PDA

View Full Version : rzrfvr @ the Neighborhood

rzrfvr
04-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Well hello! I've been busy elsewhere for awhile (buying a house, painting it, building a kitchen...) but I won't bore you with that. Instead I'll drop some old clips on you for a park I released some time ago :cool:

I don't really make a lot of videos so crits and comments are very welcome. So happy that I finally finished this. I'm in the process of starting another vid where I'll include some more scenery shots to set the mood and of course; lines lines lines.

Also, I got a new park coming pretty soon.

Tell me if Youtube removed the song for you and I'll upload to Vimeo as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBXS5iE_XxY

SeksulChokolate
04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
damn one of the most realistic looking parks I've seen in a while
link?

emericaridr11
04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
look whos back...... whole place has a real nice look man, cant wait to see what you drop down

adda89ldn
04-25-2011, 06:01 PM
how the hell did i miss this one :s?

great video. LOVE the Hellacopters!

park looks so good.

replicant
04-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Very nice vid and great looking park. Definitely, will have to get it bookmarked.

Ayreon
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
make more vids...your good at it. lol. Fuckin great park too.

rzrfvr
04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanx for the comments. The park link is in the description at YouTube.

Any comments on what to improve video-wise?

emericaridr11
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanx for the comments. The park link is in the description at YouTube.

Any comments on what to improve video-wise?

only thing i dont like is that Vignette blur (im assuming you used magic bullet)

rzrfvr
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
only thing i dont like is that Vignette blur (im assuming you used magic bullet)

Yeah, MB is really a quick fix. Like auto levels and such. I wanted a shallow DOF but realized that it was too time consuming. It works on tripod shots but I can see how it can easily be a bit cheesy.

EternalRewind
04-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Damn that was pretty good dude... Very nice park, looks realistic and unique...Tricks were nice..Maybe you could add some smooth low, up close fish eye shoots next time..Do you know how to use the fish eye glitch?

Very good vid!

rzrfvr
04-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Damn that was pretty good dude... Very nice park, looks realistic and unique...Tricks were nice..Maybe you could add some smooth low, up close fish eye shoots next time..Do you know how to use the fish eye glitch?

Very good vid!

Thank you! I know how to glitch, some of the shots were at 18mm. I'll definately throw some low fisheye shots in for the lines in my next video.

robley
04-26-2011, 11:27 PM
the soft focus got to be a bit much, but i liked what you were doing with DOF, and your long lense shots are amazing. i agree with rewind on the closer fish eye stuff, but the production quality and impression the video gave was really really nice. keep making more because this was really good.

what typeface did you use in your title?

briden
04-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Markovich!

rzrfvr
04-27-2011, 02:16 AM
I love getting some constructive criticism and I love long shots. I'll definately work on more wide angle stuff. I'd like to keep the lenses somewhat real so I try to have shots at zoom levels of 18-24 and 70-300. Not really good at getting stuff looking good at around 10 mm.

Any tips on how to gather scenery shots? I don't want to be forced to upload a clip for every shot that might just be a few frames. How do you guys do it? Capture several shots in one clip?

what typeface did you use in your title?

The typeface is Knockout by Hoefler & Frere-Jones. You can buy it here: http://www.typography.com . They are one of the best foundries and make some incredibly good fonts.

Markovich!
Kris Markovich? What do you mean? Style wise or trick wise or what?

EternalRewind
04-27-2011, 03:05 AM
I'd like to keep the lenses somewhat real so I try to have shots at zoom levels of 18-24.. Not really good at getting stuff looking good at around 10 mm.

I use 13mm for most of my last solo..I think it looks real... Try 13-16 and see if you like it, if not keep using 18..

I got to work on my long lens shots, some of the ones i did in my last vid didn't turn out to good lol...I need to use a higher mm next time and better angles.

rzrfvr
04-27-2011, 03:33 AM
I use 13mm for most of my last solo..I think it looks real... Try 13-16 and see if you like it, if not keep using 18..

I got to work on my long lens shots, some of the ones i did in my last vid didn't turn out to good lol...I need to use a higher mm next time and better angles.

Oh yes 13mm certainly looks real. I guess I'm just not very good at controlling the distortion. It is all about not tilting up and down I guess. I'll try going down to maybe 15 and see if I can make it look good. For long shots my tip is to include some sort of foreground in the shots.

replicant
04-27-2011, 03:54 AM
Long Shots are my kryptonite. I'll have to try 13-16 (18) cause I've had best luck at 35.

briden
04-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Kris Markovich? What do you mean? Style wise or trick wise or what?

I mean the song that you used.

HorseHead
04-27-2011, 09:53 AM
The long lens shots were great and I liked the edit. Melon 180 was my favorite. Park looks amazing too, too bad it's not for 360...