PDA

View Full Version : Ya... I make some Music.... so what

emericaridr11
04-15-2011, 12:39 AM
I got Reason again (after a good 1 and a Half without it) and Im having fun, I missed it.......

Just a little jam made in about 2 hours, nothing too hot, little beat and whatnot (Ive got way better jams in the works)

but hell I like to share, feel free to comment if you wants to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HlndXXoSbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HlndXXoSbE

replicant
04-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Needs more cowbell, but otherwise I thought it was pretty solid.
The break and segway from 1:30-1:47 seemed out of place though and didn't really build up the punch at 1:48.

emericaridr11
04-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Needs more cowbell, but otherwise I thought it was pretty solid.
The break and segway from 1:30-1:47 seemed out of place though and didn't really build up the punch at 1:48.
cheers man.... its really repetitive too, been a long time since I used reason, MAD FUN

DonVigo
04-15-2011, 01:03 AM
I'd speak in a rhythmic fashion over it. I dig!

replicant
04-15-2011, 01:50 AM
cheers man.... its really repetitive too, been a long time since I used reason, MAD FUNMusic is definitely a wonderful way to have fun. My arthritis keeps me from playing these days, but I still love it with a passion.

emericaridr11
04-15-2011, 01:56 AM
Music is definitely a wonderful way to have fun. My arthritis keeps me from playing these days, but I still love it with a passion.

ah.... Piano player? or Guitar?

I played drums for 10 years, but moved to more electronica music, its more fun to make....... well for me

Ohmidineffect
04-15-2011, 02:21 AM
Oh man the break beat is so ill, I wish I wasn't so rusty at breakdancing I'd session to this everyday.

replicant
04-15-2011, 02:28 AM
ah.... Piano player? or Guitar?

I played drums for 10 years, but moved to more electronica music, its more fun to make....... well for meClassically trained on Tuba and Percussion, but for bands I played Guitar/Bass (sometimes trap set). Mostly did Metal and Punk music.

Slamooh
04-15-2011, 02:57 AM
Sounds really good imo. I m really into that instrumental / abstract-ish hip hop and this sounds like the stuff i really like... minimalistic and efficient beats like jel, odd nosdam, etc...
I agree about the repetitive aspect but its no big deal imo... when you got your main beat, i think variations through the track is the hardest part
Im looking forward to your next ones

One question : im more a dj myself but i recently discussed trying to make beats with a friend... i start from scratch and have learned no music theory tbh...
do you think i should start with programs like garageband and see how its done, or do you recommend to go straight to reason and save some time ?

replicant
04-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Sounds really good imo. I m really into that instrumental / abstract-ish hip hop and this sounds like the stuff i really like... minimalistic and efficient beats like jel, odd nosdam, etc...
I agree about the repetitive aspect but its no big deal imo... when you got your main beat, i think variations through the track is the hardest part

One question : im more a dj myself but i recently discussed trying to make beats with a friend... i start from scratch and have learned no music theory tbh...
do you think i should start with programs like garageband and see how its done, or do you recommend to go straight to reason and save some time ?If I remember correctly Garageband doesn't give you much to work with. It's pretty barebones. I'd say for ease of use getting a solid start with Reason is just fine. I still mess with Rebirth (done by the same company) once in awhile and it's good even if it's old. I like Fruity Loops Studio better (more options last I checked), but not sure if it will run on a mac via bootcamp/crossover. Another good one to consider is Ableton Live.

replicant
04-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Oh, and don't worry about music theory until later. If you DJ and have a brain that works, then you already know how to count to 4 in beat on time and have an idea of how music progression (build ups, cool downs, breaks, overlaps, etc) works. That basic function right there is all you need to get started. The more advanced things will come with time.

Follow the most basic design mantra at first.
KISS - Keep it simple, Stupid!

emericaridr11
04-15-2011, 10:40 AM
ya Slam I agree with Rep I havent taken any music theory classes either, and to answer your question......

Reason 4 is AWESOME, and actually really easy to use (at least for me its easier than Fruity Loops)..... Fruity Loops is great for techno and dj(ing) type shit.... a little cheesy at times, but if you know what your doing you can make some really rad productions....

I say go for Reason straight up.... but I just love that program, fruity loops is tight too

Garage band is a fun looping like program.... you can make sone cool Voices in Garage Band though, so I say just keep it around you might use it for some things

REASON (probably can torrent it im not sure) is the way to go IMO

and FruityLoops has a Mac version now.... Ableton is awesome too

thanks dudes, just a quick jam, took hardly any time I didnt really focus on this one, just wanted to get back into reason

replicant
04-15-2011, 11:11 PM
very nice. i did not know that FL had gone mac.

Slamooh
04-16-2011, 01:44 AM
tks for your answers guys ;). I was looking for fruity loops as its the software my buddy uses... but as i want to work on mac... i thought i had to find another software.
Ok i guess i better try reason ;).

lets try

emericaridr11
04-16-2011, 01:56 AM
tks for your answers guys ;). I was looking for fruity loops as its the software my buddy uses... but as i want to work on mac... i thought i had to find another software.
Ok i guess i better try reason ;).

lets try

it can be overwhelming at first.... just watch some tutorials on Youtube.....

a really good guy to watch is....... http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwboyinabandcom

he has IMO some of the best reason tutorials around

Cookiesupporter
04-16-2011, 03:30 AM

What slamooh said. I really dig your beat. I said it on youtube (sicbrick). I'm stoked off my face because of the goodness of the beat. In 2 hours? Shit...I'm not gonna talk about laying and compression here and there maybe needed, since it was a short jam. I make music with reason 4 too. We should stay in touch bro!

By the way...how fucking talented is this community here? I love all yall!

emericaridr11
04-16-2011, 11:20 AM
What slamooh said. I really dig your beat. I said it on youtube (sicbrick). I'm stoked off my face because of the goodness of the beat. In 2 hours? Shit...I'm not gonna talk about laying and compression here and there maybe needed, since it was a short jam. I make music with reason 4 too. We should stay in touch bro!

By the way...how fucking talented is this community here? I love all yall!
hell ya man cheers cookie.......

MUSIC COLLAB!?

jpdidde13
04-16-2011, 11:26 AM
the beats solid E like the feel sweet syncopation i dig it id definitely mix the hell outta this track being a dj mahself

@slammy
get reason right away the others will limit you in ways you won't like and will frustrate you....
musical training f that shit if you dj you can match a beat which means you got timing on lock you know all about rises falls and transitions so the musicality already exists in your brain.......only thing you'll possibly have trouble with is making your fingers do what your brain says on the keyboard which is where reason has your back with the auto beat enhancement so if you off by small increments it'll adjust it to keep you on tempo :)

Mixing your own tracks into your mixes is hella satisfying just make sure to share your shit so we can all get down on it

Roccityroller
04-16-2011, 11:55 AM
slammy, you'll figure it out. I more or less taught myself fruity loops in a day. Making the beats is easy, getting the sounds to sound right is hard.

Cookiesupporter
04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
MUSIC COLLAB!?

I'd love to. Add me on facebook. My Name is Simon Luebeck (don't even try saying my last name, it's just too german :)

emericaridr11
04-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I'd love to. Add me on facebook. My Name is Simon Luebeck (don't even try saying my last name, it's just too german :)

cool but I dont have a facebook, so we will have to keep in contact some other way... here.... email (emericaridr11@yahoo.com)..... or whatever