PDA

View Full Version : Etnies and electronic arts merge to make skate 2 shoe

Nelson
11-27-2008, 05:45 AM
http://skateboardermag.com/skateboarder-news-features/news/etnies-ea-shoe-1.jpg

LAKE FOREST, Calif. (November 24, 2008) – etnies and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) worked together to bring the etnies GvR skateboarding contest to the Skate 2 video game, and to create an etnies Skate 2 RVM shoe for real world skateboarding. The etnies RVM Skate 2 shoe will be available when the game hits stores in early 2009.

Drawing inspiration from etnies skate heritage, the RVM features the classic etnies Rap styling with a slimmed down mid-top silhouette on a vulcanized outsole and a tonal Skate 2 logo on the outer heel. The RVM also features STI System G2 gel in the heel of the outsole to absorb shock and prevent heel bruises. The shoe will be sold at Zumiez in the United States, and it will be available at select retailers internationally.

“Skate 2 is a celebration of skateboarding and it’s really amazing how this game has brought the culture of skateboarding to so many kids. I really liked being a part of the original Skate, and it’s cool that they included me in Skate 2.” said etnies team rider, Jason Dill. “The game is pretty realistic. I think it is funny to play a virtual me on a video game.”

As for the game’s story, Skate 2 picks up five years after the original Skate, a period marred by an unspeakable disaster that left San Vanelona in ruins. Within that time, Mongocorp rebuilt the city but their zealous protection of private property has put a damper on the once thriving skate population. Equipped with double the bag of tricks, gamers are tasked to rebuild their career and revive the New San Vanelona skate scene. With their ability to get off-board to move objects around and with help from a crew of locals, players will embark on a mission to take back the city, one spot at a time. Along the way, they’ll need to get coverage, earn sponsorships, own challenges and enter contests, including a coveted invite to etnies GvR competition.

http://skateboardermag.com/skateboarder-news-features/news/etnies-and-electronic-arts-merge-real-and-virtual-worlds/

Mac
11-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Gstoked have to make em give free copies to Fluckit!

Hitmanx123
11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
bout to pick up a pair.....

ChvyVele
12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Those are actually pretty sweet.

SonicKaos
12-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Damn, those are really nice looking... wouldn't mind a pair of them myself. Perhaps when my Lakai's wear out, I'll grab me some Skate 2 shoes lol.

Darkslide
12-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow. I'm going to be completely honest here. Those shoes are hideous.

alphabet
12-04-2008, 02:07 AM
They look alright, I wouldn't buy a pair though. Dunno if i'd be compfortable walking round in computer game shoes.

Hinza
12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I want those BADLY!

Waiting for game release so i can buy game and shoes :P

Should be a collector's edition including the shoes..Would be sweet *cough*

BanginNLeavin
12-13-2008, 09:01 AM
I want those BADLY!

Waiting for game release so i can buy game and shoes :P

Should be a collector's edition including the shoes..Would be sweet *cough*

Game 60$
Shoes 120$
Special edition game including shoes 200$

kyleonfire
12-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Game 60$
Shoes 120$
Special edition game including shoes 200$

Bumping old threads: Priceless

Adio0709
12-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I think these shoes are ugly too. If I was gonna get this model, I would just get Malto's. Nobody is even gonna know they skate2 shoes, unless you take them off and stick the inside to there face.

BrettBombDigity
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM
fuckin awesome... nice shoes