Evolution
Big Bang Theory
Black Holes
Dark Matter
Bigfoot
psychics
vaccines cause autism
crop circles

Just curious what other peoples views are on a couple different subjects...

DonVigo
04-14-2011, 07:41 PM
911 conspiracy: No, lack of proof, and too many dingbats spewing pedantic nonsense claiming it to be proof rather than speculation.
JFK conspiracy: No, lack of proof, and anyone to whom it was actually relevant is probably dead.
Moon Hoax: No, lack of proof, and again, it's been so long since it happened it's a total waste of time trying to prove or disprove.
Roswell UFO crash: As in, alien UFO? Again, those trying to prove anything seldom lend themselves any credibility. (Whackjobs and idiots with nothing more important in their lives.)
homeopathy, straight chiropractic medicine, acupuncture: Chiro care as rehab, but not the practices most people try to run. (If they need to see you indefinitely, they're quacks.) Otherwise... Case by case for homeopathy (some things actually have effects, others don't) and I have more doubt than not about acupuncture.
ghosts: **** no. The fact that there are TV shows dedicated to ghost hunting proves that fools and their money quickly part ways.
God: As in "something beyond human comprehension," yes. As in "magic man in the sky," no.
Evolution: Yes, the evidence presented seems sound enough to be reasonable.
Big Bang Theory: Great TV show, and I trust Dr. Hawking's thoughts enough to call it plausable. However, I wasn't there.
Black Holes: Again, Dr. Hawking's thoughts seem to be worth respecting. I can still beat the guy in a foot race, though.
Dark Matter: Lack of real proof, but I'm quite curious to see what materializes. (PUN!)
Bigfoot: Hm, I'm furry, live in the Pacific Northwest, and have decent self-esteem. Yeah, I believe in me.
psychics: "Lisa, I want to purchase your rock..."
vaccines cause autism: Possibly the new ADD/ADHD as far as BS diagnosis to mask piss-poor parenting and the behavior it creates. Having a parent who's an expert in that realm, I trust his expertise to say no.
crop circles: Yes, people in Iowa with nothing better to do and the smarts to make the designs make crop circles.

What about you, good sir?

pawnluvguitarist
04-14-2011, 07:55 PM
personally of that list i believe in Evolution, The Big Bang Theory Black Holes and Dark Matter. And pretty much agree with your points exactly.

When i get a little time i'll go more in depth, im just really interested in this kind of stuff and i consider myself a skeptic.

Antwan
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I would have to see it to believe it, that's what I've always went by.. call me crazy or ignorant.
Even then what is that meaning; I'm misinformed, out of the loop.. gives me more breathing room..
Fuck it, I'd rather think about crazy shit happening than have logic, does that mean I believe either argument more?
Nah.. Just as people have come to believe "conspiracies" and "theories" they've also come to believe in "Logical Explanation"
Something to keep you sane, I guess.. So I suppose I'm neutral.
All I know is we came to be.. were fed things and we took them in because it seemed to make sense.
What I've always tried to do is define my own sense.. and it makes me a neutral argument.

Here's one.. why is a conspiracy labeled a conspiracy? Why couldn't it just be a theory?
Sounds a little messed up doesn't it?

edit: to add..
It's obvious the difference is in definition but
Is it so unlikely that a conspiracy first had to happen for the word to exist?
Did the word Conspiracy exist before people made conspiracies?

jest118
04-14-2011, 10:20 PM
911 conspiracy - I don't believe in all the theories but there are some theories that I believe are plausible.

JFK conspiracy - too many inconsistencies that can't be verified in both the official version and the "conspiracy" theories. Don't have a belief either way.

Moon Hoax - Same as above

Roswell UFO crash - Nope

homeopathy, straight cyropractic medicine, acupuncture - Odd to stick these together. I think Chiropractic medicine provides temporary relief but no solutions. The others I don't believe in.

ghosts - Yes. Personal experiences.

God - Too many reasons for Religion to exist as a medium of control. However I'm not vain enough to think I know for certain.

Evolution - Yes

Big Bang Theory - Yes

Black Holes - That they exist... yes.

Dark Matter - Haven't done research on the subject.

Bigfoot - Yes. He's my 1 year old son. lol Nah.. but seriously, No.

psychics - Yes. Though I believe that most people who claim to be psychics are full of shit.

vaccines cause autism - No. Jenny McCarthy is pretty hot though.

crop circles - No

briden
04-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Big Bang Theory is one of the best shows out right now. BAZINGA!

replicant
04-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Do you believe in (the):
911 conspiracy - Maybe, It does raise questions.
JFK conspiracy - Maybe, It does raise questions.
Moon Hoax - No, but I can see some peoples points.
Roswell UFO crash - Yes
homeopathy, straight cyropractic medicine, acupuncture - Yes
ghosts - Yes
God - Potentially, needs more definition.
Evolution - Yes
Big Bang Theory - No
Black Holes - Yes
Dark Matter - Yes
Bigfoot - Yes
psychics - Yes
vaccines cause autism - No
crop circles - Not all, but some yes.

pawnluvguitarist
04-15-2011, 03:01 AM
homeopathy, straight cyropractic medicine, acupuncture - Odd to stick these together. I think Chiropractic medicine provides temporary relief but no solutions. The others I don't believe in.

I stuck them all together because they all have almost magical explanations on how they could work. And thats why I put "straight chiropractic" because a lot of it is just like a massage and has the temporary healing effects of a massage. Some people may not know, but Chiropractors are not PHD's, Its the straight Chiros that believe they are treating the flow of a so called "life energy" which there really is no evidence for, or even a plausible mechanism.

Homeopathy is based on magical thinking as well. Without going too much in depth, bottom line, its just water, diluted way past the point of having any meaningful amount of active ingredient. Not that the active ingredient would of had any chance anyway, its usually a "like cures like" kind of thing. So for example if you were having trouble sleeping you may take some caffeine diluted in water:

Designation ------Dilution Rate
X -------- ------- 1/10
C ----- ----- ----- 1/100
M ----- --- ----- 1/1000
LM ----- ---- ------ 1/50,000

acupuncture is a good example of magical thinking as well and the placebo effect at work. Its all based on chee, (which there is no evidence of or possible mechanism). Triple blinded tests have shown no difference where you put the needles or even if they are inserted at all, acupuncture does no better than placebo.

bohemian
04-15-2011, 03:19 AM
you forgot santa claus and the toothferry in your random list.

adda89ldn
04-15-2011, 03:37 AM
911 conspiracy
it's hard to believe in a theory without solid evidence

JFK conspiracy

Moon Hoax

Roswell UFO crash

homeopathy, straight cyropractic medicine, acupuncture
i've seen acupuncture work.

ghosts
yeah

God

Evolution
it's still happening.

Big Bang Theory
i hate that show.

Black Holes
yes

Dark Matter
yeah

Bigfoot
i'm pretty sure my friend had sex with her this one time.

psychics

vaccines cause autism
me and everyone i know has had vaccines and not one has autism.

crop circles
seriously, so intergalactic beings came here, and the best they could do was harass a farmer?

raptor jesus
all hail

replicant
04-15-2011, 04:21 AM
I stuck them all together because they all have almost magical explanations on how they could work. And thats why I put "straight chiropractic" because a lot of it is just like a massage and has the temporary healing effects of a massage. Some people may not know, but Chiropractors are not PHD's, Its the straight Chiros that believe they are treating the flow of a so called "life energy" which there really is no evidence for, or even a plausible mechanism.

Homeopathy is based on magical thinking as well. Without going too much in depth, bottom line, its just water, diluted way past the point of having any meaningful amount of active ingredient. Not that the active ingredient would of had any chance anyway, its usually a "like cures like" kind of thing. So for example if you were having trouble sleeping you may take some caffeine diluted in water:

Designation ------Dilution Rate
X -------- ------- 1/10
C ----- ----- ----- 1/100
M ----- --- ----- 1/1000
LM ----- ---- ------ 1/50,000

acupuncture is a good example of magical thinking as well and the placebo effect at work. Its all based on chee, (which there is no evidence of or possible mechanism). Triple blinded tests have shown no difference where you put the needles or even if they are inserted at all, acupuncture does no better than placebo.
While Alternative Medicines do go into the "WTF" category I can say personally I've had success from Acupuncture and Chiropractic work myself. Some friends I know swear by homeopathic remedies and it works for them. Is it the Placebo Effect, Mind Over Matter or the Real Deal I can't say with 100% certainty. In the past 30+ years of skateboarding, being the victim of a hit-n-run, and general kid logic (i can jump off the house and be fine or that tree isn't so high) I've had my fair share of tweaked, twisted, torn, broken, sprained, etc things happen to my Bones, Ligaments, Tendons, and Muscles (I think my mom has records of me breaking like 17 different bones from skating alone >_>). Now I even suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which isn't associated with the above dumb luck/stupidity, but is quite painful for those familiar with it. Looking at my gnarley hands I bet most of you would be amazed I can use an Xbox controller. :)

I have prescriptions for medications to help with the pain and inflammation, but the problem with them is they tend to leave me sleepy and just blah/fuzzy. However, I can go to a local Doctor who is also a Chiropractor and Acupuncturist for a short treatment (roughly 1hr) that will have me relatively pain free from my Arthritis with increased mobility for a couple weeks (maybe 1-2 OTC Ibuprofen a week). This treatment is solely from his acupuncture. I visit him for chiropractic work I'd say every 6 months or so when my back acts up. After another short session I am right as rain and back on my board grinding like a kid again. Whether it is pseudomedicine, magic, or whatever all I know is it works for me and has for a very long time.

bohemian
04-15-2011, 04:27 AM
oh, one more thing you forgot to ask about

is the world flat?

adda89ldn
04-15-2011, 04:29 AM
oh, one more thing you forgot to ask about

is the world flat?

it clearly is.

do you believe in raptor jesus?

replicant
04-15-2011, 04:35 AM
it clearly is.

do you believe in raptor jesus?I believe in Raptor Jesus and The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Slamooh
04-15-2011, 04:48 AM
Context : i have a strong scientific background. As a result i am skeptical and try to ask myself questions and analyse stuff most of the time. try to be logical
Antwan => Why conspiracy instead of theory ? Just look at the definition of a theory...theory means facts... ie ... A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena. I feel like with conspiracies, the thesis exists before facts... and then people look at facts and interpret them the way they want / the way they need.

Do you believe in (the):
911 conspiracy : no

JFK conspiracy : can't say...doesnt really care

Moon Hoax : it happened... will happen again soon

Roswell UFO crash : UFO doesnt mean Aliens... roswell was bullshit... and this paradox is enough to show that aliens didnt come here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox i do believe there is extraterrestrial life though

homeopathy, straight cyropractic medicine, acupuncture : Psychosomatism and placebo effect... you can partly cure yourself with your own brain...homeopathy is a huge hoax but it kinda works because of the placebo effect... im wondering about acupuncture but i think its like advanced placebo effect

ghosts : no, when youre dead, game over...

God : its a belief... doesnt exist. many questions about the universe and stuff though... but no there is no old guy with a beard, no paradise, no hell.

Evolution : yes, there are facts

Big Bang Theory : yes, there are facts but still needs to be studied and understood

Black Holes : yes, there are facts

Dark Matter : yes, there are facts but still needs to be studied and understood

Bigfoot : i dont believe there is another big ape species

psychics : no

vaccines cause autism : no

crop circles : lol some people have fun with mowers...

thesignguy
04-15-2011, 04:57 AM
I honestly usually only look at these threads to see Pawns post, and then to see Flix's silent underhanded comeback. There should be a thread with all of them together.

911 conspiracy-not yet
JFK conspiracy-not anymore, til I saw a show about 4 years ago totally break it down with science
Moon Hoax-no then kind of then no, mith busters was givin pretty much total access to anything from NASA they wanted. Pretty telling actually.
Roswell UFO crash-I'm honestly up in the air on this one, gov def hiding something on this event. I kind of think they could of been us from the future. It would explain the reason for the cover up, most examples of aliens are to similar to humans. Our science center has a computer evolution slide show, stunning how our future selves look like the common description of aliens.
homeopathy, straight cyropractic medicine, acupuncture- believe in? Most of the root causes for these problems are just as much phycological as physical. So if these actions fix you that way then I guess I believe in them.
ghosts-hmmm
God-I'd rather not say in case I change my mind
Evolution-yes
Big Bang Theory-everything seems to be spheres circling other spheres. Size and time are only relevant to the one looking. To us maybe a bang. To something else looking at our universe in a microscope, maybe not such a BIG BANG
Black Holes-yes
Dark Matter- honestly don't know enough but what I do know I haven't questioned
Bigfoot- no
psychics-yes edit:I misread and thought you said physics so no
vaccines cause autism-no a lot of the increase (I didn't say all) in autism can directly be related to what we used to call mental retardation.
crop circles- no

pawnluvguitarist
04-15-2011, 06:15 AM
Haha SG, I do get a chuckle out of it too. But yeah the government was covering something up at Roswell, but for good reason, I'll gather a few links later today and try to explain more in depth when I get home from work. But it was a military thing not a space thing, cold war spy project, was revealed after the war was over.

Shaydee UK
04-15-2011, 07:37 AM
vaccines cause autism: Possibly the new ADD/ADHD as far as BS diagnosis to mask piss-poor parenting and the behavior it creates. Having a parent who's an expert in that realm, I trust his expertise to say no.

As a parent of an autistic child, I like to think it wasnt my "piss-poor parenting" that caused it...

vaccines cause autism: I can only speak from my personal experience. Our son was a healthy 2 year old boy, everything about him was normal throughout those 2 years, all doctors and health proffesionals had no concerns at all. He had his MMR vacination at about 2 1/2 years old and almost instantly there was some changes in him. He got quite ill for a good couple of months, just coughs, sickness and generally feeling lethargic, he stopped eating a variety of foods and would only eat toast and yoghurt and his general behaviour started deterioating. About 6 months later, with no improvements his playschool reccomended we seek proffesional help. Within days he was diagnosed with autism. Over the next year or so I was forced to resign from my job and look after my son at home as my wife couldn't control him anymore. Nowdays he is alot better, of course he has autism still, but he is reasonably high functioning and has some remarkable traits. He has an amazing memory and has photgraphic memory. At 7 years old he can read, and comprehend, at an adult level and every day he amazes us by doing something we never thought he was capable of!

At the time we had no idea about the MMR / Autism link, the link had not been made but in hindsight we can pinpoint the change, give or take, to the time period he had his MMR vacination. Now, I am not 100% convinced that my son was affected by the vacination, but neither have I dismissed it. That being said, my youngest son has not, and will not be having the injection, he is now about the same age as my eldest was when he started "acting differently". Right now my youngest acts 100% like a "normal" child and we hope that will never change.

I wouldn't be so quick to nonsense the link and I recommend that if anyone has a child who is due the vaccination they do as much research as possible and make an educated decision about it.

thesignguy
04-15-2011, 07:56 AM
WOW dude thats some heavy shit. Anyone who thinks Autism is created by bad parenting is just plain ignorant. I have a 23 month old, and I look for signs of autism more than anything else. Sounds like your lil dude is in great hands.

Shaydee UK
04-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks SG!

replicant
04-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Unless I read it wrong I think DV meant that improper parenting has led many children to be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD/Autism when it's actually just lack of discipline. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how I read it.
As for MMR they actually had a segment on the Today Show this morning to once again say Vaccines have nothing to do with Autism increases. They even brought up the UK Wakefield incident as the catalyst to the debate.
I myself had/have ADHD (Used to be called Extreme Hyperactivity when I was diagnosed as a kid and given the wonder drug "Ritalin") and my cousin was borderline autistic, so I can understand miracles and headaches we can place upon our parents. =)

thesignguy
04-15-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure your interpretation of what he said is all that different from how I took it, besides the "many" part that he didn't say. But anyway, I'm sure if he knew how close to home it was going to hit someone he wouldn't of put it that way. As far as my listing of "no" for that question, I am going off of what I have seen from both sides of this argument. Furthermore as painful as it is for me to say with someone having a child with autism in this discussion, I think the % of children it may effect is a smaller % of the children that would die or be effected without the vaccine. With that said, fortunately so far I don't see symptoms, but if I did and it surrounded a time period that he got a vaccine, you bet your ass I would change my mind, and most likely be pissed at anyone who didn't believe me.

jest118
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Pawn: I thought it was weird because you listed all those conspiracy's separately.. then you grouped all the alternative medicines together. Seemed odd.

Penn and Teller's "Bullshit" did an Episode on the link between Vaccinations and Autism that completely convinced me that the Anti-Vaccination movement was misinformed.

Penn Point - Discussing Andrew Wakefield being the equivalent of "disbarred" from being a Dr in the UK.

http://youtu.be/oJuf6G5P2_s?hd=1

Here's the beginning of Penn and Teller's Bullshit episode. I think the whole thing is up on youtube in parts.
http://youtu.be/Xo97VouL0ls

I'm not posting these to say "this is evidence it's 100% not true," just posting it to show some very interesting points and facts that are provided that many people in the anti-vaccine movement either don't know or don't talk about.

Shaydee UK
04-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm all up for discussing the topic, whatever your beliefs. And I didn't take offence by the comment, but I did feel I needed to say something. Well, maybe I did take a little offence at first, but it's no biggy.

And like I said before, I am in noway 100% sure that the vaccine was the cause, trigger, or had anything at all with his condition, all I can do is inform people of my personal experience. Not letting my youngest have the vaccination, was a personal decision for us as a family. If we did, and he is diagnosed with autism too, we would forever look at that decision and think "what if". Not having it means at least it has been taken out of the equation.

pawnluvguitarist
04-15-2011, 10:33 AM
As a parent of an autistic child, I like to think it wasnt my "piss-poor parenting" that caused it...

vaccines cause autism: I can only speak from my personal experience. Our son was a healthy 2 year old boy, everything about him was normal throughout those 2 years, all doctors and health proffesionals had no concerns at all. He had his MMR vacination at about 2 1/2 years old and almost instantly there was some changes in him. He got quite ill for a good couple of months, just coughs, sickness and generally feeling lethargic, he stopped eating a variety of foods and would only eat toast and yoghurt and his general behaviour started deterioating. About 6 months later, with no improvements his playschool reccomended we seek proffesional help. Within days he was diagnosed with autism. Over the next year or so I was forced to resign from my job and look after my son at home as my wife couldn't control him anymore. Nowdays he is alot better, of course he has autism still, but he is reasonably high functioning and has some remarkable traits. He has an amazing memory and has photgraphic memory. At 7 years old he can read, and comprehend, at an adult level and every day he amazes us by doing something we never thought he was capable of!

At the time we had no idea about the MMR / Autism link, the link had not been made but in hindsight we can pinpoint the change, give or take, to the time period he had his MMR vacination. Now, I am not 100% convinced that my son was affected by the vacination, but neither have I dismissed it. That being said, my youngest son has not, and will not be having the injection, he is now about the same age as my eldest was when he started "acting differently". Right now my youngest acts 100% like a "normal" child and we hope that will never change.

I wouldn't be so quick to nonsense the link and I recommend that if anyone has a child who is due the vaccination they do as much research as possible and make an educated decision about it.

First off, i feel for you man, kids can be a handful as is, it has to be rough and you have my sympathies.

I do strongly disagree with you though, as does the scientific consensus.

Autism is a genetic disorder, piss-poor parenting like other environmental factors may have something to with how soon its diagnosed but other than that, BS.

The anti vaccine movement believe the trace amounts of mercury (much less than you would intake just from eating fish daily) that were in the MMR vaccine caused autism. They came out and said that if the mercury was removed autism levels would drop significantly. The MMR has been mercury free for years now and autism levels continue to increase. Although the scientific consensus is that the increase is due to more awareness, screening and the broadening of the definition of autism.

Although we do disagree, i commend you for doing the research yourself and coming to your own decision, and not having the ignorance/arrogance to think a personal anecdote and a layman's interpretation of it trumps scientific evidence, studies, ect.

a few short articles on the subject:

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=1111#more-1111
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=3079
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=2270
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=1272
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=1054

pawnluvguitarist
04-15-2011, 11:05 AM
A little information about what happened at Roswell and Project Mogul:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul
http://www.subversiveelement.com/Roswell_Incident_Mogul.html

DonVigo
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Shaydee - Bro, it's not to say EVERY kid who's diagnosed is a BS case. My dad and step mom own a private special ed school specializing in high-functioning autism/aspbergers syndrome. They turn down A LOT of kids who, in their professional opinion are misdiagnosed. I don't see how that statement I made would give you the inference that your kid is lumped in with that group... But I'll say I'm sorry as I know A LOT of great kids having to deal with the shitty hand life has dealt them.

The problem I was trying to point out is that in the US we have a lot of disconnected parents with shitty kids who will convince a Dr. that something is wrong with their kid rather than their parenting. My generation (I'm in my late 20's) saw a lot of kids on Ritalin when they REALLY just needed more attention in their younger years. If you try to use the TV to babysit a kid, they're going to have a short attention span due to the medium, and that isn't the same thing as having ADD, though many doc's would diagnose it just the same. Our problem is that Autism has started taking that place in a lot of circumstances. As pawnlove pointed out, they're broadening the spectrum of the diagnosis, and the downside to that is that there's a lot of borderline at best cases getting the label.

In the future, I have to add that just cause someone makes a statement about something that relates to you, doesn't necessarily mean they're talking about you. I know it's a sensitive subject for some people, but as... Again, I didn't say ALL Autism is caused by environmental issues, you really didn't need to get defensive. In this case, it's more the exception than the rule, and you're more likely than not part of that exception.

I wish you and the little guy luck. I've seen a lot of kids come through the school's doors seemingly hopeless and leave to lead great lives. A famous speaker on Aspberger's came to Seattle, toured the Microsoft campus, and made the joke "I've never felt so at home around so many Aspy's." There's some strengths that come with those weaknesses, and I hope you have the resources to have good people highlight those with your child.

thesignguy
04-15-2011, 01:22 PM
In the future, I have to add that just cause someone makes a statement about something that relates to you, doesn't necessarily mean they're talking about you. I know it's a sensitive subject for some people, but as... Again, I didn't say ALL Autism is caused by environmental issues, you really didn't need to get defensive. In this case, it's more the exception than the rule, and you're more likely than not part of that exception.

I think i got more defensive than he did, you wrote those words he didn't. It very easily could of been taken either way, so.... "in the future" you might want to be careful how you word things. C'est la vie

NotedDerk
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l27hfdsjZM1qa1d27o1_400.jpg

Shaydee UK
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Don, it's really no biggy. My post wasn't directed at you, not at all really. It was your comment that made me want to post however, and in hindsight, looking at how I quoted you it looks that way, I appologise. I just felt after reading all the comments how nobody believed there is a link I wanted to tell my story, as it's something close to my heart. And with matters close to your heart, you can think with your heart and not your head. Therefore I can't help but think "what if" he didn't have the vacination. I just wanted to post my first hand experience, and to at least make people aware it's at least a decision worth taking some time over.

I wish you and the little guy luck. I've seen a lot of kids come through the school's doors seemingly hopeless and leave to lead great lives.

My son goes to a brilliant school, they really have changed his life. He was enrolled at the school as one of the most severe cases of autism at the school, as it's a high functioning school. He has been there for 3 and a half years now and is now considered one of the brightest pupils the school has ever had. The work they have done with him is nothing short of amazing. Although he is the amazing one really, hs is 7 and has an incredible thirst for knowledge. He is like a walking dictionary, spends hours browsing wikipedia and writes his own short stories! His speech is perfect now too, and that's after his doctor advised us that he would probably never speak. It's thanks to the teachers at his school, just like your parents, that understood him and knew how to get the very best out of him. We really believe the world is his oyster!

DonVigo
04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm glad to hear Shaydee. I'm telling you, not that I'm a professional, but I think I've known more people who had some form of autism and above genius level IQ's than not. It's amazing how broad that scope can really be, especially when so many people think of Rain Man-like savantism. Beyond any schooling, I've always thought the quality of a child is the direct cause of the quality of the parent, and it sounds like you're a prime example of the good in parents. Much respect, and I hope when I become a parent myself, I can carry that influence.

And Signguy, I'm going to agree to disagree with you, but not without pointing out that you came out and called me ignorant for a broad generalization that you took slightly out of context... I know my expression can be fairly brash, but I don't apologise for it. I think we're at a misunderstanding at that point, and name calling isn't really called for. Again, I never said anything to the effect of autism itself being a crock, just that it's becoming highly overdiagnosed due to behavioral issues, which, in my opinion, are more often than not caused by the enviroment the child is raised in more than anything. No love lost or anything, but you know... Don't call me names, you big meanie!!!

thesignguy
04-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I didn't call you names I said : "Anyone who thinks Autism is created by bad parenting is just plain ignorant."
If you don't feel that way then it couldn't be directed at you
were all friends here

DonVigo
04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
*Offers fresh picked flowers*

pawnluvguitarist
04-30-2011, 07:09 PM
what side are you on with alternative medicine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6kn-JJ2HiU

Dr Novella is from a skeptics podcast i listen to if anyone is interested http://www.theskepticsguide.org/

OGBMX420
04-30-2011, 07:26 PM
BIG Foot has to be real. Living in Canada my whole life i truly believe in the sasquatch or SAMSQUANCH w/e u wanna call it .I believe is just a type of human that never fully devolved or human that mated with animal (sick) BIG FOOT = real

fallingskyline
05-03-2011, 01:53 AM
911 conspiracy: truely don't know what to believe in, all the conspiracies have their point, but no proof
JFK conspiracy: no
Moon Hoax: no
Roswell UFO crash: no
homeopathy, straight cyropractic medicine, acupuncture: some of it can ease things, but as a solution, no
ghosts: no
God: there may be some bigger thing, but i surely can believe in invisible pink unicorns and flying spaghetti monsters aswell
Evolution: yes
Big Bang Theory: i've seen it on futurama so its real
Black Holes: yes
Dark Matter: nibbler shits that stuff
Bigfoot: why no yeti question? both, no
psychics: yes and no
vaccines cause autism: hell, no
crop circles: they look nice on pictures, but no
santa & easterbunny: sure <3