PDA

View Full Version : Smaller push

Ayreon
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Of course when you tap the push it does a small push but the second one is always bigger than the first. I found a weird trick to make that second one a bit smaller. Push forward on the left stick to make ur dude hunch over then hold the dark catch button. Then ur push should be a little smaller. It's good when you're rolling already and want a bit of a push but not a huge one. It also gives a nice visual variety with the pushing animation.

Got any more tips for a small push, I'd love to hear them.

replicant
05-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Of course when you tap the push it does a small push but the second one is always bigger than the first. I found a weird trick to make that second one a bit smaller. Push forward on the left stick to make ur dude hunch over then hold the dark catch button. Then ur push should be a little smaller. It's good when you're rolling already and want a bit of a push but not a huge one. It also gives a nice visual variety with the pushing animation.

Got any more tips for a small push, I'd love to hear them.Hmm, will have to test this in a bit.

knexzor
05-06-2011, 04:08 AM
I might be wrong on this, but I also think the tap-push doesn't give you the weird leg-extension before putting the foot back on the board. Might be wrong tho haha

bohemian
05-06-2011, 04:18 AM
even tho i use the tap- push from time to time, i find it just as wrong and contrived as the regular one. too bad they didnt do them better.. the push and the stance are arguably the most important elements of skateboarding aestethics

heshfield
05-06-2011, 07:01 AM
.. the push and the stance are arguably the most important elements of skateboarding aestethics

so true. I think thats something that takes a lot of pleasure out of the game for me; its hard to not be annoyed when the balls your skater's feet are hanging off the board and he's seemingly balancing on his heels.
As for pushing, I usually tap my last push to avoid the leg kick as much as possible, but still getting the full effect of the pushes before it.

Skatehead
05-06-2011, 08:39 AM
leg kicks all day....

I kinda stumbled upon this one time, but never thought too much about it...
cuz its habit to tap up before I pop tricks, and so be it i ran into this....
thought it might have been used already.....but never tired it with dark catch....more then likely he would have the t-rex hands while doing it...
honestly its nothing amazing, just another minor tweek we come across time to time...
anybody remember the standing body varial from S2?
Clay did it in a video......

oh yeah hesh....your avatar should be a board. ;)

Antwan
05-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't know about visuals or r1 after push but
I've been getting a full kick and then a small one with just as much speed by tapping the right trigger right after he starts it..
saves filming time for me.. too lazy to do a long roll up and it does cut down on time used pushing.

EternalRewind
05-06-2011, 10:39 AM
yeah pushing forward or L2 at the right timing hunch works but pushing should work properly in the first place we shouldn't have to do these kind of things to stop our skater from looking retarded

Ayreon
05-06-2011, 11:13 AM
thought it might have been used already.....but never tired it with dark catch....more then likely he would have the t-rex hands while doing it...

Lol, T-rex hands. It aint too apparent cause you only have to hold it for half a second.

I don't know about visuals or r1 after push but
I've been getting a full kick and then a small one with just as much speed by tapping the right trigger right after he starts it..
saves filming time for me.. too lazy to do a long roll up and it does cut down on time used pushing.
Trigger eh? Shit I'll give that a shot.

Antwan
05-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah I'm guessing it's no different from the stick forward but I just like pushing the trigger timing came pretty natural..

Ayreon
05-16-2011, 11:10 PM
tried it. works. I like the one i came up with a little better even though its more of a bitch to do.