but they give me hot pockets