PDA

View Full Version : Skating Ungrindables?

fsdoubleflip
04-09-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm guessing I'm pretty late on this, but what's with the hype over skating ungrindable objects? I'm not bashing, I just want to know what the deal is. Is it more realistic or difficult or something? And how do you grind them? I wanna try it out hahaha

RedScharlach
04-09-2011, 11:30 AM
ungrindables are fun because they can sometimes look more realistic than regular grinds, and even if not they at least look different; and yea they're also way more difficult to get a lock on, so getting them to look good takes a lot of patience/practice, and doing different types of ug grinds requires totally different approaches; sometimes powersliding makes a good ug, sometimes you have to manual to varying degrees, etc.

so yea, if you enjoy getting immeresed in the games input system and/or enjoy difficulty/perfectionism in your games, go for it

Ayreon
04-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Yah it does look more realistic some times. It's basically just a new challenge. A different way to play the game. I just recently did ungrindables for the first time and it turned out pretty good.

BannerBoy360
04-09-2011, 12:30 PM
is hard to get the hang of them at first, but it gets easier. sometimes it means that you can do certain types of *grinds* that you mite see in a real vid or somethin that the skate 3 tricklist wouldnt cater for. But, yes, sometimes they just fail.

pawnluvguitarist
04-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Love how UG's are finally getting popular, always been a hell of a lot of fun.

the deal with ungrindables is that they are the closest thing to grinding in RL, and a fun way to get a challenge out of simple grinds that would be effortless otherwise. There is no suction into grinds with ungrindables, and they allow for more trick options and animations.

Doing a manual or a nosemanual during the grind/slide can really help, also speed and angle are more important with UG's than normal grinds.

As a side note, holding the handplant button while going for a grind on a grindable object will cause it to act like its an ungrindable. Great on banks and transition. To avoid accidental handplants change up your angle or powerslide in as needed.

SeksulChokolate
04-09-2011, 03:00 PM
It's basically just a new challenge

They have been around since the beginning of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek2ZznOYUnU&feature=channel_video_title

Ayreon
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
They have been around since the beginning of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek2ZznOYUnU&feature=channel_video_title

new to me and a lot of other people smartass

MarcoPoloUSN
04-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I guess the OGs called it "unskateables." interesting.

I personally think UGs feel very uncomfortable. I can't do it so I don't bother.

pawnluvguitarist
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
yeah, when i first discovered them I called them "unskateables". After i put out my video and became part of the community at EA i heard that others were calling them stuff like "ungrindables" or "physics grinds". "Ungrindables" kind of stuck as the name for it in the community. Like "popless", "double grinds", ect "

Antwan
04-09-2011, 09:51 PM
If this community was less badass people might still be trying to figure them out..
but we share everything..
like a fluckin family.

pawnluvguitarist
04-10-2011, 03:02 AM
If this community was less badass people might still be trying to figure them out..
like a fluckin family.

Exactly, hell, the reason I even joined the forums in the first place was to spread the word on UG's

Flea
04-10-2011, 05:08 AM
oh man i miss the UG's in that xgames park - such a great bunch of set ups

i'm not sure, but i think UG's in skate 1 were more 'free' than in skate 3 - a lot of the time in skate 3 the pop-out of a grind (mostly UG crooks) is overtly massive - dont remember ever having that problem in skate 1. Again though, that's just another challenge to overcome :-)

The satisfaction value of UG's is +1000

OmgImSue
04-10-2011, 05:26 AM
UG's are worth my time and patience. When i get bored doing same old grinds, I just look for something ungrindable, It's much more challenging imo :D

replicant
04-10-2011, 05:58 AM
I guess the OGs called it "unskateables." interesting.

I personally think UGs feel very uncomfortable. I can't do it so I don't bother.The OG's refer to them as "pawnables". =P

fsdoubleflip
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
like a fluckin family.

And that is something I appreciate! Seriously guys, I just posted this yesterday and I already have 13 replies, thanks for the help! I already bookmarked NotedDerk's "ungrindahouse" park, so imma try it out now! Wish me luck hahaha

saunders420
04-10-2011, 12:28 PM
And that is something I appreciate! Seriously guys, I just posted this yesterday and I already have 13 replies, thanks for the help! I already bookmarked NotedDerk's "ungrindahouse" park, so imma try it out now! Wish me luck hahaha

Go try Emerica's ungrindable park too. Lots of fun!