PDA

View Full Version : Pawn Summer 2011 raw clips #1

pawnluvguitarist
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYiiDjHAe0

I will have a full misc part and a full flatground/freestyle part at some point, but in the meantime im just going to continue to upload all the raw footy i gather along the way, enjoy :)

MarcoPoloUSN
06-07-2011, 05:26 PM
awesome dude. 2nd and 3rd clips were awesome. sweet vans too.

DonVigo
06-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Love this style soooooo much. That... Uh... Nocomplyplantollieupthingie... I'm not sure what to call it, but it's tricks like that that make me wanna go out and annoy the neighbors at 9pm trying a tiny version of it.

BTW, you've inspired me. It's a whole whopping trick back, but I re-learned no comply 180's to a very sketchy extent today.

Gotta remember, it's more in the swoop than the pop.

Keep it rolling, brother.

replicant
06-08-2011, 02:20 AM
cool watch man. loved the no comply stuff and you got the casper pretty solid. that 2nd no comply almost looked like it flipped back in, but might have been the angle. worst part was the fact that it looks like a fun park and nobody else was there besides you and filmer. QQ Welcome to Team 80's though!

Boxerman08
06-08-2011, 04:31 AM
sick no complies dude, been trying them out recently with no success lol i only tried no comply 180's though, cause i find it looks so sick and fun to do. any tips?

FDH3rd
06-08-2011, 06:54 AM
those no complys are sick. im still trying to get those proper.

nice lil edit.

replicant
06-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Learn a No Comply from the MASTER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91c2X7NMNAY

Boxerman08
06-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Learn a No Comply from the MASTER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91c2X7NMNAY

sick stuff haha I've tried watching tutorials and shit but they don't help me all that much personally... I do what they say, but mine flips out pretty much like 90% of the time, or i can do it properly, but I can't stay above the board (I'm talking about no comply 180's... maybe I should learn simple no complies before trying variations lol but people told me no comply 180's were easier, but wtv...)

Slamooh
06-08-2011, 08:15 AM
the easiest is no comply fs 180 imo, try this first

Boxerman08
06-08-2011, 08:31 AM
the easiest is no comply fs 180 imo, try this first

yeah those are the ones I've tried, but for some reason I can't get it to go around keeping it under me to land it lol it usually shoots outwards or it flips... :/

replicant
06-08-2011, 09:14 AM
yeah those are the ones I've tried, but for some reason I can't get it to go around keeping it under me to land it lol it usually shoots outwards or it flips... :/While they are easier they do have a tendency to breed bad habits. Make sure you are keeping your foot perpendicular to the side of the deck no matter what and bring your back foot slighty forward from your normal ollie position. When you start compensating and angling your foot you quickly mess yourself up and lose basic forward control so when you wanna do straight no comply tricks you have to relearn the entire trick again. It's all about control and not shortcuts.

pawnluvguitarist
06-08-2011, 09:23 AM
sick stuff haha I've tried watching tutorials and shit but they don't help me all that much personally... I do what they say, but mine flips out pretty much like 90% of the time, or i can do it properly, but I can't stay above the board (I'm talking about no comply 180's... maybe I should learn simple no complies before trying variations lol but people told me no comply 180's were easier, but wtv...)

The 180 version and the standard no comply are so different learning one won't necessarily help with the other. most people that I know that can no comply 180 can't do a standard no comply, but personally I find the no comply easier than the 180 version. I'm not really a fan of the 180 variation, feels like a half ass kinda trick, doesn't feel as solid and controlled to me

I can't really help you with the 180 variation but I'll post my old no comply trick tip when I get off work, and I could help talk you through it. Took me quite some time to get them high and consistent so I may be able to help you out.

DonVigo
06-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Yo Boxerman, as I'm going through that same motion, I'll share what helps for me:

1) Practice a couple ollie 180's first. I've always had a tenancy to follow my board back a couple inches rather than go totally straight when I do those, so I get the muscle memory waking up for it.

2) Like Rep said, be mindful where you place your foot. Lucky for me, my ball of the foot rides in the same part of the pocket for ollies, so it's comfy for me.

3) Spin quick, and pop low. By the time I hear the scoop, I'm already looking to put my front foot back down. Seems when I tried to make them big and showey I'd always lose the board. The ones I've rolled away from were really quick and low. Almost like a more stylish way to do a 180 revert or something.

4) Wiggle your toes. No, it doesn't DO anything, but it seems to kinda clear my head to remember to do that. I mindfuck myself pretty bad when I get close to a trick without landing it. I've noticed when I get a little TOO focused, I wind up deprogressing sometimes. Always nice to keep your mind right.

And Pawn, any tips you have on the regular no comply would be welcomed too. I've never had that trick, but it looks like a blast.

Boxerman08
06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
The 180 version and the standard no comply are so different learning one won't necessarily help with the other. most people that I know that can no comply 180 can't do a standard no comply, but personally I find the no comply easier than the 180 version. I'm not really a fan of the 180 variation, feels like a half ass kinda trick, doesn't feel as solid and controlled to me

I can't really help you with the 180 variation but I'll post my old no comply trick tip when I get off work, and I could help talk you through it. Took me quite some time to get them high and consistent so I may be able to help you out.

ha that would be really dope dude! looking forward to that no comply trick tip vid, maybe it'll help me sort some stuff out. I should try just a regular no comply though, never really tried. But the thing is that I think I'm doing wrong is that I focus maybe a little too much on the popping rather than spinning (for the no comply 180). Maybe I have to be more dedicated to the trick as well and really try it for a long time.

Yo Boxerman, as I'm going through that same motion, I'll share what helps for me:

1) Practice a couple ollie 180's first. I've always had a tenancy to follow my board back a couple inches rather than go totally straight when I do those, so I get the muscle memory waking up for it.

2) Like Rep said, be mindful where you place your foot. Lucky for me, my ball of the foot rides in the same part of the pocket for ollies, so it's comfy for me.

3) Spin quick, and pop low. By the time I hear the scoop, I'm already looking to put my front foot back down. Seems when I tried to make them big and showey I'd always lose the board. The ones I've rolled away from were really quick and low. Almost like a more stylish way to do a 180 revert or something.

4) Wiggle your toes. No, it doesn't DO anything, but it seems to kinda clear my head to remember to do that. I mindfuck myself pretty bad when I get close to a trick without landing it. I've noticed when I get a little TOO focused, I wind up deprogressing sometimes. Always nice to keep your mind right.

And Pawn, any tips you have on the regular no comply would be welcomed too. I've never had that trick, but it looks like a blast.

I usually mess around trying no comply 180s after I've done most of my tricks (when I skate usually, I start a sesh by warming up with all the tricks I know I can do; kickflips, heels, shuvs, fs shuvs, 180's (switch, fakie, nollie, reg), etc.) and then I try some stuff I'm either trying to get better or learning new tricks. I've tried learning no comply 180s a couple of times after my "warm-up" but never really got around to it. I guess the trick to getting no comply 180's is all about foot placement, so I'll have to try to place my feet at different places and hopefully find something that works for me. your 3rd tip seems to clarify some things for me since i think i focus too much on the popping rather than spinning, so I'll try to spin quick and pop low.

thanks for the tips guys :cool: until my ankle gets better, i'll be messing around trying to learn no complies haha

pawnluvguitarist
06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
i'll post my old no comply trick tip in a bit, they barely left the ground back then but it'll give you an idea. Im also rendering the no comply I did in the video above but in extra slow motion so you can see what im doing, its quite a bit different than what you'll see in the trick tip.

sidenote, fucking up my ankle is what got me to focus on freestyle cuz i couldn't flick any fliptricks for a while, never went back ;)

pawnluvguitarist
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
ok so first thing the old tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeVZaba3nAk&feature=channel_video_title
You can see i was at the very early stages here, barely leaving the ground, the board was never close to being vertical and never flattens out in mid air.

now my new and improved no complys in extra slow motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiLttWsmkO4
Notice how i get the board completely vertical, kinda stuck to my leg,
if you picture me doing it on flat and not up a step up you see that it would have flattened out nicely at the peak.
Watch how the back foot slides right up to the top of the board

so basically break it down into steps, might not be the same for everybody, but its how i do em and i can get them consistently 4 decks high this way:

1) feet spread out all the way to each tip of the board
2) crouch down, front foot steps forward back foot pops board up till its vertical
3) Back foot slides up to the front hardware as you jump
4) once your back foot reaches the front hardware you give it a push forward to level it out

Start by just getting one step at a time. It took me a long time to go from a few inches off the ground to where i am now.

First focus on just being comfortable riding in that position

then work on getting the board vertical, dont even worry about landing it. It will kinda feel like its stuck to your leg when you are doing it right. Then just build it up from there.

Good luck man, any questions feel free i'll try to help you out, maybe we can troubleshoot whatever problems you have with them, maybe i can help speed up the process, cuz it took me years on my own haha

Boxerman08
06-08-2011, 03:45 PM
wow dude thanks a lot! because of your trick tip video, i'm tempted to try variations haha they look so sick to do! as of right now, I can't really try out your tips because there's actually a thunderstorm going down as of right now haha but whenever it'll be skatable outside, i'll for sure try it out, and let you know if i get them or not. ;)

Antwan
06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Nice stuff Marc..
I remember the no comply out of bowls video on melonmanmedia
reminds me of that.. looks pretty cool on stepups though.

DonVigo
06-10-2011, 05:11 AM
F/S Shuv = Sex

Fingerflip = There's no way it's as easy as you make it look...

I must learn both...

Boxerman08
06-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Btw, continuing on what I was rambling on about no complies and stuff a little while ago, I still didn't really manage to get them in regular (never really got around to trying it a lot, but I'm getting there lol), but instead I got switch no comply fs 180's haha a really fun trick to do just to go back to regular