PDA

View Full Version : Emericaridr11 solo - FLAVORS

emericaridr11
05-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Im saving all the real nasty edit stuff for the Halcyon Full, so the start of this video is a little slow and kind of random.... then it gets pretty cool

went heavy with the Colors (cause its half the editing fun):p

let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QimZAgFpcek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QimZAgFpcek

VIMEO- http://vimeo.com/23952681

replicant
05-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Good tricks, good spots, good camera work...
The color editing was way overboard to me and I know you were experimenting with that.

The washed out look (almost borderline sepia) of the intro with dated film grain was nice and I really dug that. However, it seems you played around a lot with the brightness in many of the tricks really blowing out the film. The whites and some neons seriously made my eyes twitch. I think that type of overexposure has to be used in moderation or it just starts making things blur together and you lose lots of detail.

Your banger looked awesome because it was highlighted basically by ambient light and maybe a touch of brightness, but not enough to lose the contrast between the area and your skater.

Wiltzuh
05-19-2011, 05:42 AM
LOTS OF LOVE ! I really like your style and especially filming...you can film your tricks look sooo good and DAMN your intros are too dope.
I know it's really REALLY fun to edit colours and i do it also personally. Your corrections went nice with whole vid. Most i loved those inside Art Gallery things (from 1:58).
Beautiful colours and intro <3

Can't wait that FL !

MarcoPoloUSN
05-19-2011, 07:29 AM
The color corrections were too intense for me... but the skating and filming was sick. This is a quality video.

SK8ERatWAR
05-19-2011, 07:36 AM
damn sick! i liked the cc.. ^^

Benutzer1Oliver
05-19-2011, 08:13 AM
that was very smoooth. nice filming and skating.

and the edit.... so gooood (music a bit too slow imo)

bengrover
05-19-2011, 08:37 AM
At first I wasn't sure on the colours. By the end i decided I loved them. Filming is always so smoooooooooth.

Halcyon full is gonna be BIG.

HorseHead
05-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Cool shit, E. Loved the gap across the street from the Art Gallery and all the stuff in the AG stuck out as well. Nice work man. Ender looks frustrating as all hell, super sick. Looking forward to the full.

Skatehead
05-19-2011, 09:14 AM
always fancy on the edit...love that shit.

scharkey
05-19-2011, 09:55 AM
i like the direction you took with the tricks, cam, and editing.. ender was pretty cool as well as the regs rippage.. hyping me up for your part in the full!

Techn9cianforlife
05-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Was it only me who didn't notice that much craziness with the color correction? Lol Anyways, always smooth from you. At 1:20, I used that gap a few solos ago as my ender..and you go and use it in a line Lol But yeah, nice edit man.

pairsprowlin 666
05-19-2011, 11:24 AM
smoother then a baby's bottom ...effects color corrects Loooked very nice...:o

Jack
05-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Good shit as always, flip in flip outs looked amazing. Sw hardflip bs tail was a ball-tingler.

mreasyguy
05-19-2011, 02:04 PM
3 words... Chilled Eye sex

briden
05-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Even if I wanted to, there is nothing bad I even could say about this. Quality shit.

rzrfvr
05-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Fantastic work E! Filming and skating is so good.

The CC in the first couple of clips was really great. I would have liked to see that carried out throughout the entire video. Like someone said, it gets a little iffy when you blow out the highlights that much and pull the shadows down into oblivion. Necessary details get lost. But do keep experimenting, like you say it is half the fun of editing.

IBS0L0ADED
05-20-2011, 05:52 AM
That was art. Beautiful edit man. ;)
out B.

m.seven
05-20-2011, 04:02 PM
loved the color correction.filming and editing were great as always.look forward to seeing the Halcyon full.

Razorlike Blue
05-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Nice work. Filming was beautiful, as were the colors. I do have to say that the sudden brightness in some clips did put a little strain on my eyes. Otherwise, I'll try sticking around for the full.

xRiverKing
05-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Loved it man, nice and chill. Didn't mind the coloring too much

bohemian
05-20-2011, 11:34 PM
beautiful cameras man, like the look as well, very good video

emericaridr11
05-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Big thanks dudes!!!

Replicant- your 100% right... I jacked up the White SO MUCH in some clips.... and believe it or not the last two clips were some of my Heaviest Corrections, they just turned out nice and subtle like, thanks man

Wiltz- thanks man Ive been messing around with some different but simple camera angles/movements, and I know you love MagicBull just as much as I do!

Marco- haha I figured you would be one that wouldnt dig the colors that much, sanvan colors suck.... especially the skies (you know what Im sayin), I think I will always color them clips (not this heavy though).... thanks man glad you enjoyed it, been a lil while since I made a vid

Sk8ERatWAR- thanks for taking the time to watch and comment man

Oliver- ya I agree the song is a little slow at the start, and I tend to always use slower songs, Im going to try to mix that up.... thanks!

Bengrover- haha I feel you... at first you see some pretty half assed CC's (with some good ones), towards the end the music gets cooler and the colors I spent more time with, Im glad you ended up liking them too!!!

Horsehead- it might sound crazy but for some reason I can Switch NoseBlunt with ease (just comfortable for me)... and everytime I flipped out of the blunt, my guy just wanted to land on the skinny....it took like 4 tries, I did try other tricks on it with no luck... thanks donkeydome!

Skatehead- editing is pretty fun for me, sometimes I tend to go overboard though, thanks for watching this sucka

Scharkey- full length is gonna rock, there will be so many nice parts to watch..... thanks for peeping it and commenting

Tech- I think you might be the only one....ya..... that tree ate me up a few times in that gap, damn death trees..... thanks Tech!

Prowlin- YOU F-n KNOW IT!

Jack- much appreciated man, flip in flip outs....... well I can dig, hard!

Mreasyguy- wear protection!

Briden- thanks man, im all about some quality

rzrfvr- you mean the De-saturated Start clips?..... anyways ya mad busted up the whites, but actually didnt do much anything to the shadows...... well a tad little bit.... Ive been having troubles with the skies if my clips, so I decided that hitting them whites super up would eliminate that.... and it did, but like you said for sure took some detailing away.... good looks, thanks dude

Ibs- thanks homie, most was at art gallery...muah

m7419- why thank you sir, and you certainly Wont be disappointed by the full length

Razor- thanks for watching, hope your eyes heal, jk...... but come on back for more, we gots stuff coming

Riverking- colors are heavy, I kind of figured peeps would either Love or total Hate, not too many Middlemen... thanks!

bohemian- much thanks, seems to be my most enjoyed vid to date, went a little different direction in my filming (nothing to drastic) but different than my usual

Im a little surprised that no one mentioned the Feet Squeeks in the ArtGallery, just that little extra detail, haha love it thanks you guys!

Ayreon
05-21-2011, 10:22 PM
great shit man. always love ur edits and song choices

I just got pissed off cause I pretty much do the exact same trick as you in my new solo that you did at 2:40 over the rail then into a nosegrind lol. Ahh well.

SuperMutantFerf
05-21-2011, 11:37 PM
video looked great...
did you do something to get more rich sounds? there were a few clips where it sounded pretty cool inside the art gallery

emericaridr11
05-21-2011, 11:40 PM
video looked great...
did you do something to get more rich sounds? there were a few clips where it sounded pretty cool inside the art gallery

yes sir I did.... Ive been messing with the audio levels.... making the riding parts really loud (so you can hear the textures)... and its a pain but it makes a difference....

might start using real sounds but I cant find any ever..... so I just EQ, and keyframe the audio levels, to get what I think is the closest I can get to real life sounds (using in game ones).....

thanks dudes

DonVigo
05-22-2011, 12:26 AM
YEAH... So, about my mind... You blew it.

Nothing about that video, however, blew at all.

Epic, just... Epic.

Jean-Olive
05-22-2011, 02:32 AM
might start using real sounds but I cant find any ever.....

I gave some links to real sounds on my last post (solo 6). If you want more, just ask me :)
I'll be pleased to hear some real sounds in your next edid
btw, your video is a real beauty.

emericaridr11
05-22-2011, 02:47 AM
I gave some links to real sounds on my last post (solo 6). If you want more, just ask me :)
I'll be pleased to hear some real sounds in your next edid
btw, your video is a real beauty.

ya I jacked all those Links, and as well as all the other emerica b-side ones...... I think im ok for now, I got like 7 videos of sounds now.....

Thanks to you man.... Big thanks for sharing them sounds!

Wiltzuh
05-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Dude you have to teach me how to do those corner-angle-filming ! I damn want to do those for full lenght stuff !

FullyFl4RED00
05-24-2011, 12:49 AM
What can I say man I'm a fan of your parks as well as your vid skills! Nice trick selection hell yeah

FullyFl4RED00
05-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Oh yeah and the intro...dope as fuck...colors=perfection.

Roke
05-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Flavor of Love? or Color of Love?

Either way..

Beautiful E!

momadaddy
05-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Clap clap clap!!!!!

FDH3rd
05-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Tricky ender

punkinate
05-27-2011, 12:00 PM
double blunt was fuckin' butter. Great double angles and the bail in the art gallery with your shoes squeaking was brilliant.

Mark the Sith
06-03-2011, 08:27 AM
How could anyone find a fault in this vid?