PDA

View Full Version : Antwan - Gaps Vid

Antwan
05-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Well what can I say.. I do more gaps than I can think of.. this video was long overdue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr2lPIamym8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr2lPIamym8

briden
05-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Way too "high score" for my tastes, but the wallride past the tree was sick. Ender too.

Antwan
05-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Huh I really don't follow man..
what did you expect from a gaps video honestly?

Thanks though the wallride is tough.. done it before but not with that much speed.

briden
05-13-2011, 09:32 PM
I just meant you can skate gaps realistically and still make it look good (which you did a little bit of in the vid). But doing stuff like bodyflips, footplant late shuv/flips, or other combos just really take away from it IMO. On second watch it really wasn't as bad, but stuff like that just takes all the focus off of the gaps themselves.

Antwan
05-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Haha
Some of the gaps weren't possible without variations
creativity slacks.. fuck realism if you ask me.
Same with real skating no more fucking heart.. competitions, sponsor me videos..
not what it's about.
I guess I never did like negative feedback
I can't see it the way you do, I never will.
In a sense I'm just as stubborn about my opinion
people like realism in a game but talk about manipulating the engine.. what's the point.
Most of us came in from Tony Hawk and now all of a sudden get hardons for realism
This is pent up frustration from time put into and putting out videos..
there's always someone telling me improve or do something differently
I'm going to do what I want when I want.. if someone enjoys watching it cool.
didn't skate realistic give me a break.. stop being realistic and start having fun.
The way people view skating is starting to depress me yeah it's just a game so why be depressed
well why be worried about how realistic something was.. I guess I'm trying to express here and I can't do it with the bullshit restrictions people call realism..
Realism is constantly fucking changed every time someone breaks boundaries in skateboarding.
Just like.. Fuckin done man.
again the attitude not aimed at you Briden, but the message.. seen how you want..
I don't even know if that makes sense but it felt good.

DonVigo
05-13-2011, 10:30 PM
creativity slacks.. fuck realism if you ask me.
Same with real skating no more fucking heart.. competitions, sponsor me videos..
not what it's about.

For. Fucking. TRUTH. I actually shied away from releasing any work myself cause of the realism nazi's I'd see blasting sand out their pooters when I lurked the EA forums around launch. I came to the Tony Hawk series from real skateboarding, so to me it was always a bit lame. Granted, we had a blast when I was 16, THPS2 came out, and we could MANUAL. If you turned off Auto Push, you could ALMOST session the School 2 level realistically. However, at the end of the day, Skate is still a video game. It's meant to at best be somewhat realistic. Let's face it, a lot of real skaters couldn't pop most of their flip tricks as high as this game will let you, and the scale of things is slightly exaggerated to work with the physics engine. I try to walk the line in between the two styles (real and arcade), but the just plain real shit people try to do kinda bores me as it's so scaled down from what the "norm" really is in the game's world. Granted, I respect the effort it takes to to lowpop, nopop, ungrindablegrind stuff, and it's all quite watchable... But it's just not a style that speaks to me. I dig some over the top in my video gaming.

Well, off MY soapbox...

Sick footy, 'Twan. Saw some gaps I thought I had conquered get killed again, and have some definite additions to my "shit to jump off of" list. Good shit, bro.

Antwan
05-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Cool did anyone else like this haha

pawnluvguitarist
05-15-2011, 04:25 AM
great stuff man, i liked all the footplants and your quirky take on gaps

Antwan
05-15-2011, 04:31 AM
Thank you guys for watching..
and thanks Pawn That's all I wanted people to see man..
just a different approach..
but it has to be highscore or whatever..
I hate to blow up but I've been trying to settle for a while..
finally going to start doing what I like.

Like..
Footplant Stepup? < try to get this first try
Footplant the top stair, hand varial, nose manual revert out?

And Please take into account how low my fingerflips were..
this took some time.