PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing out footage and angles?

cornflakes457
06-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Any tips on how to make clips smoother and not jerky? Also angle ideas and need some help with where to place markers when filming ? I know how to use the 10 mm glitch already . Could someone help me make a chart for the 10 mm glitch too so we'll always have something to go off in the future. I will start taking notes when I get off here . This would really make things a whole lot easier specially when using long lens.
Thanks fluckit.

briden
06-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Clips get a lot smoother when you use less markers. It's just one fluid motion from one marker to the next, but if you've got 10 markers for one trick, those 10 fluid motions can be a clusterfuck. Also stay away from 10mm if you want to avoid jerky footage; it's got the widest viewing angle, so it looks like everything moves around a lot more than it actually does.

As for where to place markers, it depends on each clip really. Just make it look good really. I could have 1 clip that I'll set up 5 or more different ways before uploading. Practice makes perfect.

As for long lense, and this is the only real trick/tip I have to give, film the video from far away, upload the clip, then switch to game camera and upload that clip too. Being far away loses the audio, so take the video from the first clip and the audio from the second clip. That way you end up with even skate sounds throughout the video.

BannerBoy360
06-10-2011, 01:57 AM
ya what i have to say is pretty much the same as briden. LESS key markers. especially if its only one trick then you do like one long lense key marker on the guy at the start and one ll on your guy at the end. as for angles, i sometimes like to have it so the lens starts off covered by like a wall or something and then rolls to the right or leftso you can see the trick. for gaps or grass gaps, i put the cam under the trick.