PDA

View Full Version : Pawn RL Flatground Sesh

pawnluvguitarist
04-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Only had time to film for about 20 mins today, but got a bunch of flatground stuff and two extra clips at the end that i had sitting around. Definitely will be gathering more footage this summer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV972Fj4XtI

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQ3O69LB

pawnluvguitarist
04-04-2011, 12:23 AM
really glad we filmed this yesterday, snowed again last night... :(

Antwan
04-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Yeah we're going to get rain today but I need a break anyhow..
Hell yeah..
Boneless manual spins look sick
and you really did tighten up the spins.. looks good man.

pawnluvguitarist
04-04-2011, 04:49 AM
thanks dude, really happy with what i got in such a short sesh, best part is i've landed spins twice as big as those, just gotta try and get em more consistent.

Really looking forward to seeing some footy at some point Antwan, I only know a couple people that skate with a more freestyle mindset and i always get inspired seeing others skate that way. :)

Antwan
04-04-2011, 05:05 AM
What's dudes name Damien? That doesn't sound right lol
um Mustafiz.. he's a little freestyle, yeah?
I remember that box setup you guys skated he had some boneless variations.
I'm messing with one footed reverts.. in a different perspective.. bunch of tricks I'm messing with really anything that comes to mind..
sometimes I'll plant off of a fence.. kind've random mindset.. Starting to tie tricks into lines.. probably get tricks a little cleaner before I try to find a filmer.
Yeah I love watching freestyle now though.. it's what makes me want to go out there and think of my own stuff.
Been digging your older stuff and now I have this video to look at haha I've been slowing them down in my video editor.. helps a little.

pawnluvguitarist
04-04-2011, 05:09 AM
yeah Mustafiz got an old school board too, a classic fishtail. He still does a lot of street stuff, but yeah he's got a lot of boneless,footplant/revert variations as well. Should have lots of new footy from him as well this year.

Antwan
04-04-2011, 05:16 AM
oh hell yeah.. should be good.. you should both do a vid on your oldschool boards haha
I'm really excited about comply tail skid jams.. haven't tried it up a wall yet but I'll get there..
Gotta get out of here for a while but thanks for sharing..
I'll try to get something up before too long and will probably post in that tricks you've learned thread when I try something new.

briden
04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
It'd be sick if you did no complies instead of the thing where you take off your foot and spin.

xI blisk Ix
04-04-2011, 01:12 PM
manny spins where sick now do it on one wheel ;]

pawnluvguitarist
04-04-2011, 05:05 PM
manny spins where sick now do it on one wheel ;]

Thanks man, i've actually done a few of those before, but with much tighter trucks. Skating real loose right now, but i do definitely wanna get a consistant one wheel manual spin :)

Antwan
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
boneless to one foot revert would be an idea
haha that would be so sick.. it would be weird though.. like a mini frigid air to make sure you land one footed..
You're the one foot revert guy though so you tell me, sound possible?
I was going to say I actually broke the nose and tail to my board on accident trying no comply tricks..
seems easier to get the rotations now.. less traction I guess?

pawnluvguitarist
04-06-2011, 09:46 AM
boneless to one foot revert would be an idea
haha that would be so sick.. it would be weird though.. like a mini frigid air to make sure you land one footed..

sounds like it would be pretty tough, i do all my one foot pivot stuff with my left foot on the board, and doing a boneless its that same foot thats touching the ground, i dont see how i'd be able to pull that off haha. I have landed a few flatground 540 bonelessesss, dirtiest trick you'll ever see haha gotta get that on film.