PDA

View Full Version : 5 in 1 at Maloof

C.B. Moreau
04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMUcTp7KSqA

My first video. Would love any feedback, good or bad. I'm going to produce a full length solo, probably over the rest of spring break, but I need music. If anyone could provide advice on how to select that, I'd be grateful.

RedScharlach
04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
some tips:
- try and keep the whole skater in the frame all the time, except sometimes for artsy cut-away effects at the end of the clips. but yea, like in the second clip you cut his feet out when he pops, which is def something to avoid, and in the last clip you don't follow him for the landing, also something you def want to avoid. also in the fourth clip, even though he's in the frame, the camera is positioned so that you can't see the landing, which is again not so great looking.

- it's best to cut off the ends of your clips if its just the skater going into the distance/the camera starting to move backwards (panback)

- in terms of tricks, obviously you should just do whatever you want to and have fun with it, but that being said, people generally most enjoy watching stuff that is difficult and clearly has some intention behind it. the third clip, for example, starts off really creatively and it looks like you planned that little 180-stall-180 up, but then the shuv-lateflip kinda detracts from the clip cuz it feels like you just threw it out there at random. this is just a matter of taste of course, but certain stylistic trends do tend to prevail in the skate community, and more people will watch/comment on your stuff the more difficult and creative it is.

-and as for music, just use whatever you like dude, this community is about creative self-expression, so just pick a sound that feels right to you. sure, there are haters for every genre, but fuckem, its your video. it does make your vids seem a little more polished if you can match the speed of your skating/edit to the tempo of your song, but its not really that important.

hope this helps. also, sorry if it seems like I'm ripping apart your vid. I mean, I kind of am, but everyone has to start somewhere. also, I actually really liked the two stall tricks. anyway my first video probably gave some people seizures, so, don't even sweat it. hope to see more stuff here in the future dude.

briden
04-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Just back the camera up a little bit next time. Trick selection was on point, front tail pop over was proper.

replicant
04-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Get that camera in check and you'll be fine. Tricks were nice and clean. Good work.