PDA

View Full Version : Our future

thesignguy
04-04-2011, 06:25 AM
A lot of "I think this or I think that" going around
I passed allong the question to Cuz this morning so hopefully we may get some concrete answer/answers.
I still have hope and I think we will get it back until I hear otherwise from a reliable source. Plus with cap cards, our "art" can still be done.
If I'm wrong this will without a doubt be the beginning of the end.
It doesn't have to be the end of our comunity.
I have enjoyed meeting a lot of the people envolved with this game and hope to continue to do so.
We can continue to have a comunity that shares similar interests. We can always change this site in anyway to do so. Most if not all of us share the love for skateboarding and for me at least fluckit has been one of if not the biggest source for any skateboard related info/videos

My gt is thesignguy
Fb is Brian McClenahan

Your thoughts?

replicant
04-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Definitely interested to hear any heads up.
Gonna have to save some scratch for the PVR card since I don't have $200 just extra with house bills and such taking precedence.
I'm here for the longhaul since I like the community, love the game series, and simply have a passion for skateboarding.

fallingskyline
04-04-2011, 06:43 AM
fluckit is one hell of a community, its not just fakeskating or related videos, its a 2nd home for "old fucks" (but not only) loving skateboarding and everything related to that. even with servers dying you can still have a hell of a time here

i <3 fluckit

gt / psn: fallingskyline
fb: frank genet

Cookiesupporter
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Fluckit really shouldn't die. I mean I don't post that much, but I still check the site daily. I like it here :)

Gt: Cookiesupporter
Fb: Simon Luebeck

thesignguy
04-04-2011, 10:28 AM
My convo with Cuz today

ME:

Sorry to bother you on this, but I'm guessing you might know someone who knows something? We can't access reel clips or caps online for almost 2 weeks. Since I'm the admin at Fluckit ands it's arguably the most viewed source for info anymore, I was wondering if I could pass along any info. Thanks dude

CUZ:

Hey Brian,

Unfortunately, since I have absolutely nothing to do with EA anymore...I actually don't have any info. I do know a few people, but the ones I know have moved on to other projects. When I left in October, there was a real sense that no-one cared about the game at all. They were gearing up for their Black Ops SSX and didn't give a rat's ass about Skate.

Bummer...I suspect fixing Skate reel is pretty low priority if a priority at all. I'll email someone, but I'm thinking y'all/we need to keep at customer service.

Sorry...this rips my heart out, because Skate was our baby. Ugh.

ME:

Thanks dude, as I'm sure your guessing, this is not good news to all our buds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Keep rolling bro

CUZ:

Yeah, it sux for me, too. We...The Oak Street Locs...were starting up a new vid. Hopefully someone will fix this...it kills me. Truly kills me.

ME:

yeah dude that just plain sux. We were doing a final OATS X (10 btw haha) is was gonna be special. Me and Pawn have means of still recording. But Tubs was saving his clips up and going to get a little xbox $ card thing and upload in one day cuz hes saving his bread for college. Oh well from me and the rest of the (now practically crying comunity because I shared your response) we thank you man, met a lot of really cool peeps

If I hear anything, so will you

Skatehead
04-04-2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmAmJFUvzM

DonVigo
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Guys, wether I get to actually know you or not, in the couple weeks since I've joined I've kicked myself for not getting in on this community earlier. This seems to be the most pure thing out in gaming, I struggle to call it art, but the sharing of our work and development/progression from it... It's like, REAL skating was when I was a kid and had other friends that skated, too. I hope you guys keep this up until the end, and I hope I can get the means to grab a cap card and keep at it with ya'll. Keep up doing what you all do, it's freaking awesome.

blackhawk17
04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
this saddens me truly...i dont play that often anymore but i come here everday. pretty much a home haha. hopefully the people who do still play and enjoy it will get a cap card. i enjoy watching everyone of the videos that come out over here. real or fake.

adda89ldn
04-04-2011, 02:00 PM
i sure as fuck am not done with this game yet, i wanted to release at least two more full vids, and i really wanted to relaunch baroque.

still have tonnes of clips saved on my computer, and a list of stuff i wanna film specifically for the next stingray vid too...

Plus e.a. can't just kill our servers yet, they need to give us at least 30 days notice. but considering we paid for more server space (those with the filmer pack), and considering skate.create being such a big selling point with this game, i really don't see how they can kill them off, without a fight at least.

anyway, i know i've not been around as long as most of you but this place feels like home and all you guys are just as obsessed with skateboarding (fake and real) as me, so i'm sure not going anywhere

psn: adda89ldn
fb: if you're in the fluckit fb group just look for adriano in the members list.

MarcoPoloUSN
04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Fluckit is fine...

Its up to us to keep it alive for at least the next few years.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Demz saying he had some sort of 7 year contract for running the site.

As for skate videos...

I know you OGs are dead tired of Skate 2 (probably).. but I say we film our asses off for skate 2 while its working. Skate 3 is looking dead... its criminal, but real. Unfortunately I blew my cap card money on more games.....

gt: TG Marco Polo

DonVigo
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Fluckit is fine...

Its up to us to keep it alive for at least the next few years.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Demz saying he had some sort of 7 year contract for running the site.

As for skate videos...

I know you OGs are dead tired of Skate 2 (probably).. but I say we film our asses off for skate 2 while its working. Skate 3 is looking dead... its criminal, but real. Unfortunately I blew my cap card money on more games.....

gt: TG Marco Polo

Hmm... Skate 2 again, eh? It's been quite a while. Maybe this is our silver lining?!

Where do we go for the S2 Reel? I just surfed the EA site... And go figure... Nothin'.

adda89ldn
04-04-2011, 03:17 PM
http://skatereel.ea.com

briden
04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I tried uploading skate 2 footage yesterday and failed, it said I was out of server space even when I wasn't.

But I'm hoping someone else can prove me wrong.

adda89ldn
04-04-2011, 03:40 PM
I tried uploading skate 2 footage yesterday and failed, it said I was out of server space even when I wasn't.

But I'm hoping someone else can prove me wrong.

i've been uploading stuff in s2 all of last week.

briden
04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm equally stoked that it works, and bummed that it doesn't work for me...

DonVigo
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
http://skatereel.ea.com

Bless you, good sir.

thesignguy
04-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Just got more from cuz
Doin this from my iPhone so bare with me

New Message
S3 reel
Back to Messages Mark as Unread Report Spam Delete
Between Cuz Parry and You
Earlier Messages

Cuz Parry April 4 at 12:24pm Report
Hey Brian,

Unfortunately, since I have absolutely nothing to do with EA anymore...I actually don't have any info. I do know a few people, but the ones I know have moved on to other projects. When I left in October, there was a real sense that no-one cared about the game at all. They were gearing up for their Black Ops SSX and didn't give a rat's ass about Skate.

Bummer...I suspect fixing Skate reel is pretty low priority if a priority at all. I'll email someone, but I'm thinking y'all/we need to keep at customer service.

Sorry...this rips my heart out, because Skate was our baby. Ugh.

Brian McClenahan April 4 at 12:29pm
Thanks dude, as I'm sure your guessing, this is not good news to all our buds. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Keep rolling bro

Cuz Parry April 4 at 12:57pm Report
Yeah, it sux for me, too. We...The Oak Street Locs...were starting up a new vid. Hopefully someone will fix this...it kills me. Truly kills me.

Brian McClenahan April 4 at 1:03pm
yeah dude that just plain sux. We were doing a final OATS X (10 btw haha) is was gonna be special. Me and Pawn have means of still recording. But Tubs was saving his clips up and going to get a little xbox $ card thing and upload in one day cuz hes saving his bread for college. Oh well from me and the rest of the (now practically crying comunity because I shared your response) we thank you man, met a lot of really cool peeps

Cuz Parry April 4 at 7:18pm Report
Last ditch email to some people left at EA...and they do know about it now, (the right people evidently didn't realize there was a problem) and might be able to get it fixed. No promises...but at least it's on a person's radar that has the skill to fix it. Whether or not it gets fixed, who knows?.... fingers crossed.

Brian McClenahan April 4 at 7:44pm
Wow man. At least a shred of hope. I can't thank you enough even if you feel like it wasn't much, it means a lot to a bunch of us that really get geeked out on this thing you helped bring to life. Your good people, I share this with the whole comunity.
Reply:

Attach:

Back to Messages

m.seven
04-04-2011, 06:00 PM
that is awesome news!let's keep hoping for the best.

NotedDerk
04-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I should probably stop uploading clips then, hah.

Time to start looking for a cap card if it is down forever.

replicant
04-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Always nice to have hope.

MarcoPoloUSN
04-04-2011, 10:04 PM
We need to get our word to IGN. How can we submit articles?

We also need numbers in order to really push towards a reasonable solution.

Demzilla
04-05-2011, 08:05 AM
our future...
fluckit..
you..
me...

people that want to play regardless of reel or capture cards..
people that dont make as many vids but comment every other day...
people that love the series...

have years of fun ahead of them...

when reel finally dies those with cap cards with carry the flame till others can catch back up...
when the servers die and theres no more cap sharing it will turn to pictures and descriptions....
when the gc dies, blank decks or pro boards and still keep us virtually rolling...

we are not dead..
we are not dieing...
at this point it sounds like fluckit is loosing hope and its pissing me off...

ive had fun with skateboardings games without cap cards for years before skate...

regardless if i own on now...

i REFUSE to stop enjoying myself...

Ninety4
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
our future...
i REFUSE to stop enjoying myself...

I 100% agree with this statement.

Roccityroller
04-05-2011, 02:52 PM
we are not dead..
we are not dieing...
at this point it sounds like fluckit is loosing hope and its pissing me off...

THIS.

wtf is going on here? Even if reel is down, fluckit isn't going anywhere

reel dies. ok? If you don't have a cap card, collab with someone who does. WE CAN SWAP CAMERAS REMEMBER? There's enough cap carders here that this isn't going anywhere. And i'm embarrassed of ye' who have lost faith so quickly.

edit: btw... reel works again... noobz

thesignguy
04-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't really see were anyone gave up hope? I just read everything, besides heads (jokingly I'm sure) DOORS video, everyone was pretty willing to stick around, buy cap cards, play S2. Not sure I get were people were giving up but maybe I missed something. The whole point of the thread was to explain that fluckit will always be here and to post your FB and GT so we can trade and keep in touch, the hope was being givin up everywhere BUT here. That was why I started this thread.

Anyway..... this is the last part of my conversation with Cuz

ME:

It's back!!! Not sure if this little convo had anything to do with it, but i'd like to think it did. Can't wait for the locs video. I will go on my way now, thank you again

CUZ:

Umm...yep...it did. The right people had to know about the problem. The disconnect between EA customer service and the surviving Skate team members is pretty huge. Like I said, those still at EA that made Skate still love it and are proud of what we all built...it's just that they are working on other games and tasked with other responsibilities.

Like I also said...I don't work there...and thought someone would have figured out there was a problem. With a little prompting they did. Crisis averted...for now. Let's carpe that diem and get filming ;)

I plan on giving a thank you back to him so if anyone has anything to say post it in here and i will forward it on to him

knexzor
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I plan on giving a thank you back to him so if anyone has anything to say post it in here and i will forward it on to him
Put it in the We Are Fluckit video.
Cuz is the man

mamba12
04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Put it in the We Are Fluckit video.
Cuz is the man

what is that again? i forget. it was so long ago.

but seriously thanks for talking to him sg.

replicant
04-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Good to see it back up. Still going to pursue my data cable idea.

i am a snail
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
if i can at any point in time im buying a cap card i can hook up to my mac for the day skate.create inevitably goes kaput.

psn:i_am_a_snail
fb:alex freeburg

Permy
04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
hahaha skatehead

Deacon
04-26-2011, 12:54 PM
You know, i'm a total noob in the community, i've only been into making vids and doing graphics ETC since the end of november 09 and only active in forums for about a year as I always just did my own thing on YT

I found fluckit through people on the ea site recommending it (marcopolo to be precise), and since joining, i love it here. This for me is where the communuty is at, everyone is cool, and relaxed, you get decent constructive feedback and people actively look to help each other out, so i'm deffo gonna fight kicking and screaming to keep any part of this alive. Reading the messages above it seems you alll feel the same, so its all good :-)

Rastagnarian
04-26-2011, 05:51 PM
I agree with Deacon 100%. The community has become quite hostile lately, which is why I am not sad to leave. But I still believe that the community is far from over, people think that since S3 is "gay" that that means the skate community has fallen apart? What, just because innout leaves means the community has no back bone? I think not, I think we are farrr from done.

Deacon
04-27-2011, 05:10 AM
I don't know what it is about the community on YT, some of them seem to spend more time hating on people they dont know than concentrating on putitng out good content, its a shame as there are some really good players/editors on there who get lost in the bullshit sometimes.

Skatehead
05-07-2011, 01:48 PM
cap card...

bohemian
05-08-2011, 12:33 AM
the rad ones left

Antwan
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
It died because Cuz left

Corpsey
05-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Definitely going to start making videos again. Haven't done anything since I was on Catface... or Frequency. Either one.

HorseHead
05-10-2011, 08:56 AM
the rad ones left

Which is why you're still here...

ha! ;)

bohemian
05-10-2011, 12:00 PM
touché :)

Permy
05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
It died because Cuz left

because cuz is the only one that worked on anything
kyssssssssssss

Monk
06-14-2011, 11:10 PM
the future does not have a bright tomorrow; so get used to it... sorry to let ur hopes down but its a fact.

Phobia
07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
im not even close to being done with skate or fluckit, hell.. im just getting started.

EG Fr0sty
07-15-2011, 12:58 AM
Im right at my peaks end with making videos....Just cant get things going my way...Computers suck im no good a editing..Whats the point

But i will always come here to fluckit at least five times a day just to watch read and llisten to the goofy shit going down hahahaha

Love Fluckit and Still love the EA Forums even if it is all down hill over there still love it

Simpler
07-17-2011, 02:08 PM
I joined fluckit like 3 or 4 days ago and its already so sick

Mage505
08-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Wait, what's happening? Are they abandoning Skate 2 & 3 forever? I loved these games so much, and they were on a way higher level than Tony Hawk and Shaun White games. I guess we'll have to ban together and all make an ultimate skateboarding game the same as Skate games (Controls, Park Creator, Graphics) with a new city twice the size of New San Van.

Anyway, I hope the Reel will be fixed, my pictures, clips and parks don't appear under the thing to click on the box. I really wanted your opinion on some of my parks.

I may have not been here long but...

LONG LIVE THE SKATE SERIES!

Edit: Now it won't let me log in on the forums. :(

Antwan
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Keep trying to tell you blackbox is gone that means no website help no servers over time will be shut down which is crazy to think of cause I can go get a cheap 20 dollar and under ea game and its online services are there ea must of felt strongly about the diss if someone else steps up it wont matter skate was great because of flick it you can always play the game unrealisticly however but now its shunned im kinda torn really miss competitive millions from tony hawk no one cared about realism then that game was real when it came out but then we shaped this one to diss on competitive players I dont know man maybe its better off dead

jerr bear
08-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Game still has a score count so I don't think it was shaped to diss on competitive players.

FullyFl4RED00
08-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Antwan its not better off dead and its not going under because of people hating on arcade style gameplay...its going under because most people aren't into skateboarding games they are into shooters rpgs and other Shit. What bugs me is that if they shut down the servers I'm going to lose the dlc I've purchased because it only works when I'm online...does this happen for anyone else? I also can't play skateparks with dlc when I'm offline...wth

Antwan
08-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I mean the community.. in-game and online, through forums.. etc..
So someone does random fliptricks, someone likes 360 hardflips..
We try to tell someone to avoid these things to remain realistic.
You can't put a limit on what there's no limit to, it's just a matter of time..
Look at 360 flips.. they were a god's trick coming up back in the day but now the god's trick is 360 hardflips, 360 inwards etc.
Put some stuff into perspective people.. I'm tired of everyone disagreeing with me because they don't stop to think for a second..
I don't even know If I can pin it on comprehension anymore but I feel very frustrated posting online
because no one listens and everyone talks.. I'm about done trying..
and I swear if you try and shoot this back to me quoting "we" I will lose any respect I have for you..
Yeah I'm referring to those it applies to.. always have been.. let's have an "intellectual" exchange if one at all.

I see it when I'm playing as well.. I can do one manual and a fliptrick and get kicked..
people are hating on competitive players everywhere.

Facts over opinions here.. say what you want but when you lay it out this is happening..
Look at all of the things in skate 3 as well..
and we are dissing on competitive players.. are you serious?
50 stair handrails, a dam drop in.. "super ultra mega park"
This game was made to be for everyone and it didn't sell why I don't know
but I can draw some reasonable conclusions using the information I've already provided.

FullyFl4RED00
08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
^Hope that wasnt directed at me. I don't get involved with the realistic vs arcade debate because frankly It doesn't matter to me. I just build parks man. Sucks your getting booted all the time though. Does anyone know how to play dlc caps when not connected to the internet? Whenever Im not connected to the internet I cant play any of my parks even though i have all the dlc...i feel like im being fucking robbed by ea.

jerr bear
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Antwan... maybe you should ask yourself why you're playing this game man.

briden
08-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Does anyone know how to play dlc caps when not connected to the internet? Whenever Im not connected to the internet I cant play any of my parks even though i have all the dlc...i feel like im being fucking robbed by ea.

This is insane, I've never heard of this happening to anyone. Are you currently playing on the same gamertag as the one where you purchased them? I couldn't imagine another logical solution, maybe hit up tech support.

Antwan
08-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Antwan... maybe you should ask yourself why you're playing this game man.
I can guess what you're getting at
but it's like you didn't read what I posted..
I play for fun.. and the things people do around me are affecting that
I don't have people to skate with that aren't strictly reaslistic
and sometimes I don't want to skate that way.. getting kicked for winning, or doing a manual or two when I feel like it is fucking bogus..
When I win it's usually because people fall or haven't played long but that's beside the point..
the game is past fun people are trying to win but can't and get upset? I'm not trying to brag I just want to understand it..
I'm not even good at high scores.. I just happen to do more than others sometimes.. maybe it's not even a competitive player thing then
because I'm not really a manual up and down ramp kinda dude? ok maybe a few sometimes but never a whole line.. that bores me..
Maybe I think too much but this thread seems like a thinking thread.. and I think I'm still on topic so..

itsNJ
08-08-2011, 03:00 AM
antwan.. i think you're just overthinking this game and the community. play the game how you want to and stop caring about everything else

emericaridr11
08-08-2011, 03:23 PM
^Hope that wasnt directed at me. I don't get involved with the realistic vs arcade debate because frankly It doesn't matter to me. I just build parks man. Sucks your getting booted all the time though. Does anyone know how to play dlc caps when not connected to the internet? Whenever Im not connected to the internet I cant play any of my parks even though i have all the dlc...i feel like im being fucking robbed by ea.

WOW i thought I was the only one......

but mine is Only the Maloof DLC, every other one I can use without being on live..... I havent figured it out yet either

Antwan
08-08-2011, 04:00 PM
antwan.. i think you're just overthinking this game and the community. play the game how you want to and stop caring about everything else thats just it some things are un avoidable and going through 3 skate 3 discs im about over it this one is installed to my harddrive yet the disc is unreadable randomly ive also had a few different xboxes so its not the same xbox causing it.. I guess im the bad guy though joining random public matches and taking videos I make seriously.. We all have aim to connect and share and when it goes beyond that and people tell me how my style should look yeah im upset im not getting what I want out of this and im about done.. I like making videos but if people cant connect or enjoy them without critique I feel like ive failed. Ive been getting critique for four years and im tired of reading it.. ok heres where it gets real I can watch some of the bigger team videos and spot panback and other errors but no one comments on it just comment on the videos effort well wait I dont deserve the same respect?

jerr bear
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Its a matter of being able to make it work I suppose. Panbacks are usually a nono but taboo can be broken by compensation.. or something to cover it up. I guess your vids just never has that comvimcing factor in the eyes of most kids.

Permy
08-09-2011, 09:54 AM
It died because Cuz left

it died when scott and the good ones left.
cuz i'm sorry to say
was basically just a somewhat helpful puppet

Permy
08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
HOW'D YOU GET THAT HIGH OF A SCORE1!!!1111i

Hitmanx123
08-17-2011, 01:28 AM
http://http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/08%20your%20argument%20is%20invalid.jpg