PDA

View Full Version : DonVigo Fakeskating and Reallyrapping

DonVigo
04-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Told Rep I'd do a quickie to a track of my very own, and here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsT6cFI9AXI

This was a good buddy of mine who'd played lead guitar in a punk band with me and I trying to start up a rap group. I'm playing the gitstick in this mix, and he's on the bass. We never really made it any father than getting drunk and playing out the bathroom... Speaking of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jtvH6LVFaE

Please, leave some comments, music and filming alike. Unlike some folks, your attempt to help won't result in you being called some weak, lame-ass, "I'm rubber and your glue" nonsense like "haters."

You ever notice that people who claim that people "hate on" them are total douche bags who deserve the hatred?!

Pepperidge farms does.

replicant
04-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Haha, very nice DV. Solid skating, the filming was pretty good, and the rapping was quite impressive. I give it 4 out of 5 recliners.
Now I expect to hear more music. :p

DonVigo
04-17-2011, 01:54 AM
Haha, very nice DV. Solid skating, the filming was pretty good, and the rapping was quite impressive. I give it 4 out of 5 recliners.
Now I expect to hear more music. :p

Literally laughed out loud and repeated the "four out of five recliners" part. That's the single best thing I've heard... Shit, this year. Thanks, brother.

replicant
04-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Literally laughed out loud and repeated the "four out of five recliners" part. That's the single best thing I've heard... Shit, this year. Thanks, brother.I blame the malt liquor. :D

Bat420maN
04-17-2011, 02:42 AM
I wasn't really feelin the music. The skating and cam work was pretty much as good as it gets though. The ender was beyond badass. I'd give you four out five batarangs but, you'd probably put a hole in all those fresh new recliners.

burn
04-17-2011, 08:48 AM
*posted the same over @ GFaqs*

whoa! DV just blew up the spot!

gotta say, im fully impressed with the mic skills. trick selection was great too bro! the ender was ****ing smooth as butter. the earlier wallride to k-flip out was tight, loved the sequence at 1:09, and as always you killed gaps and stair sets.

just quick pointer for the edit, (im nitpicking, but its real criticism).....

no transitions in between clips? i think i would have flowed better that way. also, with transitions in between clips, you can hide those panbacks i caught in a few of the tricks.

anytime i cant clear up a panback in a clip of mine, i use transitions to smoke and mirrors it. or i just shorten the clip in Vegas when doing the edit to remove the camera pan outta the clip altogether.

keep rollin!

DonVigo
04-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Bats - Thanks brother. I know hip-hop can be a hard pill to swallow, as I'm VERY picky about what I like and don't like myself. My buddy and I did that on the cheapest form of the cheap, so it's not quality. Thanks for listening though, anyway. I can feel the lack of feeling. Hehehehe. I could also use those 'rangs! I got me some loud-ass neighbor kids that need a better reason to run around screaming.

Burn - Also, thank YOU my brother. You're right about the transitions. To be totally honest, Rep is right, it was the malt liqour. I started the editing process before work and intended to do all the beatmatching and blending when I got home... But I brought home a sixer with me and had it about polished off by the time I finished my edit. As many times as I've listened to that song, me with a buzz didn't wanna take the time to do the work. I'm not going to lie, I get my drink and smoke on and I become one lazy turd.

As far as more music goes, I'll see if I have anything else that I'm not totally embarrased by to use in the future... Maybe on that Project X thing you guys know of. I have a lot recorded, just not a ton I like. However, if you feel the urge to peruse my material more, feel free: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Intellecktshuals/300286728092