PDA

View Full Version : What new tricks have you learned this year?

Pages : [1] 2 3

pawnluvguitarist
03-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Just starting to really get back into skating every day again now that the snow's gone. Been getting a bunch of new tricks, feels great just thought i'd share, so what tricks have you guys been working on or just learned this season?

boneless 540 manual spin
footplant 1640 manual spin
1 foot 900 manual spin
1 foot 360 shuv landing one foot

Antwan
03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Not sure what to call it but no comply wall kick while flipping the board with one foot did that one
Did a Hippie wallplant.. Board under bench foot off wall beside bench
360 reverts are hard
1 foot 360 reverts are harder
1 foot manuals would be cool have gotten a little distance with them
to rail underflip.. really close to that one
Holding my manual longer
Landed a few wallplant fingerflips.. got lucky with a quad one..
Pretty good so far.. variations of variations are the best.

EternalRewind
03-18-2011, 07:31 PM
I finally learned how to fs flip..I really want to learn how to to more manual tricks sometime, I want to 360 flips to nose manny etc...Anything safe and not so dangerous lol

I'm going to be 26 in may and I plan on skating and learning new tricks until im to lazy to continue or an not interested in skating...

nolan1053
03-18-2011, 07:47 PM
One foot mannys and one foot nose mannys.

xI blisk Ix
03-18-2011, 10:15 PM
feel a few more new ones coming in but as of right now it would be
nollie BS 360 shuv
nollie BS and FS bigspins
nollie 180 (don't go back first not sure what one it is)
switch ollie sex change

also i'm super close to nollie tres can't wait tell i can stick em every time its sad my regular tres are pretty much non existance

nolan1053
03-18-2011, 11:13 PM
feel a few more new ones coming in but as of right now it would be
nollie BS 360 shuv
nollie BS and FS bigspins
nollie 180 (don't go back first not sure what one it is)
switch ollie sex change

also i'm super close to nollie tres can't wait tell i can stick em every time its sad my regular tres are pretty much non existance

Backside and Frontside are weird when you're nollie. A nollie bigspin looks like a fakie frontside bigspin.

Ohmidineffect
03-19-2011, 12:32 AM
LASER FLIPS!! Laser flips and wallies basically. I need to skate more in real life hahaha. Oh and I got fakie big down a bit cleaner.

thesignguy
03-19-2011, 05:57 AM
I got mine on film actually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUxUiMyt70&feature=youtube_gdata_player

xI blisk Ix
03-19-2011, 10:19 AM
What form of jesus are you!

thesignguy
03-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Apparently the form that gets no respect

Skatehead
03-19-2011, 03:47 PM
i landed all these tricks...
http://lh3.ggpht.com/axiuex2/Rsk324LCcPI/AAAAAAAABN0/ciXWndaU9FU/ClearGirls-group3.jpg

DVC
03-20-2011, 03:51 AM
The weather has actually only just started to turn nice a few weeks ago so I haven't had much time to start getting new tricks done. Spent most of my skate days on refresher courses just make sure I've still got everything I can already do. I did learn hardflips of the switch variety the other day though but I only got 2 in a row, and it only counts if you get 3 so meh. I really wanna learn cab back tails, was trying them for months last summer but kept landing in back lip. Sketchy ass trick, that.

Tubilakken
03-20-2011, 04:18 AM
SG what movie was that from ?

thesignguy
03-20-2011, 06:11 AM
The great "back to school"
Appears that movie is 25 years old

adda89ldn
03-20-2011, 06:19 AM
skatehead 4 president!

Antwan
03-21-2011, 07:02 AM
I was thinking about a sideways shuv it has been on my mind and I don't have to start working till the 1st
Thinking something close to a shuv while doing a powerslide? Yet to experiment..

bohemian
03-21-2011, 07:49 AM
getting dumped

skelli_bonez
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
ive been learning some front 360 shuvs, fs crooks, pivot fakies on transition and overall transition skating stuff

11' starting off good!

Antwan
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
fakie pivot to no comply hardflip.. but I kept getting an extra half flip after the hardflip rotation the board bounces upside down flips and I land bolts
got them consecutive son.. I don't know if you'd call that an underflip but it's damn fun
to do three in a row with little speed :)
working from home and mobile.. damn I'm in the business.. skating on call is what's up.

Also working on no comply impossible.. hard to get the flip completely vertical

pawnluvguitarist
04-01-2011, 08:52 AM
sounds sick Antwan, you should try and post some footy some time if you can.

Lately i've been coming close to one foot 360 powerslides on flat and i've really been improving on my manual spins. My best yet was like 10 full rotations. :)

Antwan
04-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I tried a lot in two hours manual spins was one thing.. can't seem to get past 540s
I'll slip up or my board goes into a 360 shuv
Got a few flatground ollie footplants
Yeah I don't really have a camera I could try an iphone filmer lol
I wouldn't know what camera to buy.. and I can't seem to save in HD anymore so it would probably be for no use to buy something great, we'll see though..
I'm really just getting back into skateboarding.. got a sal flip body varial.. did a hippie jump footplant on the side of this pole.. kinda scary it was pretty much a kick

pawnluvguitarist
04-01-2011, 10:03 AM
funny you say that you can't get past 540's. I kind of consider 540 and under one trick and over 540 another. Because you can pretty much do up to 540's in one pump, but anything over you need to pump again in the rotation. Kind of like how you would hula hoop, I've found if you kinda keep pumping throughout the spin and not just at the start they feel so different, very fun...

xI blisk Ix
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
learned a few new tricks in a few days worth of skating.
switch ollie fs body varial
nollie BS 180
nollie BS big spin
no comply pop shuv underflip

My friend just learned how to fakie 540 big spin my goal is to learn them by the end of the week keep doing bigger spins though -.-

nolan1053
04-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I need to get back into skating. I've been kind of out of it, no motivation.

Antwan
04-02-2011, 04:09 AM
I'll have to try that pawn.. I usually try to use the momentum of the rewind and hold a manual.. curious though, do you tail-skid with yours?
It looks like it in some of your footage but hard to tell at certain times.. I'm trying to stay on my wheels haha

Blisk the no comply shuv underflip? haha what? do you kick it when you are landing or is it one motion or what..
I always thought those were interesting to watch I've only seen a few but I've seen people kick on their way down to land bolts and
on the way up.

Yeah I hear that nolan it's more about just getting out there because it's cold as hell around here right now
but at least it isn't raining.. being stuck inside for rain and or snow can cause some depression.. good to get out..
and when I skate It's all about me; kinda zone everything else out.

pawnluvguitarist
04-02-2011, 09:45 AM
yeah antwan, i used to scratch occasionally on the big spins, i cut that out recently. Ive really improved my manual spins lately, went from at best 4 full rotations to 8. will probably put a trick tip up at some point, quite a few tips.

Antwan
04-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Would be cool.. I've looked it up there aren't many old school trick tips that I could find sadly..
I had seen the one foot reverts before though so I tried looking for it..
I've tried studying videos but some things still don't click you know.

xI blisk Ix
04-02-2011, 10:53 AM
the no comply pop shuv underflip is pretty easy if you put some time into it. all you need to do is put your back foot more off the toe side than usual begin the pop shuv and when its about half way through the pop shuv rotation flip your foot up (back foot)

in this video he kinda screwed up keeping his back foot right under the board so it resulted in a late flip making him over rotate it. fun trick i recommend learning it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxb-m2rHKYU

pawnluvguitarist
04-02-2011, 01:31 PM
the no comply pop shuv underflip is pretty easy if you put some time into it. all you need to do is put your back foot more off the toe side than usual begin the pop shuv and when its about half way through the pop shuv rotation flip your foot up (back foot)

in this video he kinda screwed up keeping his back foot right under the board so it resulted in a late flip making him over rotate it. fun trick i recommend learning it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxb-m2rHKYU

That looked real cool, gotta try those, i think i'd rather do it with a fs shuv though

nolan1053
04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I really just need new trucks. I've been riding some old Thunders that are meant for size 8s.
Last trick I learned was No Comply front tails on curbs/parking blocks.

Antwan
04-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Went to the local park for about an hour today
made what I like to call sketchy stalls..
ok so I'm sure we've all walked on the board while it was sideways feet just about hanging off of the nose and tail
it's even more fun on a transition with a fluid revert out.. did my first 360 revert today too out of a sketchy stall ;)

not to be confused with walk the dog by the way..
what I'm talking about is almost a scooting motion on both sides of the board rather fast the way I do it.

xI blisk Ix
04-02-2011, 02:53 PM
pawn i think it would be a lot harder FS just because you can't use your toe to flick it as well. Then again i'm better at heelflips than kickflips so i guess i'm going against myself. Also i learned bs boardslides shuv out and bs crooks today. I'm trying to convert to a dennis busenitz style just because it makes ledge tricks so much easier

Antwan
04-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah everyone's different man..
I do no complys inverted in my normal stance.. hard to explain even.. I'll try to get footage sometime.

nolan1053
04-02-2011, 03:14 PM
pawn i think it would be a lot harder FS just because you can't use your toe to flick it as well. Then again i'm better at heelflips than kickflips so i guess i'm going against myself. Also i learned bs boardslides shuv out and bs crooks today. I'm trying to convert to a dennis busenitz style just because it makes ledge tricks so much easier

I prefer skating fast as fuck, too. I was never really a huge gap person, but I have really high ollies and I like to do tricks over stuff. Only thing bad about skating fast, the faster you skate, the harder you fall.

pawnluvguitarist
04-02-2011, 04:11 PM

yeah, im definitely more comfortable with the no comply fs shuv, got em pretty much on lock, curbs, into manuals ect, but your right it would make the flip harder, but i think i'd late heel out of a no comply fs before i no comply bs shuv underflip.

xI blisk Ix
04-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I prefer skating fast as fuck, too. I was never really a huge gap person, but I have really high ollies and I like to do tricks over stuff. Only thing bad about skating fast, the faster you skate, the harder you fall.

yeah and it makes the road rash that much worse but hopefully it will make a good story when the girls ask about it ;)

yeah pawn just mess with it you'll get it eventually i've been trying to learn a heelflip under laser fip kinda thing

pawnluvguitarist
04-02-2011, 04:28 PM
yeah and it makes the road rash that much worse but hopefully it will make a good story when the girls ask about it ;)

Yeah i love the fast skating too every once in a while. But yeah roadrash sucks haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNU1HfYap4&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOcbxI47-HM&feature=channel_video_title

Antwan
04-02-2011, 05:57 PM
"Im actually feeling pretty good right now" haha
I've bailed at high speed but not that fast..
all I know is with a decent amount of speed cooking up when you bail it's more of a whiplash than anything
almost like a state of numb that hurts later.

pawnluvguitarist
04-02-2011, 06:44 PM
im gonna skate with Mustafiz filming tomorrow morning for like 20 mins, should have a nice little flatground vid by the end of the weekend if all goes well :)

nolan1053
04-02-2011, 11:37 PM
I was trying to fakie flip this loading ramp not too long ago, but you need to get pulled by a car doing it. So I was hauling ass switch and hit a crack or a pebble or something going up the ramp and flew and landed directly on my left shoulder.
Skating fast is scary but so much fun.

Antwan
04-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I've found if you lean back a tiny bit and put almost no pressure on your feet you can cruise over rocks.. even with small ass wheels.

replicant
04-03-2011, 08:15 AM
One of the guys I used to skate with as a teenager still suffers from very bad seizures from cracking his head on a hill bomb. Smaller wheels, speed wobbles, tiny rocks, and him with no helmet. Messed him up pretty bad when that wheel pinched and threw him. I have another friend who lost a ball when he janked out a boardslide on a 6 step rail and landed full nutter. You gotta be careful out there. I have a nice medical file of broken, sprained, and tweaked muscles and bones from hucking myself off just about anything I could climb up on. Skate smarter than I did as a kid. :)

DonVigo
04-03-2011, 11:24 AM
One of the guys I used to skate with as a teenager still suffers from very bad seizures from cracking his head on a hill bomb. Smaller wheels, speed wobbles, tiny rocks, and him with no helmet. Messed him up pretty bad when that wheel pinched and threw him. I have another friend who lost a ball when he janked out a boardslide on a 6 step rail and landed full nutter. You gotta be careful out there. I have a nice medical file of broken, sprained, and tweaked muscles and bones from hucking myself off just about anything I could climb up on. Skate smarter than I did as a kid. :)

When parents ask me about skating or snowboarding, I always tell them I'm a prime example as to why their kid needs to wear a helmet. Seven concussions later, my short term... Uh... Crap... Short term... What the heck is that... Oh well, I can't rememember, but it's not very good anymore.

pawnluvguitarist
04-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Just filmed a nice 20 min flatground sesh, short vid tonight

Antwan
04-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Sweet pawn..
man I got some road rash today down and out for a week maybe..
Going to hit a bunch of people up about filming me though..
got some crazy variations today.. shit I thought I could never do..
Got No comply 360 flip double kickflips
no comply fingerslap body varials
and my favorite trick ever.. god I can't believe this shit
no comply tail skid polejam up a straight pole.. nothing bent about it late heel out, son!

fallingskyline
04-04-2011, 04:05 AM
last tricks i learned have been:

- cabflip on flat
- bs 360 kickflip to fakie (not treflip but 360 ollie kickflip - with full body rotation) on a bank in my local skatehall
- ghettobird (hardflip bs 180)

replicant
04-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Felt awesome yesterday to help a kid do his first grind. It was a severely janky 50-50 on a painted curb, but he'd never landed a grind of any type before and you gotta start somewhere.
He taught me how to ride a "Rip Stik" which is this screwed up two wheeled inline skateboard (?) thing. The wheels look like casters off of an office chair. It actually kinda felt a bit like surfing.

Boxerman08
04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
got my halfcab heels down (never really tried them until my friend would always give me a letter at SKATE with it so I learned them lol), i'm getting close to get switch and reg fs bigspins, and i'm coming close to landing inward heel, hardflip and varial heel and a couple other ones too... hopefully i'll get them over the summer, along with other tricks I'm thinking of trying :)

Mathiys
04-07-2011, 11:04 PM
360 double flip (Tre flip with a double flip), Switch big flips, triple flips

Hitmanx123
04-09-2011, 12:57 AM
fuckin shit idk, learned a lot last year and dont really feel up to expanding too much but i guess ive been working on the merlin twist and switch big heel. everything else is like....bleh.

if anything the question should be what new spots have you used your new tricks on this year.

tried merlin twist off a curb.....swag...

Antwan
04-09-2011, 07:14 AM
I've been skating the local tennis courts..
found a nice slappy that goes down a long mellow hill
my apartment complex is pretty fun.
I might be filming tomorrow if all goes well.. but be warned tricks are not as clean as I'd like them yet.

nolan1053
04-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm going to the beach next weekend to film a gnarly hillbomb. So fucking stoked.

pawnluvguitarist
04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
fakie one foot pivot 360 manual spin
walk the dog into a spacewalk shuv

Antwan
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Fakie one foots..
that might be easier.. going to try them today.
Loving those variations man..
Hopefully I'll get a few of my own good and clean.

pawnluvguitarist
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Fs Bert slide
Fs 360 Bert slide
Boneless a hip

Antwan
04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Still trying to learn more..
don't really have a lot of flatground tricks yet, it's a lot more of being comfortable and knowing your board and its rotations..
or so it seems.

I got the fakie one footed revert.. gotta plant as you lose traction.

pawnluvguitarist
04-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Still trying to learn more..
don't really have a lot of flatground tricks yet, it's a lot more of being comfortable and knowing your board and its rotations..
or so it seems.

I got the fakie one footed revert.. gotta plant as you lose traction.

oh, you are doing a footplant as you fakie pivot? or just a one foot?
my fakie 540 one foot is more of a manual wheel bite spin with the foot being off for the first 360, but theres no plant.

i can do about 10 walk the dogs quick, right into space walk shuvs, and i can do multiple one foot pivots in any direction any foot now.

It seems the looser my trucks the more control im getting. loosened em another quarter turn today :)

Antwan
04-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah fakie 180 pivot just plants for now..
it's pretty fun because you can kick while sliding in one motion and roll on to other tricks..
I will probably slowly start putting my foot down later into the trick as I learn it.. move onto more spins, etc.
I have some decent ones I don't think I've seen people do though.. waiting on the person who filmed me to send me some stuff I may make a short promo thing.

KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R
04-11-2011, 08:54 PM
yesterday i landed a boardslide and a 50-50 on a ten set rail. i almost have blunt slides on handrails, i have tre flips on lock, fs flips on lock, back lips back smiths fs smith working on blunt 180 outs on tranny, and some mo shit

Antwan
04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't know what to call them but I made a few new tricks today
slide back to one foot pop a hardflip get half of the rotation into a fence while off the board jump back on looks pretty interesting
Uh quad toss unders I guess its like a caveman flip but I slide back to one foot pop up I grab the middle of the board and flick a quad rotation
One footed reverts without the plant.. mad steez.
Getting more technical with sal flip's to 360 shuv outs
manualed a little longer
yep :)

oh and coming close to rail flip to rail..
they are so scary haha

pawnluvguitarist
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
really hard to picture you doing these things antwan, looking forward to some footy ;)

today i got a few new ones:

540 boneless on bank
360 boneless on a bank
360 boneless a hip

Antwan
04-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Sounds crazy.. 540.. can't imagine, like a pivot to 540 or straight 540 spin? either or still crazy.
Man I want to skate today but my shins and feet kill..
any tips for less pain? Haha

pawnluvguitarist
04-13-2011, 04:09 PM
yeah its like a 360 landing in a pivot to finish it off. Got it in a game of bank SKATE with Mustafiz he dropped his board and walked away haha

just keep skating man, every day its dry outside, i do. Sure im sore and tired a lot but but you get used to it. I find i get stiff more than sore though, a little flatground warm up and im loose and ready to go.

Speaking of loose, loosened my trucks another quarter turn. The front one has started to jiggle a bit when you shake the board. Its not Deawon loose but im getting there and its feeling better the looser I go...

Antwan
04-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Hell yeah..
Yeah I've got like an hour and a half before dark
I think I'll go try to get a few tricks
watch out for wheel bite man..
I skate with mine tight I like them that way so I can adjust like if I decide to bomb a hill or something
I've never really messed with anything on boards though I've always skated them with just about full tightness.

pawnluvguitarist
04-13-2011, 06:30 PM
I skate with mine tight I like them that way so I can adjust like if I decide to bomb a hill or something
I've never really messed with anything on boards though I've always skated them with just about full tightness.

Yeah everyone's got different preferences, Mullen always skated as tight as it would go for freestyle, and i prefer the opposite. I love the loose trucks for bombing hills too, although i prefer carving hills these days rather than bombing. Really getting more into the dogtown and z boys kinda skating these days...

Antwan
04-13-2011, 06:50 PM
For sure..
Here's what I got done.. it feels like I pulled something..
Probably won't skate till this weekend.
Fakie one foot impossible flip thing lol completely vertical.. hardest part.. definitely not constant yet but I landed it smoooth
Fakie one foot hardflip under bounce got those smooth as shit too.. didn't think I'd be able to hover above that one but I did and it looks crazy.
Manual firecracker on a pretty far apart 5 set
rail flip to fakie
wall plant to toss under
I want to attempt ollie wallplant toss unders but it's pretty scary jumping at something haha

xI blisk Ix
04-14-2011, 12:43 PM
just got switch and nollie heels, Inward heels are next and are very close

knexzor
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
I also landed my first nollie heel today, first try, I might add. Suprised the hell outta me cuz I haven't been trying hard to learn them haha.
Also learnt fs feeble but that was after lots of bashing the flatbar
good times

Antwan
04-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Nice guys.. haven't made it out to the park so been kinda sticking to what I'm progressing at

I just got fakie reverts into no comply tre flip under bounces
It's literally what it sounds like

Manualed two whole tennis courts.. proud of that.. considering I suck

Gained a little stamina < my best trick yet

punkinate
04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Took the winter off for my ankle to heel so I'm relearning everything, fuckin' stoked on this weather though. And my band's playing the local indoor park on Saturday so that'll be like a 6 hour sesh.

pawnluvguitarist
04-14-2011, 05:57 PM
nollie shuv manual slappy boardslide manual shuv on a parking block.
boneless 540 manual spin fs shuv out
did my best walk the dog-spacewalk-shuv combo, whole thing lasted bout 15-20 seconds, so fun :)

Lately i've been focusing on getting all my tricks in real long lines, like freestyle contest kinda lines. Been really working on speeding up/cleaning up the transitions between tricks on flatground. Like doing a 360 boneless right after a walk the dog line or something...

Antwan
04-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Sounds great man..
Haha the boneless feels so awkward to me I haven't even messed with it
I ride goofy.. can't do them fakie or even switch.. I know how to do them but the action of trying I just feel lost.

pawnluvguitarist
04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Sounds great man..
Haha the boneless feels so awkward to me I haven't even messed with it
I ride goofy.. can't do them fakie or even switch.. I know how to do them but the action of trying I just feel lost.

honestly, i think 180 and 360 boneless's are easier on flat. I find its a bit harder doing the straight boneless, feels more confined, not as loose as the 360's or 540's. but they're a bit easier if you do a little shifty at first. The easiest variation would probably be a 180 boneless on a real mellow bank, maybe try that first.

So whats your problem with them? I may be able to help. I think i have a 360 boneless trick tip from a while back, ill take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZnaI-yV-QM&feature=channel_video_title

Antwan
04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
It's just an awkward motion man
not used to bending over picking up etc.
haha I'll get it.. thanks for the advice..
should be clear weather today.

XILENTZ
04-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Last trick I learned before my board broke was a blunt to stall on a mini at a park. Super stoked on getting them but I've probably lost them now.

pawnluvguitarist
04-19-2011, 06:24 AM
boneless manual, and caveman manual down this bank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4S6SvN8lGE&feature=channel_video_title

pawnluvguitarist
04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
found this new little outdoor park, super slippery marble kinda ground, tonnes of new bert slide variations on the banks, pyramids ect Felt real cool, like skating on ice, you can like lay all the way back and just slide :)

pawnluvguitarist
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
linking multiple one foot 180 pivots (have them in every direction with either foot)
and mixing them into sequences with spacewalks and walk the dogs

bs 180 boneless
360 boneless into a spacewalk
fakie no comply
fakie no comply bigspin
fs 900 manual spin fs shuv out
body varial into 540 manual spin
walk the dog with the opposite foot

shaved another 2 inches off my oldschool board, no more huge tail ;) pretty much lost my ollie but flatground is feeling so much more natural...

heshfield
04-21-2011, 04:50 PM
It's just an awkward motion man
not used to bending over picking up etc.
haha I'll get it.. thanks for the advice..
should be clear weather today.

Its better if you pop the board into your hand, by just taking the front foot off and catching it.

pawnluvguitarist
04-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Its better if you pop the board into your hand, by just taking the front foot off and catching it.

i've never actually tried it that way, sounds like it could be a fun variation :)

pawnluvguitarist
04-22-2011, 12:50 PM
180/360 boneless over parking block
1 foot nose manual 360 shuv out on flat
720 manual spin shuv 720 manual spin shuv (still not without scratching at least once yet :()

Antwan
04-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Yeah I recently went over 540s but I pivot out of it.. can't get past it yet.
How are your lines coming?

I made a few new tricks haha It's what I do..
One foot pop a 360 flip grab it by the tail and throw it under me as I jump with it 3 out of 15-ish tries.. this ones rough.

Fakie big spin footplant one foot pivots.. or FBSF's haha roll fakie plant my foot as I spin the 360 shuv and pivot the last 80 degrees with one foot place front foot back on.

The Handy man! this ones easy and so fun.. walk next to the board parallel put front foot under it toes on other side pull leg in toward you grab it and flick it down as soon as you can reach it.

Also working on sal flip underflips (with my hand)
and one foot pop 360 flip late shuvs

llamasrock
04-24-2011, 03:53 AM
This is to date my best trick ever. Im perfectly fine with progressing no further lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5HXM6TjQg

Antwan
04-24-2011, 07:56 AM
That's sick man..
Vert scares the shit out of me let alone leaning in on one hand haha

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Yeah I recently went over 540s but I pivot out of it.. can't get past it yet.
How are your lines coming?

I made a few new tricks haha It's what I do..
One foot pop a 360 flip grab it by the tail and throw it under me as I jump with it 3 out of 15-ish tries.. this ones rough.

Fakie big spin footplant one foot pivots.. or FBSF's haha roll fakie plant my foot as I spin the 360 shuv and pivot the last 80 degrees with one foot place front foot back on.

The Handy man! this ones easy and so fun.. walk next to the board parallel put front foot under it toes on other side pull leg in toward you grab it and flick it down as soon as you can reach it.

Also working on sal flip underflips (with my hand)
and one foot pop 360 flip late shuvs

my lines are going great man, its basically all im focusing when skating flatground, just trying to be able to link every trick, contest style lines :)

You gotta get more footy man, hard to visualize, really wanna see those manual spins :)

Antwan
04-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Nice.. I keep branching to new tricks haven't really focused on lines.

Yeah and I bet I look weird doing them I'm sure haha I have a weird stance..
The person filming me is hella busy I mean I may just buy some kind of video camera tripod soon.

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
360 boneless into a 900 manual spin fs shuv out
landed my first kickflip on my new board since i removed the pop, third try haha
very close to a bs 180 boneless over a parking block, such an awkward trick...

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
bombed hills with Mustafiz today:

720 walkaround
360 boneless
huge carves with the loose trucks
lots of fun, will film, take turns filming while driving right behind...

Antwan
04-24-2011, 06:03 PM
360 boneless into a 900 manual spin fs shuv out
I'm flying to canada if I see that

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm flying to canada if I see that

i've landed two, one clean, such a tiring trick. cant wait to film again this summer lots of new tricks and spots :)

Antwan
04-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Ha I bet it is dude..
but seriously.. any hotels near you? haha..
that shit is nuts.

i am a snail
04-25-2011, 05:27 AM
im starting to learn now this year so maybe by the end of the summer i won't be such a lazy fatass.

ollie
bs shuv

that's pretty much it.

Antwan
04-25-2011, 05:53 AM
ollie
bs shuv
It happens man.. Weather has been terrible for me here so I can't even skate though I want to.
That's sick though man getting started is the best thing once you're comfortable with the basics you can branch in any direction you want to
180's, footplants, reverts, pivots manual spins.. boneless.. no comply.. or even new fliptricks it all goes together because it's all about being comfortable
with your setup.. it's so much fun to see your progression through it all and how you learn new things from one basic idea.

i am a snail
04-25-2011, 05:59 AM
It happens man.. Weather has been terrible for me here so I can't even skate though I want to.
That's sick though man getting started is the best thing once you're comfortable with the basics you can branch in any direction you want to
180's, footplants, reverts, pivots manual spins.. boneless.. no comply.. or even new fliptricks it all goes together because it's all about being comfortable
with your setup.. it's so much fun to see your progression through it all and how you learn new things from one basic idea.
thanks for the words of encouragement man. still not really confident enough to head out to parks, still resigned to the driveway for now. im still trying to work on doing both moving, i can't do either one with consistency yet but im getting there at least. felt so boss when i landed the bs shuv though, probably one of the most euphoric feelings of my life short of orgasm

Antwan
04-25-2011, 06:16 AM
Ha nice.. yeah man.. I get the feeling everytime I land a new trick. Very satisfied.
What are your trial and errors with the tricks? I'm sure I could give advice.

i am a snail
04-25-2011, 06:20 AM
landing sideways mostly, the bs shuv was kind of a fluke when i tried an ollie but i got the shuv, and now ive been trying those even more but whenever i try to ollie that's my main inconsistency. i think my problem is that im not actually popping straight and for some reason my leg snaps behind me so i end up going in a shuv

Antwan
04-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Sounds like you're not parallel with the board man..
your whole body should be straight and by that I don't mean turning out
your shoulders should align with the board unless you're going to do a shuv or an ollie 180.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfpdESp4Rl1jKEbHplJP2SP0VDZZEkW 0glG78HPn0U1-pc58sAcQ
notice his shoulders are straight, centered with the board..
it's your natural tendency to turn out so it will come in practice but just keep it in mind.

Oh and dude I would actually recommend hitting up the park if you're into progression
seeing others do it might actually help you learn faster.. they might even give you pointers.

i am a snail
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you're not parallel with the board man..
your whole body should be straight and by that I don't mean turning out
your shoulders should align with the board unless you're going to do a shuv or an ollie 180.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfpdESp4Rl1jKEbHplJP2SP0VDZZEkW 0glG78HPn0U1-pc58sAcQ
notice his shoulders are straight, centered with the board..
it's your natural tendency to turn out so it will come in practice but just keep it in mind.

Oh and dude I would actually recommend hitting up the park if you're into progression
seeing others do it might actually help you learn faster.. they might even give you pointers.
alright, thanks a lot man, i'll see if i can try to straighten it out. and i'll see if i can take some time sometime soon to head out to the park, got a really nice indoor one not too far from here, it's like a 5-10 minute drive.
http://skatepark.com/images/park_images/1201143732.gif
in all it's glory. i need to try to remake this place.

pawnluvguitarist
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
switch boneless
switch no comply
slappy switch bs boardslides on a parking block

attempting switch bert slides, but they just so weird, you almost have to forget everything, throw all the muscle memory out the window and just throw yourself at it and learn. Fun though.

still trying to get switch and nollie manual spins past 540

Antwan
04-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah good luck snail.. just talk to people they are usually pretty nice.. I met this 13 year old skating down the hill the other day haha I taught him kickflips.. he was pretty cool.
Yeah Marc nice.. I think I want to try a few fastplants.. a boneless with the back foot planting so it's like a vertical motion
back foots coming off of the tail and you're jumping up.. it looks sick and complicated.

pawnluvguitarist
04-26-2011, 05:52 AM
I think I want to try a few fastplants.. a boneless with the back foot planting so it's like a vertical motion
back foots coming off of the tail and you're jumping up.. it looks sick and complicated.

not as hard as you would think, especially if you are having trouble bending down for a boneless.
Just pop an ollie like normal, grab the toe side of your board with your front hand and step down with your back foot.
I think you may find them easier than a boneless at first because you dont have to lift it up, you can pop it right up to you.

Antwan
04-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Haha you aint lying dude
I skated for an hour this morning before it started raining
just got back actually..
got a fastplant within three tries
got 2 caveman big 540 shuvs
manualed two tennis courts and then around the net to half of a third one
got one sal flip to quad finger slap.. so sketchy going to be hard to figure it out.
and one sal flip underflip clean
as well as some fence variations.. can't help it it's fun manipulating things that bounce back.

Rastagnarian
04-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Most valuable trick I learned was a Fakie bigspin. Best trick I learned was a boneless laser flip...that gets everyone in SKATE all the time. :)

Antwan
04-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Got sal-flip quad fingerslap body varial today
to explain it more I doubt anyone will try it but you know
A sal-flip motion but pop it a little more vertical
just let the board glide for a second don't grab it
slap the side up with enough force to get a nice quad rotation, jump while it's doing that
bolts.

pawnluvguitarist
04-27-2011, 05:29 PM
boneless down a 4 set
180 boneless up a 3 set
360 boneless out of a huge bank, mustafiz said about 4 feet of air, the best feeling i've had in skateboarding yet :)

Rastagnarian
04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I love bonelesses...classic :)

Jebotek
04-29-2011, 12:58 AM
i got finally back into RL skating and re-learned treflip and hardflip within about two weeks haha. Thats nice cause i always had troubles with these two tricks back in the days when i skated more active...

knexzor
04-29-2011, 05:57 AM
boneless down a 4 set
180 boneless up a 3 set
360 boneless out of a huge bank, mustafiz said about 4 feet of air, the best feeling i've had in skateboarding yet :)
AMEN
flying is the shit

pawnluvguitarist
04-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Just got a quick 900 manual spin then slowed it down until i was stopped dead in the manual, spacewalked for 5-10 secs shuv out :)

such a tiring trick to get, 7 years in the making, never thought i'd be able to stop a manual spin...

Antwan
04-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Nice Man..
I cleaned up my sal-flips
watched some mike v videos for ideas
Now basically it's a vertical pressure flip that you hop off of..
noticed he was doing that.. came pretty natural.

Going to work on manual spins and bonelesses today.
Maybe bert slides.
FS Shuv rewinds would be sick.

Antwan
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Got one 360 manual spin to 360 revert.. haha shits stupid rough
don't even get me started on the boneless though I don't know what I'm doing with this trick man!
I got it into the air once and couldn't keep my feet on..
can't even get it up.. I feel like I'm just starting again.. I gave up after some time really not getting anywhere with them.

pawnluvguitarist
04-30-2011, 05:21 PM
don't even get me started on the boneless though I don't know what I'm doing with this trick man!
I got it into the air once and couldn't keep my feet on..
can't even get it up.. I feel like I'm just starting again.. I gave up after some time really not getting anywhere with them.

wish you had a few attempts on film, just to see what you are having trouble with.
Have you tried them completely stationary, and extra slow. Maybe even start with your foot already on the ground at first

Antwan
04-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah I was doing them without moving I got into the air with a little speed
I've never done them before though
I don't know man.. very frustrating and tiring..
I've watched trick tips and stuff but it's just not that simple.. maybe It's me
I'll keep trying.. will try to film it might be going to a buddies house to skate tomorrow.

Wiltzuh
04-30-2011, 05:53 PM
i learned tons of new tricks to miniramp...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCbCSppFTPE

pawnluvguitarist
05-01-2011, 02:06 PM

that was sick man. Your own ramp or a park or what?

Today I got no comply manuals on a little pad and landed a heavily toe dragged bs 360 boneless on flat, such an awkward trick...

pawnluvguitarist
05-01-2011, 02:07 PM

that was sick man. Your own ramp or a park or what?

Today I got no comply manuals on a little pad and landed a heavily toe dragged bs 360 boneless on flat, such an awkward trick...

Antwan
05-02-2011, 07:42 AM
backside haha.. I don't think I've seen that one yet Sounds sick.
My Newest trick is breaking off pieces of my board.. haha
Anyone have suggestions for a tough one.. I'd prefer something modern..
I saw something about a double impact board.. not sure though.

Antwan
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Haha Noticed I blew out one of my wheels guess it happened to wear down while I was doing powerslides
so I need some tougher ones soon..
Really excited for skating today though
should be clear tomorrow as well
Got fucking bonelesses haha I got a few normal ones but
it's easier to bring it a little more vertical toward the chest and tweak it out for me
Found a mellow bank spot with a manhole that dips down so I can do salflips after jumping down and back up kind've like a trampoline.. so much fun..
got one underbounce trick over it too.. planted one foot in the dip.
as well as quad fingerslap to tail stall on a low stair.

DonVigo
05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Got a good couple of hours in today. The last 5 sessions have been all about dialing in a new setup and get all my old tricks back. The glory list include:

5-0 stall into smith stall on the "big quarterpipe"
Bluntstall nosegrab to 5-0 stall
Some wacky ass 5-0 stall surran wrap thing. (Video to follow soonish.)

And I ALMOST landed a fakie 5-0 pivot to regular. Something I never tried before today, and one of the other regulars at my park coaxed me into.

Oh, and Pawn, I know that "best feeling ever" sensation. The blunt is a trick 5 years in the making. Ugly as shit, but I still rolled away.

Antwan
05-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Nice Don.
Going to go out this morning catch a few tricks before it rains
Few I'm thinking of
Boneless Impossible
Boneless while holding the nose of the board probably called something else
Finger flip caveman manual
540 shuv caveman manual
caveman ride down fence support
caveman fence plant
hippie jump force board up fence and jump on it when it comes back down
also been toying with spinning the board by it's wheel with my hand.. may lead into a caveman variation
doubt I'll get them all today but who knows

pawnluvguitarist
05-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Sounds sick Don, Get some footy would love to see it.

Antwan, you gotta pay someone to just film you, getter done, a full video part would be great :)
Your nosegrab boneless thing, do you pull it up by the nose or pop it up to your hand? I pop it up so its more like a no comply nosegrab kinda thing.

I got a boneless 50-50 on a box today, actually did a few grinds across the whole thing, its been a while haha, best was probably a fs feeble :)

Antwan
05-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah I really wish I was in that position
Rarely can I get out of the apartment complex to skate elsewhere
don't really know anyone around here
I just pull it up man.. I don't quite have no complies I just didn't know what to call the one foot tricks I've been doing
I got one today over the tennis net pretty cool one surprised to bang it first try..
took a while to get it a second time though
one foot pop a half rotation catch it upside down quad fingerflip catch it in the air above the net throw it under me as I jump over it
I also got one foot pop half rotation catch quad fingerflip catch quad fingerflip out on flat.. pretty consistent.. so much board control.. cant wait to tie them into the boneless

Antwan
05-09-2011, 11:04 AM
So I took your advice got a bigger board.. not an oldschool but a damn big modern one haha
shit I was skating a small one before but the bigger one feels more natural
got bonelesses almost everytime
got manual spins back.. didn't keep track of rotations but it was damn long Loose trucks are great
also made a longboard style variation today.. haven't seen anyone do it
basically it's a boneless but don't pop the tail or jump just plant your front foot grab the side of the board
push forward with the back foot slide sideways with one foot and a grab pivot back when the board pushes back
got one that was so tweaked out it looked like a blunt on flat.. also did one going into the fence so I could kick it roll fakie right into a 180 pivot
This got me so excited I'm going to do what possible to get it filmed.

pawnluvguitarist
05-10-2011, 05:47 AM
boneless wallride

getting closer to flatground fingerflips and truckstands

got a stationary flatground fingerflip no feet touching the ground. Also got up into a truckstand finally and did a few pogos :)

pawnluvguitarist
05-10-2011, 06:48 PM
roastbeef boneless
1 foot 360 shuv manual shuv
1 foot shuv spacewalk shuv spacewalk shuv

Antwan
05-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Almost got 720 manual spins last night

I've been busy trying to get my own fingerflip variations but I can try to advise with notes
Pop the board jump, feet do not slide forward kind've hover behind it as it's vertical
keep weight in your feet
assuming you're grabbing the nose, grab it near the web of your thumb and pointer finger..
thumb on the top if you're flipping kickflip
pointer if flipping heelflip - these just help me with rotations I'm sure you can do it either way

roastbeef..
thats between the legs behind you?
I haven't messed with grabs yet maybe I'll do that..
along with street plants and bert slides.

pawnluvguitarist
05-11-2011, 09:50 AM
yeah roastbeef is back hand reaching between your legs from the front and grabbing the heel side of the board.

Which Bert slide are you trying? I've found the two hands down bs 180 ones to be the easiest and one handed fs 360 ones to be the most fun.
The steeper and more slippery the bank the easier it is, and the more speed the better.

Duce NLS
05-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Hmmm, haven't read all of it just pages 1 and 4 but wooooofffff you guys skate old school!

I just learned bs hurricanes revert to reg on 1/4's on Sunday, only been ten years of watching people do them with pure envy, first time I actually try and 30 mins later I'd landed 3!

Had about 18 months out due to kids etc so spent the last few months relearning and am now finally onto progression!

Got my full cab flips back consistently now too =]

Happy Duce...

Peace

Antwan
05-11-2011, 02:50 PM
yeah roastbeef is back hand reaching between your legs from the front and grabbing the heel side of the board.

Which Bert slide are you trying? I've found the two hands down bs 180 ones to be the easiest and one handed fs 360 ones to be the most fun.
The steeper and more slippery the bank the easier it is, and the more speed the better.
Right on..
Yeah I got a few frontside 360 1s
Felt more natural to lean that way..
going to try bert slide variations tomorrow
didn't get to streetplants today because it's so effin hot
but I did get 2 720 manual spins in a row

pawnluvguitarist
05-11-2011, 05:28 PM
have you tried mixing up the manual spins? regular, fakie, bs and fs?

bombed a bunch of hills today, so fun on such a tiny deck, even better after loosening the trucks, the thing carves like a dream, super soft wheels, silent cruising, feels like longboarding...

roastbeef 360 boneless
no comply fs shuv manual bs shuv
1 foot nosemanual shuv manual shuv
ollied up a curb out of manual

Antwan
05-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I haven't I would like to get to 900+ spin I'd say I'm comfortable with them then
usually don't expand on things until I feel comfortable..

I'd like to get rolling fakie spacewalks though sounds interesting

The one foot nose manual shuv manual shuv sounds sick.. I can't manual on one foot for anything.. 5 seconds at most?

pawnluvguitarist
05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
you should try nosemanual spins too. best ive done is 540.

pawnluvguitarist
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
no comply to spacewalk shuv
no comply fs shuv manual fs shuv
nollie shuv 540 manual spin shuv
1 foot 540 shuv (no scratching, finally...)

Antwan
05-12-2011, 04:49 PM
1 foot 540 shuv.. wow haha
was serious about coming up though
if you or mustafiz have a place to stay for a weekend or something
I wouldn't mind flying and then skating there.. in the future for sure I've got a bit going on but it's slowly calming..
Finally getting our phone company ready for launch.. coming into money.
Feel strongly about connecting with another freestyle skater however so just let me know.

Antwan
05-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Switch 1 foot revert
Switch 1 foot 360 revert
such a euphoria trick.. so much fun
Switch boneless
actually easier

I found that for the 1 foot reverts only apply pressure in the ball of your back foot
helps me

pawnluvguitarist
05-13-2011, 04:26 PM
You should take that airplane money and invest in a camera and get someone you can pay to film, or get a good tripod. Would be sick if we could do some collabs, and you'd probably get way more views than you'd normally get on our MelonManMedia page...

put the 1 foot 540 shuv into a line, i've landed 6 now, cannot describe how great it feels to land one with zero pivot right on the bolts. Will definitely be the first trick i get on film this summer.

Antwan
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah you're right..
Haha..
I'm a bit spontaneous.. comes from my dad's side.

I'm starting to get comfortable with moving switch manual spins.. 360s for now.

Antwan
05-15-2011, 07:09 AM
trying to branch into boneless fingerflips
and boneless sal flips..
I've got single boneless flips
I'm calling it a boneless sal but I don't know what else to call it.. Kind've like a one foot plant pop from under me into a shuv
but I catch it and throw it in a shuv motion back to regular.. hand rewind thing I guess
can't really name tricks because I usually just make things up as I'm flowing with basis tricks
having trouble getting grip for the quad boneless flip..
got the rotations once just couldn't stick it so it'll come.

pawnluvguitarist
05-16-2011, 07:08 PM
No comply back foot heel
No comply hardflip
1 foot shuv body varial

working on getting my fakie 540 bigspin back, and getting close to one foot 360 shuv body varials

Antwan
05-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Nice..
I got a few quad boneless flips
Ghost-ride shuvs.. 540 shuv , jump one foot plant leap to it as it pivots the last 80.. smooth like

Got my ollies real high..
thinking about ollie body varials.

pawnluvguitarist
05-19-2011, 05:29 PM
no comply hardflip spacewalk shuv

Antwan
05-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Skated down to the store today did a few variations on some spots so fun
cruise by the dude, powerslide, acid drop, ollie up
Working on Manual to sal-flips.. real hard got close a few times

Antwan
05-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Got 2 Manual to sal-flips..
god what a bitch to get it from manual into your hand.. but yeah.

Made some more flip variations..
starting to get inverted no comply tricks legit keeping my foot on the board, using it to guide the board.. looking real smooth.

pawnluvguitarist
05-22-2011, 04:54 PM
any progress on getting your stuff on film Antwan?

No comply fs shuv over parking block to manual bs shuv

Antwan
05-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Not really man.. it's been raining hail!
Haha fucking crazy.. but yeah My Blackberry should be here this week..
I think it's clear this weekend.. we'll see what happens.

Sounds like you're getting a lot done though.
New stuff should be good.

pawnluvguitarist
05-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah man, i've been progressing like mad this year, more than ever before. Once I got my oldschool board this motivation just hit me, really started pushing myself like never before. I cut back on the drugs and munchies, started working out, skating like mad, and hard. I've lost 25 pounds since Feb, best shape of my life, and it helps the skating so much...

Antwan
05-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Nice..
Yeah I've changed my diet quite a bit..
Organics and Vegetables are actually pretty damn good together.

I would like to be in that stage of skating again..
but with the intense heat and me stressing enough
not having been active for so long, I'm progressing as I can.
I've had longer sessions the last few days I was out, for sure.

Antwan
05-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh man.. got thrased yesterday
Hit up this skate shop.. dudes were pretty cool
the whole area around there is pretty cool
went to this skatepark I've never been to before
it was pretty intimidating I won't lie
Bikers were talking shit apparently but I wasn't worried about that
got a few of my pop tricks over this pyramid the starting half is a two stair
but the setup of this place is just sick.. called delhi skatepark in ohio

here's what it looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l0KHbEqJBQ

I'll being going back to film for sure.. pretty fun.

pawnluvguitarist
05-29-2011, 03:10 PM
fakie 540 bigspin, 1 foot 540 shuv it back to back in a line :)

was bombing hills with damien(mustafiz) we found this real long mellow hill, about 1 km or so, did probably my longest manual ever, will definitely be doing some hill bombing filming...

on a much more mellow bank than in my casper fails vid got:
casper to fakie
casper bigspin
casper body varial

Antwan
05-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Nice dude.. yeah that was the first thing I did with my new wheels
I haven't been filming everything I should start though.. it's easier to manual downhill for me even.

Here's one I'm working on
it sounds so crazy haha but
the only way I can describe it is
a pressure hardflip footplant lateflip pivot out
I've landed it twice off camera.. even more reason to get a filmer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18qRzujs1Lw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18qRzujs1Lw

pawnluvguitarist
05-29-2011, 06:50 PM
an interesting trick, id love to see some of your tricks with less steps, preferably just the one. No comply hardflips are crazy fun and you are only a few steps away, pun intended haha

Antwan
05-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Haha
Yeah I know it dude..
I don't even realize it half of the time..
and I didn't get the full rotation in that shot
so I was kind've awkwardly committed.
Something to keep in mind though..
I like flat for starting though..
When I'm ready I can take my new arsenal to parks and figure out lines and things.
Honestly I don't get certain trick ideas until I see a setup too..
but it's all fun.. I'll have to film some things I like doing when I hill bomb soon.

Antwan
06-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Was messing with no comply ideas today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lviRote_mqw

pawnluvguitarist
06-05-2011, 08:18 AM
1 foot nosemanual shuv manual shuv, finally got my first one with no scratching

got 540 bigspins on lock

fakie bigspin manual bigspins with no scratching

Antwan
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Never learned ollie to manual so that's on my list..
obvious how to but never tried so I'll need to learn it myself
Also thinking about one step pop tricks through rails with a hop over, Richie style.
Been watching Richie jackson parts and man some of my ideas he has already put to work
just makes me want to figure them out even more ;)

pawnluvguitarist
06-06-2011, 04:13 PM
got no complys higher than ever, bout 4 decks ish :)

pawnluvguitarist
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
3 pogos, actually getting in and out

Antwan
06-10-2011, 02:47 AM
Boneless
Boneless 180
switch boneless
almost got boneless 360s
Going to work on regular no complies
should be filming at the skatepark next week ;)

Antwan
06-10-2011, 06:59 PM
boneless 180 backside 180 pivot

Antwan
06-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Hey Pawn whats your stance like for manual spins?
Hate to say but it's setting me back a bit..
Think Anything past a 360 at this point is a fluke
just can't hold it.. I may film a few today if you want to see where I am at.

pawnluvguitarist
06-12-2011, 07:51 AM
honestly man im always messing with different positions
doesn't really seem to matter
a lot of times, especially if its a really long fast spin, my front foot starts off around the bolts and slides closer to my back foot throughout the spin.

I do recommend you mix it up a bit. Try really, really slow manual spins, try spinning as fast as you can sometimes too.
It'll help because throughout a manual spin there are really two ways of balancing.
When you are going slow you are just balancing a manual. But when you are spinning fast enough its more just about keeping your centre of gravity and pumping with your hips.

dont forget to use your arms, you can tuck in, spread out, crouch, stand straight. You have to kinda just get the feel for it and just do whatever you need to do throughout the spin to keep it going, the initial placement isn't that important, besides just getting a clean, controlled start, dont forget to prewind.

I will say the biggest thing is having the confidence/balance to prewind,lean into it and spin as hard as you can and pump throughout. You can get a lot of rotations in before balancing/pumping even comes into play if you spin fast enough.

Dont get too discouraged man. I've been manual spinning for like 8 years and there's still days where they just dont work haha

xI blisk Ix
06-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Hey Pawn whats your stance like for manual spins?
Hate to say but it's setting me back a bit..
Think Anything past a 360 at this point is a fluke
just can't hold it.. I may film a few today if you want to see where I am at.

This is a tip that helped me with spinning on a snowboard (frontside). Pretty much imagine your chin bolted to your leading shoulder. I can't tell you how easy it is to stop spinning just by looking the wrong way. Once I understood this concept FS 540s became one of the funnest tricks I can do.

DonVigo
06-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I know it's actually a super-easy trick, but it's taken me YEARS to get the nuts together to just learn them:

FRONTSIDE 50-50 stalls and a couple very short grinds on coping.

There was a dude I started seshing with who called that trick "scary shit" and then started teaching me blunt stall to rock to fakies.

I'm calling those scary, as I was trying that trick, and popped my body off the coping minus my board and landed on my shoulder in the flatbottom.

Fat dudes fall harder, fact.

pawnluvguitarist
06-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Sick Don. I've never had the balls for all that transition skating, major props

DonVigo
06-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Sick Don. I've never had the balls for all that transition skating, major props

Bro, I'd say I'd trade my balls for your skill, patience, and dextarity... But they may come in handy one day in the not too distant future. I kinda like the idea of breeding someday.

Still respect the crazy skill and dedication you display, man. I get a few turns in every so often, you really go out and do work. Something very admirable about that.

pawnluvguitarist
06-14-2011, 04:22 AM
thanks dude, its definitely more dedication and patience, nothing came easy, no natural talent here haha. Lots of long seshes, skate till you cant breathe, really long process, just look at my sig below, video parts from 2005-now...

Antwan
06-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Well..
Ive got 360 manuals dialed
just a tic away from 540
literally..
keep winding up in a tic tac afterward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztnZ1HQrDk8

pawnluvguitarist
06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
nice man, looking very controlled.

Have you tried spinning the other direction yet, or even from rolling fakie too, mix it up a bit.

Antwan
06-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah I've done a few fakie..
backside scares the shit out of me feels like a wide turn rather than a spin haha
get lost there..

DonVigo
06-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey look! Another trick that's caused me nothing but swellbow!

Congrats 'Twan, always worth celebrating another one in your bag!

Mathiys
06-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Flat ground 540 flip

pawnluvguitarist
06-18-2011, 06:50 PM
fakie half cab casper on flat

Antwan
06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Consecutive moving 360 manual spins
up to 5 in a row with one push in between

Boxerman08
06-23-2011, 07:44 AM
switch no comply fs 180's and getting really close to getting switch fs bigspins... landed it a few times, but I'm working on getting them right and consistent

pawnluvguitarist
07-02-2011, 05:42 AM
finally got primos, pogos and caspers on lock :)
primo spacewalk shuv
1 foot pogo stand
1 foot shuv body varial
no comply inward heel
no comply fs shuv pivot
reg 360 shuv

getting very close to half flipping into truckstands, scary trick

adda89ldn
07-02-2011, 06:46 AM
first real skate sesh of the year.

started sketchy, could barely ollie up onto a curb, but within a few minutes i got my pop shuvit's back, fs no complys, bs half cab, did them as a flatground line, got warmed up.
feels like i had to relearn them all at first.

then i got slappies on unwaxed unpainted curbs. and did a couble feebles on this low ledge. i think i have them almost dialed now.

ended the day by ollieing over blind bumps in front of two stairs and firecrackering the stairs.

pawnluvguitarist
07-02-2011, 06:58 AM
first real skate sesh of the year.

started sketchy, could barely ollie up onto a curb, but within a few minutes i got my pop shuvit's back, fs no complys, bs half cab, did them as a flatground line, got warmed up.
feels like i had to relearn them all at first.

then i got slappies on unwaxed unpainted curbs. and did a couble feebles on this low ledge. i think i have them almost dialed now.

ended the day by ollieing over blind bumps in front of two stairs and firecrackering the stairs.

those are some of the funnest seshes i find, getting tricks back that you've lost

Antwan
07-02-2011, 07:36 AM
The only thing I can seem to muster lately that's even popping the board is an ollie
I used to have kickflips heelflips fs and bs shuv
fakie big spins
fakie tre
fakie ollies
It's all gone..
I feel discouraged trying to learn it again
like where do you even begin
took me a while to get those

Antwan
07-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Just to add
I don't think I even want to expand in that direction I think an ollie is all I need
feel like everyone does fliptricks the board seems to have been grinded and flipped in every direction
people have already done late tricks, etc.
I'd rather get a style going with carving expand on things people don't do and maybe learn some of my own vert tricks in the future.

Antwan
07-03-2011, 05:00 AM
The Ollie into my hand trick tires me so I've been cleaning up my steps with the one foot trick
and bring it up jump and stomp it and it's not as bad.. like a footplant flip caveman thing I guess

got one foot pop quad flip balance on one foot landing and pop to a hand varial it feels good how it looks not sure

pawnluvguitarist
07-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Just to add
I don't think I even want to expand in that direction I think an ollie is all I need
feel like everyone does fliptricks the board seems to have been grinded and flipped in every direction
people have already done late tricks, etc.
I'd rather get a style going with carving expand on things people don't do and maybe learn some of my own vert tricks in the future.

Exactly,
Ive always found i've had the most fun doing my own tricks and variations, while still borrowing some of the old freestyle tricks that have inspired me. You shouldn't think you have to learn any specific trick just because its currently popular.

today i got:

primo shuvs
flipped a few primo tres, no clean landers yet
360 nosemanual spin into a nosestall on the ground then right into a pogo, really fun way to get in

Antwan
07-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Sounds sick man
the tricks right into each other feel nice right
I'd like to get 360 manual spin right into toe flip and a 360 one foot pivot out
I've almost linked the first two

pawnluvguitarist
07-03-2011, 08:49 AM
yeah man, nothing feels better than getting stuff back to back, and long freestyle contest lines, really helps the stamina and a real great way to get in shape.

pawnluvguitarist
07-03-2011, 11:54 AM
5 pogos, travelled like 3 feet forward in the process, really fun

briden
07-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Pawn (or anyone else who might know), is there a name for the one-foot powerslide/push thing that ricky jackson does @0:50 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OohMEJiX0Y

pawnluvguitarist
07-03-2011, 02:14 PM
i would call it a one foot powerslide push ;)

briden
07-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Fair enough, my friends and I learned those the other day, really fun and you can do it anywhere.

xI blisk Ix
07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
to be honest that really just looked like a power slide with a push following quickly after. Also I learned how to bs crook finally :D

briden
07-03-2011, 05:03 PM
to be honest that really just looked like a power slide with a push following quickly after

Yeah we did them a little different, like take your foot off then one foot push/powerslide thing. It's as if you do a fs no comply but you don't pop it. I also learned them with a revert back to regular, if I ever film again I'll post it up.

jerr bear
07-03-2011, 05:15 PM
It seems I'm learning Pop Shuv rewinds.

xI blisk Ix
07-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I got wheel bite on a full cab heel :'[

Antwan
07-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Yeah I'm not sure what you would call a powerslide into a kick makes me think he was regaining balance and seeking more speed.. crazy bastard
I would like to get the one he does at about 2:24 in that video briden

So I keep trying manual spins slowly increasing speed..
I've gotten alot further in my spin by turning slower easier to balance it out
I've gotten 2 720 manual spins
and a couple 540s which you obviously can't roll out of very well
fakie without any speed makes me tic tac

pawnluvguitarist
07-04-2011, 09:24 AM
If you've got a few flatground 720s I'd say start trying 540s on a bank, the only place you can do them and roll away

Antwan
07-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah didn't even cross my mind that I could roll out on a bank haha
Getting ready to move again in August though
plazas and a skatepark in skating distance
Skate everywhere.. bout to be sick..
so if I don't make it to a park before then I'll have one down the street so stoked.

briden
07-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I would like to get the one he does at about 2:24 in that video briden

We tried those too and they're hard as shit! Unless he's got super hard wheels and super smooth ground, but even then it's hard to comprehend.

And 540 spins on banks are the funnest shit ever. Once you get used to the turn, try doing them with a tailblock, really fun and you rarely see it.

pawnluvguitarist
07-04-2011, 01:52 PM
We tried those too and they're hard as shit! Unless he's got super hard wheels and super smooth ground, but even then it's hard to comprehend.

I can do those with the back foot coming off, even a 360 version on a bank, but i have know idea how he does it with the front foot coming off...

pawnluvguitarist
07-04-2011, 04:22 PM
starting to attempt pogo fingerflips, not sure if i'll get em
primo manual fs shuvs

Phobia
07-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I got mine on film actually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUxUiMyt70&feature=youtube_gdata_player

hahaha BOLTS.

pawnluvguitarist
07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I just got a pogo fingerflip, no feet or hands touching at all :)

I had just learned Pogos like two weeks ago, and this was my second sesh trying the fingerflip variation, so pumped, gonna try and get a few of my new casper/pogo/primo variations filmed soon ;)

DonVigo
07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Dude, pogo anythings are sweet as candy, and twice as dandy.

I got a great sesh in today with a buddy I'm trying to rekindle the love for skating with. He pointed out I'd gotten so lazy I couldn't crack an ollie anymore, so I fiddled a bit and got back:

Ollies, Fakie Ollies, Ollie 180's, Half-Cabs, Fakie Shuvs, Nollie FS and BS Shuvs, and the No-Comply Shuv. Also managed to hit this little pivot thing I liked to do off of curbs back in the day off a pretty decent ledge I ollied up onto. Basically, you head toward the edge of whatver you're on, and pivot 180 on the front truck on the corner. I dunno what it's called, but they're fun.

Also learned what I called the "Popit." It's a firecracker, down a whopping two stair. Also got a decent ally-oop kickturn thing going in the bowl, but decided to skate some street today.

Next sesh, getting my boardslide back.

pawnluvguitarist
07-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Way to rekindle Don. I know the feeling with the ollies, I may go whole seshes, days, even weeks without cracking an Ollie, but that's more about priorities than laziness, and a realization that I never had a great Ollie anyway and trying to relearn and improve on a tiny board with no pop and concave is just a waste of time. But I do crack little ollies every now and then

DonVigo
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
10 years ago my "trick" was being able to ollie over pretty much any pyramid or bank that my friends found too big or sketchy. As soon as I found myself riding tranny, I never bothered to jump with my board again. As much as I don't think I'll ever get back to jumping off of stuff or popping at max speed, I think I may try to get back in the swing of some flatground/small bar/ledge skating. I kinda forgot how fun it is to land half a dozen tricks in a sesh rather than just getting one on a bigger wall.

Boxerman08
07-06-2011, 08:58 PM
yeah Don, flatground flip tricks and ledge/rail skating is what keeps me going in skating. I personally love to have a variety of tricks to do during a session, and there's so many tricks to do that you can either keep progressing and learning new tricks, or you can try to improve the tricks you can already do and get really consistent with them. Since my ankle is getting better, I've been trying to skate more, but with work and all, I barely have time to do anything besides work, or when I have a day off, I'm usually too tired to go out and skate haha. I skate to work and back, but I don't get many tricks in besides ollies. Skating transitions is mad fun as well, like mini ramps or pyramids, which I love to skate as well, but doing flatground shit is what I like to do most, since I'm not good at doing big stuff like big sets of stairs or handrails haha

Antwan
07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
I've been using flat as a training method
Caveman variations up and down a 2 stair..
easier than I thought.. I don't know that I'd try anything bigger though haha

Park Mo Flip
07-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Ive learned Nollie Inward Heels, Nollie back heels, nollie frontside flips and varial heels along with just working on tricks ive been able to do and getting them a little better.

TACOPUNISH3R
07-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Just got pivot fakies today. Working on Nollie back 360s. Landing them here and there, but they look sketchy at best

a red bicycle
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
got bs 180 ollie norths
i can ollie over a small couch(if that counts as a new trick...im really liking ollying over things recently. the other day i had sesh over my trash can from a little curb that acts as a small little ramp.)
bs 50-50s (i know, easiest trick but for some reason bs grinds dont work with me)
got better at ss bs 180s so i can actually roll away from them
annnd almost got an ollie north manual but right when i landed in the manual my board skimmed the ground just the tiniest bit.

these all range from a couple of weeks ago to like a month or two

oh and my friend started skim boarding so i went with him a couple times and the first day i went, i got a shuv-it. i highly recommend trying skim boarding. I loved trying to apply what i know about skateboarding to it. Like you know you can do it, its just a matter of re-figuring it out. it was sooooo much fun. and it only costs $20 for a basic board

Antwan
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
having a lot of fun using manuals to turn corners
can pump through it..
even more fun going fast.

pawnluvguitarist
07-09-2011, 05:03 AM
having a lot of fun using manuals to turn corners
can pump through it..
even more fun going fast.

Oh yeah, always fun, especially when you have really soft wheels, you can actually hear them sizzle haha

Filmed a couple casper/primo/pogo tricks this morning, gonna post it in a bit :)

pawnluvguitarist
07-10-2011, 10:25 AM
primo 360 flip
pogo to wrap around

Antwan
07-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't know if you would consider it a trick but
I was playing with the primo stance
found that I can tilt the board forward while in primo
and balance it for a significant amount of time
I don't care if it's a trick honestly.. feels cool haha

briden
07-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't know if you would consider it a trick but
I was playing with the primo stance
found that I can tilt the board forward while in primo
and balance it for a significant amount of time
I don't care if it's a trick honestly.. feels cool haha

On the wheels or on the deck?

Hitmanx123
07-11-2011, 12:38 PM
just learned lazer flip bs body varial.

Antwan
07-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Wheels Briden

Hitman should post footy of that one

Hitmanx123
07-12-2011, 06:06 PM
not even gunna lie, itll take me at least a week to get this

Antwan
07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Sounds killer though

I've almost got jumps into one foot primos..
this stuff is alot of fun.. learning these quicker than I thought I would..
can't wait to experiment on banks and things either.

DonVigo
07-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Great day today. Hit two parks.

Park 1 (mostly tranny):

Started locking in on B/S 5-0 grinds on coping. Got about two boardlengths out of one.
Hit the blunt nosegrab to 5-0 stall once... And then...
Hit the blunt WITHOUT THE CHEESY GRAB to 5-0 stall about five more times!

Then, a homie called me from a street park I hadn't been to in years:

Ollies down 3 and 4 stairs again
Firecracker down a 3 stair
Blunt to 5-0 stall on a steep bank
Decent B/S boardslides on a nice flat rail
50-50's on a curb sized ledge
Slappy B/S noseslides on said curb
Earlygrabbed a funbox

And in honor of Pawn and Antwan: Fakie 360 manual on a bank. I honestly don't get how the hell you guys spin past that, as I probably did more of a 340 degree spin, but still rolled away forward, so counted it.

Hitmanx123
07-13-2011, 05:44 PM
ok i tried to get the laser bs body varial and almost cut my fuckin calf. =s

Antwan
07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Have to say I don't think I've learned many tricks this year now that I think of it..
I've had a lot of fun messing with things I know aren't considered "Tricks" per say
hell I can barely explain half of the things I try to do I just think of it..
take this trick I'm messing with now for example..
Primo hop into one foot balance..
pop it off toward my right shoulder down.. does an inward from the primo stance and I can catch it with my front foot in the air
it looks pretty legit.. but I've never seen it before..

briden
07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
It's not worthy of its own thread, but it deserves a post; next time I skate some stairs, I'm going to try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfaRKgjOBlQ

Antwan
07-27-2011, 05:21 AM
Revert hippie jump revert combo, oldschool casper toe thing, still warming up to primos, no comply inverted shuvs and manual spin lines

pawnluvguitarist
07-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Briden that Richie Jackson clip was insane, wow

Antwan, you gonna get out and film again any time soon? Its been a while...

Today i got the wrap around fingerflips more consistent
Also got a wrap around to 3 pogos fingerflip out :)

Antwan
07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah... Have been just cant edit it together tell me are you able to download from youtube thats where my clips are

Antwan
07-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Getting things dialed starting to do lines landed a hippie jump 180 to 540 shuffle hippie 180 and another 180 revert and damn was it smooth decided against filming till I get someone to help

Duundermifflin
07-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Just got nollie front 3 shuvs and have been learning how to do my sw front biggies cleaner.

Skribbz
07-31-2011, 08:07 PM
I learned how to ollie... does that count? XD

pawnluvguitarist
08-01-2011, 05:37 PM
10 pogos :)

1 foot 360 shuv manual 360 shuv

boneless fingerflip on a bank

DonVigo
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Lrn2frontside? Finally. Got my frontside 50-50's on lock today, and not just stalls, but grinds. I've got the blunt 5-0 down to every other to every third try, too. I know it sounds kinda corny, but watching the X Games always takes me back to being an excited 14 year old kid. Only now, I've got a much bigger bag of tricks, the ability to drive to the skatepark... And hell, there was only one skatepark in the entire state when I was 14. I love this shit. Rollin' for life, boys.

Antwan
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Found the park im moving next to online its mellow but has hard stuff too cant wait and don I dont know about xgames but I always watch my favorites to get in the mood

experienceosiris
08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
i got my hardflips the way i want them. Getting hardflips back this was helped me get super comfortable with chetty thomas's (hardflip late 180).

Boxerman08
08-02-2011, 09:00 PM
damn you for getting hardflips and its variations dude haha I wish I had those... tried soooo many times, different foot placements and shit, and never landed it once lol I can fs flip no problem though, but hardflip just isn't my trick I guess... I'll continue working on it though and hopefully land that shit someday lol

DonVigo
08-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Boxer, don't ever give up, man. I went from 11 years of thinking blunts were impossible to honestly having them in my bag almost over night. It's amazing when you finally get that trick!

And I have to say I'm blown away by the shit dudes can do these days. When I was a kid, hardflips and tre's were the holy grails. Like, only pro's and that one kid you knew could do them. Now I go to the park and see most of the heads popping them off on the regular. I'm glad I came to terms with my inner transition whore, or I'd be jealous. Blows my mind to see the progression on such a broad level.

Boxerman08
08-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Boxer, don't ever give up, man. I went from 11 years of thinking blunts were impossible to honestly having them in my bag almost over night. It's amazing when you finally get that trick!

And I have to say I'm blown away by the shit dudes can do these days. When I was a kid, hardflips and tre's were the holy grails. Like, only pro's and that one kid you knew could do them. Now I go to the park and see most of the heads popping them off on the regular. I'm glad I came to terms with my inner transition whore, or I'd be jealous. Blows my mind to see the progression on such a broad level.

nah well what fucks me up a lot is that I sprain my ankle a lot... I'm almost guaranteed to sprain my ankle once a year, or minimum once every 2 years if I'm lucky lol so I lose some tricks more or less, so I have to relearn them. I definitely keep on trying everytime I skate, that's for sure. I started skating again recently, because last March I sprained my ankle pretty badly, and it's now been 1-2 weeks I've been able to do flip tricks again lol I think I have to work to get better fs shuvs first, because that's one trick that I get, but really sketchy.

And I get what you mean about how everybody does the big tricks nowadays. I've seen a 11 or 12 year old fs feeble a 8 stair handrail at an indoor park lol It's insane how people progress so much at such a young age. I definitely have to get back into it though, but working and skating and all is a bitch, not enough hours in a day to do all the shit I'd like to do lol

a red bicycle
08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
kickflip manual. FUCKING FINALLY. this trick should not have taken so long haha

DonVigo
08-03-2011, 10:45 PM
kickflip manual. FUCKING FINALLY. this trick should not have taken so long haha

23 years and I don't think I've landed as many kickflips. Kudos, Red.

Hitmanx123
08-03-2011, 11:00 PM
i cannot film the lazer bs body varial due to the fact i rocked my knee again so im going in to the doctor to get it check up this friday and im gunna do physical therapy, again..... fun

a red bicycle
08-03-2011, 11:22 PM
23 years and I don't think I've landed as many kickflips. Kudos, Red.

haha thanks dude

saunders420
08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
alright im gonna upload my pressure flips and hardflips, everyone always says they can't tell the difference.
then Im gonna try and land a fakie fullcab flip

emericaridr11
08-04-2011, 11:48 AM
It's not worthy of its own thread, but it deserves a post; next time I skate some stairs, I'm going to try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfaRKgjOBlQ

is that Captin Hook? so sick

Hitmanx123
08-04-2011, 02:30 PM
0_0

experienceosiris
08-05-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvAz5v21qZo Here's a little example of how my hardflips look now. took me absolutely FOREVER to learn em this way (where your feet are like a tre.) its a lot more comfortable, meaning you can go fast doing em this way without losing balance from having your feet on the same side of the board. And they get hella consistent and always pop pretty high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLTvhLPitgo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL This video shows my hardflip 180 at the end (on a hip but i can do them better on flat.) Just a short montage with some friends but all the tricks you see me doig in this are tricks i learned to get down this year.

Boxerman08
08-05-2011, 09:19 PM
dope shit as usual Tom. I'll have to try hardflips with the foot placement of tres. ;)

experienceosiris
08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
dope shit as usual Tom. I'll have to try hardflips with the foot placement of tres. ;)

haha i wish more people could do em like that. it honestly took me FOREVER to figure it out. like i used to try them like that and never understood how people flipped it then one day it seriously just clicked and its one of those tricks you'll always feel proud of when you do a good one, no matter how often you do it.

Boxerman08
08-05-2011, 10:31 PM
yeah no doubt dude. if ever i'd get hardflips, i'd probably be the happiest dude ever haha i've been messing with that trick for a couple of years and never got it lol been like 3-4 years I can fs flip, and people always told me it was similar, so I started trying it, but never got it lol never thought about trying the same foot placement for tre flip though, so I'll definitely try it like that next time I skate

pawnluvguitarist
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
almost got an impossible my first day trying :)
Same position as my no complys, both feet completely spread out on the board.
Really weird feeling trick, doesn't seem like the momentum should be there, but it is haha

Antwan
08-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Ha damn pawn nice I couldnt get those legit but I can do 360 shuvs with the sideways one foot casper trick.. Wonder what other variations I can muster

experienceosiris
08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
almost got an impossible my first day trying :)
Same position as my no complys, both feet completely spread out on the board.
Really weird feeling trick, doesn't seem like the momentum should be there, but it is haha

impossibles are the most comfortable trick once you get em down haha. really consistent and feels really controlled so you dont have to have a heart attack when you do them going fast

Boxerman08
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I hate you Tom for nailing down all the tricks I wish I could do haha. I have to skate way more often... Any tips for impossibles? hahaha

pawnluvguitarist
08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
hangten nosemanual 360 shuv :)

Antwan
08-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I guess it was never about being clean to me and being in that mindset I couldnt focus on the trick itself but ive been taking time to clean them up and its helped me get things dialed in as well as expand in new directions.