PDA

View Full Version : Pawn Back To OG Vol 2

pawnluvguitarist
04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
a four hour OG sesh...
some of my old favorite spots...

im hooked again, and the funnest thing is after the sesh, pop in S3, and its like a whole new game. Definitely see me going back and fourth between games now with my footy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bczm82gyfq4

MarcoPoloUSN
04-23-2011, 10:38 PM
revert pop shuvs = wins

nice consistent style... nice watch

Antwan
04-23-2011, 11:02 PM
tailslide powerslide low shuv looked smoooth
and wallride variations?
Hell yeah man.

I have to get the other games again soon.. I'm honestly missing skate 2 for some reason.

Shaydee UK
04-24-2011, 12:47 AM
I miss the mindblown feeling when I first played OG skate, couple of the spots in this vid reminded me of that feeling!

bohemian
04-24-2011, 01:12 AM
3flipugnosegrindnosemannybigspin and the noseblunt in the res was supacool

replicant
04-24-2011, 04:18 AM
I miss the OG City so much. Wish I had Skate 3 (for the most part) with that city.

http://ll.assets.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/ugc/skate3-cgc/2011/4/14/8af888d82eea12d2012f5529ca0f06fc-1302803892000-ORIGINAL.png

maqqot
04-24-2011, 04:26 AM
imma play some skate1 now :3

Flea
04-24-2011, 06:08 AM
oh man this was awesome to watch! haha i literally 2 days ago put in OG skate cos i wanted to check out the layout - the old backback etc. I didn't count on the actual gameplay giving me so much, everything felt so loose and different to skate 3 it all came flooding back! ha i really miss ungrindablunts - its so much LESS slidey in skate 3... hard to describe

fakie shuvit feeble on 'the' UG ledge @0:24 was so awesome!

aaaah that spot at 0:34 ! man i remember (possibly the same trick? (tre nosegrind-nose manny- bigspin out) from one of your first ungrindable videos - i remember that got me so inspired ! i loved that spot in OG skate

really tempted to get some OG footage now too

Deacon
04-24-2011, 06:27 AM
OG FTW, all day, every day. I fucking love it. Beasty vid, deffo looking forward to seeing more of these.

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 06:55 AM
aaaah that spot at 0:34 ! man i remember (possibly the same trick? (tre nosegrind-nose manny- bigspin out) from one of your first ungrindable videos - i remember that got me so inspired ! i loved that spot in OG skate

Thanks man, similar trick, was a nollie noseslide nosemanual bigspin :)

What i did was watch my OG Year in review vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mIDwKU_HtY. When i saw a spot i really wanted to skate i'd pause, go film and try to one up myself. Probably one of the most fun single seshes i've had...

I've really noticed one of the ways that OG is better than S3 in my opinion...
Everything is smoother, including popless, UG's revert shuvs ect...
It just seems to be much more stable/flexible when you're trying to break the engine compared to S3, like you have more leeway...

I notice my style changes a bit going back to S1, its pretty fun, cause i'm gravitating toward stuff that I cant do in S3...

I'm not done with S3 though, there's a lot of things you can only do in S3, and things that S3 does best...

thesignguy
04-24-2011, 07:46 AM
That was soooo fun

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 08:04 AM
That was soooo fun

Really was, you should give it a go man.
Just riding around, I kinda missed the hardcore mode physics and weight but once you start tweaking the engine, wow...

maqqot
04-24-2011, 11:03 AM
watched it again; so good so good

i wish the og reel was still up ...

emericaridr11
04-24-2011, 11:15 AM
rail at :58 secs is BY FAR my favorite rails in all the games combined, love that shit

MarcoPoloUSN
04-24-2011, 11:30 AM
commenting again to say that I got OG Skate in the mail about bout a week ago...

and in terms of just cruising around, its the best game. See I started with s3, and moved on down.

im having the most fun with OG skate

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 12:32 PM
commenting again to say that I got OG Skate in the mail about bout a week ago...

and in terms of just cruising around, its the best game. See I started with s3, and moved on down.

im having the most fun with OG skate

nice man, how do you feel about S2? I've found myself going back and fourth between OG and S3, kinda see S2 to be a useless in between to be honest, I just like how different OG and S3 are, both really fun in their own ways...

Unflexed
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
On the OG like we bringin Sketch back,

They shootin, aw I made you look you a slave to a page in my rhyme book
Gettin big money playboy your time's up
Where them gangstas? where them dimes at?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/ImPrettyGangsterMyself.jpg

OG is the shit, but i see s2 is an improved version of OG, s3 is the wild card out for me.

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 05:45 PM
OG is the shit, but i see s2 is an improved version of OG, s3 is the wild card out for me.

Im not really as much of a fan of S2, but i'm definitely going to give it a shot.
I just need to find something that is best in S2.
I find that the things S2 does better than OG, S3 does and even better job and vice versa

Antwan
04-24-2011, 05:55 PM
S2 is what really got me going man..
Props with meaning.. reverts right into hippie jumps
flatground shuvs and 360 flip footplants.. whats not to like.
There's something in every version of skate, just gotta tap into it.
Some crazy street.. Damn too soon is not soon enough.
To do: Capture card.. possible tripod camera for real skating and the old skates.
To explain: 3 different games for the low low price of expression and or competitive manual natures.
I forsee a three feature in the future.
To Reference: check the old skate 2 vids.. you'll remember.

pawnluvguitarist
04-24-2011, 05:57 PM
thats true, smoother hippies and kush pops too

Antwan
04-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Lets not forget where the breed of all advance grab footplants came from..
I won't claim it but I'm pretty sure I was one of the first on xbox.. at least on flatground ;)

MarcoPoloUSN
04-24-2011, 08:03 PM
nice man, how do you feel about S2? I've found myself going back and fourth between OG and S3, kinda see S2 to be a useless in between to be honest, I just like how different OG and S3 are, both really fun in their own ways...

Skate 2 has been feeling awkward in between. It feels the oldest for some reason. Skate 3 feels so heavy after playing OG. I'd say Skate 3 is the most challenging for me.
All of the games are good in their own way. Like Antwan said... you have to tap into each of them.

OG Skate... my cruising game. The game where you can sit back... roll around.

Skate 2... game that gets the old vibe in videos... nostalgia feel... old spots... old physics. The filming is a bitch, but looks great in the final product.

Skate 3... business game. The best productions can come from this game. It has a heavy feeling... hard physics... solid filming. Bright game.

NotedDerk
04-24-2011, 08:42 PM
noseblunt to noseblunt powerslide across the ledge was dope as hell.

Oddity
04-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I can't play OG, the last time I put it in I lost a day in what seemed like 3 hours. So fun. S2 is kind of boring, S3 is pretty entertaining especially building park now, and OG just beats them in raw entertainment.

pawnluvguitarist
04-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I can't play OG, the last time I put it in I lost a day in what seemed like 3 hours. So fun. S2 is kind of boring, S3 is pretty entertaining especially building park now, and OG just beats them in raw entertainment.

Oh yeah, time is just flying, and I keep getting sidetracked. Like you skate or find one spot and all these memories start coming back. All the hidden stuff outside the map and stuff, having a blast.

Meeyoch409
04-26-2011, 07:58 PM
ahh the good ol skate 1 days lol